GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 06:04:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES itís about time. Iím so watching season 7.
LL apart; well Iíll watch it till they get back together but I wonít be loviní it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT IíVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I donít care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. Iím boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I wonít be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 413
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 1542928 times)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #6045 on: May 10, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »

*tosses bottle of Vodka*  I'm buying a couple of cases of the stuff, and if I have any left over, I'll distribute them after the fact.  Because I fully believe whatever mention they had (haven't watched) will most likely be the only one of Logan. 

I also have some amphetamines if you think being hyped up will help. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
mo-gilmore
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

first crush: Lorelai

View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: May 10, 2007, 06:25:56 pm »

I am really disappointed in that there doesn't seem to be any real good closure between Lorelai and Emily.† The series was called the gilmore girls and I don't think it was just lorelai and rory, emily was a big component and that relationship between lorelai and emiliy was its own entity so much throughout the series and I would have liked to see them connect and grow together a liitle more.† It seemed it was going that way last season when emily was buying a house for Lorelai and Luke but this year they really didn't touch it too much.  It was a nice touch with richard telling lorelai to enjoy the graduation.
Any news if R/E will be in the series finale?  Maybe if Luke gets them to come to the party, that would be a nice touch that they are in the finale
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:27:40 pm by mo-gilmore » Logged
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6047 on: May 10, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »

How the hell can we have Lorelai saying she thinks she's over it and then tie up all the damn loose ends. She goes from saying "oh i think it's over" and then they're gonna kiss! For goodness sake, did they have to do it like that. Make your mind up woman!

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: May 10, 2007, 08:55:16 pm »

A few (more) things that have been bothering me--

-The lack of closure between Lorelai and Emily.  Oh, there will be a "touching" scene, no doubt.  But she IS one of the Gilmore Girls.  However, during these past two episodes, she's merely been swooning over Rory/Logan babies and singing.  That's not how she deserves to be treated by the writers as the show ends.

-I hate the writers for being so enamored with Luke/Lorelai tension.  This goes for the entire show.  Because you know what?  You leave in too much tension, and then BAM -- show ends.  Yeah, tension is great filler but provides sloppy closure.  Where they get off thinking that Java Junkies absolutely hate seing their favorite Gilmore couple happy and in love, and would much rather prefer them awkward around each other...I have no idea.  Logan and Rory's closure sucked -- obviously.  But at least R/L shippers had two concrete seasons of them together.  Grr.

-All those stupid red herrings concerning Luke and Lorelai getting back together -- I hope that's the right phrase.  I just watched the director's cut and in this, the LAST episode, Lorelai is still "ehhh, I don't know about Luke.  I guess we're over."  WTF.  Ok, we KNOW they get back together.  Even if you're not a spoiler junkie, if you stuck around for the promo on Tuesday, you know there's a kiss.  So what do we do mid-episode?  Oh yeah, we have Lorelai STILL unsure.  Oh give me a break.  This goes back to tension.  Just....ahhh!  Get back together, damn it!  Stop dancing around the issue!  I'm so freakin' tired of tension...and I'm mad this is the series finale and this is ALL I get...man, I just want to throw something. 

-I know Lauren said that she thought it absolutely atrocious if the show ended with a wedding, but Lorelai getting married HAS been a big issue during the past 7 seasons.  She ran away from Max, she actually got hitched with Chris after a few DOZEN proposals over the years, and this whole Luke...thing has been simmering for a good 2 seasons now.  But if you remember from...God, it must have been the second season after she ran away from Max...Emily said that she'd have to put away the wedding present she bought for Lorelai.  Lorelai was DYING to know what it was, but Emily simply said "Well, if you ever get married, I'll give it to you."  From that statement alone, I don't think ASP was planning on Lorelai and Christopher ever getting married.  I think if Lorelai ever did walk down the aisle, it would be for good.  And it would be with Luke.  Duh.  Anyway, I don't think that goofy man-wolf drawing was "the gift" that Emily picked out alllll those years ago (hence the reason I don't think ASP planned on a L/C marriage).  And don't you underestimate ASP -- she was smart and she mapped out this show from the first episode.  Go back and watch.  You'll see it.  But now, even IF Luke and Lorelai's kiss set them on the path to marriage....there won't BE a marriage.  And we'll never know what the gift was.  Great job Rosenthal.  Great f*cking job.  Again, L/C marriage screwed everything up.

-One last thing.  No actual marriage ceremony = NO CHUPPA.  Ahhhhh!!!!!!!  The scene...with Luke and Lorelai...under the chuppa....FORESHADOWING!  But no.  None of these loose ends are tied up.  This finale is sloppy and a SHAM. 

...Oh I am so MAD now.  Look what I made myself do.

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.† Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: May 10, 2007, 10:50:48 pm »

On Tuesday, May 8, KTLA interrupted episodes of Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars in order to bring Los Angeles viewers live breaking news coverage of the wildfire burning in Griffith Park.

The interrupted episodes will be rebroadcast in their entirety on Saturday, May 12. The schedule is as follows:

8:00 p.m.: Gilmore Girls
9:00 p.m. Veronica Mars

We appreciate your patience in this situation and thank you for your loyalty to the shows. Enjoy!
onaplain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: May 11, 2007, 12:14:36 am »

What were ASP's "Original Final Words" b/w L and R that everyone's talking about going to be?  U think they will use them?  Huh Embarrassed
barby_BK
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: May 11, 2007, 12:45:04 am »

extended promo is up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPKn992npk

it shows rory thanking lorelai on her party, Emily, Richard, Liz and Lane are also there, later on (when it's already dark) lorelai saying she'll be back to rory ang going towards Luke, then they kiss. I remember somebody on televisionwithoutpity said that the director's cut was a teaser.
Anyway, I think Lorelai knows she still loves Luke but she thinks he is over her because he was freezing her out in 7.21 while she was hoping he would reciprocate. When she sees that he had been up all night planning rory's party (and he says he just likes to see her happy), she knows he loves her too and kisses him. In the DC Lorelai says she needs someone who can show her how he feels, later on she gets Luke showing her how he feels and she knows that is it, it's alright. This is Luke's moment.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:51:25 am by barby_BK » Logged
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: May 11, 2007, 02:36:53 am »

Star Lovelylaura, I APPLAUD your post.  Nod Great rant, it saves me the trouble of re-writing my frustrations, much of which are the same. I share your rage, and you reminded me of more things to rage about.

Emily and Lorelai have a "touching moment" ........puhleeasse! They have had years of touching moments. Remember when Digger canceled Emily's elegant party, how open and vulnerable Emily became, how fiercely protective Lorelai became? A great moment, just off of the top of my head. It would have been better had the last scene between them be Emily offering to buy the house for Lorelai and Luke, that was true acceptance, one of the things Lorelai craves most from her mother. Both Emily and Richard have been reduced to comic relief lately. Not a good ending.

ASP did have a plan, and there was foreshadowing, and that is why I love(d) the show so much.

Things we'll never see:
* The chuppa (it would have figured in their wedding somehow)
* The original wedding gift from Emily
* Mr. Kim

... not that I thought we'd ever see Mr. Kim, but I needed a little levity.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: May 12, 2007, 07:00:43 am »

I really liked the extended promo. I'm so happy Emily and Richard are there. I can but can't wait!!!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6054 on: May 12, 2007, 07:09:57 am »

I think the DC is the first scene of the episode, before the credits and all that.  (At least, that is how I have it planned out in my head.)  My reasoning...witht he whole think between Luke and Lorelai last week, I can (sorta-kinda) see where she's coming from with the whole "I think we may be over..." that and I think that she's trying to cheer up Rory, (duh!)  Though, later, in the episode, when she's talking to Sookie and she realizes what he's done for her and Rory with the whole party thing she obviously decides it's not over.  (Hello, kiss.)  But, dear god, thankfully we know that is not the end of the episode, if there were to leave it there, I would fully revolt, but we know that there is the final scene in the diner with Lorelai and Rory, so...maybe we'll get more closure than we're expecting.  (I still have my doubts, but at this point I'm trying to be optimistic.  I would LOVE the show to come back for another season though...that would be ten times better!)

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: May 12, 2007, 08:30:09 am »

How the hell can we have Lorelai saying she thinks she's over it and then tie up all the damn loose ends. She goes from saying "oh i think it's over" and then they're gonna kiss! For goodness sake, did they have to do it like that. Make your mind up woman!

Well I think that the reason she was saying that was to make Rory feel better....We all know, and she knows, that she isn't over it.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
barby_BK
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: May 12, 2007, 11:37:21 am »

The last GG interview with Scott Patterson by Ausiello on fanforum:
http://www.fanforum.com/15583709-post199.html

he is not happy with the way LL story was wrapped, he says he liked working with Lauren but missed ASP this season, he also liked the April storyline.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: May 12, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

The fact that he wasn't satisfied about the way Luke and Lorelai wrapped up scares me. Lauren and Scott both have completely different attitudes towards the LL thing and I don't know who to believe. I want to believe Lauren because she thought it was a good wrap up, but she's never been to hot on the LL relationship. God, this is going to bug me.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6058 on: May 12, 2007, 06:09:03 pm »

^ I agree.
I'm worried that we're going to be left wanting more and it will hit us again that that's all we're going to get.  Sad

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: May 12, 2007, 10:30:10 pm »

Well, I'm going to go with Scott on this one.  I mean, I love Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore buuuuuuut........

Scott Patterson is hot.   Wink

Plus, I think he hit the nail on the head in the interview.  I mean, this definately leaves the rest of the L/L relationship up to our imagination (uh, what other choice do we have?), but he's not satisfied.  He's right.  There IS more life in it.

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.† Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 413
  Print  

Jump to: