GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 09:51:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 439287 times)
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2008, 09:56:37 pm »

I know! I checked out abc go, and they totally ripped off our viewing party.

*edit-cough, I mean, they've been inspired by our local geniuses.

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 29, 2008, 10:01:26 am »

I just wanted to come by and say a huge thank you to Shell† Kiss and all the VP participants for keeping things rolling along nicely in my absence.
You are more than welcome, sweets.† †Kiss† As you know, we are all here for you.† Hearts

The Viewing Party - Season 3 Episode 5
Eight O'Clock at the Oasis
Official viewing time: Tuesday, July 29th, 2008
(8pm Org time, or the equivalent in your US time zone.† Internationals please view it at your earliest convenience)

Summary: Lorelai attends Emily's society auction where she meets a very handsome man but neglects to get his number, forcing her to ask her mother for it; after a disastrous first date, Lorelai turns down an invitation to another, not realizing that Emily and Richard have a lot invested in her dating this son of their friends; after Lorelai and Rory agree to water their new neighbor's lawn while he's out of town, Jess comes to Rory's rescue when the lawn's sprinker system malfunctions.†

After watching this episode, you'll surely begin plotting on how to make a tiki bar a reality in your house too.† Also, get ready to envy Dwight's game collection that he stole from his ex-wife.† † Wink

As you may well notice this weeks episode post has a wonderful graphic, courtesy of funnybottems.† Thank you Sara for your fantastic effort.† We are now accepting entries for Season 3, Episode 6 - Take the Deviled Eggs.† Watch Lorelai go into meltdown mode at Sherry's baby shower and find out why green is the new pink.

Happy viewing guys and gals and we'll see you in the episode thread.

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 29, 2008, 10:18:30 am »

Star Star Star Calling all graphics makers! Star Star Star
We thought it would be fun to have any interested ORG graphic makers create a visual representation of each week's episode!† Since there are so many episodes, it would be great to see the various talents that our members possess.† So - if you're interested, please participate!† Nod† The more the merrier!

We need a graphic representing "Take the Deviled Eggs" by 8pm ORG time on Sunday, August 3rd.
[/size][/b]

Thank you to Sara, Laura, lessa, and Jim for submitting graphics for "Eight O' Clock at the Oasis"!!!† Your entries are fantastic and we sincerely thank you for your hard work.† In fact, we enjoyed them so much we would like to share them with everyone!† There is so much talent on the ORG.† We hope everyone continues to make wonderful graphics for each episode as it comes up!!!† Here are the entries:

funnybottems

the girls4ever

lessa

bingbong

lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:58 am »

Oh wow, I really need to learn how to do those psychedelic fuzzy fade effects!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 29, 2008, 03:02:21 pm »

Lessa AWESOME!!! You made and submitted a grand graphic!! I love it! I like the frame that you used too. Way to go! See, it's fun, right?

Great entries this week! I was so hoping there would be quite a few this week! YES! Great work, to everyone. I love seeing the scenes or quotes or exchanges that stand out for people in an episode. Excellent work!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 29, 2008, 06:09:25 pm »

Hee, thanks so much, Sooks, but I've contributed a few already. Remember, Lorelai and the newspaper veil? XD Man, I wish my sister were into this, she's in art school for animation. I guess it's just as well, though, we tend to get a bit competitive.

The banners are great, as always, and I love condensing a 1000 word opinion into a neat graphic. Long live the revisiting!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 29, 2008, 08:45:41 pm »

Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry, I must have totally missed that one with the news paper veil! I just remember you saying that you weren't thinking you'd post anything graphic wise for awhile. I was excited when I saw this week's! Grin A *pretty stick* for my mistake, I feel bad, and for the wonderful graphic!!!

The banners are great, as always, and I love condensing a 1000 word opinion into a neat graphic. Long live the revisiting!
That's so true! That made me smile! Grin

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:12 pm »

Now, if we could just proselytize laurla...

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2008, 09:00:16 pm »

Yes, yes...it was laurla that was the one who was thinking about starting to work on graphics...but not promising anything anytime soon. Now I remember...

This rusty memory needs to clear up sometimes. Tongue

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 01, 2008, 06:18:46 pm »

Just reposting this message from over in the birthday thread as I really want one of our major viewing party participants to know that he wasn't forgotten about completely† Embarrassed.† Sorry Jim.  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Post from Birthday Thread:

D'oh, phooey, drats and double drats
[/b][/size]

I noticed it approaching, made a note to not forget about it and then didn't make it here in time.† Now I feel crappy.

Happy Belated Birthday Jim.† I hope your day was a special one filled with lots of love and laughter.† And in honour of your special day I want to take the time to say thank you for being such a great member of the ORG.† Your discussions on various topics all over he boards are so much fun to read and get involved in and for that I am thankful we are blessed with you, our very own Gilmore Guy.

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2008, 09:08:55 pm »

Here! Here! I can't believe I didn't know about your birthday, Jim! Forgive me, for this is not the birthday thread...but I just noticed Caryn's greeting to you! I echo everything she so very nicely said! You are a valued member of the ORG but more than that, you're a wonderful person who inspires me! You've been wonderful and a joy to get to know! I'm glad that you're still here and look forward to many more exchanges with you! I hope your birthday was a wonderful celebration of a live well lived so far! And here's to many, many, more!! Celebrate Now, I need to go figure out where the birthdays are listed so I can keep better track of these important things without relying on seeing it posted by someone else first! I'm embarrassed to say. Sad Anyhoo...here to YOU!!!! Hope your birthday weekend is filled with fun and laughter! You deserve the very best!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2008, 09:03:35 am »

I replied on the b'day thread, but thanks again for your generous words. Caryn, i appreciate your use of the Homer Simpson "D'oh!" I hope all is well during these difficult times for you. Mel, i inspire you? You are an inspiration, always so positive and insightful. As with many others, i'd love to read your thoughts more often on the episode threads. Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2008, 11:47:08 am »

This is one of the many many reasons why, no matter how long Iím absent from the org, I will always return.† I had to look that one up, thank you for expanding my vocab lessa Cheesy

Iím looking forward to re-joining the revisiting party.† And Iíll be getting on those graphics here sometime soon.† Hopefully† Grin
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2008, 12:36:30 pm »

Of course, Jim, you inspire me!! And I only wish I could add to the discussion threads for the episodes as well as you and lessa and many others do! Grin I hope you had a wonderful birthday and look forward to seeing you around for a long time to come! You're a great guy and even more awesome...a Gilmore Guy!! Cheers!

Hey everyone!
I know that there are bunch of different things going on at the ORG right now, but I wanted to remind people of the upcoming ORG REUNION!
Please feel free to 'wear' this sig as a reminder to those visiting.
Don't forget to be here sometime during August 22nd - 24th, 2008 - more details coming from Heidi soon!!
Come celebrate with ORG members past and present - all that is Gilmore Girls! Celebrate

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 02, 2008, 06:41:53 pm »

Heh, yeah, laurl, doesn't it sound like some kind of extraordinary rendition? XD

Yo, happy birthday, bing, loads of happy returns. Hope the loot was good. ^_^

I've had my head down for a few days catching up on every episode of Showtime's Weeds. I swear, it could be an alternate reality Gilmore Girls. Of course, I've been thinking that about everything I've watched since last Summer.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: