GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 04:39:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES itís about time. Iím so watching season 7.
LL apart; well Iíll watch it till they get back together but I wonít be loviní it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT IíVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I donít care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. Iím boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I wonít be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 413
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 1669173 times)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: February 15, 2007, 10:21:23 am »

From fanforum:
TUESDAY, MARCH 6 "GILMORE GIRLS"
"Gilmore Girls Only"

LORELAI, RORY AND EMILY TAKE A ROAD TRIP - Lorelai plans a road trip to North Carolina to attend the wedding of Mia (guest star Kathy Baker), the woman who took in Lorelai and Rory (Alexis Bledel) and served as a surrogate mother/grandmother for many years.

Rory has a fight with Logan over his immature reaction to his business disaster, and agrees to go on the trip with Lorelai. Emily invites herself along in an effort to get away from Richard, who is driving her crazy while he recuperates at home.

At the wedding, Emily is upset by the close relationship Mia shares with Lorelai and Rory. Lorelai learns that Emily came to see Mia five years earlier to ask for pictures of Lorelai and Rory during the years they were estranged. Logan makes a surprise appearance and asks Rory to forgive him. Meanwhile, Lane and Zach ask Luke to be the godfather to their twins. Finally, Lane goes into labor and Luke helps get everyone to the hospital.

Okay, so Logan comes and asks Rory to forgive him for spending some time in Vegas.  Is the apology before the road trip and she says no and goes?  Or does he surprise her at Mia's wedding?  And, hopefully before or after the ceremony, not during.  And, whenever he comes, taking a trip, especially when you tell your girlfriend beforehand, even if it is an immature reaction, is hardly an unforgivable sin.  Rory would have to be a stone cold, well, you know, not to forgive him.  I mean, it seems like she must after some time, what with Logan in Stars Hollow a few episodes later.  Unless he's still there asking to be forgiven (stone cold, I tell you, if he still needs to be forgiven for the Vegas trip after all that time) and since he's there he gets pulled in to the festival.  But, he seems a happy participant from the sides.  Argh, who knows?  And, from the evil spoiler, there are the ominous "further actions" so even if they make up in Gilmore Girl's Only, who's to say something else won't happen, they fight, make up, fight, make up, again and again, until Rory decides to call the whole thing off? 

This sounds like Rory and Emily are parallel.  Speculation, but Emily probably thinks Richard is being immature (maybe he's not following a diet regimen, or complaining about being at home, or just acting like he did in Richard in Stars Hollow).

And, we probably won't get any episode descriptions for episodes after Hay, Bale, Maze (aka Logan in Stars Hollow) for awhile, since I think that episode is after the hiatus.  Which means I'll be in suspense waiting for the sword to drop.  I can't take this.  I've bitten my nails so far, I have no more arms!!

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: February 15, 2007, 10:32:03 am »

Hmm, I think that he comes to the wedding (better not be during the ceremony!!) to surprise and apologize not before she leaves.  But, does he even end up going to Vegas?  The spoilers weíve had say that sheís upset that heís planning a trip to Vegas with the boys to blow off steam.  Never have they actually said that he goesÖ
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: February 15, 2007, 10:47:52 am »

Hmm, I think that he comes to the wedding (better not be during the ceremony!!) to surprise and apologize not before she leaves.† But, does he even end up going to Vegas?† The spoilers weíve had say that sheís upset that heís planning a trip to Vegas with the boys to blow off steam.† Never have they actually said that he goesÖ

I guess the trip depends on how much time passes between the episode before and this one.  If there are a lot of days between, that would give Logan time to go to Vegas, gamble some money, and then think and realize what he's doing and leave to see Rory.  If it's a shorter time frame, then he might not go but instead immediately find Rory and tell her that she was right.  I'm so confused.  On the one hand, if he even knows where Rory is, she couldn't have left in too much of a huff, and they seem to be following the rule of letting each other know where they are, even if they're mad.  Sounds sort of like how they were when Logan let out the Marty secret.  She knew he was going back to New York.  And, it sounds like everything is okay in the next episode.  (Which, unless we hear her forgive him in this one, will seem to a lot of non spoiled people like they have broken up because this is the last episode before the show goes on hiatus)  Someone said maybe the person who said they were broken up didn't look at the script for the next episode, and interpreted a fight as a break up.  But, there's those words again.  Further actions.  Gah!  Don't be coy, spoiler-people.  Further actions is so vague.  There are 5 episodes after Hay, Bale, Maze where he could be doing awful further actions. 

*beats head*  I need an intervention.  Rory and Logan do not exist.  The world will not grind to a stop if the writers are stupid.  *breathes into paper bag*

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
bethany
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:10 am »

I think that before the episode he goes, and Rory isn't happy that he went. So Rory goes to the wedding, and Logan meets her there begging for forgivenes...again.

Thanks to Simply Cynical for the sig!
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:42 am »

I cna't believe that we have to wait SIX WEEKS to get to the Hay festival episode! That completely sucks! I dont' want to wait for six long weeks!!!!! †Cry

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4790 on: February 15, 2007, 10:58:47 am »

I agree Ashlee.

Also Mia just seems to pop in at weird times.  I dont know much about her because she wasnt in the episodes enough.  But this has intrigued me to go back to that episode in season 2 or 3 to see if she has a wedding ring on when she visits stars hollow

My New Website
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: February 15, 2007, 11:17:48 am »

I agree Ashlee.

Also Mia just seems to pop in at weird times. I dont know much about her because she wasnt in the episodes enough. But this has intrigued me to go back to that episode in season 2 or 3 to see if she has a wedding ring on when she visits stars hollow

I know Amber!! I was just thinking that I need to go back to watch season 2 and 3 and look for a ring. I'm a little confused, and I'll risk sounding really dumb. When they say that Mia served as a surrogate mother/grandmother... they only mean that Mia was very close and was *like* Lorelai's and Rory's mother/grandmother, right? It didn't mean that she carried Lorelai for Emily?? I know that it sounds stupid, but now that I think on it... I'm confused.

Do you remember why exactly Mia popped in the last time? Was it just to visit, or what? I can't remember?

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: February 15, 2007, 11:20:43 am »

Wasnít the reason she popped in during Season 2 because her husband had passed away and she was debating selling the Independence which also happened to be the time Lorelai told her she was thinking about opening her own inn?
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4793 on: February 15, 2007, 11:25:37 am »

I know Amber!! I was just thinking that I need to go back to watch season 2 and 3 and look for a ring. I'm a little confused, and I'll risk sounding really dumb. When they say that Mia served as a surrogate mother/grandmother... they only mean that Mia was very close and was *like* Lorelai's and Rory's mother/grandmother, right? It didn't mean that she carried Lorelai for Emily?? I know that it sounds stupid, but now that I think on it... I'm confused.

Do you remember why exactly Mia popped in the last time? Was it just to visit, or what? I can't remember?

I think you are right and don't worry you don't sound stupid.  I think they just misused the word surrogate

Mia popped in just to visit.  I just watched this over the weekend but I went through season 2, 3, and 4 so I don't rememeber which one it was in.  I will certainly try to find it at home

I think it might be in episode      2.08 - The Ins and Outs of Inns

Wasnít the reason she popped in during Season 2 because her husband had passed away and she was debating selling the Independence which also happened to be the time Lorelai told her she was thinking about opening her own inn?

Im not sure if it was ever mentioned that she had r has a husband but I am really curious about this.
Laura are you at home or near by your DVD sets?  try the following episode:      2.08 - The Ins and Outs of Inns
I think the answer to our question is in that episode

My New Website
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: February 15, 2007, 12:22:25 pm »

Iím at work so I canít check the DVDís, but I swear I just watched it on one of the ABC Family reruns a month or so ago...† I checked the episode guide of the ORG and here it is, this is for The Ins and Outs of Inns so youíre right, good thinking.† Thereís more than this too but I didnít want to make this super long, here the link for where it is on the episode guide/transcript: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/eguide/episode208.html.†

MIA: Lorelai, stop. Do you think I was naÔve enough to think that you'd work for me forever? You and Sookie have more talent for this business than I do. And I'm very good. You're going to open an incredible place, and if you don't let me help you in any way I can, then I'll be very mad.
LORELAI: Of course, we need your help. We'd be lost without your help.
MIA: Good. I was just wondering, what's the time frame for this big move?
LORELAI: Well, we're waiting for this perfect location to free up, that's all that's delaying us. But I promise you'll have plenty of notice and I'll be there to find our replacements and train them.
MIA: Oh yes, that's very sweet of you, but I'm wondering if you could possibly make it sooner rather than later?
LORELAI: What?
MIA: Well, you see, your leaving gives me the perfect excuse to finally sell the place.
LORELAI: Sell the place?
MIA: Oh, I get offers all the time, lucrative ones, but I never even considered it because. . . oh, of course I love the inn, but I just couldn't do that to you. And now that you have this big change coming up in your life, it might be time for one in mine.

Apparently I made up the part about a husband!† I could have sworn thatís why she came to town, but she doesnít specifically say why in the beginning of the episode according to the transcript, she makes it seem like it was just for a visit, so right again!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:23:33 pm by laurla205 » Logged
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4795 on: February 15, 2007, 12:26:05 pm »

Laura.  Thank you for posting that.  I will check Mia's hands when I get home for a ring and I will post about it.  I wont leave for another hour, but I promise you all that I will find it

edit:  wait I just found a picture and t looks like there is a wedding ring

what do you guys think?

edit 2:

ok here is another on that looks clearer

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:28:35 pm by PrettyTownSpinster » Logged

My New Website
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: February 15, 2007, 12:44:52 pm »

It looks like the ring is on her middle finger in the second picture, I copied it and blew it up...

I don't have anywhere on the web to save the blown up version so I can post it though† Huh

ETA: Here's part of Mia's son's visit in 3.22 Those Are Strings Pinocchio:

...and the owner's son is walking around with a bunch of men in suits. Sookie doesn't think it's good that John is there. Lorelai convinces them to stop worrying; John is just looking over things to get the inn up and fully running again. Michel and Sookie agree and walk away.

So again, there's full recognition of Mia having a son, but no info on a husband.† Keep us posted on what you find, I'll do some more searching too.

Just a side note, Iím Lauren not Laura, not like youíd know that by my screen name and I donít mind being called Laura, surprisingly I get it a lot (Laura, Laurie, itís all the same), but Iíd feel silly if I didnít correct it. Grin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:00:38 pm by laurla205 » Logged
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4797 on: February 15, 2007, 12:46:05 pm »

Yeah its really weird.  I blew them both up and in the first picture it looks like it is on her ring finger and in the second picture it looks like it is on her middle finger

The mystery continues

My New Website
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: February 15, 2007, 12:49:10 pm »

I definately don't see a ring on her marriage finger in the second pic.

The first one came out too blurry when I blew it up.

I guess that I'll be dying until this episode comes on on March 6. That's a LONG wait! Sad

LovesToRead
« Reply #4799 on: February 15, 2007, 01:11:22 pm »

I posted this in the spoilers thread, but in episode 7.18, it says Lorelai and Luke apologize for what broke them up and she says "I was possessed by some evil spirit when I slept with Christopher."

I saw that and I think my mind must be in the gutter this morning because I exclaimed out loud, to the surprise of all my coworkers, "DIRTY!!"

I hope this means that they are getting back together.  It is at least laying the ground work.  But episode 18 is so late in the game.  We better get a  season 8 if Lorelai and Luke get back together

I don't know if that's what it means.  The quote about being possessed is something Ausiello made up (not a direct quote as has been pointed out a few times).  I think it's certainly laying the ground work for them to find their way back to each other but I think it means something more along the lines of she tells him how upset she was when she went over to Christopher's.

And I'm fairly certain Mia isn't wearing a wedding ring in either of those pics.  She could be a widow, or just a single mom.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 413
  Print  

Jump to: