GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 03:17:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 148
  Print  
Author Topic: Music Thread  (Read 702751 times)
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: November 08, 2007, 05:37:53 am »

Lightening Crashes was one of my favorite Live songs.  I was actually surprised to hear they are still on tour, I canít remember hearing any of their stuff on the radio lately. 

Be My Guest was one of the best Beauty and the Beast songs, I can see how it would get annoying though.  And I forgot about The Simpsons version!  Now Iím going to have that version stuck in my head.  Cheesy
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 08, 2007, 12:17:05 pm »

Lightening Crashes was one of my favorite Live songs.† I was actually surprised to hear they are still on tour, I canít remember hearing any of their stuff on the radio lately.†

Be My Guest was one of the best Beauty and the Beast songs, I can see how it would get annoying though.† And I forgot about The Simpsons version!† Now Iím going to have that version stuck in my head.† Cheesy

I think Live had their big moment in the mid '90s with the disc Throwing Copper and the songs on it such as "Lightening Crashes", but they faded after that. I had no idea they were still together, let alone touring.

I watched a Simpsons clip of "See My Vest" at youtube for old time's sake. He He, funny stuff! But i shielded my dog's eyes while i watched. She is sensitive to such things.† Wink

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
gilmoregirlfreak
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 09, 2007, 06:23:22 pm »

i love carrie underwoods song before he cheats.it makes me think of logan every time they mention the car

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 13, 2007, 10:01:12 pm »

Wow! That whole Live thing reminds me of when I was in high school...people really liked them. I never got into them too much...but remember that Lighting Crashes song very well.

I'm so loving No One by Alicia Keys right now.  Shocked I'm sure some may be surprised by that, knowing that generally I like metal and punk...but for some reason I can't get enough of that song! It's amazing and she's amazing!

I love being open minded when it comes to music and never shutting the door on any type or artist. Well, at least, not most artists. There are some that I just won't listen to and can't understand, with all due respect. But for the most part, anything goes for me! Smiley

Don't know that I can say that I've heard the Simpson's version of Be Our Guest but Beauty and the Beast was one of the few Disney movies that I actually watched and liked for some reason. Don't know why.

Right now, I'm into a lot of local music. Support your local music scene! Whatever it may be...just get out there and support it! I fully support the local scene here, most of the bands are good and the members genuine people. There are some that ruin it but for the most part, it's a great scene. There are definite 'lines' that keep the different genres separate - but that's a given. The bands are for the most part, hard working and just want to get out here and play music for others. It's a good thing! 
It's been awhile since I've been to this thread! So glad that people are keeping it alive! I'll come up with some new questions and return with those! Hope all are well!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:04:51 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 13, 2007, 10:04:04 pm »

I haven't been on here in a while!

So I've come here to reveal my one big music secret : I adore Hannah Montana.
Yes, she's 15, but she's a great singer.
Her lyrics sadly relate to my life.
The songs are catchy.

And now I'm going to go hide in shame.  Grin Cheesy Smiley

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:09 pm »

Sooks, I love tha tsong by Alicia as well!!

CathyCoffee, don't be ashamed, everyone has his guilty pleasures

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
shiran
Town Resident

Community Points: 83

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 17, 2007, 09:34:08 am »

Sooks, I love tha tsong by Alicia as well!!

CathyCoffee, don't be ashamed, everyone has his guilty pleasures
i agree wit mira will have our secrets on what we love to hear...

so because it's the music thread i wanted to ask what you think about Timbaland?

i personally think the man is a genius when it comes to music...
i mean i liked all the songs he released and all of them did make #1

if there's no light it means it's dark (one of my brilliant moments)
save the cheerleader save the world (what if it was true?...)
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 17, 2007, 09:40:48 am »

I have mixed feelings about Timabaland. On one hand, I think he just takes other peoples songs and earns money on them, like for example, Apologize was released by One Republic like a year ago, but on the other hand, they'd probably stay anonymous if it wasn't for him 

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 17, 2007, 11:57:20 am »

I like Timbaland to an extent. His songs have mostly good lyrics and beats.
But I do agree with him stealing songs from others.
Its ridiculous how many features he has.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 17, 2007, 02:35:21 pm »

oh my gosh I love the new Nickelback song 'Rockstars' it's so good!

And I'm still like totally addicted to the Plain White T's.

Does anyone like The Hoosiers??

I love the Simpson's version of 'Be My Guest' it's sooo funny. I loved the Simpsons but I never watch it anymore!  Smiley

I don't like Timbaland it's not really my kinda music I prefer kinda Rock or Alternative or Indie or any Old School stuff!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 17, 2007, 09:30:52 pm »

I'm into all kinds of music and I really like Timbaland

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1526 on: November 17, 2007, 09:44:37 pm »

I'm so loving No One by Alicia Keys right now.  Shocked I'm sure some may be surprised by that, knowing that generally I like metal and punk...but for some reason I can't get enough of that song! It's amazing and she's amazing!

Mel- I am a little surprised Shocked but on the other hand not because No One is a beautiful song! I am obsessed with it right now.  I think this song would appeal to people that listen to all types of music.  Alicia Key's voice is amazing.  Highly recommended song to anyone that hasn't heard it yet!!

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 24, 2007, 06:13:52 pm »

OMG i have "no one" stuck in my head too, mostly from the target commercials!  Grin i think that song is really good as well. I also have "california" by phantom planet stuck in my head. Songs really do get stuck in heads way to easily.

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1528 on: November 24, 2007, 06:49:23 pm »

I have to do a project for my english class where you mkae a soundtrack for a book (like it was a movie) and the book I'm doing is a period piece, so I thought about doing the Sofia Coppola thing where I have a bunch of new age songs that don't really fit the era. One of them is Feist's 1234 which I love! and Melody of a Fallen tree. I'm also big on the Decemberists. I live in their hometown, so that be the basis of my fetish Tongue

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
pacey180
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 24, 2007, 08:35:37 pm »

Does anyone here play an instrument or compose music or both? I play guitar and I have composed music, I've only done it for like a few months but I am very proud of what I've done, the music I've come up with is for television, it's for the news, and I have some of it if anyone here wants to listen to it. I'd really like to take it further but I'm just not sure what to do. I actually sent some of my music to a company that produces music for TV news programs and they said it was good but it needed to be more "current" and "innovative", whatever that means. I'd love to have all of you hear it, maybe I can show you my guitar too.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 148
  Print  

Jump to: