GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:31:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox Cuts Short Sherman-Palladino's Return  (Read 4225 times)
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:06:39 pm »

Fox has closed the book on Amy Sherman-Palladino's post-Gilmore Girls comeback vehicle,
The Return of Jezebel James, after three abysmally-rated outings.
A Fox spokesperson confirms that the comedy starring Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose as unlikely sisters has aired its last episode.

OK, time for some Monday afternoon quarterbacking.
Who deserves the blame here? AS-P? Fox for burying it on Friday night?
The person in charge of integrating that horrible laugh track? Posey for failing to be, well, Lauren Graham?

Source:
TV Guide.

Wow, well as much as I would like Amy to succeed, maybe Parke Posey wasn't the best choice,
maybe a 30 minute comedy wasn't the best path, but that is why you try.
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:43:18 pm »

I can't say whose to blame cept that if we gave ASP much of the credit for GG's incredibleness, then she deserves much of the blame for Jezebel James awfulness.  I couldn't even watch the whole pilot, it was so bad. Parker Posey kept reminding me of Lauren Graham physically, but she didn't have Lauren's heart, seemed all edges and brittleness.  The laugh track was horrid.  I say RIP Jezebel James, and as for ASP, get to work on the GG movie  Wink
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:51:21 pm »

I agree with you gilmoregirls1fan about wanting Amy to succeed, especially with this being her new show so of course I hate to agree that the show is bad.. but it is.

The laugh track definitely irritated me the most, so I'll give a big snarl to whomever decided on that. This news is sad to read just because I'm thinking of ASP, but I probably wouldn't continue watching it anyway.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
nld101307
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

I'm never late, I'm just a perfectionist!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 12:27:36 pm »

I actually kind of enjoyed this show. I would have watched it if they continued to air it but I think what a lot of it could have been was the even though we were getting a new show from AS-P, it wasn't the GG. I know for me, I was looking for something to fill the empty void and what could have been better than a new show from AS-P! But in the end, it wasn't our girls and just not up to par as it should have been.

~SUPER HUGE thanks to Amber for this beautiful sig!!~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:54:47 pm »

I think that I watched all of the episodes that were shown even though I thought it was an awful show.  My main reason for watching was because I like Scott Cohen even though I didn't like his character in this show.  Well, I have seen him in several things where I haven't like his character, but his acting was good in them and I do watch some of them whenever they are on.  The laugh track was bad, but then there is one in most if not all half hour comedies, even Friends which was great even with it.  I usually like Parker Posey but then, like Scott C., not in this.  I just think it was a bad show all together.  I don't think that even Lauren Graham, as great as she is, could have made this a good show. 

Everyone keeps saying that AS-P is such an amazing writer and I will admit that a lot of Gilmore Girls success was because of her AND the other writers but, I feel that the greater part of the success of the show was the amazing actors who were cast to play the parts. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: