GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:15:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 475533 times)
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2007, 01:19:57 pm »

If this hasn't been said already, the song that was on during the kiss was 'Inside Out' by The Mighty Lemon Drops  Cheesy
Yeah, it has, more than once. But that's ok, maybe someone missed it before. Cheesy

lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2007, 01:28:44 pm »

i know im a little late in posting...ive just been so busy (or at least trying to keep busy so i wouldn't go into a total breakdown!!!) but well here i am. i can't believe its over!!! Cry  Cry i'm still soooooo sad!!! 7 wonderful years of gilmore girls...its truly amazing that i started watching this show in the second season....i was in like 4th grade!!!! the memories will last forever...well anyway, taylor's speech was kind of disturbing but it made me laugh Cheesy so i suppose it worked. every time something came up about "Rory" leaving i practically broke down crying... tuesdays are going to be really empty now...it filled a space for me and now that space is back again. i agree with the fact that the luke and lorelai scene was WAAAAAY too quick!  Angry i was fuming!!!! it was terrible...well after the crying and all, i finally got myself a bit together. that fateful night i watched the first season...i needed them back and the only way i knew how to get them was through that particular season..."back to the beginning"!!!

i hope and know that we'll all get through this...not to sound too...i don't know. well, im still mourning a bit even though i am so happy that we had 7 great years of our favorite show!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
joolzp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2007, 02:23:56 pm »

It is so great to be in this GG community cos NOONE in my family (5 kids plus hub)understands me!!  Gilmoreluver...couldn't have put it better hun...fly on the wall is it.
I think. let's be honest, if they had ended it like a regular series, schmaltzy, deaths, disasters, it would not have been fitting.
We all wandered into SH 7 years ago, so now we wander out again.
Please tell me again..where is the town that inspired SH, and who is organising the bus tour!!
Oh and don't be so hard on Emily..she tried her hardest and I had to choke back tears when she realised Lor would still be coming to Friday night dinner because she WANTED TO!!!!! Smiley

lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2007, 02:30:33 pm »

OMG

i just and i mean i stopped watching it about 2 minutes ago...saw this episode, and yea im in floods of tears!!!!

i think, though people say about the Lorelai/Emily thing was not resolved, like tou said joolzp...she WANTED to go back to Friday Night Dinners - I think that shows some dan good growth to me!! They did not end it as badly as I thought it would, perhaps more L/L closure would have ben better...but now we can imagine what we want; we know that they are meant to last!!!!

It started out, with a quaint little town, with strange characters who got stranger over the years, but that is where it started and that is where it finished, and frankly I think it was awesome. That final eppy just...made me laugh, made me cry...one of the best episodes of the season -  and I liked the way it ended the same way that pilot episode did you know? It came full circle, went in many different directions; somehow wnded where it started, but at the same time in a whole other place

I stared watching this show at 11/12 I am now 18 and it took me through some dark times, i have literally grown up with this show...boy I am gonna miss it!!!

and yea, i've still got a few tears!!!!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:32:11 pm by lozman » Logged

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2007, 03:20:50 pm »

If this hasn't been said already, the song that was on during the kiss was 'Inside Out' by The Mighty Lemon Drops  Cheesy
Yeah, it has, more than once. But that's ok, maybe someone missed it before. Cheesy

And that's where you can listen to it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXbt6Kskx-Q

And here are the lyrics:

Inside Out by Mighty Lemon Drops

Waiting for the last train
Standing in the pouring rain
Thinking, wishing, hoping
that you'll never feel the same again

Lying wide awake at night
Sleeping in the morning light
Doing all these things although
I shouldn't be ashamed of them

You can't stop my heart from turning inside out
Try and stop my world from turning inside out

Clutching on the last straw
Seeing things I've never saw
Must be time I fell
Down to a place I didn't know too well

Although I'm starting to break this spell
I know I haven't got a hope in Hell

When you've called it a day
You've had things your own way
I guess it's fair to say
I'm gonna make you pay

(Didn't get a chance
Wished inside
Holding on until you draw the line
One step forward
Two steps back
And you're gone, gone)

Lying wide awake at night
Sleeping in the morning light

Just try and stop my world from turning inside out

javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

Wow. That song is SO perfect for them! I mean, it's not a slow song, it's not a sad song, it's a perfect reunion song. Now someone make a music video of it and post it on YouTube! Smiley
The 3 Luke and Lorelai songs would be this, My Heart Will Go On (meh, kinda), and I Will Always Love You. *squee*
OK, so this is my version of what happens during the kiss.
They kiss, and it slides into a hug, and she says "I missed you," and he counters with "I love you," really quiet and kinda shy, and she just nods and kisses him again because seriously does she really need to say it again? And then he's like "C'mere" in that really sexy voice of his and takes her to the diner and gives her the necklace, and then she says "We should probably go back to the party" and they go back holding hands or something. Aww!
And also I would want him to go with her and Rory to the airport and when Rory leaves Lorelai could cry or something and he could hug her.
Sucks we'll never get to see this.

momof3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2007, 04:28:01 pm »

Please help!!! does anyone know the final song??? It was from the 80's, something heart inside out??? Thanks.

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:19 pm »

I'm getting the distinct impression there's a little more writing than reading going on. If you have questions, skim the thread a little before posting, you may find the answer without asking. (But please post, anyway. Smiley)

javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2007, 04:39:55 pm »

Inside Out by The Mighty Lemon Drops

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2007, 04:44:11 pm »

Well I understand not wanting to read 23 pages to find something but come on, people, at least look at the posts right above yours. Wink

Sharon

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2007, 04:49:25 pm »

The hope that ABC Family would pick up the show is nice.  But since the two main players don't seem to be interested in continuing the show, it seems unlikely.  If Amy Sherman-Paladino was brought back in, it might happen.  I am sure she has plenty of plot lines and an idea how she wanted to end the show.  However, I do recall reading a few seasons ago that she would not play games with teh Luke/Lorelai relationship, but she did.  Maybe she was out of ideas.  Too bad, she wrote really well and had developed the characters really well. 
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2007, 05:37:41 pm »

I really can't believe it's over. And I freackin missed it when it first aired, live. I recorded it, but I couldn't see it live since I was on a class trip to Chicago. Anyway, I watched it today and I must say I'm very upset. For the following reasons:

1) Rory and Logan didn't end up together.

2) Lorelai and Luke didn't make up very well. One small quick kiss and then it's done. Don't get me wrong, I know they end up together, but the way they implied it was awful.

3) Rory's job. So, the series ends and she goes away and harly sees her family anymore because of a job? Wow, how classy. It's so NOT Rory Gilmore.

4) ASP didn't help write the final episode. And we never got to hear those four words..... And we'll never know what Emily's gift to Lorelai was from so long ago for when she got married.

5) Rory's speach was weak. She could've made it better and longer and more sentimental.

All in all, I'm very let down. Ever since Amy left the show has went down hill. And as a result the show will not continue and we get a crappy ending. I think Amy would be dissapointed. I know I am. I think it was a very dissapointing ending to a very great show.

Gilmore Girls may you rest in peace.
You will be missed,
But never forgotten.

P.S.- My parents and friends think I'm over re-acting. Bull. This show is like a piece of my heart. And now my heart is broken. I hope the CW and stupid David Rosenthal is happy.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Ben_Australia
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2007, 06:13:24 pm »

Hi everyone.

I'm from Sydney in Australia and have never read these forums before. I just found the site off Google because I wanted to see what everyone thought of the final episode.

Here in Australia, the show has been given no justice by the channel which it airs on. Here in Australia, Channel 9 has the rights to the show but they were always cancelling it and then putting it in different timeslots. Luckily pay television also aired some of the series so I watched it on there as well.

So I've watched all the newer episodes by purchasing the DVD of series 5 and 6, and have been watching series 7 episodes off the Internet. (when season 7 comes out on DVD I will buy it)

I have to say I thought the finale was a really good send off. It ends with Rory getting her ultimate job, Lorellai re-kindling her relationship with her parents and Luke and Lorellai getting back together. Put that together with the whole town getting together for a great send off, I think the finale was a really good way to end the show.

Not many guys watch the show, but I'm one of them and this show has been one of my favourite.

Anyway - just the opinion of someone from down under.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: May 17, 2007, 08:07:03 pm »

Wait...someone, try to follow me here: when 'they' (DR, ausiello, someone) was talking about the finale the hinted that the final scene would mirror the pilot, specifically the last scene, so ok, people here started already talking about the diner scene I think. But, later, I think, and this is where I get fuzzy, didn't someone *else* clarify that it was actually a scene from the BEGINNING of the pilot that was going to be 'redone' in the finale- so then someone suggested maybe a 'your daughter could be your sister joke'....and I actually had thought that they would re-do the joke where Lorelai goes in begging for coffee and he asks her how many cups she's already had, and she says, "none"...  if zeddie would post, she has that scene in her sig... ok I'm just speculating that specifically anyway, but I thought they did change which scene they 'recreated', but it's moot now, because when it was all said and done they just did the scene with them eating and panning out with the lights in the window....sigh.. but please, does someone remember anything close to what I'm referring to..?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:08:36 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2007, 03:17:31 am »

Hi everyone.

I'm from Sydney in Australia and have never read these forums before. I just found the site off Google because I wanted to see what everyone thought of the final episode.

Here in Australia, the show has been given no justice by the channel which it airs on. Here in Australia, Channel 9 has the rights to the show but they were always cancelling it and then putting it in different timeslots. Luckily pay television also aired some of the series so I watched it on there as well.

So I've watched all the newer episodes by purchasing the DVD of series 5 and 6, and have been watching series 7 episodes off the Internet. (when season 7 comes out on DVD I will buy it)

I have to say I thought the finale was a really good send off. It ends with Rory getting her ultimate job, Lorellai re-kindling her relationship with her parents and Luke and Lorellai getting back together. Put that together with the whole town getting together for a great send off, I think the finale was a really good way to end the show.

Not many guys watch the show, but I'm one of them and this show has been one of my favourite.

Anyway - just the opinion of someone from down under.

Hello Ben!  Good to see a fellow Gilmore guy here! Smiley  I, too, loved the finale and a great way to end the show!  It ended on a promising note-- Rory off to new adventures as a journalist, Lorelai and Luke sharing that one passionate kiss signaling a renewal in their relationship, and Lorelai continuing Friday night dinners with her mom.  I thought all is well in Gilmoreland and I am happy with that!  Bon Voyage Gilmore Girls! You will be missed and thanks for 7 wonderful years!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: