GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 04:20:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai's Jeep at Auction  (Read 20645 times)
TimK
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:59 am »

Yes, Lorelai's actual Jeep is being offered on eBay. This is one of the actual jeeps used in the filming of Gilmore Girls.

The 2000 Jeep Wrangler, customized for Lorelai, is part-owned by David Laurell. And he realizes the its significance.

"Lorelai's Jeep is an iconic piece of television history associated with a show that will live on for time eternal as a milestone in American pop culture," said Laurell. "For Gilmore fans this vehicle is one of the most recognizable in television history. It ranks right at the top along with the Batmobile and the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazard. Every television show or film has that one item that stands alone as being immediately recognizable from the production. When it comes to Gilmore Girls that one thing is Lorelai's Jeep."

Except that there were numerous Batmobiles and hundreds of General Lees manufactured. But there were only two Jeeps ever used during Gilmore Girls seven-year run. According to Laurell, "The Jeep we are making available was used from the first episode right on through till the final episode."

The eBay auction will continue until June 2 at 8:17:39 PM PDT, a little over 9 days from now. And Gilmore-ism.com plans to follow the bidding process.

The auction winner will also receive a number of bonuses:

• A Certificate of Authenticity,
  • An album of full-color photos of the Jeep in the Stars Hallow town square, at Lorelai's house, and in other locations on the WB lot,
  • A five-hour tour of the Warner Brothers Studios where Gilmore Girls was filmed.
  • Lunch in the studio's dining room, where many of the show's cast members ate.
  • A goody bag full of even more Gilmore Girls memorabilia, including the actual prop Connecticut licence plates and Yale licence plate frame that were actually used on the show.
It's Thursday, May 24, 2007. Nine days and counting...

Source: Gilmore-ism.com.

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:22:53 pm »

Oh My Gosh
nodoby even understand how much i want this jeep! i dont drive yet, but since i have started watching Gilmore Girls i have had my mind set on buying a jeep exactly like Lorelai's! it sucks i cant get it.. but it would be my dream if i could. thanks for posting!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:25:59 pm by Gilmores-Forever » Logged

sarah =)
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:25:08 pm »

we were discussing this on the great8mandate thread and we dont know if its a legit offer... we'll find out...

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
TimK
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »

Hi, amanda elise. Thanks for looking into this. I too am looking into it (though I forgot to mention that in my original posting). I've sent David Laurell an email, asking him to confirm or deny.

Also, there is very little risk at this stage. And it still makes a great story, even if it's not legitimate. If this is not a legitimate offer, the seller has very little to gain, and much to lose. Still, it's good to be suspicious, especially if you are considering bidding. Remember that the final price is frequently much higher than the minimum bid. (The minimum bid is there just to suck you in.) And the buyer is likely to take additional steps to minimize his risk.

-TimK

amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17:03 pm »

yeah we found out from heidi it is a legit post...

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Actor
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:41:05 pm »

Oh ya, it's legit! I work at Warner Bros and it is one of the two Jeeps that were in the show. I have seen this Jeep almost every day for the past 7 years. It's Lorelai's Jeep!  Shocked
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:38:05 am »

Great news everybody, Lorelei's Jeep is on E-bay (I don't know how to authenticate this inmformation, but it seems real!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lorelais-Jeep-Wrangler-from-Gilmore-Girls_W0QQitemZ140121481825QQihZ004QQcategoryZ201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 06:18:23 pm »

That's so cool I wish I could have it! I love her jeep! Smiley
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 07:25:41 pm »

I just clicked on the link, and it says invalid. Maybe it got taken off of ebay.

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 07:01:30 pm »

Yeah I tried it too. Does anyone know what happened with it? Undecided
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:15:19 pm »

Yeah I tried it too. Does anyone know what happened with it? Undecided

As Heidi'd said in the G8M-thread, "..an offer was made that the seller couldn't refuse, so he ended the auction before the first bid."

see: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg338916#msg338916

ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 10:29:46 pm »

Oh my god I would love to have her Jeep, but of course i'm not a millionaire so my chances arent even slim ,  they're more like none.

aussiebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 07:57:10 pm »

Has anyone noticed that this item is no longer available on e-bay, it has been removed by e-bay.  Guess it wasn't his to sell or it was a scam...

Bee Smiley
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:58 am »

Has anyone noticed that this item is no longer available on e-bay, it has been removed by e-bay.  Guess it wasn't his to sell or it was a scam...

Bee Smiley

Just have a quick look at the second posting above yours .....  Wink

indiecoffee
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 05:30:34 am »

the auction only ran through the second, so it was taken off, and it was sold even before the auction began.  That is so cool though, I wonder how much it sold for?  I kind of disagree that it is as recognizalbe as the General Lee, Kitt, or the Batmobile.  As a side note, JEEP's are built in my hometown of Toledo, Ohio.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: