GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 23, 2021, 04:51:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 387192 times)
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2007, 02:36:45 pm »

Hey peeps! I'm going to finish up the worksheet for episode 3 and then post it sometime on Monday or possible Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to my mom's for Labor Day weekend so I'll be spending time with family and I won't be on the computer much....

Until next time!

Grin

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »

The Viewing Party - Season 1 Episode 3   Kill Me Now
Official viewing time: Tuesday, September 4th 2007
 (8pm Org time, or the equivalent in your US time zone.  Internationals please view it at your earliest convenience)
Summary: Emily (Kelly Bishop) badgers Richard (Edward Herrmann) into taking Rory (Alexis Bledel) to their country club for golf lessons after the grandparents learn Rory's required to join a school sports team. Meanwhile, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) oversees the double wedding of a set of spoiled twin brides.

The time has come for us to re-live the fun all over again.  So grab you snacks, insert your dvd and join in with the GilmoreGirls.Org Viewing Party as we enter the world of Stars Hollow and delight in the lives of those zany Gilmore Girls all over again.  Then when you have finished, head on over to the Kill Me Now episode thread here to share your thoughts with the rest of the Org gang. 

As you may well notice this weeks episode post has a wonderful graphic, courtesy of the girls4ever.  Congratulations on being our weekly winner and thank you for such a great entry.  Again thank you to all those who entered.  My inbox is now open for Season 1 Episode 4 entries.  I can't wait to see them.

Happy viewing guys and gals and we'll see you in the episode thread.

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2007, 10:06:08 pm »

You know it's funny, every episode preview that I've read so far, I think..."That's one of my favorite episodes!" and then I think..."I really need to chill out on my favorite episodes because they will all be my favorite episode!" Tongue I think I just get so excited! And really, there aren't many episodes that I didn't enjoy thoroughly! Grin See you all in Tuesday for the viewing of episode 3 of the first season!! Can't wait!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2007, 02:18:53 pm »

Star Star Star Calling all graphics makers! Star Star Star
We thought it would be fun to have any interested ORG graphic makers create a visual representation of each week's episode!  Since there are so many episodes, it would be great to see the various talents that our members possess.  So - if you're interested, please participate!  Nod  The more the merrier!  Unfortunately, we won't be able to use everyone's graphics each week but there is a new chance to enter with each episode!  So please take heart and keep submitting those amazing graphics.

We need a graphic representing "The Deer-Hunters" by 8pm ORG time on September 9th.
[/size][/b]

Thank you to all who have submitted graphics for "Kill Me Now"!!!  All of the entries are fantastic and we sincerely thank you for your hard work.  In fact, we enjoyed them so much we would like to share them with everyone!  There is so much talent on the ORG.  We hope everyone continues to make wonderful graphics for each episode as it comes up!!!  Here are the entries:

the girls4ever

GilmoreAddict7899

Lucie

nodaybuttuesday
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 42

you're breaking my little lit heart... *Ingrid*

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2007, 04:54:57 pm »

This is such a great idea!!!  love you guys!!!

And what-do-you-know i'm starting college in a few weeks as a graphic design major! 

gg.org= Hearts

Literati for life~'I can't help it- I'm addicted'~Java Junkies
Hi Rory! What are you doing? What are you wearing? What are you thinking? What about now? Do you miss me? Do you think I'm pretty? Where do babies come from?
MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2007, 08:57:17 am »

Just a reminder - I plan on posting the worksheet for episode 3 before 5 pm today!  Smiley

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2007, 12:23:44 pm »

Gilmore Girls 1-3

1.   What is the name of the Gilmores’ maid?
2.   What athletic team does Lorelai suggest Rory join at school?
3.   What kind of pin is Emily wearing at Friday night dinner?
4.   What would Lorelai rather do than go to the club?
5.   How does Michel distinguish the twin grooms at the inn?
6.   Why does Michel hate swans?
7.   Where does Rory want to travel in the world?
8.   Miss Patty says let your ______ be your choreographer.
9.   What does Babette ask to borrow?
10.   Wht does Rory thank Lorelai for at the end of the episode?

BLUEBERRIES, COUNTRYCLUB, FEZ, FUNKYHAT, GOLF, JEALOUSY, MAIDS, PURPLE, STEAM, STRAWBERRIES, SWANS, SWEATERS, TWINS, VEGETABLEOIL, WEDDING

S S M D K O F F R Q S M D B F S Q G W P
Q E W H U V H O P E V I J O H Y T I J X
L V I E K J K V I R D Y E A C Y R I V D
G Q D R A C D R W E A W A B N N F D O B
Z Q R D R T R W O A M A L K A Z G Q U T
B F Q W A E E T Y F G N O J C P B O Z C
E F F E B D B R B T N V U J H T U W N F
F E T E D I Q W S T V V S W A F L C B P
D X U I U F Z K A Z E P Y S G V C Z O N
T L N E L P R U P R Y K X N I Y Y J O D
B G V I J A G N N E T Q Q I O G R E F O
I A O Y D Y S O C R V S D W S Q T Z X Z
F L K C E V Q D L R Y A P T C W N C C T
F U N K Y H A T I F W F I D Z K U K F W
M G O L F S L H J A O E F B E B O C N R
H Q T X B A P R D A M Z I J H X C T E M
D U C K V A V D C B D C U X Y C E Z A L
U Y O F Y L I O E L B A T E G E V E F Z
S M Z Q C R I A Z A P M U F M S T T U T
B Q V E G W Z Q V W S W A N S S G J D P

Double Chocolate Buzz Buzz Cookies
Recipe courtesy Maggie Schooner

8 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (recommended: Valhrona or Hershey's)
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 11 by 16-inch baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate chunks with the butter. Set aside the mixture to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cocoa. Whisk in the espresso powder and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the chocolate mixture, sugars, egg and vanilla at medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour in thirds. Turn off the mixer and fold in the remaining 4 ounces chocolate chunks.
Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, form the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies have spread into disks and the tops are crackled. They will still be soft. Set the baking sheet on a cooling rack and let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes. Remove with a spatula to a cooling rack to let cool completely.

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2007, 05:22:09 pm »

Hey guys

Well sadly I cannot stick around for some viewing and discussion right now as I have a meeting to get to (it's Wednesday morning here in Australia), and by the time I get back I think it's going to be getting into the middle of the night for most of you guys.  But I would love to come back to read some great discussion in the Kill Me Now ep thread.

Happy viewing and I'll catch you all on the flip side.

Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2007, 09:54:29 pm »

Katy,

Do we find out the answers to the trivia questions that you post? I just love the worksheets that you provide each episode! Thanks for all the hard work and fun!

~Mel

Caryn - Hope that your Wednesday is going well and that you find time to come back to discuss this week's episode at some point! Dare I say, it's one of my favorites?! Wink ha! (kidding!) I honestly, didn't get time to watch this week's episode at the scheduled time but hope to get over to the thread for discussion sometime within the next day or too, myself! Looking forward to seeing you around!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2007, 05:39:38 am »

Well tonight I plan on watching episode 4 so I can get a head start on the trivia for worksheet 4. If anyone wants to submit a recipe for it, please PM me.  Smiley

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:25 pm »

this sounds awesome!
i missed the first one but i'll make sure to get the second one!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2007, 06:41:18 pm »

I am depressed. I never have Tuesday nigts off. I am just gonna start watching an epi, in order, when ever I have a day off. I will keep up w/ you guys but I never know when I am going to be off until Sunday nights. Ah, it's sad. I was excited about this.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2007, 07:32:28 pm »

I am depressed. I never have Tuesday nigts off. I am just gonna start watching an epi, in order, when ever I have a day off. I will keep up w/ you guys but I never know when I am going to be off until Sunday nights. Ah, it's sad. I was excited about this. \

Even if you can't watch the episodes on Tuesday - feel free to discuss the episode whenever you have the time! Each week it's just nice to know that Gilmore Girls is not forgotten and that people are being entertained all over again!!! Smiley I'll be watching for your contributions to the discussion threads, now!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 01:59:45 pm »

Yay! I feel loved. LOL. I do not have tomorrow off but I am going to watch tonight and catch up. I will discuss in the short time that I have between work and bed tomorrow night!! Thanks for being so awesome and coming up with this idea!!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 03:21:49 pm »

The Viewing Party - Season 1 Episode 4 
The Deer Hunters
Official viewing time: Tuesday, September 11th 2007
 (8pm Org time, or the equivalent in your US time zone.  Internationals please view it at your earliest convenience)
Summary: Still struggling to catch up at Chilton, Rory (Alexis Bledel) receives the first "D" of her life on an English assignment and is so humiliated that she plunges into obsessive studying, with Lorelai's (Lauren Graham) help, for her upcoming Shakespeare exam. When Rory's surreal encounter with a deer causes her to miss the exam, she has an uncharacteristic outburst, leading to a parent-teacher conference where Lorelai has her own outburst, but manages to begin a serious flirtation with Rory's handsome teacher, Max Medina (Scott Cohen).

A new week is upon us and we all know what that means.  Time to grab your snacks, insert your dvd and join in with the GilmoreGirls.Org Viewing Party as we enter the world of Stars Hollow and delight in the lives of those zany Gilmore Girls all over again.  Then when you have finished, head on over to The Deer Hunters episode thread here to share your thoughts with the rest of the Org gang. 

As you may well notice this weeks episode post has a wonderful graphic, courtesy of thelostgilmoregirl.  Congratulations on being our weekly winner and thank you for such a great entry.  Again thank you to all those who entered.  My inbox is now open for Season 1 Episode 5 - Cinnamon's Wake entries.  It's a classic episode filled with many great moments, so I can't wait to see them.

Happy viewing guys and gals and we'll see you in the episode thread.

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: