GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 26, 2022, 03:27:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How do you feel about Lorelai and Chris getting back together?
Lorelai and Chris together; YES it’s about time. I’m so watching season 7.
LL apart; well I’ll watch it till they get back together but I won’t be lovin’ it.
LL apart AGAIN; THIS IS IT I’VE HAD IT WITH THIS STUPID SHOW. I don’t care if they fix it later on, they will never fix it with me. I’m boycotting this show.
LL apart; who cares.
LL apart; I won’t be watching GG till the good episodes come back on.

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 413
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Spoilers  (Read 1545508 times)
olive
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: July 27, 2006, 05:08:39 pm »

ok, so there's been a little speculation on what the significance of 'the long morrow' is. since the episode titles are usually a reference to something, i did a search and it turns out that 'the long morrow' is also the name of an episode of the twilight zone. don't know if it's a related theme, but here's a recap:

Stansfield, an astronaut, is sent to a planetary system 141 light-years from Earth. The ship he will be taking is able to make it to the system in 20 years, with a return trip of 20 years as well.  Before leaving, he meets and is enchanted by a woman named Sandra Horn. In just one evening they develop a mutual fondness. But they realize they can't be together because he'd be 40 years older when he returned. so he is to be placed in suspended animation so he won't age. Sandra also puts herself in suspended animation without him knowing. 

Stansfield goes on his mission and 40 years later he returns (sadly, the job he was sent to do already completed using technology developed since left). He thus returns a forgotten pioneer. It is revealed on his arrival that he voluntarily disabled the suspended animation system about six months into his journey and so that he would be Horn's age. but because she put herself in suspended animation, she is 40 years younger.  In the tragic end, Stansfield sadly urges Horn to live her new life without him.

I haven't figured out how this could be related to GG, or LL specifically, but there seem to be some budding writers on this board... so have at it.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2401 on: July 27, 2006, 05:46:14 pm »

Oo gosh, I do'nt know but the whole

urges Horn to live her new life without him.

Doesn't give me a good feeling, if they are alluding to that episode

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 27, 2006, 05:48:20 pm »

hummm...maybe it has to do with that they aren't on the same terms?  they are both in love and want to be together but doing that they both mess up and end up not together?  humm I'm not sure.

I also thought that it could be just the next morning, and SO much happens.  Like Lorelai realizes what she has done and luke with all the suff he has to go through.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2403 on: July 27, 2006, 05:56:10 pm »

Yeah, I believe there's also somewehre in Shakespeare somewhere where The Long Morrow is mentioned.
It could be yeah, because it's one of t hose days where so much happens, it feels like it's never gonna end.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
olive
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 27, 2006, 06:18:09 pm »

i know it's probably just self-explanatory, or a prettier way to say 'the longest day ever' but since something actually popped up, i thought it was interesting. and slightly foreboding, given the way it ended. but it could just be another instance of over-analyzation.
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 27, 2006, 06:36:59 pm »

Obeservation on the last episode of season six showed me that perhaps it is Rory who is pregnant, if anyone taped the episode it would be good to re-watch it. It is a little late to be getting to this, but in the episode, I noticed that Rory always had something in front of her stomach. (When she sat down her hands were in front of it, or her purse, that big brown coat, etc.) Just an idea. Huh
You know, I was thinking just that. Surprise! It's Rory that is preggers! A plot twist indeed. But, that I like WO's viewpoint better (or want it to be true more) that it is Lorelai and she has been pregnant and that is why she was so desperate to get on with it. She wants a family now and if Luke won't...perhaps Chris will.

Either way with Luke and Logan out of the picture. I like that Lore and Rory spend share time together. I always liked the show better when they are spending time together.

Since morrow means the next day....I am guessing it is the day after the day of season 6 finale. And, it is a long day for both our girls....and it looks like a long, bad day for Luke with his life in shambles...diner broken...relationship with the love of his life broken.  Cry

Perhaps it is a long day for Logan, too. Jet lagged in London. Lonely w/o Rory. Perhaps they spend the day emailing each other. Letter's can be very romantic, even if they are e-letters.

I agree with Lovefiend...it is likely a Shakespeare reference. (Although, I think I have seen that old twilight zone episode. It was very sad. Reminded me of the short story called The Gift. Where a stuggling young couple want to give each other a special christmas present. He sells his keepsake pocket watch to buy her beautiful combs for her long hair and she sells her hair to buy him a gold chain for his pocket watch. I have forgotten the author, classic 19th century possibly)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:16:35 pm by roryg fan » Logged

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2406 on: July 27, 2006, 07:11:37 pm »

It certainly sounds Shakespearean, althought he only line I can actually thinkg of is one frmo Macbeth about not seeing the Morrow.
I agree, I don't think Rory would be getting pregnant, that angle of responsiblity is too i n grained into her.

MiniPink
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

Community Points: 250

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:30 am »

hmmm, the only thing i found out abt "the long morrow" is that in 1964 an epi of "the Twilight Zone" had the same title. but i don t think that has sth to with it *lol*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Morrow_(The_Twilight_Zone)

www.myspace.com/sydneygirl1903

I kissed a Peds surgeon ...
She’s perky, and has butterflies on her scrubcap. But she’s also hot. Really hot ...
Help me get over the butterflies
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 28, 2006, 12:11:09 am »

Thanks for the link. Sounds like the same thing Olive posted (a synopsis of that Twilight Zone episode) a few posts down the page.

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

Community Points: 250

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 28, 2006, 12:32:08 am »

oh i m sorry, i didnt see that Sad i m new to this thread and i m still careful with reading,cuz i do wanna know some stuff. but not everything *lol* it s a thin line for me Cheesy

www.myspace.com/sydneygirl1903

I kissed a Peds surgeon ...
She’s perky, and has butterflies on her scrubcap. But she’s also hot. Really hot ...
Help me get over the butterflies
olive
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 28, 2006, 09:24:30 am »

O. Henry wrote 'the gift'. (in case it was bugging you.) he mastered the ending with an ironic twist before M. Night Shyamalan did.
LoverofGG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 28, 2006, 10:03:39 am »

I haven't been able to keep up with the new episodes, so I finally caught this last 2 hour show with Rory 21rst Birthday and I was really sadden over Rory's distance with LL and how they handled that after being soo close all her life, to allow such an important time be shuffled away.  I expected more from them.  Yet, I was glad that Rory was able to see the fact that she had fallen into a trap that she really didn't mean to fall into.  I believe she will go back to school, realize her rich boyfriend is really under his parents control, and that is why he is turning into an alcoholic, he's not taking a stand for his own choices, and I was happy to see that Jess wrote the book...he actually completed something...maybe the first thing in his life, and this may turn his life around.  It's a big deal!!!  But, I believe Rory is seeing what she has done, and will begin to realize that she is her mother's daughter.  Make an amends with LL and go back to school, drop the guys and get focused on what is really important, her life...her relationship with her mom, she got too confused with too many people in her life, guys, grandparents, mom, and the whole town.  But, I think the real Rory is back.  Yeah!!!
rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 28, 2006, 07:22:02 pm »

The Long Morrow twilight thing sounds like it has a lot to do with Rory/Logan. They are so far apart...maybe he is urging her to still live her lfe while he's gone??? Interperating is hard...

I remember a few days before the season premiere hit last year I found a script of it over the internt, myabe their will be another on ethis year.

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 29, 2006, 04:37:52 am »

According to this spoiler it really starting to look like one of our Gilmore Girls is pregnant.
http://www.fanforum.com/11078599-post95.html
For the love of God let it be the LL kid! It can't be Rory, cause they would never go there. This show is all about Rory not making Lorelai's mistakes. It's either Chris's kid....and if so I'm out of there...or Luke's. Then the question is; 'will Luke know she's pregnant?'. Man I hope my spec is true and that's why Lorelai got hormonal on his ass....she only slept with Chris, cause she's one huge ball of hormones.  Grin

So the big plot is Rory/Lorelai pregnant and Chris hanging around. WHY? Is he the dad? Or is he a substitute till Luke knows...is he the dad or the friend?

So Chris will be very active on GG next season, the man has his own parking space now.
http://www.fanforum.com/11097301-post79.html (I just gotta say I love her sig, GO GET HIM LUKE)

http://www.fanforum.com/11100963-post73.html
So it wasn't a planned decision, it was just Lorelai being hurt. Also, so Chris is still married to Sherry...this just gets better and better.

Also there will be a BIG time skip between episode 1 and 2. This has me worried. Either Lorelai will be very pregnant, or it might still be Chris's. They better not make it Chris's!  Angry
I´ve been thinking, the reason many of us think it can´t be Lorelai is cause Lauren likes the new storyline and she wouldn´t like to play pregnant. I think that´s where we are wrong. Lauren has played many different things in different shows-movies, but she never had to act to be pregnant. So this will be new for her. What wouldn´t she like about that+ fake stomach, weird hormonal Lorelai, dramatic scene´s, happy family scene´s. What´s not to love. 

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:07:42 am by White Onyx » Logged

LORELAI: Oh, don’t be embarrassed Snuffy, I’m just teasing. It’d be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

trish5713
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 116

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 29, 2006, 01:27:05 pm »

# Rory and Lorelai spend some quality time together at a *a********* c****
# There's a very silly subplot involving Michel, Sookie and *r* ********g.

Any ideas on what these asterisk things could be?  I've been thinking about them alot at red traffic lights and stuff and it's bugging me.

Also, I really don't think that the writers would have Lorelai get pregnant with Chris baby #2.  I'm hoping and praying that they wouldn't any way.  Does anyone know what kind of birth control Luke and Lorelai have been using?  I'm trying to figure out if it is at all possible that the maybe baby is Lukes.

sig by me!  need one?  just send me a pm Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 413
  Print  

Jump to: