GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 22, 2021, 01:26:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 174612 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:53:36 pm »

Welcome to the ORG's[/b]
World   Project Postcard Exchange   World
Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!
[/size][/color][/b] 

Have you ever wanted to receive a postcard from somewhere far away? World  Do you enjoy connecting to fellow ORG members?  Then read on ... but remember, if you choose to participate your Postcard Pal is a secret!!!  Nod

General information:
• This is not an official GilmoreGirls.org project. It's simply run by Forum members. 
• Forum members who are under 18 years of age require parent or guardian consent to participate.
• The game is open to residents worldwide.

Dates:
• Participants must be members of the ORG forum before April 30th, 2007.
• Anyone who’d like to participate must sign up between May 28th and June 20th.
• Each Postcard Pal will receive the mailing information of their Postcard Pal between June 20th and June 25th.
• Postcards should be sent to Postcard Pals on or before July 10th.

Also:
• One Postcard Pal per participant.   
• The participants must be willing to provide honkifuluvGG and wmushell with his or her mailing address(which will only be shared with the participant’s Postcard Pal).
• If a participant sends his or her address and he or she changes their mind, they will be able to ask for the address back until June 20th.

How does the game work?

In order to sign up, you must send a Personal Message to honkifuluvGG and wmushell.  You will be asked for your mailing information, make sure you’re comfortable sharing it. In return, you will receive a confirmation note. 

Once we have the list of all participants, we will choose a Postcard Pal for each. The selection will not be random: we will take into account the member’s recent posts in order to choose an appropriate org member.

The Postcard Pal will get the mailing information of the participant he/she must send a postcard to. We ask that participants send their postcards in time; hopefully every member will send his/her postcard before or on July 10th.

Keep your Postcard Pal a secret!!!  It will be fun to be surprised when you receive your mail and find out who sent you a postcard.  Also, it is exciting to send something to someone else and have them be surprised.  So ... shhhhhhhh!!!    Smiley

Postcards:

It would be fun to send a postcard that represents where you live and the culture within that location.  Feel free to be creative and original. 

Giving out your mailing information:

We realize you may feel insecure about giving your mailing address to strangers. For that reason, honkifuluvGG and wmushell promise not to even look at the addresses; just send them to the Postcard Pal. We also promise to choose a Postcard Pal that you trust. If you’re still insecure, you can ask for the list of participants to be given to you on June 20th and point out the ones you feel comfortable giving your address to.

Any questions can be asked in this thread or by PM, but please keep the posts on topic.

Let the fun begin!

Postcard Pal List:
wmushell
honkifuluvGG
Heidi
Sooks
trickyiu
lozman
lalaliz2005
talkingfriend
minilorelai14
KaraGilmore
CathyCoffee
KuKuLeNiLeNi
totalggfan84
Setrix
kamibeaR
I LUV JESS~!!
kamakazedeer
Mr Funkadelic
neverapuff
Marian
mela489
QweenB
Ggirlfan
Courtney1983
the_real_paul_anka
divine
roryappletarts
tabbycat
indiecoffee
Janich O
Brazilgirl
LukeNLorelai4eva
write2amy
Chrissi
PrettyTownSpinster
*Katie*
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:14:50 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:14:40 am »

Oh cool, so you guys did go along with doing another secret type thing! I was wondering about that..

Hehe this is a cute idea with postcards and stuff! I most likely will do this. Grin And we'll get paried up with someone who is far, far from us correct?

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 12:22:55 am »

Hehe this is a cute idea with postcards and stuff! I most likely will do this. Grin And we'll get paried up with someone who is far, far from us correct?

Yes, that is our intention!!!  We would love to pair each person up with someone from another country.  However, we might have more residents from US than other places ... if this happens, we will do everything we can to pair you with someone who lives in a completely different part of the country from you. We would love for you to do it, Kami!  The secret santa project inspired us.  Nod

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:28:31 am »

Yes, that is our intention!!!  We would love to pair each person up with someone from another country.  However, we might have more residents from US than other places ... if this happens, we will do everything we can to pair you with someone who lives in a completely different part of the country from you. We would love for you to do it, Kami!  The secret santa project inspired us.  Nod
Oh I'm taking part for sure! Cause now since I'm not in charge over this I'll be surprised when I get my card from whoever! Since during the Secret Santa Marain and I decided to send gifts to eachother. Grin
Yeah that's what I was thinking.. how there's more U.S. members. But as long as you two do what you can! Yay I'm excited now.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 02:03:17 am »

Hey Kami - glad to have you on board.  it'll be nice for you to take part and have the surprise this time hun.

Thanks for the support babe.
Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 05:00:33 am »

Hey! Do the postcards have to be directly from your town? 'Cause I don't think I have ever seen any in my town...a small town outside the capital. Known for....well nothing. Tongue
I was thinking of taking pictures of my town/etc. and mailing that??

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:00:19 am »

oh i love the idea..
i have got 9 pen pals....so i guess you understand why i like the idea...postcards and letters are much more personal  Smiley

before i decided if i will participate..i have to check my calendar..cause i think..i might be away...

love the idea  Wink

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:29:56 am »

Hey! Do the postcards have to be directly from your town? 'Cause I don't think I have ever seen any in my town...a small town outside the capital. Known for....well nothing. Tongue
I was thinking of taking pictures of my town/etc. and mailing that??

No, they don't have to be directly from your town (although I love the idea of taking your own pic and using it!   Smiley).  They can be from anywhere in your state, the nearest big city, or even just from your country in general!  It's whatever best reflects you.  I hope you join!  Nod

oh i love the idea..
i have got 9 pen pals....so i guess you understand why i like the idea...postcards and letters are much more personal Smiley

before i decided if i will participate..i have to check my calendar..cause i think..i might be away...

love the idea Wink

Wow!  Nine pen pals, Marlies, you're practically a professional at this!   Wink  Let us know when you have checked your schedule because we would love to have you! 

Michelle
 Kiss

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 12:32:40 pm »

Way to go Caryn and Shell! This seems like a fun idea! Celebrate

Question: Do we just send one postcard to the Postcard Pal on or before July 10th, or do we continue to send post-cards back and fourth?

I would imagine that the majority of the members here on the ORG would be trustworthy, but it's good that you're taking that aspect serious!

I will send my information to you soon! I think this is a lovely idea and hope that others will join in the fun! Great work, you two! You never cease to amaze me! Smiley

~Mel

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 04:45:59 pm »

Question: Do we just send one postcard to the Postcard Pal on or before July 10th, or do we continue to send post-cards back and forth?

Good question, Mel!  Nod  For the purposes of the ORG Project Postcard Exchange, the point is to just send and receive one postcard.  However, if your postcard pal is someone you connect with and get to know I can certainly envision people who continue to keep in touch and perhaps become consistent pen pals.  That depends on you, though!  I hope people can participate with the goal of getting to know a fellow ORG member better and receiving a fun postcard as well as sharing a postcard of their own.     Smiley

Kiss
Michelle

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:35 pm »

Yes, thanks for answering my question, Shell!

I completely understand and hope that people join for that reason as well! I also hope that people will get to know other people for more than just GG! Not that GG isn't the main reason we're all gathered at this amazing forum. But, I've so enjoyed getting to know other members for more than just GG! Smiley

Are you guys taking age into consideration when making the matches?

Sorry, for more questions. I'm probably making more out of this than should be. I do apologize! I just thought about this while writing this post! Please feel free to tell me to shut up and go away! Tongue I was just thinking that people might connect better depending upon their age. However, that may not be known if not provided, as people don't use their real age on the ORG! Smiley

I am SO loving this idea! I have the link in my sig and am going to spread the word big time! Smiley Brilliant you guys are...brilliant!

Hearts ~M
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:39:49 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 08:38:56 pm »

Are you guys taking age into consideration when making the matches?

We didn't think we would take age so much into consideration -- however, we did plan on looking at who people talked to on the boards by looking at their most recent posts.  More importantly for this project, we'll be looking at people's location so that we can try to pair everyone with someone who doesn't live anywhere near them.   We can't guarantee anything, but we'll do our best!    Smiley

minilorelai14
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 09:10:09 pm »

hey i just joined and i luv the idea! it really is a great idea plzz everybody join!!
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 09:11:26 pm »

This is a great idea!!  I just signed up.   Good luck with it, I can't wait to get my penpal!!

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40:39 pm »

Caryn and Shell  Smiley

I am so excited for the exchange!  I was wondering when it was going to happen and before I know it here we are.  Great ideas girls you are full of them and I love it.  This is another great way to keep the ORG family going strong. Cannot wait to be apart of this.  I am loving this and cannot wait to come up with my fun postcard.   

EDIT: How many times did I just say love it and cannot wait in this post.  I am sure you get the idea of how excited I am!  Wink
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:42:12 pm by trickyiu » Logged

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: