GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 10:54:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 206362 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 01, 2007, 04:23:05 pm »

Chrissi There's no way to find out who gave you the pretty sticks/ community points, unless the person tells you they gave it to you. Sometimes, someone will say something about giving you a *pretty stick* and then you know who and why and you should see your number reflect that. Like now, I just gave you one to show you what I mean and because you're awesome!!!! Tongue Smiley Hope that helps!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2007, 08:01:37 pm »

I have been gone on vacation and feel like I have missed so much. I am working on making my postcard as we speak, I feel so behind  Undecided  Hope to have it sent in the next few days  Smiley  I have some great photos that i am using for it  Smiley  I am so anxious to find out who my postcard penpal is!  Sounds like people are sending some pretty creative cards.  Hope the one I am making will be as great some of the ones mentioned sound. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
roryappletarts
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2007, 08:13:51 am »

I'm working on getting my postcard now. We have a town fair (not kidding) on Wednesday, so maybe there will be something there. Cheesy

---
Lorelai: Ethics?
Rory: High subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl?
---
Karen: Do you still have feelings for her?
Jim: ...Yes
Us: *squee*
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2007, 08:34:58 am »

Amy How was your vacation?! I hope that you're having a wonderful summer! It's SO good to see you! Whoever gets your postcard will love it, I know it!

roryappletarts Is your town fair like the Stars Hallow carnivals and fairs in the town square?? Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2007, 12:04:37 pm »

I just sent my Postcard as we speak!  I worked on it all day.  I cannot wait until they receive it! 

My vacation was fabulous and very relaxing, thanks for asking Mel.  Some lucky person Wink will get to see some great photos from my vacation, b/c I used them to create my own postcard! 

Roryappletarts- Can I come to your town fair, sounds like fun, LOL?!!

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2007, 01:36:56 pm »

@mel: i knew about that "pretty stick"  Wink but no one told me he or she pretty sticked me that's why i'm confused.
thank you very much for your pretty stick Smiley you're awesome too!!!

EDIT
Today (07/03) when i came home from school i was in a very bad mood. like always i asked my mom "did i get a postcard today" (not expecting anything)...and she said: "No,you got 2 postcards" and i was like "WOW!!!2!!!"
this totally made my day!!i looove the postcards...they are so nice. i really want to visit you,my postcard pal Smiley

when are we going to tell who our postcard pal is?

i'm sooo happy,thank you so much!!!!

EDIT2:
to the person who got my postcard: i sent you a pm but i think you didn't get it. please let me know so i can send a message to you again.thx
to the person who sent me postcards: i sent you a pm too but i also think you didn't receive it. please let me know so i can sent a message to you again.thx
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:35:37 pm by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2007, 12:46:51 pm »

Sooks and Marian I sent you guys a PM. I'll try to send yours out next week. The rest of this week I will be doing family stuff because it is July 4th.  Pow Bam I'm going to visit my mom and brothers so I will be out of town for a little bit.  Smiley

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2007, 03:44:57 pm »

Katy,  I'm so glad you were able to find some ORG penpals ... I hope it all works out.  Wink

How exciting that people are beginning to receive their postcards!  Celebrate  This is the fun part.  Nod  I hope that people will come and post when their postcard reaches them.  That way we'll be sure that everyone is accounted for so no one is left out.

If you haven't sent your postcard yet, please do so by July 10th - your postcard pal will love it!  Hearts  Kiss

Also, all of those who are worried that the only thing they sent was a postcard - don't!  That is completely and perfectly fine.  Smiley

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2007, 04:09:52 pm »

I have my postcards ready to send, but can't find the time to buy an envelope and stamps (lame excuse, I know, but I had exams and now I have to work). Hopefully I'll send the postcards this Thursday, so my postcard pal should be receiving them early next week.
BTW, I'm finally able to say that I'm going to L.A and San Diego for a couple of weeks in August and then to Durango, Colorado until February. Anybody around here who lives around there?

See ya all!
Leire

GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:53 pm »

Oh put me on the list! I would love to have a penpal!

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
b.fox
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2007, 08:09:46 pm »

I just read this thread, and I love the idea, but I didn't read it in time to sign up Sad. Is it possible to do another sign up period so that people that didn't read it in time can geta postcard pal?

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going" We will always love our  girls!

come and see my original gg items at http://www.cafepress.com/theggshop
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:05 am »

I just read this thread, and I love the idea, but I didn't read it in time to sign up Sad. Is it possible to do another sign up period so that people that didn't read it in time can geta postcard pal?
love that idea.

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2007, 11:16:47 am »

just bought my postcard today! i was going to send some pics with it but my camera broke; an though it is bigging up my town, i still think it reflects it nicely! hehe will send it probably tommorow, hopefully we have some stamps! lol

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:24 am »

Good idea, I'd like to do it too!!!  Cheesy

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Brazilgirl
« Reply #269 on: July 04, 2007, 12:07:03 pm »

Good idea, I'd like to do it too!!!  Cheesy

Actually you guys, what some people are doing (our Sookie's idea) is getting postcard pals for themselves. The two of you could pair up and exchange address if you feel comfortable doing it... and are eligible to participate (see first page of thread)... it's up to you... maybe you can send a card to a person you already talk to and are familiar with, just so you don't give you address to "anybody"... you know?  Tongue

If this works out I'm sure the girls will be doing other events similar (we've already done secret santa)... you could wait for the "next edition" of Postcard Pal as well  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: