GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 01:08:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES itís about time. Iím so watching season 7.
LL apart; well Iíll watch it till they get back together but I wonít be loviní it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT IíVE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I donít care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. Iím boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I wonít be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 413
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 1647534 times)
ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:57 pm »

Totally! I mean, the C/L marriage was enough rush for one season! someone needs to put a big yellow light up to DR's face!!

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
bethany
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: February 18, 2007, 06:59:23 pm »

Eh, you all know the big reunion of L/L holds no interest for me, so I'm going to spazz out some more on the possible break up of R/L.† How far ahead in a show can some spoiler source have info for?† I mean, how far ahead do they plot things even if the actual scripts haven't been written?† We have specific spoilers up to episode 18.† Rory and Logan have a fight before then, but they're fine in episode 18 and (although I should check again to confirm) according to others who've read the sides for the episode, they're happy at the end of the episode.† But, is it possible that someone could know what's being planned for episode 19 or 20 (how many episodes in a season) even before episode descriptions or sides or anything comes out?†

The tiny imp who wants to tease me with hope brings up 2 points.† Only one person has said they're breaking up.† All other mentions on websites have taken their information from that person.† It's hard to believe that only one person would have a spoiler or that only one person would give out that spoiler.† You'd think someone else would come out and say "yes, it's true.† I was hiding in the closet in DR's office and heard him say he was breaking them up," or something like that.† Second, are there any advanced spoilers for any other characters?† Other people would know better than I would, but has their been any actual news of where the L/L relationship will be after Hay, Bale, Maze?† I don't really believe that Rory and Logan would be considered important enough for news to leak through before Lorelai and Luke.† So, it seems kind of fishy that one person has advanced knowledge on the secondary couple.† And, again, if there is info on L/L that somehow slipped by the professional critics, there's no way John or Jane Doe spoiler source wouldn't be on forums spilling it.

However, on the chance that this spoiler is true (and you know my fears) I fear for the hoops that they'll make Logan jump through to show he's a bad bad boyfriend.† Because the spoiler does say that they break up over his actions.† What we've heard so far is not grounds for a break up.† Not unless Rory is not only judgemental but a hypocrite.† So, will they make him do something even worse?† Ugh.† I really need to stay away from spoilers.† Not that I will.

DR has supposedly said that he knows what he is doing for the season, regardless of an 8th season or not. However, this was very early on during this season, so I assume some things have changed. Scripts, obviously, have to be written within an appropriate time frame to get to everyone who is involved with each episode. However, there is some time of timetable (I assume?) laid out for each episode of the season that I assume that writers use as their bible.

I was also under the impression that MC said that he would be in at least all of the remaining 11 episodes. I am assuming that means that last one.

And Dani...once a spunky, always a spunky Smiley. Lucy says hi to Snoopy.

Thanks to Simply Cynical for the sig!
gilmoregirlfan4
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

Got a handful of barbie

View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: February 18, 2007, 07:22:35 pm »

Well a wedding is out of the question if the show ends this season. It wouldn't be true to the characters or the pace of the show and the storylines to have Lorelai and Luke get married so quickly. The whole wedding would just feel forced and unrealistic and wouldn't justify the L/L relationship. If it does end this season we're going to have to be satisfied with the thought of a future marriage.

I agree I know it didn't sound like it in my post but I do if they are going to rush it they shouldn't get married.

Thanks Laura for the sig!

-Oy with the poodles already!-

-Rory: Do somehting to make me hate you!
-Lorelai: Um...go Hitler?-

-Copperboom!-

-We have flying deer?
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: February 18, 2007, 07:48:28 pm »

And Dani...once a spunky, always a spunky Smiley. Lucy says hi to Snoopy.

I know, it's an incurable illness.  Snoopy is currently running around in a circle.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: February 19, 2007, 01:23:59 pm »

Well Iím glad Iím not the only one confused about the spoiler/foiler that Rory and Logan break up.  And that Iím not the only one apparently doing to wrong dance to the spoiler gods.  Iíd have to agree in thinking that someone else would have stepped up and confirmed it by now.  Nothing new at TWoP today (well nothing about R/L there is a new L/L blurb), fan forum either (that I saw at a glace anyway). 

I was also under the impression that MC said that he would be in at least all of the remaining 11 episodes. I am assuming that means that last one.
Iím pretty sure I read that too in the ways that they asked him to do more episodes than he originally signed on for.  But I couldnít find an article to back it up, any ideas?  Maybe that was in the recent interview on buddy tv?  I donít remember reading it that recently though (I know, sometimes I donít even understand my memory). 
SD_love24
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Not a Newbie anymore! Right??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4835 on: February 19, 2007, 05:51:02 pm »

Well....I have to say that the R/L breakup is rather surprising at least. And I'm really curious as to what's in store for them. Sad about the break-up? I'm not sure. I'm still in shock.

No. I do not think that L/L will reunite and get hitched on the spot. It's going to take some time. Luke's continued friendship with Lorelai is good. He moved on. He's now concentrating on April. I doubt he will go back to Lorelai like a sick puppy immediately. Does anyone see Luke doing that? I don't. Of course I want them to be together. There's no better couple in GG but coming back together has to be gradual.

~Shevi~

L*F
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 93

View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: February 20, 2007, 05:32:23 am »

audio promo for the episode 7.16 Will you be my Lorelai Gilmore?
http://www.crazy-internet-people.com/site/gilmoregirls/pages/promo/716AudioPromo.html

Cheesy i love Kirk! haha

LORELAI: You know, I love watching you cook. It's hot.
LUKE: That's because you're standing right next to the broiler.
LORELAI: Oh, is that what we're calling it now?
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: February 20, 2007, 03:09:10 pm »

So, I was thinking last night about the spoilers at the beginning of the year.. Remember the one that said Christopher would help out w/ the Lor and Luke situation. Do you think that he could tell lor to go after him?? It sounded like he has come to terms w/ the fact that Lor will never be happy w/ him.

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: February 20, 2007, 03:30:11 pm »

Another spoiler from fanforum:

7.17 Mitchum confronts Logan, and Rory sides with Mitchum. After fighting with Logan, Rory decides to take the road trip to get away

http://www.fanforum.com/14104976-post243.html

I don't like this.  Not telling Logan to stay home from London was a good thing, but is he going to start thinking that any time Mitchum says something, Rory will always side with Mitchum over him?  Besides this causing tension, it's like even when Logan does something independant, the writers want to drum in how wrong it is, and he has to be pulled back.  Logan finding out he likes working for the family business?  Good, I'm all for it.  But, why can't Logan trying to buy a company without Mitchum's approval be a good idea?  Even if the result goes bad?  Why can't taking the initiative and having the passion to take a risk be something good?  With Mitchum going against him and Rory siding with Mitchum, it sounds like the show is making some official statement that Logan is wrong.  I'm guessing his venture will be painted as being reckless and juvenile, just another extension of his college persona (along with the Vegas trip), and that he hasn't really changed, that he still needs to be "tamed"  Puke.  Or, Logan will learn that daddy is always right, and he won't ever be able to make an independant decision or disagree with Mitchum because he will always be proven wrong.

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06:46 pm »

So, I was thinking last night about the spoilers at the beginning of the year.. Remember the one that said Christopher would help out w/ the Lor and Luke situation. Do you think that he could tell lor to go after him?? It sounded like he has come to terms w/ the fact that Lor will never be happy w/ him.

I think he's already helped her by making her recognize her feelings for Luke still exist and that she didnít work through them properly.

Rory, rory, rory.  Well I think his taking initiative is a good thing, but my opinion doesnít really count as far as the how they will portray it.  I donít necessarily see it (yet) as anything he does outside of Mitchumís approval being automatically wrong or bad.  But just that heís got a lot left to learn in the business world and he might not realize that (remember in IRBIP he mentions that he still has to review the business model, maybe in his excitement he neglects to actually follow through on that).  Itís the same for a lot of recent college grads in my experience, thinking they have the world sized up and know everything there is to know but they really donít and make some judgment errors because of it.  Kind of a right of passage.  Some mistakes are bound to happen, that doesnít have to be reckless or juvenile in itself.  Heís had one great success and this will be his first failure.  I donít think Rory should side with Mitchum, but thatís without knowing Mitchumís actual opinion on the matter who knows I might agree with him too.  Denial is still the name of my game.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: February 20, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »

I just wish they'd write something where Logan could be tight and Rory could side with him.† Don't get me wrong, I like Mitchum a lot.† And, I agree with some of his decisions (as said before).† But, it seems like ultimately, Logan has had to come around to Mitchum's way of thinking.† The only thing he's done different from Mitchum's wishes, that didn't have a turn around was taking the year off from college.† Mitchum said it was time to graduate, Logan graduated.† Mitchum wanted Logan to go to Omaha on a business trip, and Logan went.† One time, Logan decided to go to Martha's Vineyard with Rory, and got pulled away because he chose that over a business trip.† And, London.† Of course, he should have graduated, and London was good.† I just wish they'd set up a situation where Logan could defy Mitchum and be right.†

NO! NO!

The Mitchum/Logan confrontation is on-screen. Later, Logan quits.

They are playing it like he's reckless.  He just ups and quits?  That on top of Vegas?  Oh boy, will it give people who have just been waiting, just been saying "watch, Logan hasn't really changed" ammunition.  Is this one of those further actions? 

I can see this playing out three ways, none that I like.  First, Logan will totally unravel, go completely back to his playboy ways.  Or, he'll be all contrite and realize just how wrong he was and crawl back to Mitchum and maybe they'll play that he never really was interested in the business, just making the best of a bad situation and now he finds out he's trapped.  Or, he'll quit and do something else and it will be a good thing.  And, why is the third option bad?  Because it plays into the idea that Logan staying in the family business was a bad thing, and that a person who disagrees with their parents must do what Lorelai did.  I just don't have a good feeling about this.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 04:52:53 pm by Dani257 » Logged

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: February 20, 2007, 04:55:56 pm »

I hear you (didnít mean to imply that you specifically donít agree with Mitchum, just that I think its the general consensus).† I would like to see that too, it would round out his recent maturity nicely.† I think this one is realistic (so far) which may be why I feel it might not be portrayed that way (that or Iím so far in the hole of denial I need a 12 step program to help me out of it, I donít doubt this could very well be the case).† But I see that youíre saying that its validity doesnít matter, why canít Logan just be right and Mitchum wrong for once.† Well, I had a quick reply to that one, but itís not a good one.† Itís not so much that Logan canít make his own decisions and have a positive outcome; itís that Mitchum specifically told him it was a bad move.† Logan should have pressed him to find out why he thought that.† But in the spirit of being rebellious he left it as, Mitchum doesnít want any part of it and Iím going to do it anyway because Iím right and heís wrong.† The second Logan said Mitchum didnít approve (and it was before the spoiler about the company going bad, I think) I knew there was going to be something wrong with it.† While this may only serve to further the belief that there is indeed something awry with Logan and he will always resort to his old ways, itís very true to life that Logan still has some things to learn before he can be a smashing success at all of his business decisions.† It would have been nice if his first was one of them.† I have no doubt that heíll bounce back nicely (due to the spoiler about his apology).† I guess heís been too perfect lately and they had to throw something in so we didnít start worshiping him or anything, that wouldnít keep anyone coming back for more (again, we really need a sarcastic emoticicon Ėsp?).
LovesToRead
« Reply #4842 on: February 20, 2007, 05:16:47 pm »

NO! NO!

The Mitchum/Logan confrontation is on-screen. Later, Logan quits.

They are playing it like he's reckless.  He just ups and quits?  That on top of Vegas?  Oh boy, will it give people who have just been waiting, just been saying "watch, Logan hasn't really changed" ammunition.  Is this one of those further actions? 

I can see this playing out three ways, none that I like.  First, Logan will totally unravel, go completely back to his playboy ways.  Or, he'll be all contrite and realize just how wrong he was and crawl back to Mitchum and maybe they'll play that he never really was interested in the business, just making the best of a bad situation and now he finds out he's trapped.  Or, he'll quit and do something else and it will be a good thing.  And, why is the third option bad?  Because it plays into the idea that Logan staying in the family business was a bad thing, and that a person who disagrees with their parents must do what Lorelai did.  I just don't have a good feeling about this.

I'm going to err on the side of denial and hope that the spoiler was wrong.  Does the person who gave the spoiler have any credibility or is it more likely that they are trying to stir people up.
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: February 20, 2007, 05:33:52 pm »

I don't know the poster (I don't know any of them at fanforum) but it's too terribly plausible.† It's not a vague "they'll break up" but it's for a specific episode.† And, since we have info for the episode after the one being spoiled, it stands to reason some spoilers will be there for this one.† And, it coming up in the same episode as the Vegas trip just sounds bad.† The only good thing is they seem to be fine the episode after, but who knows how long it will last?† Bah.†

There's speculation that the story in tonight's episode about the guy who quit and started his own restaurant was foreshadowing Logan doing the same thing and succeeding.  Which if Logan had decided not to go to London but had set off on a particular path in the beginning would have been fine.  London was good because Logan had no direction at all at the time.  But, now, they've shown that you can stay in the family business and find personal fulfillment.  And, this show has never implied that there's one right way.  Rory, Logan, Lane, Jess -all found some measure of success (Logan's pending) but took different educational routes to get there.  If he has to quit to really have made it, it makes everything he's done this season a waste.  Of course, that's all speculation.  I would much rather this one thing fail, but Logan decide that he wants to maybe do an offshoot of his father's business.  A little independence without having to such a huge break.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 06:06:38 pm by Dani257 » Logged

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4844 on: February 21, 2007, 08:38:25 am »

Ok so I didnt get the chance to watch GG last night because it was my friends birthday and we wanted to go out and celebrate.  But I did tape it so I will be watching it when I get home.

I was curious what everyone in the spoilers group thought about last night's episode

My New Website
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 413
  Print  

Jump to: