GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 07, 2021, 07:21:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: GG Fanfiction - Where dreams come true!  (Read 91716 times)
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2007, 09:14:43 am »

hi welcome to our forum

yes there is http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=7005.0

but please use our search before opening a new topic+
and if you have any questions about the forum or gilmore girls then post them in the question and answer thread in the generall discussion section

thanks  Wink
marlies

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2007, 07:07:03 pm »

With the news that there will be no season 8 I will have to live off of my dvds and fanfiction.  I'm so glad I found this place.  I've been working on my first one...hopefully I'll have it done soon.

**Edit**

Okay, So I've finished the first chapter of my first fan-fiction Coming Around.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3534141/1/

Please read and pretty, pretty please review.  I'm almost done with chapter 2, hopefully that'll go up today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:20:14 am by ObessedwithGG » Logged

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2007, 01:13:03 am »

Hello! I put off finishing my season 7 finale because I've been so busy with getting my Season 8 episode 1 done. I felt a need to get this out ASAP because people need closure and I still want a season 8 so this is my idea on how things could go.

Here it is. Summary: Rory gets a new job at a newspaper in Ohio and finds out how hard the real world can be sometimes. Lorelai and Luke go to Ohio to help encouarge her while they struggle to keep their relationship going. There are many laughs as well as many heartfilled speeches. So here is: "Season 8 is Great" episode 1: "To Oz and Back"

Rory was rudely awakened by the drowning sounds of the Death Metal music that flooded through the floor. Very groggy she shuffled away from the bedroom, passed the living room and into the kitchen. She tried to turn the faucet on to pour water into a pot for coffee. The pipes suddenly made terrible noise and nothing came out. Rory was so scared that she quickly shut it off. She stared at the empty pot in her hand.
   Rory groaned: “Figures,”
   Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Rory could barely hear it through the music blaring but she finally did. She walked up to the door and opened it to see Lorelai shoving coffee in a cup at her.
   Lorelai: “Door to door coffee, kicking vacuums’ butts,”
   Rory was confused.
   Rory: “Mom? Is that really you or has the music scrambled my brain and I’m imagining you’re here?”
   Lorelai: “Nope, I’m not a music hallucination or a coffee-deprived mirage,”
   Rory jumped and hugged Lorelai so fast Lorelai hardly had time to secure the cups of coffee so they wouldn’t spill.
   Rory: “I’m so glad you’re here… you have no idea how…”
   Lorelai: “I can guess considering you’re practically breaking my spine hugging me,”
   Finally after a long minute, Rory stepped back and let Lorelai into the building. Lorelai looked around and her jaw almost dropped to the ground.
   Lorelai: “This is so much worse than what you described!”
   Rory grabbed the coffee from Lorelai and gulped it down.
   Lorelai suddenly covered her ears when the Death Rock music got louder.
   Lorelai: “That’s it! I’m mad as Hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”
   Lorelai took something out of her purse and showed it to Rory. It was a CD.
   Rory: “Mom, what are you doing?”
   Lorelai: “Fighting fire with fire. A battle of the bands, so to speak,”
   Lorelai marched over to Rory’s pathetic excuse of a CD player, placed her coffee down next to it, popped in the CD, turned the dial all the way to the other side and a second later: “You Give Love a Bad Name” from Bon Jovi played even louder than the Death Metal music. Lorelai and Rory covered their ears in an attempt to try and lessen the impact.
   A minute later a female figure bust through the door and she placed her arms on her hips. The girl was about Rory’s age but all in black and definitely dressed the Death Metal part.
   Lorelai lowered the volume on the radio.
   Girl: “EXCUSE me but I am TRYING to work and your loud music is interrupting my creative process!”
   Lorelai and Rory shot each other amused looks. They then turned to the girl and shot her serious looks.
   Rory: “We will if you will. I don’t know if you’re aware of this or not; but there are other people who live in this apartment besides you and I don’t think they are pleased being woken up early in the morning by the sounds of Death Metal echoing through the walls. I know I hate it. If you don’t play your music loudly during the morning then I won’t play my music loudly during the afternoons when I’m writing articles. Otherwise, it’s full blast all the way,”
   The girl huffed: “Fine,”
   She whirled away from them and stomped to the door. She exited with a “Bang!” as she slammed the door behind her.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3557098/1/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:46:11 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2007, 08:09:14 am »

With the news that there will be no season 8 I will have to live off of my dvds and fanfiction.  I'm so glad I found this place.  I've been working on my first one...hopefully I'll have it done soon.
**Edit**

Okay, So I've finished the first chapter of my first fan-fiction Coming Around.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3534141/1/

Please read and pretty, pretty please review.  I'm almost done with chapter 2, hopefully that'll go up today or tomorrow.

I'm loving your story, keep writing.
I added it to my story alert!

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2007, 08:11:15 am »

JillianLovesFood: Great..hehehe I want more.Also in my story alert list

JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2007, 03:43:40 pm »

KuKuLeNiLeNi-
JillianLovesFood: Great..hehehe I want more.Also in my story alert list
Thanks so much glad you enjoyed it!

I've updated my 8th season fanfic by adding episode 2. Here's the summary...

Episode 2:“Spy Kirk and Caught in a Spy-derweb”- The Dragonfly Inn is being challenged by people who want to restore the Independence in, which sends them into a panic. Lorelai enlists the help of Kirk to play spy. Luke tells April about him dating Lorelai again and receives a less then thrilled reaction. Meanwhile, Rory who has just moved into her new apartment in Boston settles into her new surroundings. Unexpectedly she receives a call from Christopher wanting to visit"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3557098/2/

Here's a taste of the episode...
Lina unlocked the door with a key and swung the door open. Inside, the apartment walls were covered with bands and singing artists. There was a medium-sized television surrounded by DVDs and VHS tapes. The kitchen counter had every appliance imaginable plus it had all kind of food ingredients such as breads, a bowl of assorted fruits and seasonings. Lorelai ran straight to the refrigerator and threw open the door. She practically started drooling when she saw it was jam-packed with food.
   Lorelai and Rory shot glanced back and forth.
   Rory: “Mom…”
   Lorelai: “Rory I hate to break this to you but Lina is your long-lost twin sister separated at birth. I was hoping it would be revealed like in “the Parent Trap” but I guess this way will have to do,”
   Rory: “Very funny. No, I was going to say I know what Paris means now,”
   Lorelai: “I would’ve gone to college if it meant having a roomy like her but I guess raising you wasn’t all that bad,”
   Rory sarcastically: “Thanks, Mom,”
   Lorelai: “Hey Lina, can you sing good? Rory can’t hit a tune without cats hissing,”
   Rory: “Mom!”
   Lina: “I’m a regular Kelly Clarkson,”
   Lorelai turned to Rory.
   Lorelai: “Oh no, I think the hospital must’ve accidentally switched the two of you when you were in the nursery… are you sure you’re REALLY my daughter?”
   Rory: “I have the same genes and eyes, remember?”
   Lorelai: “Oh yeah. Sorry Lina, I tried,”
   Lina: “Huh?”
   Lorelai: “Nothing, never mind,”
   Rory: “As much as I love your loyalty towards me Mom, I really should start settling in here,”
   Lorelai: “Right. Okay, I’ll just help you bring up the rest of the stuff and then I’ll get out of your way,”
   Lina: “Rory, since you’re going to be doing the entertainment section it’s probably a good idea to have a feel for the way Boston works. I’ll give you an official tour tomorrow if you like,”
   Rory: “Really? That would be wonderful. Thank-you Lina,”
   Lorelai: “Aw, are you going on the Duck Tour, too?”
   Lina: “It wouldn’t be an official tour if I didn’t take her on it,”
   Lorelai: “No fair, can I come?”
   Rory: “You have your own fun at the Dragonfly Inn tomorrow,”
   Lorelai sarcastically: “Oh yeah; watching Michel bicker at the guests and Sookie breaking something… what joy of fun,”
   Rory: “Mom, the Dragonfly needs you there more than I do here,”
   Lorelai: “You’re really trying to get rid of me, aren’t you?”
   Rory: “No…. yes. Sorry Mom but I do have to get used to dealing with things on my own and you have your own things in Stars Hollow to take care of. I’ll try to be there as often as I can and you’re welcome to be here as often as you can but I have to spend some time being an independent woman,”
   Lorelai: “Okay Sylvia Plath you don’t have to throw your head in the oven to get away from me… I get it. I’ll leave you be. I’ll leave the rest of your stuff by the door. By the way, your father called last night, I gave him your telephone number and I told him all about you moving here. He moved to New Jersey a couple of months ago but he’s close enough where I think he might want to stop by occasionally,”
   Rory: “Oh… I would like that,”
   They hugged and Lorelai stepped back.
   Lorelai: “Bye Lina, take care of her,”
   Lina: “Like she was my long lost twin sister,”
   Lorelai laughed.
   Lorelai: “Bye Rory. Say hello to Annie Saxton for me,”
   Rory: “Sure, then it would be Plath and Saxton together again but as ghosts,”
   Lorelai: “In that case you might want to get in contact with Robert Frost, too,”

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
PyramidHead316
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

The Evil Lurking in Stars Hollow

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2007, 05:50:00 am »

I usually don’t post challenges on fanfic sites or forums. However, I wasn’t sure where else to put this, and this seemed like an appropriate topic thread. Hopefully someone will take up.

I’ve seen hundreds, perhaps thousands of romances between every Rory and every possible character on sites like ff.net. Dean, Jess, Tristin, Logan… even a few crossovers with others shows. Usually the stories are dramatic and feature a long struggle between one of Rory’s ex’s and the person she’s destined to be with, or the family problems that come when she’s dating someone like Tristin or Logan, the issues Lorelai has with accepting Rory’s choice, or the problems that Rory and her suitor make for themselves.

But what I haven’t seen yet is a story where Rory has become blatantly opposed to a relationship. A story where, due to all the drama and heartache that her former boyfriends have put her through, Rory literally gives up on having any chance at romance. And why shouldn’t she? After all the mess that Dean and Jess put her through in seasons 2 and 3, why shouldn’t she be disillusioned with the idea of love? It’s not as if love is a mandatory thing for a person. There’s no rule that says she has to meet someone eventually and develop a relationship that lasts. Which is why it astounds me that no one has tried this approach before: a fic where, instead of Rory actively pursuing a relationship with someone like Tristin or Logan, she resists it for a very long time because of what those past experiences did to her.

There have been a few stories that have been *somewhat* similar to that. But usually they don’t explore the concept to its fullest potential. Rory meets whoever is going to be her suitor, and though she resists at first, she eventually ends up falling for him, maybe even within a few chapters. That’s not the same thing, since I want Rory to go through an extended scenario of being single.

So, here’s the challenge: have Rory in a situation where the ‘fairytale romance’ almost doesn’t happen. Have Rory meet or get close to whoever is going to be her love interest (Tristin, Logan, or a reformed Jess, if that’s what you prefer) and they seem to hit it off at first. If it’s someone new, they could become friends within several chapters. If it’s someone Rory already knows, then they could become a little closer than they are at first. It’s only when the other person tries to move past friendship that problems begin to arise.

Perhaps the story could start with Rory making a vow at the end of season 3 or the beginning of season 4 not to let herself fall in love again. She’s tired of the drama and tired of boys walking all over her one time after another. Lorelai doesn’t believe she’s serious, of course. She expects her daughter to bounce back after the break-up. But after a while, it becomes clear that this is more than your typical angst. Rory is now completely devoted to her schoolwork and the newspaper, and it becomes obvious that she is not going to bounce back from this slump without some help. When she grows closer to someone who could make her happy, Lorelai and the others grow hopeful that Rory is starting to embrace the idea of a relationship again. But then Rory shocks everyone by denying herself the chance at happiness, out of fear that she’s going to get hurt again. She could go so far as to break off the friendship with that person, just so she doesn’t have to see them again.

The potential for drama in this situation is endless. There are so many different issues Rory and the gang would have to deal with. Her friends might be concerned at what they see as her becoming a workaholic who doesn’t know how to enjoy life. Lorelai might be upset that Rory is throwing away what has taken her so much trouble to find: a lasting relationship with someone that makes her happy. If Rory’s former boyfriend shows up and realizes what he’s done, he might be disturbed by what’s happened to Rory and try to put things right. Unfortunately it’s too late to fix things on his part, and he might actually make the situation worse. Rory’s grandparents are also an issue. Although Richard appreciates his granddaughter being concentrated on her education, he might be unsettled by her disconnecting from any kind of social life. Emily would be accepting at first, but then she sees all her dreams of Rory’s wedding going away as Rory turns down boy after boy Emily introduces to her, quite aggressively sometimes, always insisting she doesn’t need a relationship. In seeing this behavior from her granddaughter, Emily might be afraid that Rory’s going down Lorelai’s path of not finding someone to settle down with.

And then there’s Rory herself. Who knows? She might even be happy living only for school and the paper, which doesn’t sit well with everyone, especially Lorelai. It sure wouldn’t sit well with Emily, who feels Rory has to have a man in order to be happy.

Those are only suggestions, of course. But the spirit should be the same. The point is to have a story where Rory doesn’t fall in love with someone and then struggles to maintain that relationship. Instead, she struggles to even fall in love in the first place, resisting it until the very end when it’s almost too late for the couple. Be creative with scenario. The suggestion of setting it after season 3 is just that: a suggestion. You could have it after season 7, when Rory has graduated from Yale. Or you could do an alternate scenario where Rory did go to Yale and graduate, but never dated Logan or never even met Tristin.

In other words, use your imagination! I’ve seen stories where Rory is working at some newspaper after graduating and has become rather soured on relationships. But then she meets the new boss (usually Logan or Tristin), and whether they’ve met before or not, ends up falling for him in a few chapters. Come on! Not that those stories don’t have their place, but let’s see something different for once.

Why don’t I write the story? Well, because I’m not sure I could do it justice. One, I’m already busy with several major stories for other fandoms. Two, I have a fairly good grasp on the characters, but only in terms of discussion. I’m not sure how well that would translate to writing. I know for certain I’d have trouble writing Lorelai, which might be crippling as she’s a central part of the story. She’s so witty and full of references, I wouldn’t want to screw that up. I don’t have what it takes to write a long and dramatic GG fic, but I know a lot of other writers do, which is why I’m hoping someone would take me up on this challenge.

If it sounds too complicated, just think of it this way: write a Rory who’s burned out on relationships and resists falling in love until she almost loses that person. Simple, huh?

Java Junkie/Rogan fan
JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 08:21:06 pm »

I've updated my Season 8 Fanfiction under my author name: "linalon" with chapter 4. Here's a summary of what happens in this chapter...

Episode 4: “Moving On”- Lorelai takes a drastic step to move up a step with Luke. Rory has been reeling ever since she got a call from Logan. When Rory is supposed to meet up for a special diner with Luke and Lorelai; she goes to a rave party without calling. She and Lina meet up with two guys.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3557098/4/Season_8_is_Great

Here's a sample...

It was later that night when Rory entered her apartment for the night. She was greeted by Lina.
   Lina: “Hey, what’s up Roomy? Are you done for the night?”
   Rory: “Finally. I can see you have dinner going,”
   Lina: “Of course, I was anticipating your arrival… that and I was hungry,”
   Rory: “Great I’m starving,”
   Lina: “Even after all those cookies you ate?”
   Rory laughed: “Yes,”
   Lina: “I’ve got to say I never expected Ian to do anything like that but then again if I was him; I’d give you all the money I had to bailing me out of getting fired like that,”
   Rory: “It wasn’t like that, I would’ve done it for anyone,”
   Lina: “Yeah but that’s small town thinking. In big town like this; a lot of people are out for #1 and wouldn’t have defended you like that,”
   Rory: “However, big cities are big on respect and sophistication… I proved that I have those today,”
   Lina: “True. Okay, so in celebration I did some digging and got tickets to the best place tomorrow night,”
   Rory: “Really, where?”
   Lina: “A rave club in Dorchester,”
   Rory had to let that sink in for a minute. She was about to spat out her “no” explanations when her cell phone suddenly rang.
   Rory checked who was calling.
   Rory: “Oh wait, I’ve got to take this call,”
   Lina: “Okay,”
   Rory picked up her cell phone and brought it to her ear.
   Rory: “Hello? Luke, why are you calling?”
   Luke sat in the storage room of the diner.
   Luke: “Things have been a little crazy here all of sudden,”
   Rory: “That’s not unusual but I’m getting the feeling I should ask; “like what?”
   Luke: “Like your mother moved me out of my apartment and into her house,”
   Rory started laughing hysterically.
   Rory: “No way! Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I MISSED that!”
   Luke: “Yeah well, that’s not the end of it,”
   Rory: “What does that mean?”
   Luke: “Um, well.,. I called you because I’m taking your mother to a special dinner tomorrow night sort of to celebrate…and ask her to marry me,”
   Luke was looking at the engagement ring he had in his hand.
   Rory nearly squealed: “Seriously, that’s GREAT! I can’t believe it! Mom moves you out and you ask her to marry you… she should’ve done it years ago!”
   Luke: “Yeah, yeah, yeah,”
   Rory: “I HAVE to be there!”
   Luke: “Which brings the real reason behind this call. Would you be able to make it to the special diner tomorrow night?”
   Rory looked over at Lina who held up the tickets to the rave.
   Rory: “You’re doing me a favor right now Luke, you have NO idea how. I’ll be there with bells on,”
   Luke: “It would be annoying but at least I would know when you’d arrive,”
   Rory: “Okay, I’ll be there then! Send me the directions tomorrow morning,”
   Luke: “I’ll leave it on your apartment answering machine,”
   Rory: “Thanks Luke,”
   Luke: “I wouldn’t want this to go any other way,”
   Rory: “Luke, I’m so happy for you two; I just want everything to be perfect!”
   Luke: “I’m working on that,”
   Rory: “Night Luke,”
   Luke: “Night Rory,”
   Rory hung up and turned to Lina.
   Rory: “Gee Lina, sorry but I can’t go to the rave with you tomorrow night… Luke is going to propose to my mother and I have to be there,”
   Lina: “Okay but you don’t know what you’re missing…”
   Rory: “Oh, I think I do,”

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2007, 10:08:31 pm »

Does anyone have any literati Fanfictions?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2007, 10:59:40 pm »

I just found this thread here. I've been reading fanfics on fanfic.net for months now. Obsessedwithgg, I didn't know you were Henantz! I'm reading several of your stories. I love Coming Around! I haven't registered at fanfic but I read the stories. I would really love to write some but I have no clue how to do that or post them. Maybe someone could help me? I've got some great ideas and I'm a really good writer. I used to write short stories back in the stoneage when we used this thing called a pen on paper. Alright I'm 43 but I'll figure out how to work a computer yet! Lol. So if one of you more experienced computer types can walk me through it step by step, I'd love to write and post fanfics. The GG withdrawals are killing me! Well I'm off to read some more fics. Have  a great day!  Grin Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2007, 06:53:41 pm »

I just found this thread here. I've been reading fanfics on fanfic.net for months now. Obsessedwithgg, I didn't know you were Henantz! I'm reading several of your stories. I love Coming Around! I haven't registered at fanfic but I read the stories. I would really love to write some but I have no clue how to do that or post them. Maybe someone could help me? I've got some great ideas and I'm a really good writer. I used to write short stories back in the stoneage when we used this thing called a pen on paper. Alright I'm 43 but I'll figure out how to work a computer yet! Lol. So if one of you more experienced computer types can walk me through it step by step, I'd love to write and post fanfics. The GG withdrawals are killing me! Well I'm off to read some more fics. Have a great day! Grin Lori

Well I once added a two chapter fic, and it was pretty simple.
First, you have to join the site.
Then after you are logged in and everything, you should see your profile.
Find the link on the left hand side that says "Documents" and you can upload your story in there.
PM me if that doesn't make sense.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2007, 01:09:57 am »

I finally did it. It took me forever because of glitches but after uploading firefox and using that instead of internet explorer, I was finally able to post my first Gilmore Girls story. It's called "A Mother's Hope" and my pen name is the same  as it is here, Loridhhp, so please go to Fanfiction.net and read my story and review and let me know if you like it. It starts kind of light and fun like a typical GG episode but then it's going to get very dramatic in chapter three. By the time it's finished you will be filled with warm fuzzies and cheering for our girls. It's primarily Lorelai, Rory and Emily centered and spiritual without being religious if that makes any sense. It's more about life lessons and growth through the pain, kind of like Gilmore Girls learn "The Secret". I hope everyone likes it because I'm very proud of this story.

Have a great day! Grin Lori

Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2007, 10:52:25 am »

Lori- can you give us the link to your story?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2007, 07:48:41 pm »

Here's the link to my story.www.fanfiction.net/s/3764695/1/A_Mothers_Hope Please read and review. I hope everyone likes it. It's been so ridiculously hot lately that I haven't started chapter three yet but I will. That's where it starts to get very angsty and all the drama begins.

Have a great day! Grin Lori

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:27 pm »

I'm reading the first chapter now. It's awesome so far! Pretty stick! Can you PM me when the next chapter is up?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: