GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 10:55:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Gives Lauren Graham Her Due - 09.18.07  (Read 31858 times)
LaurenFan136
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 23

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »

Yay! I can't wait!!!!!!

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 04:13:35 pm »

If ya go Here there's discussion of her show, and you can submit ideas. It's an Entertainment Weekly site, so I'm not sure that these ideas will ever actually get to NBC, but still, might be fun.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 04:23:52 pm »

Yay! It won't be as good with out Alexis though! But, I can't wait for it!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:07 pm »

This isn't very comforting - latest Ask Ausiello:

Question: Any luck with the Lauren Graham interview? — Gabriella

Ausiello: Bad news: My BFF declined my interview request. I also tried to get a hold of NBC's Ben Silverman, the architect behind LG's megadeal, but he, too, was unavailable to speak to me. The same goes for Graham's manager, John Carrabino. Maybe the wall of silence is their way of keeping expectations in check. After all, as numerous sources tell me, this is nothing more than a standard 12-month holding deal, and one that may or may not result in a TV show. Whispers one insider, "NBC is basically paying her a crapload of money to spend a year sitting around reading bad scripts." Much like the cast of October Road.

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 06:05:25 pm »

This isn't very comforting - latest Ask Ausiello:

Question: Any luck with the Lauren Graham interview? — Gabriella

Ausiello: Bad news: My BFF declined my interview request. I also tried to get a hold of NBC's Ben Silverman, the architect behind LG's megadeal, but he, too, was unavailable to speak to me. The same goes for Graham's manager, John Carrabino. Maybe the wall of silence is their way of keeping expectations in check. After all, as numerous sources tell me, this is nothing more than a standard 12-month holding deal, and one that may or may not result in a TV show. Whispers one insider, "NBC is basically paying her a crapload of money to spend a year sitting around reading bad scripts." Much like the cast of October Road.

I'm about sick of Ausiello.  He jumped on about every bandwagon there was during the end of Season 7.  Then when a few things he "predicted" came true, he was God's gift.

He loves nothing more than to read his own name in print.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 06:29:32 pm »

Heh!  Well I agree with you there conrad....is is very full of self importance, but unfortunately some of his scoop is on the money, so I can't help but read it!

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 06:44:45 pm »

Heh!  Well I agree with you there conrad....is is very full of self importance, but unfortunately some of his scoop is on the money, so I can't help but read it!

Sure, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.... lol

I find it kind of funny that Lauren wouldn't talk to him.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 06:49:06 pm »

Haha very true!!   And I also find it amusing that Lauren has refused his interview.  Maybe it's to teach him a lesson for going so gung ho with his info as the future of GG was in the balance.  Or as he says, is their way of keeping hopes and expectation in check so as to not have another huge public outcry for her to be stuck with.

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 07:20:18 pm »

Haha very true!!   And I also find it amusing that Lauren has refused his interview.  Maybe it's to teach him a lesson for going so gung ho with his info as the future of GG was in the balance.  Or as he says, is their way of keeping hopes and expectation in check so as to not have another huge public outcry for her to be stuck with.

I'm just still so bitter towards not only him, but the gal at TVguide.com and the rest of those morons.  They knew they had us hook line and sinker and just kept throwing things out there hoping to be right.

Taught me a good lesson.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 07:26:48 pm »

Yeah I see you point!  I felt the same way in the beginning.

But then it dawned on me that this is the business they are in.  We are more than happy to go scouring their columns searching for any info at all that suits what our expectations are (spoilers, positive gossip etc), yet at the first sign (well maybe not first...it was repeatedly occuring) of these things not coming true...we bag them endlessly.

It's very much a double edged sword.  They are paid to fill a column, yet if the news is thin.....

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:35 pm »

Yeah I see you point!  I felt the same way in the beginning.

But then it dawned on me that this is the business they are in.  We are more than happy to go scouring their columns searching for any info at all that suits what our expectations are (spoilers, positive gossip etc), yet at the first sign (well maybe not first...it was repeatedly occuring) of these things not coming true...we bag them endlessly.

It's very much a double edged sword.  They are paid to fill a column, yet if the news is thin.....

Oh sure.  That's why I put that last part in about me learning my lesson.  I'm done with them.  Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm not saying that they don't fill a need, but I don't need 'em any more.  The whole "Hollywood" thing just gets under my skin.

Sorry to be negative today, it's just been a long, tiring month for me.

So here's a happy for ya:

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »

Nah you're not being negative at all.  But thanks for the pic.

And yeah I was in a "I'm done with them" phase also.  I was that down about no more GG that I couldn't get out of my funk. Until the new seasons of everything else came about and I realised I was kidding myself LOL.  I need them...I can't help myself!  Especially all the way over here in Australia where a lot of this info is scarce anyways.

Something to cheer you up after your tired week...

Enjoy  Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 07:44:18 pm »

Nah you're not being negative at all.  But thanks for the pic.

And yeah I was in a "I'm done with them" phase also.  I was that down about no more GG that I couldn't get out of my funk. Until the new seasons of everything else came about and I realised I was kidding myself LOL.  I need them...I can't help myself!  Especially all the way over here in Australia where a lot of this info is scarce anyways.

Something to cheer you up after your tired week...

Enjoy  Kiss

lol - thanks for that.

I did get to finally see Evan Almighty.

Of course I was disappointed in her bit part, but it was great to see her on the screen anyway.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 07:52:45 pm »

Hmmm I still haven't seen it!  It's only just on at the cinemas out here now.   I tried to convince my boys that we should go and see it as our holiday movie (they are on school break at the moment), but have been failing miserably.  They are more interested in Underdog and Stardust, than Evan Almighty. Sad

Please read Forum Rules
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 07:56:31 pm »

Hmmm I still haven't seen it!  It's only just on at the cinemas out here now.   I tried to convince my boys that we should go and see it as our holiday movie (they are on school break at the moment), but have been failing miserably.  They are more interested in Underdog and Stardust, than Evan Almighty. Sad

It's good.  I'd give it a 7/10.  If it wasn't for Lauren, I might not have bothered.... lol

Just call me the LG stalker..... 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: