GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 05:01:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Spin-Off in the Cards for 'Gilmore Girls' Star Matt Czuchry? - 05.08.06  (Read 4451 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:46:18 pm »

A Spin-Off in the Cards for 'Gilmore Girls' Star Matt Czuchry?   
May 8th, 2006

http://television.aol.com/tv-celebrity-interviews/matt-czuchry
http://television.aol.com/tv-celebrity-interviews/matt-czuchry-2

May 8 -- A guy on a show called 'Gilmore Girls' might seem like he'd be second banana, but the series has launched the careers of several young actors. Chad Michael Murray (Tristan) went on to headline in 'One Tree Hill,' Jared Padalecki (Dean) stars this season's new 'Supernatural,' while Milo Ventimiglia (Jess) anchored the WB's 'Bedford Diaries.'

So, the future looks bright for Matt Czuchry, who plays Rory Gilmore's boyfriend Logan Huntzberger. AOL Television editor Kelly Woo chatted with him about his prospects, the fate of 'Gilmore Girls' and his competitive side.

What was your reaction to the news that the creator of the show, Amy Sherman-Palladino, and her husband, executive producer Dan Palladino, won't be back next season?
Amy and Dan were and are mentors to me. They were my teachers, and I was the student. They've given me an education all the way from the beginning. On a personal level, it's difficult to know they won't be there.

How does the cast feel about moving to The CW Television Network?
There is a general excitement among everybody in the cast. Being part of the first year of a new network is a pretty rare opportunity. So, everybody's excited about that, and hoping that 'Gilmore Girls' will not only continue with that core group of fans that have been following the show for six years, but that the fan base will expand with the CW extending new markets and attracting new people from UPN.

It seems like 'Gilmore Girls' is a lock to get onto the CW's schedule.
We'll know officially in a couple weeks. Nothing is ever official until your first day of filming or until you get that piece of paper that says you have a job. The upfronts are coming up, and that's when the networks announce their new schedules and the new shows. Nothing is a lock until it's official and on paper and we all have jobs.

You signed on for next season, right?
I did. If the show does come back, my character will be coming back.

So that must be a good sign for Logan and Rory's relationship.
As far as the season finale is concerned, there is turmoil on both sides, on Rory's side and Lorelai's side. We've seen Rory and Logan grow up together through this relationship. After Logan gets in this traumatic accident at the end of his college career, it shakes him up quite a bit. So in the last episode, we'll see him in a way we've never seen him before: very vulnerable, needing help from Rory and needing a change in his life. At the end of this season, there's going to be a lot of questions regarding Logan and Rory and how Logan graduating college and taking on more responsibility with his family's business affects their relationship. You'll see that they're committed to each other, but there are plenty of obstacles in the way.

Rory always seems to be attracted to bad boys. Why do you think that is?
It's a side of her that she can express through a relationship. Often times we find in life that we're intrigued by those people who have qualities that aren't like our own.

But Logan isn't quite the bad boy anymore. He's reformed quite a bit.
That's been one of the main themes for Logan this year, knowing that he needs to grow up and resisting it. But then, at the end of the day, he'll be a man and step up to the responsibilities. You'll see that personified really heavily in the season finale.

Many of the guys who used to be on 'Gilmore Girls' have gone to star in their own shows. Is that something you see in your future?
Right now, hopefully, we'll get another season of the show. I definitely hope that happens. With the new network, it's one step at a time. So my main focus is hopefully coming back to the show. Decisions about things in the future will come at a later stage. Definitely, Milo and Jared and Chad Michael Murray -- all those guys have careers I've watched as they progressed, especially coming from 'Gilmore Girls.' Certainly, I do feel a certain connection there because I'm on the show. They have careers I've watched and would like to emulate.

Now, I read that you were a tennis star. Is that true?
Yes. I played tennis throughout my life. In high school, I won the Tennessee state championship and went on to play in college at the College of Charleston in South Carolina. Tennis taught me so many life lessons. I'm six and a half years removed from playing competitive tennis, but there are still those life lessons I take with me every day.

What do you like to do when you're not working?
I play quite a bit of basketball. I play in a basketball league called the NBA Entertainment League. I just got back from a trip to Norway with a group called the Hollywood Knights. It's a charity basketball group, and we went over to Bergen, Norway to play for two charities in Norway -- one was for the monuments in Norway and the other was for the Cancer Society in Bergen. It was a really special trip and a climactic moment in my life. One of the nice things that comes from being on the show is I get asked often times to be part of a charity.

What are your favorite shows?
I'm really missing 'Six Feet Under.' I like 'Lost,' 'South Park' and 'The Office.' I'm really looking forward to the next season of 'Rescue Me.'

AOL Television is showing an exclusive digital short from 'Rescue Me.'
I thought the last season of that show was phenomenal. This is going to be a big year for it.

What summer movies are you looking forward to watching?
I'm a comic book fan, so 'X-Men,' 'Superman,' 'Spider-Man,' and I know 'Iron Man' is in development. I keep track of all the superhero movies, so immediately I'm looking forward to 'X-Men' and 'Superman Returns.'

Is that the only reason you want to see 'Superman Returns'? [Czuchry used to date actress Kate Bosworth.]
[Laughs.] Interesting question. I'm interested in seeing 'Superman' for a variety of reasons.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:31:43 pm by Heidi » Logged

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 07:48:16 pm »

Cool! I hope he also gets into a show! I never knew he played tennis! Also, my 3rd favorite show is lost! Since Ror's boyfriend all got TV shows, I wonder if any other Gilmore cast members will too!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 11:11:36 pm »

What was your reaction to the news that the creator of the show, Amy Sherman-Palladino, and her husband, executive producer Dan Palladino, won't be back next season?

Okay this is a SUPER OLD interview! Things have changed dramatically since then... especially considering he's in that "Gravitation" show.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:40:28 pm »

What is Gravitation? Is it new?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
gilmoreguy78
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:45:51 pm »

There is no spin-off in the cards . . . What the heck is up with the title of this posting? VERY misleading.

"But this is America, where we unappologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremecy." ~ Lorelai Victoria Gilmore
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:49:27 pm »

How is it misleading? It makes sense to me!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: