GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 12:25:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think will be the last words in the series?  (Read 45610 times)
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2007, 04:56:39 am »

It's kinda what "most" would like to see happen ... so nothing from a spoiler and stuff ... it would just be kind of cool. On the other hand, it's getting less likely I think.

Most? Really? Not me. I don't think ending the series with Rory pregnant is a good way to go. I know I wrote that imagined version up above with Rory pregnant, but the more I think about it the more I just don't like the idea. Being pregnant has nothing to do with Rory's immediate future goals. Success in journalism is what she wants.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2007, 05:02:23 am »

Yeah, well it came off like that now ... but I said again and again, having a baby does not put a stop to her goals ... there are so many women who still have it all ... a family and their careers and I think that Rory is one of the girls who could have it both ways.

Anyway ... if the show is having a season 8, I don't think that it'll happen that way.

Maybe the last words will be from Lorelai to Rory : "I think we did good."

But as we are talking about the last words of the series ... which will come someday, it could be Rory : "Mom, I'm having a girl."

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2007, 11:25:24 am »

I do agree that she can have a child and a career but I do think that it at the end of the series it should just be Lorelai and Rory hanging out like old times nothing looking to the future no cliffhangers and no husbunds or boyfriends just the two of them the way it was in the begining them always being together and being there for each other.
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2007, 11:33:58 am »

iluvgilmoregirls!  that would be really cool, but I don't think they'll let it end like that. If no one else, then shippers...especially Java Junkies  Wink  People would go nuts if they ended up alone in the end. even if they were happy. It would be kind of....blank...

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2007, 01:44:05 pm »

I think it would be awful if the last words in the series was mom im having a girl'''. Everyone would want to know more, but there wouldnt be anything else! It would leave veryone confused and curious, but there would be no answers!

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2007, 05:02:42 am »

As soon as I heard that the last sentence contains 4 words .. this phrase came to my mind : "Like mother, like daughter" .. but I can't really imagine in what scene they should say that and what happened before that makes them say this sentence (although I think this sentence would fit if they'd sit at their house in the living room and the sofa Smiley )

Btw, it's interesting how much curiosity 4 words can start *lol* ... but now I am gonna stop thinking about an end of this No.1 series

funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:24 am »

my question now is, since they didn't know when filming the last episode whether it was the series or season finale.. do you think she still put those planned last lines in there? 
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2007, 07:31:59 pm »

Unfortunately, no. Amy stated in an interview last year that is was all out of her hands and she has no idea what the last words will be. She also refused to tell the interviewer what those words were (of course, otherwise we'd all know and wouldn't be having this discussion.)

My original vision was with Rory having the next Gilmore Girl, but I did picture a future Rory, who had already begun her accomplishments, career, etc. The husband or father was irrelevant. The idea would be Rory raising her daughter on her own terms, after having that magical relationship with her own mother~ it would carry on... and the next Lorelai would have a mother and grandmother as her best friends... not that we would see any of this, we would just assume it, with the quiet whisper of "It's a girl."
Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:48 pm »

my question now is, since they didn't know when filming the last episode whether it was the series or season finale.. do you think she still put those planned last lines in there?

According to an interview with Lauren Graham, the answer is no....

"Are you going to try and get her to divulge the final four words she had planned to end the series with?
Graham: Oh, right I forgot about that. I think she would've given it up to me had we known this was the end. That was the other weird thing about ending the show like this. When we finished [shooting], there was a 50/50 chance we'd be returning. So when we left the wrap party, we were like, "Bye! See ya next season!" Had we known [this was it], I think she would've given it up and we would've worked it in."

The rest of the interview is here:

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?action=post2

~KRISTIN~
gg4evr
Town Resident

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2007, 06:46:03 pm »

"I love you more."

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2007, 04:10:49 am »

Well iread somewhere wlse that the last scene might be something like the first one in the piolt epiosode in the dinner. Rember when lorelai and Rory were talking and Rory said she was just like her mother and Lorelai smiled? Maybe Luke or somebody will just say "Like mother like daughter" or something.

That makes sence-divine

purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2007, 05:07:16 am »

I keep reading about how the final episode (so sad i just said final episode) will bring the show full circle....I thought about that this morning while reading this topic, and since the 1st episode had Rory considering not going to Chilton (her dream) for a boy (Dean), maybe she will still get into the New York times, and perhaps she will considering going to California with Logan instead....in the end she would choose the NYT, and perhaps the final words would be the same as the 1st episode, Luke tells Rory she might end up like her mother, and Rory looks at Lorelei and says "Too late!"  That would be great!!! but it isn't 4 ords, so who knows.....perhaps the 4 last words of this season will be, SEE YOU NEXT SEASON!!!
Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2007, 06:07:28 am »

After reading the interview with Lauren Graham, I don't think they are going to be using the "four words". When they filmed the last episode, the didn't know it would be the last episode. Lauren said that if they knew it would have been the Series Finale when they filmed it, they might have been able to get what those four words were out of ASP, but they didn't.

~KRISTIN~
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2007, 05:44:13 pm »

Now that the series is over, I am even more curious what those words were! I was thinking like "I love you too" But I dont think everyone would make it seem so special if 'It were just 'ordinary' words. I tihnk it would be probly a not so common gilmore line.

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2007, 06:00:35 am »

I think it would have been kinda cool if it was 'Oy with the poodles already'! lol!

I'm glad that the last words were kinda regular nothing special or cliche because GG is not cliche and it ended fairly gilmoreish but it could have been more gilmoreish!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: