GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 12:34:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: GilmoreGirls.org's "Where You Lead" Contest: Win Carole King CDs!  (Read 37805 times)
Mark Lopa
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2007, 12:29:52 pm »

Whenever the theme song somes on, my twin babies stop what they're doing and stare at the TV. They absolutely love it. When we're in the car and one of them cries, all I have to do is pop in the CD, and they stop crying. The song is very therapeutic!

Live Every Moment and Love Every Day.
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 12:36:15 pm »

I know the contest is over now, but like Michelle, I made a longish post that no long exists, but I did not have time to try to re-do it because I am in college now! haha still a little unbelievable to me.  I will post again, but its not going to be the same (obviously, haha)

yes..as some posts were lost..it will be quite difficult now...

heidi, what will happen?

some posts were lost, but actually the contest should be over
i guess it will just take longer now..right?

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:06 am »

I know the contest is over now, but like Michelle, I made a longish post that no long exists, but I did not have time to try to re-do it because I am in college now! haha still a little unbelievable to me.  I will post again, but its not going to be the same (obviously, haha)

yes..as some posts were lost..it will be quite difficult now...

heidi, what will happen?

some posts were lost, but actually the contest should be over
i guess it will just take longer now..right?

My sincere apologies to the users who entered the contest between August 8th and 15th.  As most of you are aware, all posts during that period were lost due to server malfunction.  As much as it pains me to say it, there's nothing I can do to get those posts back.

To allow users extra time to repost their thoughts and enter the contest, I've extended the contest's deadline until September 8th, 2007.

If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Thank you.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 01:00:00 am »

^^ thanks for clearing that up heidi

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
inn-keeper
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 08:42:00 am »

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for the update !!

Take care,
Gary  Grin
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:53 am »

I haven't posted within this thread yet because it has taken me so long to gather up all the thoughts I wished to share here with regards to the song Where You Lead. I also already have the prize that Heidi is offering to the winners, but wanted to share my thoughts about the song anyway.

I had written about this song and the meaning of what it holds for me and the show Gilmore Girls, shortly after one of the recent interviews from Lauren. I have tried to recapture those sentiments as best I could, for you here.

Star Loving you the way I do
I only wanna be with you
And I would go to the ends of the earth
Cause, darling, to me that's what you're worth

Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead

If you're out on the road
Feeling lonely, and so cold
All you have to do is call my name
And I'll be there on the next train

Where you lead, I will follow
I will follow where you lead

I always wanted a real home with flowers on the window sill
But if you want to live in New York City, honey, you know I will

I never thought I could get satisfaction from just one man
But if anyone can keep me happy, you're the one who can

And where you lead, I will follow
I will follow where you lead (repeat)

I'm gonna follow were you lead (I'm gonna follow were you lead)
I'm gonna follow were you lead (I'm gonna follow were you lead )
I'm gonna follow were you lead
Star

Not only does this song speak of the relationship between no only Lorelai and Rory, but Lorelai and Luke, Rory and Logan, etc. etc. It speaks volumes for the relationships that the characters shared throughout the seven season run. That is the obvious meaning that I catch when I listen to the song, and the first thing I think of.

Most of the time I think of Luke and Lorelai when listening to the song, and their relationship, not just as lovers but as friends as well. I think of how they have both given and taken from each other but in the end, they are both there for each other. Again, the song could be in relation to any of the relationships that were made by the characters of Gilmore Girls. This one just sticks out the most for me, when listening to the song.

Then, it goes deeper from there. Its the way I feel about the Gilmore Girls, the characters, the storyline, the show, the friendships that I've made because of the show, the connections that I've formed out of admiration and appreciation for the show. Every part of the song speaks to each of those things. Especially, the friendships that I've made because of the the shared love for Gilmore Girls.

The show is always there for us, even though the new episodes have ended, the show are still here. We can go back and watch the episodes that we love most, they are there to comfort us, to make us laugh and smile, to remind us of good life lessons. And in turn, the Gilmore Girls are there for us, right when we need them.

I don't mean to sound as though I'm way out of touch with reality. I know that the Gilmore Girls is a show, a fiction piece, that was written as just that, fiction. However, I can't help but go one step further and speak of the characters, the storyline, the town, the lessons, the show as a friend. A friend that I would follow, a friend that I would be there for, a friend that I have leaned on and that has been there for me.

Going back to the song's lyrics...
The show has lead me to places and people and adventures that I would not have otherwise had.
The show has left us with the ability to use our own imaginations to decide where the characters are today.
And I'm choosing to take the lead and follow them into the future! 
And it gives me hope to face the world, that no matter what happens, there will be someone by your side that you can turn to!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
mahoney
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »

The theme song for Gilmore Girls instantly made me think the best times of my life.  Time with my family when I was growing up, time at camp every summer, canoe trips with my family, Christmas, fun with dozens of cousins, and old favorite T.V. shows.

It's amazing that one song can do all that - but this stayed with me for a long time- because I had a very close relationship with my mom.  We were best friends and during the fifth season I lost my mom to a stroke.  So this song now has even a more unique feeling to it now, than before.

I am surprised by the number of things that I know about my mom that my four siblings and even my dad didn't know.
As the years pass I still feel close to her and almost like she and I had fun secrets and special talks that will never be forgotten.

Gilmore Girls was my favorite show - not my mom's - which is kind of funny, because I she would of liked it if she would've stopped watching her favorites.  You have no idea how much this song will always mean to me.  Kari
ggmomnson
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 11:11:23 am »

I was so happy to see this contest for one reason.

Every Tuesday night at 7:58 pm, my 5-year-old son Jacob and I sit together on the couch in anticipation of "Gilmore Girls."   At exactly 8:00 we scoot a little closer, grab each other's hands, look into each other's eyes and sing "Where You Lead."  He doesn't know it yet - maybe he does, but I mean every word...I am tearing up as I write this now.  I am a single mother and I love my son more than words can say.  That song is the epitome of what lengths I would go to for him now and forever.

When I saw the contest and told him about it just now, he got very excited and smiled and said "Mom! It means love!"
Jacob, I think that pretty much covers it.
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 06:56:48 pm »

Anyone who turns out in life to be a genuinely good person has a role model, someone they can look up to, and say, “I want to be just like them.” To me “Where you Lead I will follow” represents this kind of relationship, but in a different kind of way, if that makes any sense. Here’s what I mean; the chorus “where you lead, I will follow” is believed by many to mean Rory will follow Lorelai wherever she goes,: because Lorelai is her role model her mother, and who she looks up to. However, in my opinion, while this is true I don’t think that it’s the complete meaning of the song, I think it goes the other way as well, Lorelai looks up to Rory, even as a role model and follows where she leads as well.
   The second part of the song “If your out on the road, feeling lonely and so cold. All you have to do is call my name and I'll be there on the next train.”  I think is pretty much a continuation of the chorus. Only this is saying when they are both finally on their own, it doesn’t matter where one is in her life the other will always be there for her. The next verse is about sacrifice and love “I always wanted a real home with flowers on the window sill, but if you want to live in New York City, Honey you know I will. You never know how it's all gonna turn out but that's o.k..Just as long as we're together, we can find a way.” They are both willing to give up their own dream as long as they can be with the other. That is love.
   In whole, this is what I think the song means, it’s about life love and sacrifice. Lorelai may be Rory’s mother and in many cultures that means she has some kind of power over her, but in this show it doesn’t. In this show Rory helped raise Lorelai as much as Lorelai raised Rory. They taught each other lessons and gave each other advice. They both love each other and one would give up anything for the other to be happy. And when Lorelai finally prepared Rory enough to set out her own it was not only an accomplishment for Lorelai, but also for Rory, because she has prepared her mother enough to be on her own as well. But even though there separated the other will never be too far away.
   This song always makes me happy, because when I hear it I realize something: No matter who you are, how old you are, or what you’ve done you can teach someone something. A lot of times people make the mistake of thinking parents or just older generations in general are the wisest, and that there is nothing there’s nothing younger people can teach them; but that’s not true. Each generation ultimately ends up wiser than the previous one. Lorelai, I think realized that and allowed Rory to teach and follow her, just as she taught and followed Rory.

P.S. Sorry if this is a little wordy and doesn’t make any sense, I kind of rushed through it.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 04:38:32 pm »

To allow users extra time to repost their thoughts and enter the contest, I've extended the contest's deadline until September 8th, 2007.

If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

~Heidi

I feel bad about saying this but it's September 11th. Sad I know, it sucks. So, probably posting up the winners tomorrow would be nice? Or any other day! Smiley I'm not trying to be... whatever the word for this is... but. Yes.

Don't ask? :Smiley

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 01:01:58 am »

If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

~Heidi

I feel bad about saying this but it's September 11th. Sad I know, it sucks. So, probably posting up the winners tomorrow would be nice? Or any other day! Smiley I'm not trying to be... whatever the word for this is... but. Yes.

Don't ask? :Smiley

Winners will be announced no later than Saturday.  Hopefully sooner, but no later than Saturday.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Debilee
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 04:30:51 pm »

Merry Meet,

I have missed the Gilmore Girls. I missed the last three years of watching them at 8pm each Tuesdays. I have kept up except for the finial year. <crying> I just completed getting all 6 season on DVD. Eureka is coming close for the wonderful personalities of the town. I miss the family relationships of the Gilmore Family. I can not wait to find out what happened in the last season, November 13th is too far away!

I found this site and notice the "Where You Lead" Contest. I am late for entry. I would like to give what the song means to me. I am daughter of a single mother and a much better relationship with my grandparents then Rory had. When I hear Where You Lead, I will Follow, I think of friendship, love of family and a person happiness. Of being there when one is needed. Doing things because you love them, like the two weddings for Lane. Mrs. Kim is real cool, making sure that Zack could fulfill both his and Lane's dream of  music and making a living at it.  The song to me means being there through the good times and the bad.

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 05:40:09 pm »

Winners will be announced no later than Saturday.  Hopefully sooner, but no later than Saturday.

~Heidi

Great! Smiley Sorry for sounding a little... off. I can be like that sometimes...

Good luck people!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »

do we no who won?

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
Muriel T
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2007, 08:06:31 pm »

What does the song mean to me?  It means loving another enought to follow them, no matter where thery go, or what they do, being there to pick them up if they fall, loving them through thick and thin, unconditionally  Hearts .  Being willing to sacrifice control so that another can lead the way, trusting them to love you unconditionally in return. Having faith that they will never lead you astray.  And if be chance things go wrong for either one, the other will be right there with you, and you can work together  to get out of the situation because of the unconditional love you have for each other. Knowing that love conquers all problems. It means knowing that you will never be alone- unless you want to be.    Hearts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: