GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 11:28:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES itís about time. Iím so watching season 7.
LL apart; well Iíll watch it till they get back together but I wonít be loviní it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT IíVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I donít care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. Iím boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I wonít be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 413
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 1647519 times)
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:55 am »

This is what I put on my thoughts for the Epi Discussion thread: Hope this helps:

I really liked this episode, but it wasn't my favorite of the season. It did hit some very good points, though. So, here's what I think:
1. Rory and Logan... wonderful as always. I loved how she wanted to make his birthday the best one yet!
2. Logan... I think that something really bad happened when they were back at the apartment and he got the phone call. I hope that he tells Rory what it's about.
3. Mitchum... what an ass. I hate that he just glossed over what he did to Rory.
4. Paris and Doyle... classic. What more can I say?
5. Christopher... I'm so glad that he's gone and bowed out gracefully. I hope that he took the big screen.
6. Lorelai... so happy that she told Christopher how she really felt, and that she told Emily.
7. Richard... I got really aggravated with him. He just seemed like a whiney-baby. Then again, I would too if I would have to eat fish everyday.
8. Emily... I knew it was too good to be true. She only said comforting things to Loreali because she was drunk and needed help. I'm very upset with her.
9. Sookie... always there to save the day!
10. Lane... will she be in the next episode?? I hope that she has those babies soon!

** This is just me hoping, and I hope that it doesn't offend anyone. I hope that next season Logan and Rory get married and have a baby. I would love to see Logan as a father. I know that it won't because Alexis may not be full time on the show, but I really want them to have a baby.**

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: February 21, 2007, 09:27:38 am »

PrettyTownSpinster bah spoilers!† Itís a shame Iím hooked on them Smiley I had to go back and review the ones for this episode to be sure Iím not thinking something should have happened but really doesnít happen to later (does that make any sense?).† As usual everything in the spoilers happened but one in particular not in the way they it was presented.† Not the way I interpreted it anyway.† I thought that Lorelai would be wasted by the time she told Emily about Christopher but actually Lorelai tells her after both of them have only had one sip out of their respective bottles (no Emily wouldnít let them drink out of bottles, she brought out glasses).† This did not happen at FND but at a later scene at the Gilmore house.† It is still a really nice scene.†

Lorelai sure did see Paris & Doyle doing yoga, funny stuff.†

Hmm, what else.† Mitchum does take R/L out to dinner.† I think thatís all that was said about their scene spoiler-wise.† Roryís birthday celebration was not canceled because of it, just put on hold until after dinner.† But it was interesting and certainly raised some eyebrows.† There were no disasters.† Mitchum very much asked for Roryís help in Ďguidingí Logan.† Well he didnít really ask but insisted.† That played out similar to how I thought it would with the exception that Mitchum put on a kind friendly face towards Rory in order to obtain her agreement and maybe even attempted to bribe her!  Shocked

Iím not really going to comment on the L/L stuff, Iím worn out on them at the moment.† They did not see or talk to each other in this episode.† Lukeís scenes were pretty true to the spoilers.†

The Mitchum/Logan confrontation is on-screen. Later, Logan quits.

They are playing it like he's reckless.† He just ups and quits?† That on top of Vegas?† Oh boy, will it give people who have just been waiting, just been saying "watch, Logan hasn't really changed" ammunition.† Is this one of those further actions?†

I can see this playing out three ways, none that I like.† First, Logan will totally unravel, go completely back to his playboy ways.† Or, he'll be all contrite and realize just how wrong he was and crawl back to Mitchum and maybe they'll play that he never really was interested in the business, just making the best of a bad situation and now he finds out he's trapped.† Or, he'll quit and do something else and it will be a good thing.† And, why is the third option bad?† Because it plays into the idea that Logan staying in the family business was a bad thing, and that a person who disagrees with their parents must do what Lorelai did.† I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Shame on me for not checking back to the ORG between Gilmore Girls and Dirt, canít believe I missed this.† Logan quits!!!!!† †Yikes.† *plugs ears & hums*† Iím staying in my hole of denial.†
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:28:46 am by laurla205 » Logged
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: February 21, 2007, 09:40:53 am »

what do you mean Logan quits?? the show?

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: February 21, 2007, 09:42:35 am »

Quits working for Mitchum!† Dani added it to a post of hers from yesterday.†
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4849 on: February 21, 2007, 09:44:01 am »

PrettyTownSpinster bah spoilers!  Itís a shame Iím hooked on them Smiley I had to go back and review the ones for this episode to be sure Iím not thinking something should have happened but really doesnít happen to later (does that make any sense?). 

Oh yes.  I know exactly what you mean.  I was an episode ahead on thinking about Richard going into the hospital.  It totally messed things up for me that episode.  But its cool

Quits working for Mitchum!  Dani added it to a post of hers from yesterday. 

Oh wow.  when does he quit?

My New Website
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: February 21, 2007, 09:47:23 am »

Yup, 7.17 Gilmore Girls Only, here's the link: http://www.fanforum.com/14106544-post283.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:50:10 am by laurla205 » Logged
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: February 21, 2007, 09:56:02 am »

Quits working for Mitchum!† Dani added it to a post of hers from yesterday.†

Well, that doesn't really upset me. I think the farther away from Mitchum he is, the better.

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: February 21, 2007, 10:30:01 am »

Well, thatís exactly the concern though.† Itís been proven that just because he did go work for Mitchum, it doesnít mean that his life is ruined or isnít what he wants it to be.† They displayed that by showing us how much he likes what heís doing and, until last night, succeeds at it.† So that effectively made the point that not everyone has to run from the Gilmore-type lifestyle in order to succeed, that there can be success and happiness in it while not living exactly the way the older generation did.† Logan quitting just blows that to smithereens and furthers the idea that he does have to be far far away from Mitchum and renounce the Huntzberger name in order to be fulfilled.† Guess we should have seen it coming considering the theme of Lorelaiís life story, and the fact that Logan seems to be a lot like her but sheesh, he could have broke that mold just as Rory seems to be set up to do as well - becoming a hybrid of Emily and Lorelai.

ETA: Nothing from Ausiello today  Cry
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:45:20 pm by laurla205 » Logged
djb
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: February 21, 2007, 11:20:17 am »

Once again, I'll point to DR's recycled storylines (reminder - Michel's Dog & Babette's cat):

Here, the Logan storyline is nothing more than the recycling of the original Christopher storyline, right down to a company that he's running and it fails.

I'll admit that I want a season 8 but not with DR. I just can't take these very done storylines.

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4854 on: February 21, 2007, 11:22:25 am »

Yeah I know what you mean djb.  Dr keeps regurgitating Palladino's work

My New Website
sockergurl90210
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: February 21, 2007, 04:33:38 pm »

Well a wedding is out of the question if the show ends this season. It wouldn't be true to the characters or the pace of the show and the storylines to have Lorelai and Luke get married so quickly. The whole wedding would just feel forced and unrealistic and wouldn't justify the L/L relationship. If it does end this season we're going to have to be satisfied with the thought of a future marriage.

i agree with you. but if this is the last season do you think that they will do a fast foward into the future and have luke and lorelai married maybe with kids. like something like that.? i just hope that there would be one more season so the show would have some kind of closure in a way for its fans. i mean not the o.c. which i understand because they got cut but still.
gilmoregirlfan4
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

Got a handful of barbie

View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: February 21, 2007, 06:01:10 pm »

So I dont know why but it really bothered me seeing Mitchum kiss Rory on the cheek. I rewond that part about 6 times just to make sure I wasn't crazy or anything, I thought that that was weird.

Thanks Laura for the sig!

-Oy with the poodles already!-

-Rory: Do somehting to make me hate you!
-Lorelai: Um...go Hitler?-

-Copperboom!-

-We have flying deer?
Lizbelle45
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 13

She wants you, Luke.

View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: February 21, 2007, 09:41:59 pm »

i agree with you. but if this is the last season do you think that they will do a fast foward into the future and have luke and lorelai married maybe with kids. like something like that.? i just hope that there would be one more season so the show would have some kind of closure in a way for its fans. i mean not the o.c. which i understand because they got cut but still.

I really really doubt that they would fast forward into the future. Usually shows don't do that. What i'm afraid of is that they're going to end the show this season with Lorelai and Rory both being single. Cause the last scene is supposedly just between Lor and Rory. I don't know. I do know that I want L/L  to be back together but who knows if that will really happen.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:43:11 pm by Lizbelle45 » Logged

Wonderful Signatures Made By Lukesgirl

"You're going to kiss me now? So incredibly predictable."
-Lor to Luke

Java Junkie who's just keeping the F.A.I.T.H
urbanmonkey
« Reply #4858 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:16 pm »

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!  I'm seriously freaking out here!  Preview is up on the CW website!  And guess what?!

THE BLUE HAT IS BACK!!!!!!

*Jumps around excitedly!!!*
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: February 21, 2007, 10:08:44 pm »

I really really doubt that they would fast forward into the future. Usually shows don't do that. What i'm afraid of is that they're going to end the show this season with Lorelai and Rory both being single. Cause the last scene is supposedly just between Lor and Rory. I don't know. I do know that I want L/L† to be back together but who knows if that will really happen.

Oh, believe me, Lorelai and Luke are going to be together. †If this is the last season and they don't have time for a real reconcilliation, they'll probably get Miss Patty and Babette to throw them in a closet and lock the door in the last or second to last episode and then show L/L kissing just to make sure people know they're together. †And, there's no saying DR is going to stick to the plan to have the last scene be between Lorelai and Rory. †However, I should note that it's very possible for both Lorelai and Rory to be in relationships and still have a scene between just the two of them. †

Of course, there's no guarantee for Rory and Logan. †And, I don't like the way they're describing Logan's quitting. †It doesn't seem like it's being portrayed as a good thing getting away from Mitchum, since the description specifically states it's juvenile. †So, that's how they want the viewers to look at it. †And, second to a break up, I'd hate for Logan to have to lose everything and become working class. †To me, it would imply that to fully be worthy as a character he has to lose his money. †Which is a snobbish attitude for the show to take.

As far as a break up, it would be even more horrific if this is the last season, because how could Rory not be sad at the end of the series? †She and Logan seem to be happy in episode 18. †There are what, 22 episodes in the season? †Maybe a little more or less? †Unless there's a big time jump, there's no way Rory would be over a break up. †Logan either, but he more than likely wouldn't be on the show anymore and they wouldn't be concerned with him. †The thing is, Rory is in love with Logan. †A break up would hit her hard and it would not be realistic to write her as bouncing back within the time frame of a few episodes. †Again, if they had written in a break up at the start of the season, that would have given Rory enough time to heal and make it realistic. †And, whether she was single or with someone else, it would be believable for her to be happy by season's end. †Right now, her breaking up with Logan would only allow for at best a bittersweet ending, if graduation or some professional success is written in to give her happiness in another arena. †Rory and Lorelai should both be completely happy at the end of the show. †And, even if it's not the last season, I think they should still be completely happy. †Because Rory hasn't had a lot of happy season endings. †I don't have much sympathy for her in season 4, but she did end the last episode crying because Lorelai wouldn't share in her happy adultery and because she heard Lindsay's voice on the phone. †Season 5? †She had just left Yale, began the rift with Lorelai. †Season 6? †Logan left for London. †Oh, and season 3? †She graduated, but she was still sad over Jess leaving, so that was bittersweet. †I think the only really happy season ender for Rory has been season 1, when she and Dean reconcilled. †I guess the same could be said for Lorelai, but I'm guessing this season will at least hint of a reunion between her and Luke that can serve as a series end or be expanded if there's another season.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 413
  Print  

Jump to: