GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 06:01:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Postcard Exchange - Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Penpals!  (Read 179100 times)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2007, 09:47:21 pm »

Any chance there could be a new intake for Project Postcard Exchange? I feel like I've missed out lol :-(

Stick around yalegirl.  I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of secret santa project going on in the coming months.
Grin
You know just the other day I was thinking of the fact that we'll be doing our secret santa thing again! I know its only September but it'll be fall soon (YAY! my fave cause it means winter is next!) and then the holidays will be here before we know it.

I'm most looking forward our (now) secret santa tradition!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2007, 10:02:17 pm »

As we look forward to the possiblilty of Secret Santas coming up and the seasons changing, I just wanted to make an official post thanking everyone for their participation in this project!  We are lucky to have a great group of people and I appreciate everyone's patience as outside factors prevented all the mail for coming exactly when we wanted but all in all I enjoyed every bit of this!

Whenever I think of this summer, I will remember this fun project!  Thanks again all of you! Nod

In particular, I would like to thank Caryn for working so hard on this - you are truly the master communicator hun!!!  You kept all of the participants informed of what was going on and the entire thing literally would not worked without you.  You are the ying to my yang!!!  Plus, it was fun doing all the pairings!  You know I think you're the best!   Kiss 

I hope we can keep fantastic projects like this and Secret Santa afloat!  This site is full of personalities all across the world that make it unique and interesting as we share in our love for Gilmore Girls.

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #422 on: September 22, 2007, 05:18:34 pm »

It seems that this has come to a close for all but me. LOL. It's been fun reading everyone's responses to their postcards and gifts and I cannot wait for Secret Santa. Thank you all for letting me experience this vicariously through you all! Also, huge ongoing thanks to Caryn and Michelle for patiently working with me.

It's been fun! See you all at Christmas
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 23, 2007, 01:16:53 pm »

It seems that this has come to a close for all but me. LOL. It's been fun reading everyone's responses to their postcards and gifts and I cannot wait for Secret Santa. Thank you all for letting me experience this vicariously through you all! Also, huge ongoing thanks to Caryn and Michelle for patiently working with me.

That's not good that it's all but you! Sad I'm sorry to hear that! If you want to give me your address, I'd be more than happy to send you a little something! Smiley I love finding things to send my ORG friends...and have since sent a few things to others because of this awesome project. I just wanted to comment on your positive attitude with your post. And I definitely will look forward to Christmas with you!

~Mel

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
homegrown_bliss
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2007, 02:35:06 am »

is this still on? man i missed out a lot.   Undecided

*-_anne_-*
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:13 am »

I'm part of other forums as well and I've participated in Secret Santas before, it's so much fun!!!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2007, 02:44:39 pm »

Michelle, my love! you just made a terrible day a thousand times better! after recieving an email w/ a new PM saying my letter should be here today, i ran barefoot to my mail box and yes, it did in fact arrive! i, literally, danced in the street! thank you so much it was a very sweet card and i love the stickers!

That's not good that it's all but you! Sad I'm sorry to hear that! If you want to give me your address, I'd be more than happy to send you a little something! Smiley I love finding things to send my ORG friends...and have since sent a few things to others because of this awesome project. I just wanted to comment on your positive attitude with your post. And I definitely will look forward to Christmas with you!

~Mel

Mel- if you wanna, you can still send me something and i can send you a pic of my Luke's Diner! lol. I love this idea. LOL. i am a huge fan of getting mail so anyone is welcome to be a pen pal here! lemme know if anyone wants a pic of my Luke's!!

-jay!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 26, 2007, 03:33:23 pm »

Woo hoo!  Celebrate  Yay, Jillian, I am so glad we were able to finally have some luck and you received something!  *breathes sigh of relief*.  I'm so sorry you've had to wait so long!  Glad that it cheered your day!  I took a chance not knowing if you liked stickers or not so I'm glad you do!  Wink

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 26, 2007, 05:42:59 pm »

Mel- if you wanna, you can still send me something and i can send you a pic of my Luke's Diner! lol. I love this idea. LOL. i am a huge fan of getting mail so anyone is welcome to be a pen pal here! lemme know if anyone wants a pic of my Luke's!!

-jay!

You have a Luke's?! You're so lucky!! I had a close Luke's but it just wasn't the same! I'd love to send ya something. I'll PM you in a bit! Glad that you received something though, it makes the whole experience so much more fun! Smiley Can't wait to see you for Secret Santa!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:27 am »

-jay!

You have a Luke's?! You're so lucky!! I had a close Luke's but it just wasn't the same! I'd love to send ya something. I'll PM you in a bit! Glad that you received something though, it makes the whole experience so much more fun! Smiley Can't wait to see you for Secret Santa!

i know you already know, but for everyone else, my Luke's is actually called Luke's and it's got its regulars. LOL

and i thought i would give you all my 1300th post since you are so amazing. thanks!! and love

-jay
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 28, 2007, 11:35:02 am »

-jay!

i know you already know, but for everyone else, my Luke's is actually called Luke's and it's got its regulars. LOL

and i thought i would give you all my 1300th post since you are so amazing. thanks!! and love

-jay

Awww that's so nice of you! Congrats on 1300 posts! I'm sure that those 1300 posts were all great posts! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that you were at a post count of say 100? It sure seems that times flies by!

I need to find a Luke's around me but I just haven't found the right feel and I know for sure I won't find a Luke's that's name Luke's! Sad haha!

So, when is round 2 of the post card exchange?? Huh? Common' girls!! Wink

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
homegrown_bliss
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2007, 11:40:04 pm »

im def in on this one

*-_anne_-*
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 02, 2007, 02:09:17 pm »

I just wanted to thank everyone who came up with and/or helped make this Project Postcard Exchange a great success! I look forward to doing similar events in the future. And to all my pen pals (both domestic and abroad) I have enjoyed all the letters you have sent to me! You guys rock!  Grin

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 04, 2007, 03:26:31 pm »

Again, I ask...so when's round two taking place?! Smiley Tongue

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 05, 2007, 02:06:08 am »

Again, I ask...so when's round two taking place?! Smiley Tongue

LOL - well in a few weeks it will be time to start the 2nd Annual Org Secret Santa.  SO there probably won't be another postcard project until after Christmas, because everybody will be too busy picking the perfect gift for their Secret Santa recipient Smiley.

Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: