GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:47:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 206357 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »

Awww Amber it's our pleasure.  But we want to thank you and all others who have signed up, because this only works if people are interested, and well, the fact that we have way over 30 members signed up to participate is magnificent.

So Shell and I would like to thank you all for taking interest.   Not long to go now..... High Five

Please read Forum Rules
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 305

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2007, 06:30:02 pm »

THANKS SHELL AND CARYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone!
I'm Katie. I've been a member for a while, but I just recently returned from a hiatus! I am honored to be in on this postcard exchange.

Caryn, I have already PM'ed Shell!

Thanks again you two!

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2007, 08:07:32 pm »

I just wanted to chime in with some more of my Two Cents I don't know if this is a given or not, but although I really love where I live, I've never really been outside of the New England area, so I'm really looking forward to corresponding in some way with people from other places. If I get a postcard that boasts Vermont foliage as if I've never seen it before, I think I'll throw up.  Wink :Smiley

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2007, 08:49:38 pm »

Hehehe never fear Rachael, it is our aim to try and match people with pals as far from them as is possible, whilst still keeping a balance across the whole group.  I foresee no Vermont foliage in your near future when it comes to receiving mail from the Org Wink.

Katie:  It's been a while hun.  Welcome back - you've been missed.  Thanks for taking part in our little project and I look forward to running into you around the boards.

Please read Forum Rules
lalaliz2005
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2007, 05:08:07 am »

Just a couple more days! I'm so excited Grin

I will say... to help make some people more comfortable about making sure we're "real people" I don't mind if ya'll check out my Myspace page. The privacy block should be off.
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2007, 06:02:47 am »

@wmushell: thank you very much for explaining it to me. now i understand how it works Smiley

i'm also very excited and today i brought a postcard when i was in school.
it's nothing special though Smiley

some people may not know me so maybe i should introduce myself a little bit?
if that's okay cause then people might know that i am their postcard pal?!

love,
chrissi

...angel without wings
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2007, 07:09:05 am »

I will say... to help make some people more comfortable about making sure we're "real people" I don't mind if ya'll check out my Myspace page. The privacy block should be off.
OMG Lauren I didn't know you were signed up for this too...I need to go take a look at the list again.  I am so adding you to myspace when I get home

I am really excited about this too.  I know it isn't until the 20th-25th that we are going to get our addresses but I am already have which postcard I am going to send first.  I'm totally sure what I am going to say but it will be great

My New Website
lalaliz2005
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2007, 07:12:06 am »

OMG Lauren I didn't know you were signed up for this too...I need to go take a look at the list again. I am so adding you to myspace when I get home

I am really excited about this too. I know it isn't until the 20th-25th that we are going to get our addresses but I am already have which postcard I am going to send first. I'm totally sure what I am going to say but it will be great

If you need my last name to add me, it's McAvoy or use my email: [email protected]    I'm sure which one it takes. I'm also on Facebook... just search for: Lauren E McAvoy in the Augusta, GA network. (I think lol)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2007, 08:40:37 am »

HI KEITH!!
I haven't seen you around here in forever.. nor have I talked to you in awhile.. Sad I realieze that I haven't signed into AIM in some time. But I still noticed that you were signed up for this! So that must mean that you are still lurking around the ORG and seeing whats up with the gang.
Hey! =) Yeah, of course I still lurk around, this place and it's people are all too special for me to not! Reading and posting has been very difficult for me for a while now, it takes a lot of time and concentration(I've been having a short attention span). Plus, I've been kind of anti-social. But even just reading is hard! (Sprees posts!) It's my fault we haven't talked for a while, I'm sorry. That just might change soon.
HAHA yeah just a week or so ago I started posting more often in the Sprees thread because I hadn't been there in so long. But I'm caught up with that thread and everything now. It sucks when I don't post as much or stop by cause so much is missed! and I tend to always feel left out of everyones life.. lol. So everytime I get back to normal I usually have to stop in my main threads and butt in. Its also ok that we haven't talked in awhile. No need to say that its your fault! I still have other ORG members to bug. Wink

OMG Katie!! I haven't seen you in forever! Nice to have you back. Smiley
So looking forward to finding out who I get!

Couldn't resist this cute lil kangaroo! Called Red Kangaroos. They live in New Wales, Australia!

Hearts

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
*Katie*
Diner Regular

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2007, 05:33:19 pm »

Hey, thanks Kami and Caryn. I am glad to be back.

I missed you guys. It's been so long.. we need to catch up soon!

Hey, btw, have you seen that mysterious man of ours around much? Wink

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2007, 05:35:24 pm »

Hehehe kami I love it.  It's New South Wales btw, but good try.

Im glad you guys are all very excited for this.  Michelle and I are starting to strategise over our pairing up, so we are feeling the excitement also.

I'm still trying to find the perfect card to send to my penpal - do I go with the stereotype or not?  It's a hard decision seeing as though some people will never get here in their lifetime.  It might be more appreciated than something that is obscure.  Hmmmm well I have a little more time to think about it I guess Grin

Katie:  Hmmmm actually since you left, he hasn't been around so much.  *tries not to read more into that than should be* Wink  He is taking part in our little project though, so who knows maybe we'll inspire him to come back a little more often. Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2007, 05:39:46 pm »

New South Wales.. got it. Wink

Katie:  Hmmmm actually since you left, he hasn't been around so much.  *tries not to read more into that than should be* Wink  He is taking part in our little project though, so who knows maybe we'll inspire him to come back a little more often. Kiss
Eh? am I missing something? lol who is the mysterious guy??

I'm also a little stumpted on what kind of postcard to get.. Undecided I don't want to bland but I also want it to be something special that my Pal will love and stuff. I dunno! I've been thinking, but gotta think faster so that I can go and buy the damn thing.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
*Katie*
Diner Regular

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2007, 05:55:11 pm »

Katie: Hmmmm actually since you left, he hasn't been around so much. *tries not to read more into that than should be* Wink He is taking part in our little project though, so who knows maybe we'll inspire him to come back a little more often. Kiss
Where's Janich when you need him? I think that calls for a *dirty*!

I know... I was thinking the same thing last night. What kind of postcard do I get? Do I get a weird one, or a somewhat normal one? I think it might be kind of hard to find a normal postcard in Minnesota. If you know what I mean...Wink

I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2007, 07:29:20 pm »

Eh? am I missing something? lol who is the mysterious guy??
Cheesy It's Funk, Kami. Wink All the animals you're posting up are so cute! Hearts I sense you're doing this for your honourary Aussieness? Wink

I think it might be kind of hard to find a normal postcard in Minnesota. If you know what I mean...Wink
I don't. Undecided What do you mean?
Nice to have you back, Katie!

Keith- Don't be sorry, it's cool. I'll pm you one of these days. Smiley Haha, yeah, I hardly ever hear of stray mail stories. Cheesy How long does it take to send a postcard, anyway? I've never sent one, before.
I thank my Sweetness for bringing it to my consideration at first Kiss
How is anyone going to know who I am like that? Wink I'm glad you're taking part in this, Janich. Smiley
Hahaha, glad someone cleared that up, I was wondering!
I thought people would be! I had to jump in and stop the madness! Cheesy

I don't know what I'm going to do. I just went to a Dodger game like last month, so I wont' be going to another for maybe...another couple months. Cheesy I gotta put more thought into it. Wow, we're already going to find out who we'll be paired up with, soon! Smiley[/color]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:55:56 am by I LUV JESS~!! » Logged

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2007, 05:27:23 am »

Marlies! I haven't talked to you in a long time either... seems to be a trend huh? Sorry. =[ Just in case I forget, I wish you the best of luck with your final graduation exam!

does not matter..i know that..i was also posting less recently..because of my exams..thanks for the luck...it helped
all the luck..from so many friends here helped... Smiley

ahhh soon we will receive the adresses..
i cannot wait

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: