GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 11:11:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 206367 times)
spazticbret88
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2007, 09:58:31 pm »

Does anyone want to be my pen pal? LOL... I feel so left out.  Sad

I will!!! I want a pen pal too and I don't have one.......... Embarrassed
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:44 pm »

Maybe if there are a lot of people who want to have a postcard pal and didn't make the deadline or joined the site later than the cut-off date, the individuals can trade addresses and set up their own postcard pals until we do this again (hopefully *hint* Caryn and Shell). Just make sure to be careful about who you give you address to and use the same gudelines as outlined on the main page. I'm thinking that the date for registered members was picked as a safety/ cautionary that would help with the trust factor. Not saying that those registered after that date aren't trustworthy, just the longer you've been here, the most people kind of get to know you. Of course, anyone can be someone other than they say, and this 'identity' can hold up for a long long time. It's hard to know who's on the other side of the computer, but hopefully, with caution, everything will be safe and sound!

OK, that was a long ramble. Sorry! Just thought that those who weren't paired up 'officially' could work out their own penpals individually if they so desire. Just be careful and make your decision to give someone your address carefully. And don't hold the ORG accountable, should there be any trouble caused. I know Heidi doesn't need any trouble, and this wouldn't be 'official' or sponsored by the ORG. Whatever people do on their own is their own business.

Alright, that was a lot of much un-needed rambling. Sorry! I was just trying to make sure all the bases were covered while at the same time, encouraging people to not feel left out anything - and thinking of a way to help others get penpals too!

Hope that didn't upset anyone! So sorry if I did or said something I shouldn't have.

~Mel

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2007, 02:40:45 am »

Grin..

Of cause! Cheesy I'll get back on it soon Blow Kiss

well you have got a week time now..as i am going away..just send me a pm...when you feel like it..

Cheesy I am a picky man Wink

ahh well then i am lucky... Wink

I would like to be anyone's pen pal really. I just would want people to write back. It's no fun when you are the only one writing letters.... Wink

i know that..i am somebody who writes back straight away..all my penpals need a lot of time..or they just stop writing..i hate that..

Cheesy And then the police comes...

good one   Cheesy

OK, that was a long ramble. Sorry! 

i love your rambling sooks  Smiley

so i may send another postcard...not sure yet..
i am leaving for Croatia today
so talk to you all in a weeks time  Smiley
bye

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
indiecoffee
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2007, 05:11:56 am »

Ok, well, I am going to be one of thoese people that just sends a postcard as well.  That is the whole point, right?  Geez...now I feel bad, but seriously I don't have time to go out and take pictures and make it all snazy.  I hope my person enjoys their postcard (I got a good one, I swear!)  But sorry, no cd's or pictures or crafty art Tongue
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2007, 06:47:02 am »

Maybe if there are a lot of people who want to have a postcard pal and didn't make the deadline or joined the site later than the cut-off date, the individuals can trade addresses and set up their own postcard pals until we do this again (hopefully *hint* Caryn and Shell). Just make sure to be careful about who you give you address to and use the same gudelines as outlined on the main page. I'm thinking that the date for registered members was picked as a safety/ cautionary that would help with the trust factor. Not saying that those registered after that date aren't trustworthy, just the longer you've been here, the most people kind of get to know you. Of course, anyone can be someone other than they say, and this 'identity' can hold up for a long long time. It's hard to know who's on the other side of the computer, but hopefully, with caution, everything will be safe and sound!

OK, that was a long ramble. Sorry! Just thought that those who weren't paired up 'officially' could work out their own penpals individually if they so desire. Just be careful and make your decision to give someone your address carefully. And don't hold the ORG accountable, should there be any trouble caused. I know Heidi doesn't need any trouble, and this wouldn't be 'official' or sponsored by the ORG. Whatever people do on their own is their own business.

Alright, that was a lot of much un-needed rambling. Sorry! I was just trying to make sure all the bases were covered while at the same time, encouraging people to not feel left out anything - and thinking of a way to help others get penpals too!

Hope that didn't upset anyone! So sorry if I did or said something I shouldn't have.

~Mel

Is there any wonder why you got nominated for Ms. Congeniality!!  Your so sweet! Smiley

~KRISTIN~
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »

Kristin Thanks - you're very sweet too!! Smiley I love your sig by the way! I just try to do my little part in the world and hopefully, along the way, make a few people smile, think, laugh, and know they are appreciated. I really don't want any recognition though, it's not the point or reason. I'm totally get off track again. So sorry!!

Alright, who is sending a CD?! That's awesome...but holy cow!!! I'm putting my postcard in the mail tomorrow, taking it to the post office so the right postage amount gets put on it and sending it! As it is and that's it! Smiley I think it will be appreciated but I don't know what my postcard pal likes because I don't know them too well. So, when I get to know more about them, I will send another that they will like more, hopefully!! I love how creative people are being! I just wish that I had more creative thoughts on this!!

Ok, well, I am going to be one of thoese people that just sends a postcard as well. That is the whole point, right?

Yes, that's the point. To send a postcard to your postcard pal. I'm sure your postcard will be GRAND!! Grin

Marlies Bye-bye!! Have a wonderful, fun, and SAFE trip!! We'll miss you but will be waiting in a week!!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2007, 04:36:35 pm »

Katy, I'll be your pen pal too! 

Marlies, Croatia? Awesome! You've no idea how lucky you are, always traveling!

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2007, 06:04:35 pm »

Marlies- I got your PM. Do you just want me to PM you my address? And you can PM yours to me?

Sooks and Marian do you want me to do the same for you too? Just let me know.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2007, 07:57:04 pm »

Huh, so many new pages ... I should have dropped in here earlier .. especially now that I have read how almost *everyone* is sending more postcards and stuff.

Well, I guess I should sent another then too? No problem Smiley  .. Since I made the first one myself (usps.com has been a great tipp until it came to the point of paying for the card - they don't expect credit cards from outside U.S. Sad   - but I printed it out myself since I liked it so much) I will buy another one and then the lucky receiver can decide which one (s)he likes more  Grin

Can't wait until I have my postcard in the mail and we start sharing the cards. This has really been an awesome idea!!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2007, 08:41:35 pm »

Oh, Divine, I don't think you need to feel pressure to send more than one postcard to your pal. That's all that they were going for, if I'm correct in my thinking. I think people just couldn't decide on which postcard to send to their pal - - so they are sending two. But, it's up to you.

Marian and I were just saying we would send one to Katy because she didn't get in on the "official" matching for Project Postcard Exchange. So, don't feel the need to send more than your one postcard. Smiley

Hey Marian!!! So good to see you! HUGS!

Sure, if you want to send one, Katy that's cool...but no pressure from me. I realized I forgot to PM you - shall do so in a few minutes. Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2007, 05:54:16 am »

Sooks,

Just PM me whenever!  Cheesy

I'm going to a bridal show on Sunday so I might not post until Monday. But I'll check my PMs then!

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2007, 07:41:45 am »

i just wanted to let you guys now that i'm still around.
i'm so excited to receive my postcard and i'm also excited to know
if my postcard pal likes the postcard or not Smiley
btw: it's nothing special... Embarrassed (i sent it last week)
love,
chrissi

...angel without wings
totalggfan84
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2007, 05:21:43 pm »

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I received my postcard this morning and it made my whole day better. I was so excited when I received and when my dad said "something for you Rachel." I'm not gonna reveal who sent it yet.

I feel really bad because I haven't sent my own out yet.

Rachel

^Sig made by the awesome lukesgirl!^
Hi my name is Rachel (Angela is my TJS).
~Literati, Java Junkie~
Obsessed with Harry Potter and Twilight!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2007, 07:51:23 pm »

Rachel That's so awesome that you received your postcard AND that it made your day better!!! Smiley YAY!

Chrissi I'm so glad that you're still around! I had been wondering how you're doing! I have a PM that I owe ya! I shall get to this this weekend! I'm excited to get my postcard too but even more excited to hear how my postcard pal likes their postcard! I'm sending mine out on Monday because I changed my mind about the postcard I wanted to send! Smiley

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2007, 05:39:05 am »

Is Rachel the first one who received a postcard? Smiley

@mel: that's okay Smiley something to look forward to. i'm doing great,hope you too!

OT question: how can i find out from whom i received the community points? cause i don't know why i received them and i'd like to know Wink
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 05:40:45 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: