GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 12, 2021, 08:09:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.22 - Bon Voyage  (Read 415352 times)
The Universe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 27, 2008, 05:01:13 pm »

On the 7th Season box set, I am a little disappointed that there isn't much for a "farewell" or even interviews with the cast.  That would be nice.  Some day, if they are up for it, they should do what MASH did, and have a tv special with "re-union".  That would be great.

It's too bad this episode wasn't more planned out.  But I read an interview with Lauren, and she said that it was more light in the original script, so she made it more heartfelt. 

As sad as it is to admit, I am sad that this show is over.  I say it is sad to admit, because getting attatched to something like a TV show is foolish.  But this was a good one.  Very funny, witty, quick, emotional.  I liked it. 

I think I'll invite the entire GG cast to my wedding...
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 10, 2008, 09:00:54 pm »

I cryed threw out the hole episode.
when i saw the part where there holding the sign
Bon Voyage rory.
was thinking not bon voage rory
Bon Voyage Gilmore Girls.
 Cry
its really sad.
when i saw luke and lorelai kiss
there just had to be just one more season
it really stinks.
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
ubergilmorefan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 01, 2008, 01:27:31 pm »

This should have not been the end of the series, it should have went for a lot longer than it did.  Sad
Kirks_Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2008, 11:21:15 am »

Bon Voyage:  In the series finale, Rory gets a job as a political journalist and Luke organizes the whole town of Stars Hollow to throw a graduation party in her honor.  Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life.  Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai.  Journalist Christiane Amanpour has a cameo.

Screencaps:[/b]  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode701

I think the last scene (lor and rory are sitting at lukes) is the best, but the rest is too cheesy. And thats very, very awful, because what i loved bout gg was that it wasnt cheesy at all!!
Wilara
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Me in London- I LOVE London!!!

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:30 pm »

I think this episode really shows Luke's soft side.  What other person would sew together tents together, for his ex's daughters farwell party.  It made sense to end here.  Everyhing in one way or another was either having a new begining or had an ending.

Love Emma
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 04, 2008, 01:43:29 pm »

Bon Voyage:  In the series finale, Rory gets a job as a political journalist and Luke organizes the whole town of Stars Hollow to throw a graduation party in her honor.  Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life.  Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai.  Journalist Christiane Amanpour has a cameo.

Screencaps:[/b]  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode701

I think the last scene (lor and rory are sitting at lukes) is the best, but the rest is too cheesy. And thats very, very awful, because what i loved bout gg was that it wasnt cheesy at all!!

I agree i was lik wtf when i saw that episode. I mean i thought it was great how luke saved the day again for Lor and rory and the ending where they r sittin in lukes dinner was good but leavin the whole luke lorelai relationship hangin was just wrong

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

GGfanatic08
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 05, 2008, 01:19:16 am »

I most definatly agree leaving there relationship like that hanging was wrong!! but i cried for days after that show ended. it was a funeral! I now watch reruns Sad
I mean rory leaving for an unknown time 2 weeks or 2 years!!! That whole relationship just awwww it makes me sad i remember in an earlier season probably 1 or 2 rory slept over babettes house to watch her kitten. That was hard on the Gilmores! They were just a house away.
But the we must realize this is a magnificent opprotunity for rory! This is EXACTLY what she wanted to do, travel along with major national leaders and interview them! It's just sad that she has to leave a beloved town own that she can not just call her home town but her family. Having that many people care for you is a blessing and to have to leave them for a long time is a very very very hard thing to do.

But what made this ending a little shocker or not so much a shocker as to put a smile on your face to see that lor will still have those dreaded friday night dinners with emily and richard! Its nice that she will keep in touch with them for a while. She needs them, they are, we must face it, what made her Lorelai Gilmore!
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 05, 2008, 11:45:48 am »

You are so right! They really did make her who she is and what would we do without the Lorelai we all know and love?! Her character really made the show as did Rorys but Lorelai really brought the show alive with her character and past. 
Rory really did get the job she always wanted though i mean it was unexpected way of giving her the job but so was putting her idol in the last episode! ( i just luved when they did that! )  Its just unfair that we didnt get to see if she ever did send her stuff to her or keep in contact. Sad stuff.
But well right now all i can do is keep my fingers crossed for a movie or some little reunion episode or something cause well how can i not.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: July 05, 2008, 02:15:32 pm »

I haven't seen this episode but read the transcripts and I felt that ending was definitely unsatisfying.

There's definitely more to tell.  One is Luke and Lorelai repairing their relationship.  Rory, dealing with the real world and her first job.  Lorelai deciding to continue her relationship with her parents.  Finally, Lorelai and Rory trying to deal their own relationship with Rory on the road.

Those are the four main plot lines that could've been explored once the show ended.  Thank God for the concept of fan fiction.  Virtual Gilmore Girls Season 8 explored those storylines and more and brought the show back to its essence.  It was so good, that a Season 9 is going to happen. 
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 05, 2008, 02:45:29 pm »

Ive never heard of this Virtual Season 8. What is it and where can i find it?

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: July 05, 2008, 10:56:36 pm »

Virtual Gilmore Girls
jaz-copperboom!
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 86

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 06, 2008, 12:07:40 am »

ahh
i haven't ever read that Shocked
i too shall check it out

lorelai: i have someone to complain to when life sucks or work sucks or just everything sucks. i have someone i can talk to.
rory: yeah, who?
lorelai: oh shecky, you kill me.

tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 07, 2008, 04:58:13 pm »

Virtual Gilmore Girls

Thnx ill check that out

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 08, 2008, 05:11:54 pm »

The entire seventh season was sketchy.  Without the Palladino's it was like a rudderless ship. I am sure that they had an outline for how they wanted to end the show.  The L/L thing was very diaappointing. During the course of the series they built up a great relationship and character interaction.  But then, it was oops, we can't marry them, that would screw up a story arc.  Instead, they changed the personalities of the characters to create a conflict.  That plot line was very weak.  They should have married them in Season six and had a baby introduced and that would have give Lorelai a baby to dote on when Rory went into the working world.  The final episode could have been a L/L baby, which would have closed things out nice and tidy. 
meccabigbomb
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 10, 2008, 02:59:25 am »

what happened to rory and logan in the end?
break up or together or?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62
  Print  

Jump to: