GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 11:09:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 206366 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2007, 08:48:21 pm »

Hi, everyone!   Kiss

Thanks Michelle and Caryn for all your hard work in putting this together!  Michelle, I am sure you are swamped right now with the school year ending and all!

Thanks, Kristin!  I couldn't quite yet respond when you first posted this, but as of 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time yesterday, I checked out of my classroom and am now on summer vacation!  Celebrate  To which I have to say ... finally!

Also, to everyone else who has thanked myself and my partner in postcards Caryn - it is more than our pleasure!  Nod  This project has been more exciting for us than we can describe.  We are very much looking forward to making matches and moving on to the next stage of this fun project. 

I'm loving all of the discussions about postcards that people are thinking about and am excited for people to share once the postcards are sent.

Thank you to all who are participating!  Hearts

roryappletarts
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2007, 01:52:09 pm »

Ah! It's almost the 20th! Wednesday People!

Caryn and Shell, I will be waiting!

---
Lorelai: Ethics?
Rory: High subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl?
---
Karen: Do you still have feelings for her?
Jim: ...Yes
Us: *squee*
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2007, 02:53:08 pm »

i'm so sorry but i have to ask this again cause i don't want to make any mistakes Wink
do we have to send the postcards as soon as we got the addresses?

love,chrissi

...angel without wings
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2007, 10:14:17 pm »

do we have to send the postcards as soon as we got the addresses?

no..you have time to post it until to the 10th of July  Smiley

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2007, 12:16:30 am »

Thanks Marlies - I've had a hectic day today and didn't get a chance to answer this earlier.  There is a about a two week period from when you get your recipient to the mail out deadline Chrissi, so don't panic.

Shell and I have started to put some thought into who will be partnered with whom and now it feels real to me...if that makes sense.  I'm very excited to see this play out.

Please read Forum Rules
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2007, 07:14:32 am »

thanks for the info Smiley

i'm so excited which people you partner, honkifuluvGG

...angel without wings
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2007, 08:12:37 am »

Shell and I have started to put some thought into who will be partnered with whom and now it feels real to me...if that makes sense.  I'm very excited to see this play out.
Dance <--- Excited me after reading that.

Yay! Dude I cannot wait, LOL. Like I said before, it is so exciting to me because unlike when we did Secret Santa when Marian and I sent presents to eachother, I'll have no clue who will be sending me a card this time.

Good thing you guys can't see me now.. when I get all happy/excited about something I get all giddy and crap. HAHAHAHA

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2007, 06:59:14 pm »

Yes!  We've begun the process and it should go quickly now.  It's been fun!  Celebrate  Hee hee, I feel like I'm planning the seating chart for a wedding or something -- this person should be near this person because they get along, etc.   Cheesy 

Yay! Dude I cannot wait, LOL. Like I said before, it is so exciting to me because unlike when we did Secret Santa when Marian and I sent presents to eachother, I'll have no clue who will be sending me a card this time.

Good thing you guys can't see me now.. when I get all happy/excited about something I get all giddy and crap. HAHAHAHA

Awww, Kami, I'm so happy you're excited to be surprised this time!   Kiss  I definitely get all giddy and crap when I'm all happy as well.  Ask Caryn!  When we first began this and so many people were joining I was so excited that she had to endure me giving a little cheer about it every five minutes!  Nod  Luckily, she has (at this point anyhow) decided to still remain my friend.   Grin Wink

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2007, 11:08:22 am »

Michelle and/or Caryn (or anyone who knows the answer for that matter)

I was wondering what time people have until to join?

My New Website
lalaliz2005
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2007, 11:11:20 am »

Refer to the first page of this thread for more info! I pulled this off for you:

Dates:
• Participants must be members of the ORG forum before April 30th, 2007.
Anyone who’d like to participate must sign up between May 28th and June 20th.
• Each Postcard Pal will receive the mailing information of their Postcard Pal between June 20th and June 25th.
• Postcards should be sent to Postcard Pals on or before July 10th.
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2007, 11:14:58 am »

Refer to the first page of this thread for more info! I pulled this off for you:

Dates:
• Participants must be members of the ORG forum before April 30th, 2007.
Anyone who’d like to participate must sign up between May 28th and June 20th.
• Each Postcard Pal will receive the mailing information of their Postcard Pal between June 20th and June 25th.
• Postcards should be sent to Postcard Pals on or before July 10th.

Yeah but I mean what time as in 1pm PST on June 20th?  or something like that

My New Website
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2007, 11:16:47 am »

Thanks, lalaliz2005!  Smiley  I was just going to say that.  Caryn and I have plans to work on it tonight and pretty much finalize Postcard Pals as we don't anticipate a lot more people joining at this point.  However, I guess technically people have all day tomorrow (June 20th - and we'll go by org time) to join according to our guidelines.  If anyone is on the fence about joining, though, I encourage you to do it ASAP so that we don't have to slot you in at the last minute!   Wink

Pairing people up has been so much fun.  It won't be long and all of you will get your PMs with who you have.  Yay! Celebrate

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting this and helped recruit people.  We truly appreciate it.   Kiss

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2007, 12:12:46 pm »

Pairing people up has been so much fun.  It won't be long and all of you will get your PMs with who you have.  Yay! Celebrate
Oooooh pairing people up was the best part when we did the Secret Santa! I remember that. Smiley I also remember the day that we started pairing up, was the same day that I got my cell phone stolen.. that's how I remember that so much.

Hehe ok back on topic.. I'm so looking forward to that PM. Woot woot! Star

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2007, 12:22:51 pm »

I can't wait to receive the PM telling me who I get to send the postcard to.
Do you think you'll be able to send the PM like tomorrow? Hahah I know I'm pretty impatient. Sorry.
But I think it's a pretty good idea, I know what I'm going to send! Grin

See ya!
Leire

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2007, 07:11:32 am »

it's wednesday!!! Smiley
to whom will i send my postcard? can't wait  Grin

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31