GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 02:21:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.22 - Raincoats and Recipes  (Read 150779 times)
haileyerin
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:25 am »

I don't think Rory was "being slutty" with Logan. She was just growing up.
No one ever said that Lorelai was being slutty when she was sleeping with Max. They never said she was being slutty when she was sleeping with Luke.
So it doesn't make sense to say that Rory was being slutty when she was sleeping with the guy she was dating at the time. Whether it agrees with someone's self-held morals or not isn't really the question because in this day and age, it's just kind of accepted to be sleeping with your boyfriend.
She wasn't being slutty, just like Lorelai wasn't being slutty.
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2007, 10:12:02 am »

I personally never said she was.  But there have been comments made how Logan changed Rory and suddenly she's sleeping with him.  I'm saying that if anything, this was the end of her innocence, that her dating Logan was not it, that was her growing up, and having her first realtionship with a guy that includes sex.  (With the exception of Dean and her, but that was a short, strange relationship they had for a while.)  She was figuring out everything and yes, now it is accepted in culture to be sleeping with your boyfriend.

So no, I don't think Rory was being slutty, nor was Lorelai, I'm just saying that while some accuse her relationship with Logan as her loss of innocence, I think it's this episode that ends it.  What she did with Logan was different from her and Jess, or her and Dean, because now she was entering the accepted adult way of relationships. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
larly56
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2007, 05:28:12 pm »

im new here but i totally agree with u

larly56 aka karla
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2008, 09:21:51 am »

This episode is a GREAT one. I hated to see Rory and Dean make the biggest mistake yet. Although I think the episode starts heating up when Jason shows up (ewww). I think Lorelai and Lukes first kiss was at a great moment they look so cute toghter. I can still see the look on Lorelais face when when Dean walked out of Rorys room. That was not exactley the look I would want on my moms face. This is one of my favorite episodes ever!

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2008, 04:28:15 pm »

Great episode and an overall, great season.

Loved the way the episode started.  Luke flirting with Lorelei and Lorelei becoming a klutz of sorts.  Kirk's night terrors were hilarious...  Emily and Richard... I blame Digger and Pennilynn Lott for their seperation.  Digger showed up... making Luke uncomfortable.  Making him insecure and annoying the hell out of Lorelei... then came THE KISS!!!!

This is how I interpreted the kiss...

Lorelei:  What are you doing?

Luke:  Will you just stand still?

They kiss... and everything seems heavenly and then they pull apart.  Luke, in his mind is thinking, "Whoa baby!  That was wow..."

Lorelei in her mind is thinking... "Whoa, this is what I've been missing after all of these years?  I must have more!"

Luke:  What are you doing?

Lorelei:  Will you just stand still?

They kiss... again... and the heavenly chorus becomes louder and brighter... as the two realize... "we're soulmates"...

And then Kirk comes in screaming naked with a pillow covering his front... hilarious!!!!

Then came a big, big, big mistake.   Poor Rory, so naive, so clueless about losing her virginity to a tool like Dean.  Dean is a guy... he's not a man.   He said a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to lead her on and then goes back home to Lindsay, who seems to try and want it to work.  Dean sucks!  Why couldn't Lindsay get revenge and cheat on him with Jess?  Now, he'd be really, really mad!!
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2008, 08:33:08 am »

I didn't see it as Dean leading Rory on. They were showing a renewed interest in each other for a while and it all lead to this moment, as shocking as this moment was. Rory knew what she was doing in the sense that she convinced herself that he was "my Dean". I have trouble seeing her as naive or clueless. As intelligent and level-headed as she normally is, she found a way to justify it in her mind. Rory does things because she wants to do them, even this, her most outrageous moment in my opinion. (Actually, i think sleeping with a married guy was a little toooooo out of character for her and the writers were looking for shock value in this season finale.)

I love the idea of Lindsay and Jess together! Yeah!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:38:16 am by bingbong » Logged

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2008, 12:18:12 pm »

I think Rory needed to grow up and accept the fact that he's not "her Dean" anymore, even if acts like he is.  Duh.  Her mom was right.  As we see later.  HE"S MARRIED.  I agree it seemed a little out of character and more for a shock value of season finale.  But still.  Gilmore Girls is always interesting regardless.

Luke and Lorelai's first kiss is my new favorite moment!  Awwwwww......
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:26 pm »

PS Although Rory had a great point about her mom and Christopher.  So what if Christopher and Sherry weren't married?  They were still TOGETHER.  We teach our children by our example.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2008, 03:05:24 pm »

Were they really still together? I thought they were broken up after what Chris was saying to Lorelai about how things weren't going well with him and Sherry. And I gotta say I thought that was a really weak excuse by Rory. They weren't married, it's a very different thing. And Lor didn't even know Sherry and Chris were still together(if they really were, I'm not sure). Terrible comparison by Rory I thought. But correct me if I'm forgetting something cause I haven't seen this epi in a while so I could be forgetting something.

August 6th! 
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »

Christopher and Sherry were discussing things/trying to work them out, as I recall.  They hadn't clearly broken up so he and Lorelai were in error.  But, that doesn't mitigate Rory's actions.  She's not a monkey who is only able to mimic Lorelai.  And, since she wasn't a kid, she was 19 (as she said) she was fully capable of knowing right from wrong.  And, for her to fob the discussion off on Lorelai's past actions was the second most childish thing Rory did that night.  The first was her saying "he was my boyfriend first!"  The way she was acting, if Lorelai and Christopher hadn't slept together while he was with Sherry, Rory would have found some other reason to try and say Lorelai had no right to tell her anything.  Maybe bring up that Lorelai got pregnant at 16, and at least she waited until she was 19 and used protection.  Rory just didn't want anyone to say anything to her.  I'm glad Lorelai didn't try to defend herself (like reminding Rory that no one knew Sherry was pregnant at the time) because that would have been playing right into her hands.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »

i love this episode it is great. I just hated to see rory get hurt and make a huge mistake at the end that was the bad part What. The good part was luke and lorelai get toghter Smitten. I thought her and jason were going to get toghter but i am so glad it was luke. I loved when lorelai kept knocking things over and bumping into things just because she was nervous around luke Hidden. I also thought that putting emily and richard in a room toghter for the night was so funny Cheesy. This is truely one of my most loved episodes Hearts.

roryshmory
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:03 am »

That was a pretty DUMB decision Rory made.  I still think Lorelai as her mother should set a better example.  In real life, of course.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2008, 06:08:10 pm »

Omg! dean having sex with rory was so crazy u would never think rory would do that!!! Shocked and all java jukies please don't get mad at me but....                                                                                                   

THIS WAS THE WORST EPISODE EVER BEACUSE LUKE AND LORELAI KISSED AND THEY SUCK AS A COUPLE!!!!!!! Angry

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2008, 04:51:40 pm »

Omg! dean having sex with rory was so crazy u would never think rory would do that!!! Shocked and all java jukies please don't get mad at me but....                                                                                                   

THIS WAS THE WORST EPISODE EVER BEACUSE LUKE AND LORELAI KISSED AND THEY SUCK AS A COUPLE!!!!!!! Angry

Oh, and were Lorelai and Chris any better?

Explain...  I've got all day. 
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2008, 05:08:51 pm »

It just to me lorelai and luke just don't fit. i think luke and rachel are good together

yes chris and lorelai are better. they are both rebals and go with each other's bits and even though chris can be imature, i still think they rock as a couple!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: