GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 11:15:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Gives Lauren Graham Her Due - 09.18.07  (Read 31859 times)
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:18:51 am »

Emmy shmemmy! Our favorite Gilmore Girl has just scored a seven-figure development deal with the Peacock, Variety reports. "After having spent so many years representing the frog on the WB," the actress says, "I am especially comforted to be part of the only other network with an animal mascot." More importantly, it's now only a matter of time until the golden Girl is back on the tube in a new series! Yay squared!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Nbc-Gives-Lauren/800022468

I am so happy for her! Looking forward to seeing her in a new series, even though it means GG is really over (still holding out hope for a movie  Smiley )

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:38:29 am »

That'd be sweet!

An excuse to watch another program on TV besides the sports I watch all the time!

Lauren Graham Lands at NBC

'Gilmore' girl signs rich deal with network

September 18, 2007

Lauren Graham may not be on TV this season, but that could very well change come fall 2008.

The "Gilmore Girls" star has signed a hefty development deal with NBC. The one-year agreement, which is reportedly worth seven figures, calls for the network and its sibling studio, Universal Media Studios, to develop a series project for her.

"Lauren Graham is a fantastic actress and brilliant comedic voice," NBC co-chairman Ben Silverman says. "She's so respected in the industry and is a huge get for us. She's sure to be one of our next big NBC stars, and we couldn't be more thrilled to be working with her."

Graham, for her part, says she's "thrilled and flattered" to be working at the Peacock.

"I am impressed by Ben Silverman's taste and vision for the network, and grateful to have had [NBC casting chief] Marc Hirschfeld's support over the years," Graham says. "Also, after having spent so many years representing the frog on The WB, I am especially comforted to be part of the only other network with an animal mascot."

Prior to "Gilmore Girls," Graham spent time on a number of NBC shows. She starred in a pair of short-lived comedies, "Conrad Bloom" and "M.Y.O.B.," at the network and guested on "NewsRadio," "Seinfeld," "Caroline in the City" and "Law & Order."

She's best known, of course, for playing single mom Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls," which earned her a Golden Globe nomination and two Screen Actors Guild award nods during a seven-year run that ended in May. Her movie credits include this summer's "Evan Almighty" and "Bad Santa."

Credit: Zap2it.com
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:42:47 am by conradv » Logged

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:20:14 pm »

I thought she wanted to to move away from doing TV?  Isn't that one of the many reasons she decided to step away from 'Gilmore Girls' so that she could work on her film career?

And I do remember her on 'News Radio.' I totally forgot she was on there.

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 02:45:27 pm »

There's a bunch more Here
Here
And Here
It's so rad, I'm so excited that she's doing something else so soon!! That's ace!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 03:04:26 pm »

I think this is awesome news. I assume Lauren can continue with a movie career as roles come up. I think one reality is that there are not many movie roles out there. This is true even for bigger stars. Only so many movies come out of Hollywood each year. And perhaps she is weary of playing supporting roles as the loyal wife or whatever. The fact that NBC is paying her "seven figures" shows they are serious about working with her and finding something special. So i will have one new show to watch in the fall of 2008. Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 03:19:41 pm »

I think this is awesome news. I assume Lauren can continue with a movie career as roles come up. I think one reality is that there are not many movie roles out there. This is true even for bigger stars. Only so many movies come out of Hollywood each year. And perhaps she is weary of playing supporting roles as the loyal wife or whatever. The fact that NBC is paying her "seven figures" shows they are serious about working with her and finding something special. So i will have one new show to watch in the fall of 2008. Smiley

It's also been mentioned that her agent is going to be a producer in whatever comes up, so she'll at least have that input.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
kellygoo72
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

Its me... Kelly C!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:06:19 pm »

I just read the news about Lauren... Cant wait to see what she ahs next on deck for us.  I have been a fan of hers since Caroline In the City... I wish her the very best. Smiley

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 11:08:53 pm »

I think there is a collective sigh of relief throughout Lauren fans that we may not have to wait forever to see her on screen on a regular basis after all.  I did wonder whether this deal might be one she entered into with the view of flexing her behind the scenes muscles a little.  But upon reading the 7 figure deal part, I'm pretty sure that NBC is banking on having her in front of the camera to cash in on her very loyal fanbase that will undoubtedly tune into whatever she takes on.

YAY for her and for us!! Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 07:04:24 am »

My guess is that NBC is hoping that Lauren's star power will go way beyond her current fan base. As i think about it, it is really no surprise that she was offered a deal like this. She is a remarkable actress, able to to comedy, drama and romance, she has already proven how magnetic she can be as the star of a television show, and she has production experience (from GG's season 7) to offer her own creative input. If they all bump their heads together properly, they can potentially come up with a big hit and Lauren's fame can reach an entirely new level... Everybody Wins!  Wink

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:34:19 am »

I just love how she acknowledged the WB's power but not the CW's  Wink No mention of that network anywhere so to me it's a way of sticking it to them. Well, that's what happens when you pass over such a beatuiful and talented actress like Lauren Graham as if she was worth nothing. A bigger and better network comes in.  Tongue I just hope whatever deal she gets next fall, it will be a show that will last. It has to have GREAT writers, creativity and something that lets Lauren's skill shine.  Grin

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 08:06:49 pm »

Lauren Graham inks NBC deal
'Gilmore Girl' signs massive seven-figure deal

By JOSEF ADALIAN

In one of the year's richest TV talent pacts, NBC has inked former "Gilmore Girls" star Lauren Graham to a seven-figure development deal.

The Peacock will develop a series project around Graham, who had been in demand at several nets and studios in part because of her perceived ability to topline either a comedy or drama project. Net is already eyeing several writers to pair with Graham.

Deal reps one of new NBC boss Ben Silverman's first major actor signings since he came to the net in June. It also marks a reunion between Graham and NBC casting exec VP Marc Hirschfeld, who worked together a decade ago.

"I cast Lauren on 'NewsRadio,' '3rd Rock From the Sun' and 'Seinfeld' early on in her career," Hirschfeld said. "I've been pursuing her aggressively for the past several years after her outstanding work on 'Gilmore Girls.' "

Silverman, meanwhile, cited Graham's comic voice as a reason for pursuing the the thesp. "She's so respected in the industry and is a huge get for us," he said.

Graham said she was attracted to NBC because of Silverman's vision for the network.

"Also, after having spent so many years representing the frog on the WB, I am especially comforted to be part of the only other network with an animal mascot," she added.

Thesp played mom Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls" from 2000 until this year and served as a producer on the WB/CW skein. On the feature front, she'll soon appear in the Greg Kinnear starrer "Flash of Genius" and star with Matthew Perry in "Laws of Motion." Her past feature credits include this summer's "Evan Almighty" as well as "Bad Santa" and "Because I Said So."

As part of the NBC deal, manager John Carrabino will serve as a producer on any series developed for Graham.

Thesp is also repped by ICM.

During her tenure on "Gilmore," Graham launched a Warner Bros.-based production shingle, Good Game Prods. One project developed under the banner, the online dating show "Boxers or Briefs," is in the works at WB's Studio 2.0.

I'm so happy for Lauren! I'm sure that whatever she does, it will be quality work and that is something that I always feel confident about with regards to her work. I look forward to more details about her newest adventure. She's got to be one of the most amazing women that I know! I am sure that she'll work movies into her schedule and have no doubt that her fan base will only increase! As Caryn say, "yay for her and us!" Way to go Lauren!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 02:32:50 pm »

This is such exciting news.  My only question is how common is something like this done?  I thought normally ideas are pitched and written and THEN they pick actors.  Is hiring an actor for a deal to come and in the works common?  I'm a novice at Hollywood's comings and goings, so I'm curious.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 04:19:11 pm »

It's relatively common. Especially in movies moreso than TV, but it does happen.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »

Oh my goodness.
WOW.
Well good luck to her.
Its not gonna be the same without Alexis by her side.

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 05:31:39 pm »

Lauren is an amazing talent and I am so happy that she is being wooed and appreciated at this point in her career -- she has earned all the respect that is given to her.  Personally, I am so incredibly happy.  As the new fall season is swinging into gear, I have been feeling a great sense of loss - such as I'm at a party and all of my friends are absent.   Sad  Of course, that feeling is from missing GG this year and specifically Lauren.  I truly feel a hole where her bright presence usually is.  By this point she's usually given some interviews for the beginning of the season and some pics have been released.  How completely wonderful that it looks like she will be back on a regular basisi!  It makes my heart sing!  Hearts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: