GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 07, 2021, 08:26:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: GG Fanfiction - Where dreams come true!  (Read 91721 times)
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2007, 08:07:46 am »

Oh I like it!!!
We actually already have thread like this.  Go on by and post you work in there (more people will be able to see it and appreciate it)

Check it out: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=2435.0

Also, please do not double post. It is really frowned upon around here.  Please read our rules: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6893.0

Welcome to the ORG

My New Website
misskitten
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 03:59:34 pm »

Seriously, how do so many of you managed to stumble over icky pairings on ff.net? I just don't get it. If you look up on the little bar above the fanfic list you can choose from two dropdown lists which two people you want the fic to be about. It's real easy. That's the first thing I do whenever I go on ff.net, I pick Luke and Lorelai and click "go" and voila, the fanfic list is filtered to fics specified to be about Luke and Lorelai.

With BWR I have a couple of personal issues. First off the reasons the give when they refuse fanfics I've heard many of them and experienced a couple (the same fics that BWR has refused have gotten a great deal of fave's and subscribers at ff.net, not to mention hits and reviews, last time I checked I had over 150,000 hits and 1400 reviews on one of them). The archive contains a great deal of good stuff, but I've come across a lot of bad there too, so you have to search for the gold there as you have to everywhere else on the web. So by all means, search for fics there, but do remember that there are several amazing stories that isn't archived there. One of my favorite fanfic-writers is not to be found at BWR.

There's a new archive coming, that some writers have been invited to join the beta-testing of that will be opening soon called Fanlib. It's kinda like a mixture between ff.net and LJ, only with a lot of other features as well. I really like it and I really recommend people to join once it opens for the public.

Bottom line, don't just stick to one archive, try and search all of them. Some stories are just posted on BWR, some are just on ff.net and some are on both.
oiwiththepoodles12
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 04:08:08 pm »

Hey I'm catie  Grin I am new here and i've posted a fanfic but someone must have deleted it because i can't find it! I personly think fanfics r great! keep the thread going!
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2007, 04:45:01 pm »

It probably got merged into this thread somewhere.  You really need to read the rules of this board.  I have posted them in the threads you have opened.

PLEASE read the rules

My New Website
jessrory4evr938
Town Selectman

Community Points: 436

I feel like I was born for Devastation and Reform

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2007, 04:53:31 pm »

My link-http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1157697/

I only have 3 Gilmore Girls stories and several others in other fandoms. All my Gilmore Girls are Literati. (is there anything else to write about?) Please read!

If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are. <3
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2007, 01:19:42 am »

Oh great I can post my fanfic links here! First off I have lots of Gg fanfics on Ff.Net for GG under the author name: "linalon". The one fanfic I'm most proud of is my Season 7 fic I really want to add the newest episode soon but work and personal issues has taken up most of my time so I haven't been able to finish it but for now I have the previous episodes here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3063949/1/

It's written in a combination of script/story form. You see I'm mainly a story writer but I use script form for the dialougs because it's easier and quicker. I use story form to give descriptions of scenes as I have them in my head so hopefully people can see it in their heads too. The episodes are long because I tried to get them as close to actual episodes of the show as I could. I'm mainly a L/L, R/L fan so those are the focused pairings. I sugguest printing the episodes and reading at your convinience. I work very hard with these episode with all my heart, soul, lungs, etc.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2007, 02:50:52 pm »

I'm writing a Luke/Lorelai fan fic right now. I'll post it when I'm done.

juststandstilll
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2007, 03:05:23 pm »

I'm writing on Fanfic a JavaJunkie story. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3477361/1/
JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2007, 08:21:49 pm »

Hey, I FINALLY fisnished that boat fanfic I had mentioned before somewhere! It has taken me forever but it's worth it! Here's a summary of my newest episode of my version of Season 7:

Episode 17: “Jealousy Can Even Sink a Boat”- Lorelai who's about 4 or 5 months pregant overworks herself to the point of exhaustion, which forces Mike Armstrong to call Luke. Luke just finished his father’s boat and asks April to take the first plunge but when Luke gets the phone call from Mike, he decides to take Lorelai with him instead. April starts feeling jealous so much so that while they go to work, April inspects the boat… and pulls the plug, almost literally. Lorelai who’s instincts are telling her about April, decides to back out to let April and Luke go by themselves. As the boat sits in the middle of the lake, water starts to enter the boat. Meanwhile, Rory goes on her interview with the new station in Boston.

Here's a quick sneak peak with one of my favorite scenes and it happens to involve Kirk...
As Lorelai walked down the street she noticed a truck parked with a motorboat in tow. Kirk was making sure the boat was secure.
   Lorelai: “Kirk, what are you doing with a speed boat?”
   Kirk: “Well Taylor has me in charge of taking boats to the lake in Litchfield in preparation for the Boat Safety Seminar and he’s paying me so I can’t say no,”
   Lorelai: “Kirk, please take me with you!”
   Kirk: “I have a wife,”
   Lorelai: “Yes I KNOW that I’m married too! I have no intentions of cheating with you! I need to get to the lake in Litchfield and I need a boat!”
   Kirk: “Really, what for?”
   Lorelai: “Luke and April took his boat out to the lake. I found a piece that might be missing from the boat and they could be in serious trouble. So please ditch the geek costume, turn into Superman and help me out over here!”
   Kirk thought about it for a second then replied with: “Really? I always thought I was more of a Spiderman,”
Lorelai in exasperation: “FINE, you’re Spiderman… now are you going to help me or not?”
Kirk threw a fist in the air and declared: “Spiderman to the rescue!”
He then accidenly punched himself in the face. While he rubbed his face in pain, Lorelai scrambled to the passenger door. When she got inside she honked the horn, scaring Kirk out of it and he ran to the driver’s door.

If you have missed previous episodes I encourage you to read them but if not then I put a summary of the episodes on the bottom of each chapter. So you can at least read those and get an idea of what has been going on.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3063949/12/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:35:30 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2007, 05:12:14 pm »

Okay, so over the last few days I've been reading some fanfictions, and have to say that I'm now hooked.  I actually might trying writing one of my own.  Though, I've haven't written anything in awhile, but with Luke and Lorelai I get inspired.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2007, 09:11:07 pm »

I write fanfic on ff.net under the penname ibreak4CSI.  I've written a few Luke/Lorelai fics (with one currently in progress) and a few Rory/Jess oneshots.  My link is http://www.fanfiction.net/~ibreak4csi.  Drop by if you like, and reviews are to me like coffee is to Lorelai!  Cheesy

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2007, 10:00:01 pm »

It's good to have found this thread! I'm gonna read some of your stories in between voting at teavee.com!  Thanks for sharing your stories everybody!! Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show to let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

JillianLovesFood

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2007, 01:01:26 am »

I felt so upset and depressed about the recent news on no 8th season that I couldn’t even THINK about sleeping. So instead I wrote my S7 fanfic the 21st  episode before one I intended to write so I could write my last episode and have it out before the real one ends. It’s my personal race of closure and I feel as if I have to do this. In the episode before this one Richard has his heart attack and I figured that wasn’t as important to get out as my two-parter finale. PS at this part in my story L/L are married and Lorelai is pregnant. Here is the summary....

Episode 21: “Life is a Major Pain”- Emily and Richard discover they are low on money and decide to live in Stars Hollow, much to Lorelai and Luke’s dismay. While Lorelai tries to balance the stress of dealing with them and with the new construction of the Butterfly Inn, she starts to feel pain and worries. She decides to keep it a secret. Meanwhile, Rory organizes herself for the big move to Boston. When she attends the college graduation ceremony an even BIGGER event happens that throws everyone into a panic.

here is a small sample:
Lorelai and Luke exited the house and noticed a large group of townspeople down the block. They took Lorelai’s Jeep to the site and hopped out. They ran up to Miss Patty who was standing there with awe.

Lorelai: “Miss Patty, what is going on here?”
Miss Patty: “Oh some new couple in town are tearing down two houses and going to use the two lots of land to put up one gigantic house,”
Lorelai: “WHAT? Who would be CRAZY enough to pull a stunt like this at five thirty in the morning?!”
“Lorelai! Over here!”

At the sound of the woman’s voice, Lorelai cringed. Luke’s jaw nearly fell to the ground in astonishment. Lorelai had to mentally push herself to look towards the ex-houses to see whom it was that had called out to her.
There, standing before the wreckage were Emily and Richard Gilmore wearing yellow construction hats.

Lorelai: “I’m still asleep, right? This is just a nightmare, right?”
Luke: “Well if this is a nightmare, we’re both sharing the same one,”
Emily: “Lorelai don’t just stand there like the Tin Man, get over here,”

Lorelai heaved a great sigh and then marched up to them.
Lorelai: “Mom, Dad… what are you DOING?! You are disturbing everyone in town!”
Emily: “You don’t have to yell at us like this,”
Lorelai: “It’s five thirty in the morning! I have to go to work in an hour… I would LIKE to use up any extra Z time while I can, so does everyone else in town!”
Richard: “If anyone in this town had any real business sense they would get up at this time. If they are sleeping while this construction is going on then it’s certainly not our problem,”
Lorelai: “Don’t you have to get a PERMIT for blowing up two houses at five thirty in the morning?”
Emily: “Lorelai don’t be absurd, we did not blow up the houses and of course we got a permit for this. That man…. Um, Taylor I think it was… signed the papers,”
Lorelai clenched her fists mumbling: “He would…”

Just then Kirk came by wearing a yellow hard hat and pretty covered with dirt.
Kirk: “Okay, the houses have been demolished successfully,”

Lorelai nearly choked.
Lorelai: “YOU? YOU’RE the contractor? You tore down the two houses and you are going to build the new one?!”
Kirk: “I would LOVE to but unfortunately no one would give me a license to do that, I’m afraid. Can’t figure out why. BUT I am the assistant to one,”

Kirk pointed over to TJ who held a huge architect outline map in his hands. Richard walked over to him and pointed things from the map to where the house would be.
Lorelai nearly fell over in shock.

Lorelai: “TJ?! You two are having your construction done by a Village People’s reject like TJ?”
Emily shot Lorelai a glare.
Emily: “I most certainly did not. He must be qualified enough if he has a license,” (yeah, by this time TJ finally passed his test and now has a license in my story… scary, huh?)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3063949/14/

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:13:02 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2007, 07:15:21 am »

Although FF.net as some freaky pairings e.g Rory and Luke or Jess and Lane(soooo wrong!) I'm a user on there I've only written Literati fics so far but I might start writing Java Junkie one's too. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1210716/ if you read one of my stories please leave a review they keep me writing!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
snowfalkes21
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2007, 09:02:23 am »

Hi, I'm a little new to this board well i made the proflie on april 28 but havent had my internet fix till last night anyways so i  was just wondering  is there a section for fan fiction story to be posted or  to read them??? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: