GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:38:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.22 - Raincoats and Recipes  (Read 147746 times)
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2007, 01:28:16 pm »

I hated that Rory snarked back with the response that Lorelai did it so what's the big deal (paraphrasing of course).  She compared the situation to Christopher and Sherry as if it was similar at all.  Not ignoring that there was probably supposed to be a parallel there but it was a totally different situation.  Christopher and Sherry were not married.  Rory threw out that Sherry was pregnant when Lorelai was with Christopher as a rationalization.  But neither Christopher nor Lorelai knew that and soon as he found out and decided to do the right thing L/C were over.  This definitely rekindled my annoyance with Rory.
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:45 pm »

Yeah exactly! Chris and Sherry were broken up and neither of them knew that she was pregnant

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2007, 01:14:16 am »

I have to be honest. I actually stopped watching GG after this episode and the few that followed. The whole Rory/Dean relationship and her losing her virginity to him was just a disgrace if you ask me. I get that they were trynig to show Rory as still being a kid and not the well- put together, perfect, little angel that she'd been made out to be. But sleeping with someone she knew was married and then afterwards continuing a relationship with him is disgusting. The fact that it was later on deemed alright by everyone was just a smack in the face to his wife and the vows they took.

Not to bring up my whole obsession with Jess , but I'm going to bring up my obsession with Jess because (tee hee) I think this all seemed to stem from him again. After Jess comes back to Stars Hollow and tells Rory he loves her and then later when he returns and asks her to run away with him Rory has a conversation with Lane about Jess's proposal. Lane considers it romantic and Rory thinks of it as erratic behaviour. She then starts to talk about Dean and how dependable he was. It seemed to me as if she was saying Dean would never do what Jess did so I should be with him or make it up to him. I feel like Rory is using Dean to move passed Jess and what happened between them; moving back to that comfortable, boring, safe place, rather than actually loving Dean.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2007, 06:02:03 am »

I love this episode!!!! it is my favorite!!! i love the scene where they kiss it was so them!!!

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
JunkieAngelLove
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2007, 05:46:50 am »

This is really one of the most pivotal episodes in the entire series if you think about it.  This is when Rory realy starts to change from the innocent Rory that we all adored so much. Then there is Luke and Lorelai finally getting together, which is what most of us waited for for like 4 years.  Things changed dramatically.  Some were amazing [Luke and Lorelai], but some were not so amazing [Rory and Dean]

I truly don't get where the name for this episode came from. I often try to figure it out though. Nothing ever seems to make real sense. Oh well. I guess we'll always just have to wonder.

Java Junkie supporter for LIFE <3
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2007, 06:05:03 am »

It's called "Raincoats and Recipes" because a raincoat is a slang term for a condom (which we all know Rory and Dean used as she goes on that trojan man rant at the end of the episode)... Recipes maybe because its a recipe for disaster? a recipe for love? the inn was serving food? haha who knows!! I only got the raincoats part.

IMPA
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

L&L 4ever

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2007, 08:31:50 am »

First of all Rory and Dean were wrong.  Dean couldn't have broken his vows if Rory had said no.  But she said yes and Dean cheated on his wife.  The wife he presumably promised before God and family to honor.  That is not like promising to share the ball then deciding not to.  IT IS BAD AFTER ALL.

I'm sorry but if i'm in love with someone i send throw hell everybody else. For me nobody cares more than the person i love!!! The rest doesn't matter at all for me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to say that what they did was right but if you love,you love and you can't do anything else!

RORY: Dean.

DEAN: What.

RORY: Stop.

DEAN: Why.

RORY: Because I love you, you idiot.

(Dean walks over to her and they kiss. Tristin puts Rory's books down on the ground and walks away.)

murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2007, 06:58:11 pm »

Wow that's a great attitude to have. If you loved someone then you should't go marrying anyone else!

oooh i never knew that raincoat was a slangword for condom!

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

window lej
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2007, 08:26:32 am »

Hey does anybody remember the conversation between Babette and Luke about Jason being there?-
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2007, 10:18:15 am »

Hey does anybody remember the conversation between Babette and Luke about Jason being there?-

I thought it was Miss Patty and not Babette, I could be wrong though.  Luke asks her who the guy is and she explains that it was Lorelai's ex-boyfriend and Richard's business partner.  She says that she thought they had broken up over the family business and was surprised to see him at the Dragonfly. 
Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2007, 09:14:14 pm »

I thought it was Miss Patty and not Babette, I could be wrong though.  Luke asks her who the guy is and she explains that it was Lorelai's ex-boyfriend and Richard's business partner.  She says that she thought they had broken up over the family business and was surprised to see him at the Dragonfly. 

Nope, it was Babette. I watched this episode today. It's funny, Luke asks her if Lorelai is still with Jason and she's saying how she can ask Miss Patty if he wants seeing she can sometimes listen into other peoples telephones calls.

The whole Rory/Dean thing angers me so much in this episode and pretty much everything between them in the 4th and 5th season. He was a married man. There's no excuse. You don't sleep with someone else's husband, no matter what.

juststandstilll
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2007, 02:55:58 pm »

My absolute favorite The bumping into tables and waiters and doors. Then the whole screaming match between Luke and Lorelai then the kiss. Finally. ASP couldnt have done a better job writing the script and as much as i wanted the two of them together sooner, it was good for them to wait and gain trust between each other.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:39 pm »

I hated that Rory snarked back with the response that Lorelai did it so what's the big deal (paraphrasing of course).  She compared the situation to Christopher and Sherry as if it was similar at all.  Not ignoring that there was probably supposed to be a parallel there but it was a totally different situation.  Christopher and Sherry were not married.  Rory threw out that Sherry was pregnant when Lorelai was with Christopher as a rationalization.  But neither Christopher nor Lorelai knew that and soon as he found out and decided to do the right thing L/C were over.  This definitely rekindled my annoyance with Rory.

i totally agree.

but the whole episode was great, as much as i hate jason, i think he added a nice twist that let things flow like they did in the end....

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2007, 04:54:42 pm »

I just saw this episode for the first time since it originally aired, yesterday, and It is truly one of my favorites!!

gilmoreatheart
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2007, 09:53:04 am »

can anyone help me? i'm sick so i'm watching my favorite episodes of gilmore girls (of course) but i can't find luke and lorili's first date! i don't even know the season let alone the episode!    Angry
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: