GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 26, 2022, 04:38:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 148
  Print  
Author Topic: Music Thread  (Read 652664 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: July 18, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »

I was raised on country, but I'm going into a lot more different styles now...

Plain White T's
The Fray
Rooney
Brad Paisley
Taylor Swift

Carrie Underwood
Queen
Billy Ray Cyrus
Rascal Flatts
Panic! At the Disco
Fergie

Rascal Flatts is one of the most amazing bands ever!!!! I've seen them in conscert twice.
Taylor Swift is becoming one of my faviortes. I love her songs!
Carrie Underwood, I've always liked.....

I'm kinda the same way, my friends call me crazy because they know that I'm a country girl at heart. But then on my myspace profile I have songs like,
"Lips of an Angel" By Hinder
"Will I?" From the movie Rent
"I Can Only Imagine" by- Mercyme
"Louisana Woman, Mississippi Man" Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn
"End of the Road" Boy II Man
" She will be Loved" by Maroon 5
"Move Along" All American Rejects
"Independence day" Martina McBride
"Before He CHeats" Carrie Underwood
"Rent-revised" By Johnathan Larwson
"Your the One THat I want" Grease
"Forever and Always" Shina Twian
"Don't Take the Girl" Tim McGraw
"Teardrops on My Gutiar" Taylor Swift
"Your Still the One" Shina Twain
"Out Tonigh" From Rent
"Party for Two" Shina Twain and Billy Currington
and
"Here For the Party" Gretchen Wilson

So that's my music taste at the moment.

I. Adore. Taylor. Swift. And Brad Paisley. (Henceforth the sig.) I think that country music is by FAR the best kind of music to listen to. And I saw Brad Paisley in concert...I could have touched him I was so close, but he was playing his guitar and I would have looked like a fool.  :Smiley Hah. Anywho. I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert in...one week!! Wooooot! Yeah. I'm done rambling now.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 19, 2007, 08:19:13 am »

As of the Smashing Pumpkin's, I haven't picked it up yet, because I'm a little ify on it.   Loved them, but I don't know.

I listened to a little online today.  I have to say I wasnít extremely impressed, the first few songs all sounded about the same and thatís one thing that I loved about them Ė even though their sound was consistent they were able to mix it up.   But I also only heard 30 seconds of each song so I donít know, that could change.  Iíll probably still get it but Iím setting myself up for disappointment.
Elise Gilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

Gilmore Girls = love, so pour me another cup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1397 on: July 21, 2007, 03:35:25 pm »

THe Killers! <3 Grin

gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 22, 2007, 05:56:07 pm »

i heard about avril :(do you think she really stole that song from them?

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
Elise Gilmore
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1399 on: July 23, 2007, 02:13:08 am »

i heard about avril :(do you think she really stole that song from them?

Stole what song? Stole what song from whom??

indiecoffee
« Reply #1400 on: July 23, 2007, 04:31:00 am »

haha, yah, she seems to steal a lot of songs.  Has anyone noticed her song "boyfriend" ...or whatever its called..I can't stand it, sounds exactly like Tony Basil's "Hey Micky"? 

Anyone here heard of or listen to 'Amusement Parks on Fire'?  They rock so hard, its unbelievable!  Check 'em out if you get a chance!
Elise Gilmore
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1401 on: July 23, 2007, 05:23:56 am »

haha, yah, she seems to steal a lot of songs.† Has anyone noticed her song "boyfriend" ...or whatever its called..I can't stand it, sounds exactly like Tony Basil's "Hey Micky"?†

Anyone here heard of or listen to 'Amusement Parks on Fire'?† They rock so hard, its unbelievable!† Check 'em out if you get a chance!

Yeah! I know! It's horrible!

Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1402 on: July 23, 2007, 06:53:34 am »

I recently purchased the new Spoon cd "Ga Ga Ga'

I heard some of Spoon, how's the cd?
The cd is pretty good but personally I feel like it isn't as good as 'Gimme Fiction' I have been listening to it non-stop though.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 23, 2007, 06:30:41 pm »

I thought I'd swing by here to see what everyone's talking about music related. I don't know much about Avril except that I'm not big into her music...and she's young, not that that really matters. I don't know much about most bands that have been mentioned here actually! But, I'm going to look into the Amusement Parks On Fire. I haven't heard of them and am always up to learn of new bands.

I think way back when I may have posted here and said that I'm big into metal (any type of metal except the newer stuff) and punk. I like jazz and R&B, and sure, I'll even go for some country now and then but nothing major. I don't like what most would consider pop music and don't really get into the modern rock stuff. I'm weird, I know! Smiley I do however, like hearing what others are intersted in and like I said, learning of new bands! I fully support local music and hope that you do too!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 23, 2007, 06:43:29 pm »

I was raised on country, but I'm going into a lot more different styles now...

Plain White T's
The Fray
Rooney
Brad Paisley
Taylor Swift

Carrie Underwood
Queen
Billy Ray Cyrus
Rascal Flatts
Panic! At the Disco
Fergie

Rascal Flatts is one of the most amazing bands ever!!!! I've seen them in conscert twice.
Taylor Swift is becoming one of my faviortes. I love her songs!
Carrie Underwood, I've always liked.....

I'm kinda the same way, my friends call me crazy because they know that I'm a country girl at heart. But then on my myspace profile I have songs like,
"Lips of an Angel" By Hinder
"Will I?" From the movie Rent
"I Can Only Imagine" by- Mercyme
"Louisana Woman, Mississippi Man" Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn
"End of the Road" Boy II Man
" She will be Loved" by Maroon 5
"Move Along" All American Rejects
"Independence day" Martina McBride
"Before He CHeats" Carrie Underwood
"Rent-revised" By Johnathan Larwson
"Your the One THat I want" Grease
"Forever and Always" Shina Twian
"Don't Take the Girl" Tim McGraw
"Teardrops on My Gutiar" Taylor Swift
"Your Still the One" Shina Twain
"Out Tonigh" From Rent
"Party for Two" Shina Twain and Billy Currington
and
"Here For the Party" Gretchen Wilson

So that's my music taste at the moment.

I. Adore. Taylor. Swift. And Brad Paisley. (Henceforth the sig.) I think that country music is by FAR the best kind of music to listen to. And I saw Brad Paisley in concert...I could have touched him I was so close, but he was playing his guitar and I would have looked like a fool. :Smiley Hah. Anywho. I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert in...one week!! Wooooot! Yeah. I'm done rambling now.

AH!!!! Not fair!!! Kenny Chesney is on of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!!! That's so not fair! I've seen Rascal Flatts twice. That's pretty cool.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
indiecoffee
« Reply #1405 on: July 24, 2007, 04:21:59 am »

Sooks, did you find any "Amusement parks on fire"?  The description on the cd said "an aural assault."  I think its not quite an assault, but I love the reverb and distortion in the guitars and voices.  I found their first cd, tucked way back in the corner at the music store.  I could not believe it, I almost plotzed!  I have been looking high and low for it for some time.  Thank goodness for indie record stores!  It not quite metal, but they are close.  Enjoy!
Elise Gilmore
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1406 on: July 24, 2007, 09:03:56 am »

Anyone heard of Switchfoot??

Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1407 on: July 25, 2007, 06:37:18 am »

I. Adore. Taylor. Swift. And Brad Paisley. (Henceforth the sig.) I think that country music is by FAR the best kind of music to listen to. And I saw Brad Paisley in concert...I could have touched him I was so close, but he was playing his guitar and I would have looked like a fool. :Smiley Hah. Anywho. I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert in...one week!! Wooooot! Yeah. I'm done rambling now.

I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert too!!† On Saturday at Gillette Stadium!† I cannot wait! This will be my third time seeing him there!† It is so much fun!† Got my cowboy hat and am all ready to go!

~KRISTIN~
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 25, 2007, 07:00:30 pm »

Sooks, did you find any "Amusement parks on fire"? The description on the cd said "an aural assault." I think its not quite an assault, but I love the reverb and distortion in the guitars and voices. I found their first cd, tucked way back in the corner at the music store. I could not believe it, I almost plotzed! I have been looking high and low for it for some time. Thank goodness for indie record stores! It not quite metal, but they are close. Enjoy!

I haven't found any yet, but have only looked in one record shop. I too am so thankful for indie record stores! I have my favorite one to go to yet, so there's still hope! Smiley I'll let you know when I find them and how I like them. As I said above, I'm all for finding new bands/ artists! It's what keeps the world going 'round for me! Thank you for sharing them! I'm interested to find out more of your music likes...

Anyone heard of Switchfoot??

I'm guessing here, but aren't they the band that had some songs on A Walk to Remember? I don't know much of their music but have heard a song or two I think.

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
indiecoffee
« Reply #1409 on: July 26, 2007, 04:46:56 am »

Sooks, you and I seem the same music wise.  Finding new and fantastic music is what keeps me going as well!  I am always scouring the "used" bin at the indie record store, checking out new bands online, that kind of thing.  My cd collection just keeps on growing!  If you check out my "myspace" page...just find it on Caryn's or Michelle's...I have a list of "some" of my favorite bands and artists.  If you find that you enjoy 'amusement parks on fire', you may also want to check out "The appleseed cast."  Oh man, I could talk about music for hours and hours.  I think I am in the wrong line of work, I need to do something musical. Cool
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 148
  Print  

Jump to: