Poll

Who do you think is the most unlikely couple on the show?

Kirk and Miss Patty
Taylor and Lorelai
Rory and Paul-Anka
Emily and Jess
Richard and Babett
All Of The Above

Author Topic: The most unlikely couple?  (Read 90473 times)

Offline I LUV JESS~!!

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 598
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: The most unlikely couple?
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2006, 10:44:25 am »
gross~!! just kidding...  ;) i dont know i guess ill just say another one.
emily and jess... ewww~!! hes mine~!! just kidding...  ;)
Brenda :hearts:
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight :hearts: x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b

Offline Chilton

• Town Troubadour
  • Community Points: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:53 am »
hahah the greatest out of left field never-gonna-happen couple would be if Luke and Chris decided lor was too much work and rode off into the sun set together. God... i think i'd die laughing.

Offline I LUV JESS~!!

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 598
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2006, 11:50:38 am »
ewwwww~!! thats nast y but hilarious~!!  :D  :P...

good one... kirk and miss patty whoa... none of that~!!
Brenda :hearts:
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight :hearts: x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b

Offline Jessloverforever

• Diner Owner
  • Community Points: 43
  • . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2006, 05:18:49 pm »
Kirk and miss patty- disgusting! haah

and I luv Jess!!- I think your sig might be too big... im not sure, but i think it could be.

:: Literati :: Java Junkie :: Noddie ::

Love ya Brenda!! <3

Offline potostfbeyeluvr

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2006, 04:06:02 pm »
I'm sorry, I just have to reply to the whole 'Luke/Rory' issue. It's not morally wrong, IMO. Heck, I ship Luke/Rory (Known as Like Mother, Like Daughter or LMLD from here on out) more than I ship anything else. I've written four LMLD fanfics. I make LMLD manips. (See my av.) I really, really, don't see why Mikey or me liking LMLD is any different than any of you liking any ship. It isn't pedophilia or incest, right? Am I right? Then it's all a matter of personal taste, isn't it? It's not illegal if it's set after 1.06. So it's just what you like or I like.

I feel terrible about this, on Mikey's behalf. I don't think it was a joke or something to get attention. I think they meant it. In that case, it's better for all of those who disagree to say we disagree, not that their ship is sick or perverted. LMLD is the same as Lit or LL, when it comes down to it. Two adults. God, why is slash better to all of you than a het ship? Just because of their age? Or because he was nice to her and helped her out when she was a kid? Why does that make him her father figure, not just a good guy?

I cannot comprehend why the GG community is so intolerent of this particular ship. I feel like my right to ship matters less than everyone else's does. I feel like every time I defend a fellow shipper or use an LMLD avatar that I'll be told I made a bad choice, or that I'm a pervert.

Just because of shipping LMLD, I've been told that I'm rude, inconsiderate, and supporting of incest and pedophilia. I'm sick of it. I'm sick, sick, sick of it! That's not what's sick! What's sick is tearing people down and ignoring how they might feel, just because it's not something you find good! A fictional ship in a fictional world filled with fictional people isn't sick! If they're both adults, where is the major problem? It's not like we're evil, or don't like the show as much as other fans, or just like this ship to like it. (Note: I, or another LMLDer have been accused of everything I talk about in this post, either here or at another site.)

I know that LMLD will never get the respect that other ships get, even ones that never happened, like Trory. But I cannot take comments about how my ship makes you want to 'vomit' without saying something, or comments about it being like incest without getting somewhat upset.

I know not everyone who responded to Mikey was like what I've described. This isn't to everyone. Just to some people.

My fictional TV ship isn't as sick as ignoring people's feelings. That's much, much worse.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 05:15:59 pm by potostfbeyeluvr »
In support of the unsupported ships: Christopher and Lorelai. Luke and Rory. Jess and Lorelai. Jess and Lane. Emily and Jess.

Why should these ships get less respect than others? How can any of us claim tolerence in real life if we can't live with TV show 'ships'? God help us all.

CeliaGilmore

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2006, 06:18:39 pm »
I agree with postostfbeyeluvr.  I'm not an LMLD, I don't think Rory and Luke would make a good couple, but that is purely for reasons like they don't have chemistry, etc.  Not because of the age difference.  I understand why people would be against the relationship, I personally agree that it would be weird since he is so much of a father figure for her, but I think it is immature to talk about how gross it would be.

Offline potostfbeyeluvr

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2006, 06:50:42 pm »
*sighs* Thank you for the backup, Celia.

I don't ask anybody to ship LMLD, and I've never tried to convert anyone to it. If they ask why I like LMLD, I'll tell them, but I never force my ship on anyone. All I want is for my ship to get a fair shake at respect. Not that people can't be disturbed by it, but that they choose to keep it to themselves, for the sake of those who do like it. That's all I want.
In support of the unsupported ships: Christopher and Lorelai. Luke and Rory. Jess and Lorelai. Jess and Lane. Emily and Jess.

Why should these ships get less respect than others? How can any of us claim tolerence in real life if we can't live with TV show 'ships'? God help us all.

Offline Chilton

• Town Troubadour
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2006, 03:25:30 am »
I agree.

Also- potostfbeyeluvr, i'm interested in these rory-luke fics you've mentioned cause i've never read a pairing between two of them before. WOuld you be willing to let me read yours? Or let me know where i could find some?

Offline potostfbeyeluvr

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2006, 05:00:24 am »
Of course I can give you the links.

Let me see... There's atually an LMLD c2 on fanfic.net, if memory serves. Oh yeah. lol. I'm actually on its staff. I forgot. That's basically all of the LMLD fanfic that two rabid LMLD shippers could find at fanfic.net. I think all my LMLD stories are there. Yup. They are. (Can you tell that it takes me a while to post because I have to fact check? lol.)

Thanks to all who agreed with me on this. It means a lot, and not just to me. To every other person who ships LMLD, or any other rejected ship. We can only change the attack on UC ships one person at a time, and every person who stands up for the rights of LMLD, whether they ship it or not, is helping to change it. Thank you.

Offline Fantasy

• Diner Waitress
  • Community Points: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:53 am »
Here's a thought:
Kirk and Paris
Lorelai and Jess
Luke and Babette/Miss Patty
dog Paul Anka and Cinnamon
Jason and Rory
Emily and Dean
Dean and Jess
Paris and Brad
I could go on forever.. :)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.

Offline potostfbeyeluvr

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2006, 05:13:45 am »
Here's a thought:
Kirk and Paris
Lorelai and Jess
Luke and Babette/Miss Patty
dog Paul Anka and Cinnamon
Jason and Rory
Emily and Dean
Dean and Jess
Paris and Brad
I could go on forever.. :)

lol. I ship numbers 1, 2, 3 (Only Babette, though. Raincoats and Recipes, anyone?), 5, 6 with Jess instead of Dean (though I guess Dean/Emily would be cool too...), and 7.

Wow. 6 out of 8. UC shipping is really a disease, I tell ya. (But a nice one, too. IMO.)

Offline Chilton

• Town Troubadour
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2006, 06:22:32 am »
OH MAN. Paris and Brad would make me DIE with happyness. I dont know why i've never thought about that before. *fantasizes*

Offline LaurenGrahamFan

• Town Resident
  • Community Points: -34
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2006, 06:39:56 am »
Kirk and Lorelai or Lorelia and the candy shop owner.  Come on folks, send your letters.  Let's make it happen!, LOL

Offline safran

• Chilton Graduate
  • Community Points: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2006, 07:09:12 am »
Paris and rory
paul anka and luke
cinnoman and bebbette
Taylor and Town's singer :P
I am you and what I see is me...

Offline potostfbeyeluvr

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2006, 08:05:21 am »
Paris and rory
paul anka and luke
cinnoman and bebbette
Taylor and Town's singer :P
*lol* I ship all of those that aren't 'animal/non-animal.' Call me a prude, if you must.