GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 23, 2021, 04:46:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 387189 times)
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 166

Life is short so talk fast!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2007, 06:53:25 pm »

This is an awsome idea!! I will definitely participate!!

Do we watch 1 or 2 episodes a week?

Katy, those games are fantastic! Great job! Smiley

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

Sookie: "What† happens if you eat 13 blueberries? Would you die?"
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2007, 12:18:43 am »

This is an awsome idea!! I will definitely participate!!

Do we watch 1 or 2 episodes a week?

Katy, those games are fantastic! Great job! Smiley
Only one every tuesday night at 8 PM.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2007, 08:32:02 am »

Only one every tuesday night at 8 PM.
Ok, thanks. Smiley

Lorelai: "Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home."

The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2007, 11:39:15 am »

I'm definitely participating in this! Though I may have alter the schedule for my own purposes, since I work Tuesday evenings, and Anyways I always watched it at ten because that's when Global Toronto played it. But anyways, I'm DEFINITELY doihng this, and I can't wait for August 21 now!!!

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
*Gilmore Girl*
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2007, 02:10:36 pm »

This is such a cool idea!

I have my own little remembrance of GG...I drink at least one cup of coffee everyday in my black GG mug..It has: Lorelai - "Luke, please, please, please..." on it.. *sigh* oh the memories!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2007, 08:08:27 pm »

Just a word to remind people to check the main page of the thread for details and schedule of viewing for the next couple of weeks. Next week, August 21st is the first episode of the viewing party! Don't forget!! Celebrate

What 'traditions' or special things do/ did you do each week when watching Gilmore Girls on Tuesday nights? Perhaps you can resume doing those same things once again, I plan to!

Most often, I would order Chinese food for the episode, or drink a nice hot cup of coffee (or diet coke depending on my mood). Sometimes, I would just curl up on the couch with a blanket in my PJ's and watch the new episode. I would always reserve Tuesday night if at all possible...it's weird having Tuesday nights free kind of.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 08:10:54 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »

The Viewing Party - Season 1 Episode 1† The Pilot
Official viewing time: Tuesday, August 21st 2007
 (8pm Org time, or the equivalent in your US time zone.† Internationals please view it at your earliest convenience)
Summary:The storybook Connecticut town of Stars Hollow is home to 32-year-old Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her 16-year-old daughter Rory (Alexis Bledel). Rory and her best friend Lane Kim (Keiko Agena) are straight 'A' students at the local public high school, but when Rory is accepted into the prestigious Chilton Prep in nearby Hartford, the steep tuition forces Lorelai to try to mend the long-standing rift with her wealthy parents Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) and ask for financial help.

The time has come for us to re-live the fun all over again.† So grab you snacks, insert your dvd and join in with the GilmoreGirls.Org Viewing Party as we enter the world of Stars Hollow and delight in the lives of those zany Gilmore Girls all over again.† Then when you have finished, head on over to the Pilot episode thread here to share your thoughts with the rest of the Org gang.†

As you may well notice this weeks episode post has a wonderful graphic, courtesy of funnybottems.† Congratulations on being our inaugural winner and thank you for such a great entry.† In fact thank you to all those who entered.† It was a tough decision and a very close race.† My inbox is now open for Season 1 Episode 2 entries.† I can't wait to see them.

Also if you are interested in a little bit of extra fun MissV327 has come up with an episode activity sheet for you to participate in.† You can find it here.

Happy viewing guys and gals and we'll see you in the episode thread.

Edit:† Just for your reference, I will make this episode post each week and place a copy of it at the top of the first post also.† That way if you have been absent you can just view our status there, rather than searching throughout the thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 08:39:52 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2007, 09:37:11 pm »

Star Star Star Calling all graphics makers! Star Star Star
We thought it would be fun to have any interested ORG graphic makers create a visual representation of each week's episode!† Since there are so many episodes, it would be great to see the various talents that our members possess.† So - if you're interested, please participate!† Nod† The more the merrier!† Unfortunately, we won't be able to use everyone's graphics each week but there is a new chance to enter with each episode!† So please take heart and keep submitting those amazing graphics.

We need a graphic representing "The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton" by midnight ORG time on August 26th.
[/size][/b]

Thank you to all who have submitted graphics for the "Pilot"!!!† All of the entries are fantastic and we sincerely thank you for your hard work.† In fact, we enjoyed them so much we would like to share them with everyone!† There is so much talent on the ORG.† We hope everyone continues to make wonderful graphics for each episode as it comes up!!!† Here are the entries:

GilmoreAddict7899

Rory1984

MasBYUgal

Mike_54

Lucie - Entry 1

Lucie - Entry 2

Lucie - Entry 3

funnybottems

Thank you so much again!† Great work!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:39:32 pm by wmushell » Logged

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2007, 10:02:04 pm »

Wow such beautiful graphics that everyone submitted.  Great work!  Viewing them is getting me pumped to watch the pilot.   I cannot wait until tomorrow evening to sit down with my bowl of popcorn and enjoy the pilot episode.  The exciting thing about the viewing party is that I have not watched season 1 in a long time so it really does feel like I will be watching a brand new episode  Smiley !!  Cannot wait to see everyone in the pilot discussion and read some great thoughts and opinions.  Ya for the ORG and this awesome idea!   Smiley

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
willem
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2007, 10:20:45 pm »

guess what is on tonight here in Holland.......the last episode of GG. I'm already nervous. This is totally not me, like being on your first date or something.
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »

have fun watching it! You most likely will cry. At least you will know how it ends!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2007, 05:17:55 pm »

Well the big day has arrived...and if you live in the Eastern time zone of the US it is your viewing time right now.

Because I have some child free time right now, I'm going to view the Pilot now and then head on over to the episode discussion thread to share my thoughts. 

Don't foret to come along and join in.  View the Pilot episode on your dvd whenever you can this week and then come and tell us all about it.  Of course if you don't have the dvd's there  have been some wonderful suggestions made throughout this thread about ways to participate.  Just go from memory, read online scripts or even look for online clips. 

Okay I'm off now to meet those crazy Gilmore girls and see if Rory gets into Chilton Cheesy

Ciao

Please read Forum Rules
willem
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2007, 11:37:30 pm »

It was awesome, i cried, laughed. So sweet of Richard that he said (in his own words) that he is proud of Lorelai. And Luke, for all that he had done for the bon voyage party. And that he gave the necklace after all, both had that sweet smile on their faces. Cheesy
I heard that in Belgium they're in season 6, that is kinda cool so now i can videotape (ow yeah...old school vcr rule) season 7
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2007, 05:38:38 am »

Hey everyone. I've finished the worksheet for episode #2. WOO HOO! I won't be able to post it until tomorrow though. I just wanted to give you guys an update.  Smiley

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2007, 12:50:35 pm »

Gilmore Girls 1-2
1.   What CD does Lane mention in the opening scene?
2.   What time does Lorelai wake up?
3.   When they are in the car, Lorelai says she is good at _______ .
4.   What is the name of the man that hits on Lorelai at Chilton?
5.   What is the name of Chiltonís headmaster?
6.   Who does Rory say she wants to be like?
7.   What can Rory do to get extra credit at school?
8.   What does Luke recommend to Lorelai in place of coffee?
9.   What size coat does Rory wear?
10.   What is the name of Chiltonís school paper?
11.   What does Tristan call Rory?
12.    What is the population of Stars Hollow?
13.   What book does Miss Patty mention as Lorelai passes her studio?
14.    Where is the spare key to the Gilmore house kept?
15.    What does the sign above Lukeís Diner read?

Espresso Brownies
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 (19.8-ounce) box brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Whisk 1/3 cup of water, oil, eggs, and 2 tablespoons espresso powder in a large bowl to blend. Add the brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely.

Meanwhile, dissolve the remaining 2 teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth. Pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until the glaze is set. Cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the brownies on a platter and serve.

Gilmore Girls 1-2 Word Search
BABETTE, FIRSTDAY, FURRY, GARGOYLES, HARTFORD, JACKSON, JOURNALISM, LOBSTERPUFFS, MICHEL, PARISGELLAR, PEACHES, PINKSHIRT, TRISTANDOUGRAY, TURTLE, YELLOWBACKPACK

U Y O A U U T C X Q Y P E A C H E S Q P E J F L Y
O I A J N V O Q E A X H A K D L E L I B Y B Z C V
S K Z D G T J S Z M H I O R S D S N X P B K W U I
I I C P T F O N C B N T G P I I K I T M P W E F U
R Y L M L S U I P O F N B I N S Z K B B H F X C T
L O B S T E R P U F F S T L H Y G S P T B J L A V
I V K M J Y N I O W R U X I J A S E L Y O G R A G
S Y C Z H A A O F U R R R K R R O D L W O S M O M
D V W Y X H L J X T S T C C P G T W P L J R M U W
C Y X O I N I F L N X A O H E U N I J X A S V N Y
H P G Q K W S E B N P G D C G O V H C X B R O L L
T C U A L B M Z L K L R Q M P D K Z Y B X S B I L
L U H M D U S Z C B H N S M G N G B E J K L V U T
T U O I W P D A C V H P P D E A N E L C I L R M C
T G P C H N B U H L Z G W D R T D U A A H N U R T
G N W H E W Y R R U F F K E K S Z J D S S X U V Z
J P X E O L G O Q T Z N J S V I D L R E T T S I Q
Z J I L V B I E W Q X P I M W R L A O B N S R R C
U G L C S M A W L I W E I Z U T N Y F B D H K N J
T E W Z S U W B U Y Q C D D O A M T T U H D W S Y
Y X P M D L A J E A I D C W U A W M R M N U U P X
O X F X Q X S Y D T R U T N E N C F A N P Q L D X
N S A L N A N J C O T B F H Y M S Y H A H H I Q I
M V F T B Y R A O R S E J J Y F M O G Y H G A O G
H L T O B I S Y L U V M H B S T X C H G X U I Z I

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: