GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:13:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who is the best couple in the show?
Lorelai and Luke - 86 (69.9%)
Rory and Logan - 27 (22%)
Liz and T.J - 1 (0.8%)
Lulu and Kirk - 8 (6.5%)
Miss Patty and Taylor - 1 (0.8%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Gilmore Girls Couple  (Read 116226 times)
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2008, 09:40:20 am »

Ok im totally for Luke and Lorelai but Chris and Lorelai where an awesome match too!!!!!!!!
                                              So dont hate me for saying that I like chris plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Chris too. I think he connected with Lorelai in a way that Luke never could. She never managed to get Chris out of her life and it's not because of Rory because she saw more of Chris than Rory did in the last few seasons. Even when he screwed up, she kept forgiving him. I think because in a way he is her best friend. The part of the past that she actually liked. She said he knew all about her, i think mostly the repressed parts of her.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2008, 11:25:57 am »

Chris has his moments but he's not the right guy.

LUKE IS AND HE'S NOW MARRIED TO HER!  HA-HA!!!
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2008, 12:15:44 pm »

Luke screwed up so many times and really bad. I used to be a fan but no more. He was never married to Lorelai because he's chicken! Chicken Fan fiction doesn't count.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2008, 02:12:04 pm »

I still think that Luke and Lorelai are the best couple!!!, but Chris did really know Lorelai and they had their moments that made you all cutiesy. lol
But I am a total JavaJunkie, but chris is my second choice for Lorelai and I dont hate him like a lot of Luke and Lorelai fans do. =D

Anna-wa
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

It says this is the definition of a perfect moment

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »

Okay, my favorite couple isn't mentioned on the poll. And I think you can guess what my favorite couple is; that's right, Rory/Dean.  Shocked (I know, shocking isn't it?)  Cheesy :lol:

For Lorelai, I'm gonna say Lorelai/Max. Even though I haven't seen all the episodes yet, I've seen a lot. Yes, I've already reached the break up episode. I cried on the inside during that. I wanted to cry outside too, but my eyes and mouth wouldn't let me. Lorelai/Luke; I think this pairing's cute. Yes, I know they're going to happen. I've seen all the kissing pictures, before I even started watching the show. I think it's a cute couple, but in my opinion Max was a lot better. He didn't keep his feelings bottled up like Luke did from the start. I might change my mind about that later, but... Anyway, Lorelai/Christopher; Erm... No. Sorry guys, I just don't think Christopher wasn't that nice to Lorelai or Rory.

For Rory, as I already said; Rory/Dean. He was her first, and, in my opinion so far, the one that treated her the best. Rory/Jess; No. Sorry but no. He liked her so much that he wanted to destroy her relationship with Dean (EX: The Basket episode). And while some people may find that romantic, I don't. Rory/Tristan?; Okay, before the kiss this pairing didn't even cross my mind. No thanks though. Rory didn't seem to be that fond of Tristan. Besides I think Tristan would be better off with Paris. At least she actually liked him.

Your hair, your eyes, your old levies, when we kiss I'm hypnotized. You make me laugh, you make me cry. But I guess that's both I'll have to buy.

Rory♥Dean
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2008, 10:14:32 am »

Okay, my favorite couple isn't mentioned on the poll. And I think you can guess what my favorite couple is; that's right, Rory/Dean.  Shocked (I know, shocking isn't it?)  Cheesy :lol:

yay, more rory/dean fans!  Wink

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
JazzedPotato
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »

Well, I did think Jess had grown a lot (and I didn't put the toxic nature of their relationship strictly on his shoulders).  And, I enjoyed him in both his episodes.  For me, season 6 - particularly The Real Paul Anka showed me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rory was not in love with Jess anymore.  She still has fond feelings, and if she didn't have those pheromones they could shift their relationship to being friends, but she's not in love with him.  She kissed him because of Logan, she stopped because of Logan, and even after acknowledging that it wasn't fair to Jess, she didn't say that she realized she really wanted to be with him.  She didn't say she'd move to Philadelphia, or that she'd go back and finish school and move there, or ask him to move back to Connecticut, or even try to find some way to work out a long distance relationship.  Or even, "how do we make this work?"  Rory didn't do a thing to tell me that she wanted to be with Jess.  That's my reason for not seeing season 6 as proof that they belong together.

Ok I am a little late in responding to this because I just discovered this forum and am reading through.. Big GG fan though and yes, a Literati  Wink

I think you make valid points here. Maybe Rory needed to come to Philadelphia to find out what her feelings were towards Jess. She did stop when they kissed saying she ' couldn' t even cheat on him like he did'. I.m.h.o. Rory has done similar things in the past though, where loyalty seemed to be a big issue. If she was with one guy, even if she had feelings for someone else, she would not be able to cheat on her guy. Even if she clearly had feelings for Jess she didn' t want to break with Dean. Same in this situation. Rory' s not one for casual relationships or sex, so if she wanted to cheat on Logan it would have to be with someone she had feelings for. But then she found herself not being able to, not for Logan nor for Jess. It does make you wonder why she came all the way to Philadelphia to see Jess again, and to allow him to kiss her.

The other scene that comes to mind is epi 8 of series 6 where Rory calls Jess her ' old friend'  - she even goes on an elaborate monologue that now they are older they can have ' old friends'  etc. The look on Jess' face is very telling (not very flattering to be told that) . It makes me wonder why she did that so ostentaciously though.. just to avoid jealousy from Logan, or to convince all present parties of this including herself?  At any rate she didn' t deem necessary to tell Logan about this encounter & date with Jess even if she had plenty of time to do so- before he showed up- in fact she even confronts him saying she thought he wouldn' t be there till the day after. After the jerk-behaviour Logan demonstrated at the dinner she told Logan to take a hike and went after Jess like many previous occasions.

Finally even if Rory said she loved Logan in Philadelphia, she didn' t accept his proposal in the end. Maybe love wasn' t enough she still wanted adventure. I have no doubt Rory loved both Jess and Logan at different points in time. But frankly I don' t see how much Logan and Rory had in common, I see that much more so with Jess or perhaps another guy who' d be a mix of Jess and Logan. Who knows what Rory did after she turned down Logan' s proposal  Wink

But I still love Rory and Jess.  I love them because they kept their dynamic as they dated.  They would still talk about books and have good conversations.  They had been friends first, something Rory basically missed with Dean and Logan.  (I don't count the ten episodes before Rory and Logan dated them being friends.  They were more of aquaintances.)  This is what Luke and Lorelai had.  They had 8 years of friendship.  But they dated and everything changed.  Rory and Jess dated and their friendship was still obvious and appearent.
So Rory and Jess is my favorite couple.  When I saw Jess in season 6, I knew that if they had dated then, they would've been a great couple.  They would've had the friendship, and Jess would've had everything under control.  Jess and Rory did miss the timing, but they still remain my favorite couple by a long stretch.

And those are just my thoughts.

Agree totally  Nod  Kiss
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:20:44 pm by JazzedPotato » Logged

Rory: I am dancing, I can not control where my glance goes, and when I can control it, my glance goes to Dean.
Jess: So you can't control it when you look at me, but you have to force yourself to look at him. [to Dean] Sorry man, that's cold
iluvlogan484
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2009, 02:38:13 pm »

hands down- logan and rory- love them
iluvlogan484
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2009, 09:27:38 am »

definetly- logan and rory- hands down. they are perfect together
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2009, 12:14:13 am »

Yeah, Logan and Rory were perfect together. They went through so much and helped each other grow. I think they challenged each other in a way.

Lorelai_Luke12
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:19 pm »

did any of you like lorelai and jason together? i kinda liked him until he told luke he was back together with lorelai when they werent and thats the bit i loved when luke kissed lorelai it was about time!  Cheesy

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2009, 04:07:36 pm »

I kinda did.  He was very different from all of Lorelai's boyfriends.  He was quirky, kind of neurotic, and also a charmer.  Yet, he was also the one I kinda liked the least.  Well, actually Alex was my least favorite boyfriend of Lorelai's because he wasn't there much.

I like to watch Chris Eigeman act.  I grew up watching him from the movies he did for Noah Baumbach and Whit Stilman.  I think being Jason Stiles was the most high-profiled role he played.  He and Lauren Graham had great chemistry.  I think they were a unique couple but we all know they were never going to be right together.  Especially on how it ended when he decided to sue Richard over the business dissolution.  There were times I didn't like Digger, notably the last episode he appeared when he tried to convince himself and everyone that he and Lorelai were still together.  Making Luke all upset and then coming to that great moment where Luke and Lorelai kissed.

Of course, what happened to Jason afterwards was kind of funny.  Yet, I'm glad the Virtual Gilmore Girls writers gave him an appearance and a fitting closure to his relationship with Lorelai.  His lone appearance in a recent episode for the 9th Season had him attend his father's funeral though he's more upset over his dead dog, died standing up and still.  Yet, he and Lorelai had an understanding as he didn't say anything about Luke, was just surprised how she's moved on and is expecting a baby while he is running his own business in California and doing fine.  The last things they said to each other were "See ya Digger" and "Take care Umlauts". 
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2009, 06:42:08 am »

I liked Jason a lot mostly because he was weird and different. He wasn't someone you could figure out in a second and also he was someone who cracked jokes with a straight face. I liked that! I think he had abandonment issues and he wasn't someone to get close to people that's why i think Lorelai should have given him a chance especially with the "talking key" thing.

I am not annoyed at Jason over the lie he told Luke about him and Lorelai being together. It wasn't exactly a lie. If he really wanted Lorelai to give him a chance then it only made sense that he didn't go telling the world that he and Lorelai were over. He had some hope of them getting back together plus there is a chance he thought of their break up as just a break away from each other.

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2009, 08:11:18 pm »

Luke and Lorelai, followed by Jess and Rory.

Ding! You're a fairy!
aprilgilmore1794
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Beastly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2009, 07:33:17 am »

Rory and Logan have something special.  Even though Logan can be a jerk (like the incident w/ Jess) Rory loves him neway.  They are really cute together 2 Smiley && even though Rory had a hard time getting over the fact that Logan was w/ all those girls during their breakup, he tried his best to apologize and let her know that he loves HER.  Even though he can be a jerk, he's super sweet.  They are absolutely adorable.

ApRiL gIlMoRe
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: