GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 23, 2021, 05:52:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 387204 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2007, 04:38:59 pm »

Thanks for that Katy - those puzzle sheets are fun.

This is just a reminder that each week we require new graphic entries for the upcoming episode.  If you are graphically inclined and would like to take part in this challenge, head to the first post for details.

Discussion in the Pilot episode thread has been fun.  Thank you to all those participating.

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2007, 07:26:08 pm »

I would love to do this but I couldn't miss Tuesday's "It's like Riding a Bike" episode and I definately can't miss next Tuesday Night's "Lorelai?Lorelai" episode. Kiss But the following week I'll go along with this.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »

I would love to do this but I couldn't miss Tuesday's "It's like Riding a Bike" episode and I definately can't miss next Tuesday Night's "Lorelai?Lorelai" episode. Kiss But the following week I'll go along with this.

You can just view it at any other stage in the current week that suits you and then head over to the discussion thread.  We've only included the Tuesday night timeslot for those feeling the void left by Gilmore Girls absence.  But in my case, I'm viewing it Wednesday lunchtime as I'm in Australia and that is about 8pm Eastern US time.  It's really just a guide.  At the end of the day, it's basically a way for us all to have a chance at re-living the old epsiodes at around the same time and then a further chance to discuss it, as a lot of us weren't around back then.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:16:47 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:55 am »

I wanted to quickly post about what  a great idea this is/was.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but I have really enjoyed the discussion about the pilot so far and I really look forward to following it, as well as the episodes to come.  I really had only commented a few episodes during original air time, partially because of time and partially b/c of not wanting to get spoiled from others not understanding org policies.  It is really fun evaluating the episodes knowing what happens - it sure is a different and creative angle.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2007, 02:43:33 pm »

Katy that was an outstanding worksheet that you've come up with my friend! Excellent work! *pretty stick* I must at least attempt to answer the questions as I want to find out how well I do on that part! Smiley Great work!

A beautiful graphic that you've done funnybottoms!! Your talent is amazing and your art is beaitiful! Thank you so much for participating this week! I hope that you're having fun on another graphic to share! *pretty stick* for you for a job super well done!

I can't wait to see what entries we get this week! I so love getting to see what people have in mind for the episodes graphic! Everyone is so creative and does such a great job with their work! I also love seeing other's take on the episode! It makes me think!

This is a phenomenal idea and I'm so happy that people really seem to be enjoying it! We definitely have something to look forward to on Tuesdays once again! Celebrate

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:21 pm »

I wanted to quickly post about what  a great idea this is/was.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but I have really enjoyed the discussion about the pilot so far and I really look forward to following it, as well as the episodes to come.  I really had only commented a few episodes during original air time, partially because of time and partially b/c of not wanting to get spoiled from others not understanding org policies.  It is really fun evaluating the episodes knowing what happens - it sure is a different and creative angle.

Well, thanks Melissa!  I'm glad you're finding it enjoyable and I'm also loving the discussion in the pilot thread -- including your thoughts!  I thought it was cute when you had to finish what you were saying later due to your new mommy status of the adorable Andrew.  I'm planning on doing a little more posting in there myself soon.

Hee hee - you were skeptical??  Ahhh, whenever the lovely Caryn is involved in any project I have no doubt that it will be a smashing success!  Nod  Kiss  She and I love our projects!   Wink

Mel - I agree -- it has been great seeing people's graphics for these first two epis and I hope to see more!  There is a plethora of talent on this ORG (including you, my friend!).   Kiss

Yay for reliving season 1!!!!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2007, 08:55:19 pm »

The Viewing Party - Season 1 Episode 2 
The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton
Official viewing time: Tuesday, August 28th 2007
 (8pm Org time, or the equivalent in your US time zone.  Internationals please view it at your earliest convenience)
Summary: Rory's (Alexis Bledel) first day at Chilton Prep begins badly when Lorelai (Lauren Graham) oversleeps and accompanies her daughter into the intimidating school wearing a t-shirt, cut-off jeans and cowboy boots, an outfit which draws disapproving stares from the other mothers and from her own mother, Emily (Kelly Bishop).

The time has come for us to re-live the fun all over again.  So grab you snacks, insert your dvd and join in with the GilmoreGirls.Org Viewing Party as we enter the world of Stars Hollow and delight in the lives of those zany Gilmore Girls all over again.  Then when you have finished, head on over to The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton episode thread here to share your thoughts with the rest of the Org gang. 

As you may well notice this weeks episode post has a wonderful graphic, courtesy of Lucie.  Congratulations on being our weekly winner and thank you for such a great entry.  Again thank you to all those who entered.  My inbox is now open for Season 1 Episode 3 entries.  I can't wait to see them.

Also if you are interested in a little bit of extra fun MissV327 has come up with an episode activity sheet for you to participate in.  You can find it here.

Happy viewing guys and gals and we'll see you in the episode thread.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 08:59:34 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2007, 09:25:18 pm »

Star Star Star Calling all graphics makers! Star Star Star
We thought it would be fun to have any interested ORG graphic makers create a visual representation of each week's episode!  Since there are so many episodes, it would be great to see the various talents that our members possess.  So - if you're interested, please participate!  Nod  The more the merrier!  Unfortunately, we won't be able to use everyone's graphics each week but there is a new chance to enter with each episode!  So please take heart and keep submitting those amazing graphics.

We need a graphic representing "Kill Me Now" by 8pm ORG time on September 2nd.
[/size][/b]

Thank you to all who have submitted graphics for "The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton"!!!  All of the entries are fantastic and we sincerely thank you for your hard work.  In fact, we enjoyed them so much we would like to share them with everyone!  There is so much talent on the ORG.  We hope everyone continues to make wonderful graphics for each episode as it comes up!!!  Here are the entries:

Lucie

GilmoreAddict7899 - entry 1

GilmoreAddict7899 - entry 2

GilmoreAddict7899 - entry 3
h

gilmorefriend

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:51:50 pm by wmushell » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 11:43:48 pm »

I had a thought the other day and I decided ro share it here.  For anybody taking part in the viewing party that also completes the questions on Katy's (MissV327) worksheet, what about posting your answers from memory here, before the viewing, to see how well we all really know our episodes.  I think it could be interesting to see how much we actually take in when viewing them.

Just a thought.  Let me know what you think.

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2007, 12:17:36 pm »

Gilmore Girls 1-2
1.   What CD does Lane mention in the opening scene? XTC
2.   What time does Lorelai wake up?7:10
3.   When they are in the car, Lorelai says she is good at _______ . Making up dirty cheers
4.   What is the name of the man that hits on Lorelai at Chilton? Ian Jack
5.   What is the name of Chilton’s headmaster? Hanlon(sp?) Charleston
6.   Who does Rory say she wants to be like? Christine Amanpuer (sp?)
7.   What can Rory do to get extra credit at school? Say the pledge in Latin
8.   What does Luke recommend to Lorelai in place of coffee? Tea
9.   What size coat does Rory wear? 6
10.   What is the name of Chilton’s school paper? The Franklin
11.   What does Tristan call Rory? Mary
12.    What is the population of Stars Hollow? 9979
13.   What book does Miss Patty mention as Lorelai passes her studio? Harry Potter!
14.    Where is the spare key to the Gilmore house kept? Under or in the turtle
15.    What does the sign above Luke’s Diner read? William's Hardware
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:42:22 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2007, 06:51:50 pm »

Well I just finished viewing it and I'm going to go make a post in the discussion thread.  Don't forget to come and add your  Two Cents worth when you are done also.

Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2007, 07:07:55 pm »

"This is the last time I'm buying something just because it's fury!" I wasn't here to view the episode on time but I'm viewing it now! I just wanted to compliment the talent and efforts of all that submitted graphics for this week's episode! Bravo to you all with two thumbs up!

Star Star Don't forget to submit your graphic for next week's episode! Star Star
[/color]

I'm off to put my Two Cents in over at the discussion thread right now...

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2007, 06:12:07 am »

As of now, I currently have zero entries for the graphics competition.  So I guess you guys will be forced to suffer through one of my very lame attempts so that my weekly post doesn't look so bare.

Still a few days to go if you are interested......please Cheesy

Please read Forum Rules
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2007, 07:05:02 am »

As of now, I currently have zero entries for the graphics competition.  So I guess you guys will be forced to suffer through one of my very lame attempts so that my weekly post doesn't look so bare.

I'm going to make mine this weekend!  Cheesy So at least you'll have one  Cheesy ...

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23:33 pm »

I'm going to make mine this weekend!  Cheesy So at least you'll have one  Cheesy ...

Phew!!!! Grin  As Lorelai says so well to Tom in Season 4......."I'm loving you like a two dollar whore."

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: