GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 12, 2021, 07:58:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gilmore Revisiting - The Viewing Party (Bringing Tuesdays Back)  (Read 380081 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 01:09:01 am »

Okay so the Org had a little mini failure and we've lost about the last weeks worth of posts and great ideas.  SO feel free to come and share them again.

For anybody who had sent me entries for the graphics weekly comp in the last week, could you please send them again as all my PM's are gone (from the last week only...not all of them) and therefore so are the links to your wonderful work.  I will be updating the first post with the first weeks viewing stuff this weekend, so if you want your graphic in the running, I'll need it by then.

Thanks again guys for taking an interest remember to remind everybody that we are Bringing Tuesdays Back when our Viewing Party starts next week!!

Please read Forum Rules
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 01:26:35 am »

Hey everyone!
I have an idea! I know some of you will not be willing to do ths, but here it is!
During rory's dance, we should all eat mashed banana on toast! I just ate it! It is a little gross, but a little good! It would be cool to go through eating it with them! It really is not as gross as Emily made it look! Just make sure to have something to drink next to you!
Amber

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:30 am »

Hey everyone. Sorry about the hard drive failure resulting in all the missing posts!  Undecided But just for a recap on the worksheet that I am doing for the premiere episode...I'm pretty much done with the whole thing. I have the puzzle and the recipe. All I have to do now is type up the trivia questions. Plus I have to put everything on one document. But that shouldn't take too long. Also, any suggestions for a screencap I could use? Or should I just use the one at the beginning of this thread?

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Melly721
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:13 am »

I'll definitly participate! Sounds fun! And GilmoreFriend, that mashed banana on toast sounds fun! We should all do it hehe.

"Lorelai: Kirk asked me out.
Rory: Shut up!
Lorelai: Yesterday.
Rory: That's so sweet!
Lorelai: Rory!
Rory: What are you gonna wear? Ooh, you should wear your dress with the ponies on it, I bet he likes ponies!"
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 10:41:47 am »

I almost spit it out, but I didn't. I kind of tastes like toast with banana jam on it!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
xashleyx
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 11:04:52 am »

im totally in! it does sound like fun. and im up for the banana toast thing too!
i also think i found a way for people who dont own all or any seasons to still watch the episode
http://www.gilmorefan.com/media/episodeclips.php<--- there they have episode clips that really make up the whole episode for seasons 2-7 and it says they should have clips for season 1 soon. you have to download the clips but they are small and you can always delete them from your computer when you are done watching them. so i thought that if you dont have the seasons you could do this if you want!

Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:59 am »

This is such a great idea! I can't wait until August 21! I'm in, I'm all in!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 01:56:38 pm by Lucie » Logged

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 04:23:52 pm »

Okay - so here is the worksheet for the premiere episode. I'm sorry it's nothing fancy, but I couldn't figure out how to post my word document on the boards. I also had pictures, but I don't know how to do those either.  Cheesy I guess you can just copy and paste and then print it out for the 21st. Let me know if you have any suggestions! I hope that you at least like it!  Smiley

Gilmore Girls 1-1 * Pilot

1.   Lorelai had ____ number of cups of coffee before going to Luke’s. (the REAL number)
2.   What CD did Lorelai ‘steal’ from Rory?
3.   What book report is Rory working on during her last days at Stars Hollow High?
4.   What does Sookie break at the Independence Inn?
5.   What kind of shirt does Lane put on before going into school?
6.   According to Mrs. Kim, boys don’t like ______.
7.   What movie does Rory quote from when she firsts meets Dean
8.   Lorelai asks Drella to be _____ to the guests.
9.   Why did Sookie have to get stitches on her hand?
10.   What does Rory take from the Independence Inn?
11.   What does Richard hand to Rory when she goes to have dinner with them?
12.    Lorelai only says one word during the Friday night dinner at her parents’ house and that word is: ______.
13.   Miss Patty tells Rory that she has _________, after she mentions she found Dean a job at the market.
14.    According to Lorelai, what do bad girls wear?
15.    At the end of the episode, what does Rory order at Luke’s?

Mocha Ice Cream Cupcakes

Silvana Nardone
From Every Day with Rachael Ray
September 2007

MAKES SIX
Prep Time: 30 min (plus chilling)

One 12-count box sugar ice cream cones

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped

One 3-ounce bar semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings

3 cups coffee ice cream, softened

1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

1. Using a food processor, grind the ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon almonds into each cup.
2. In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt 3 ounces chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the almonds with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add another 2 tablespoons ice cream and the remaining almonds and flatten again. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans, and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
4. Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top the cakes with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Gilmore Girls 1-1 Word Search

CHILTON, COFFEE, DEAN, DINER, HUCKLEBERRYFINN, LANE, LORELAI, LUKE, PLAIDSKIRT, PREMIERE, RELATIONSHIPS, RORY, SCHOOL, SOOKIE, STARSHOLLOW

D U F A D I I H V M X S P Y T W N F A F
D K P H V V W U W T A X A Q I I E D B O
H R E N X R A C C O R K V Q U O B R U T
P S J V A X K K H O I I J F S R E N I D
P C O H Q Q N L M H F J K O R L L J E R
L H B X W M L E O V I F O S A Z Z W K K
N O F Q Z H R B J T J K E T D U I G U Y
U O K B Q Q F E Q B I J I E H I V P L P
J L O F H T L R M E W O G P G A A M Z N
L V E E D B W R Y X N C B M S H Q L P G
I U N D E A N Y M S C H I L T O N P P O
Y A X H G W L F H L M A O U W E Z N J X
L R T U Y D F I W O L L O H S R A T S B
N M O I R D P N O Q G Z Q A P E R N I O
V Z X R R S T N M W U P R P X I R A K L
M X J E T T W N F G D W E Q I M L I V R
J A M W R O V H F T W I X V T E V C J Z
Q M F X A D W I U W T Q G T R R K T R B
Y Y Z F Y C L D H A D X O O M P B O P R
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 04:27:55 pm by MissV327 » Logged

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
~*emily*~
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 07:17:38 pm »

Shocked Wow, Katy, that is so awesome! Nice job!  High Five
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 07:42:59 pm »

Great job on the worksheet!  It will be fun to fill out while watching the episode!!  Pretty stick for you! Smiley

~KRISTIN~
willem
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 04:31:30 am »

Would love to come but since i live miles away i have to take a raincheck on this. Maybe some other people on this forum are willing to organise something simular in Holland!!
MissV327
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 05:42:23 am »

Sorry it isn't anything too fancy. I think the puzzle is my favorite part. Special thanks to Lauren on that one. It saved me a lot of time!  Smiley

The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 06:28:26 am »

typical; my printer has busted, cant print out the worksheet - sucko Sad not that i could do this tuesday anyway Tongue hehe but nice work anyway  Wink should be able to catch up and do the second episode...maybe! lol hehe exciting stuffs eh?

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:28 pm »

This sounds neat im gonna do this on tuesday nights!

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2007, 01:02:48 pm »

Would love to come but since i live miles away i have to take a raincheck on this. Maybe some other people on this forum are willing to organise something simular in Holland!!
It doesn't matter where you live. As long as you can watch the episode or remember it, that's fine!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: