GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 12:56:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Favorite Band Listed Below
Jonas Brothers
All Time Low
Paramore
Lady Antebellum
Rascal Flatts
None of the above
What? These bands....crazy.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Talk  (Read 412645 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: November 15, 2007, 08:53:44 pm »

Heheh, I dunno!! Which ever you like better. You can have them on different days, like divorced parents Cheesy

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:28 pm »

I guess the Taylor Swift one?
How are you? 

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: November 15, 2007, 09:25:49 pm »

I'm pretty good, how're you? Been up to anything interesting recently?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 15, 2007, 09:33:15 pm »

That's good!
Tommorow's my birthday (in west coast time. It's 9:30 PM. On the 15th. My birthday is on the 16th.), and Saturday is testing for 2nd degree reccomended black belt in taekwondo. Some of my friends are sleeping over on saturday.
Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: November 15, 2007, 10:25:57 pm »

That's so awesome, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!  Good luck for your Taekwondo, not that you'll need it!!! Are you friends sleeping o ver for your birthday?
Well, tonight is a friends 21st, so I'm gonna go to that, I gotta go into work for a few hours Sat morning, then to visit a friend who just got out of hospital, then Sat night I'm helping Helen babysit, then I th ink I gotta go to work for a bit on Sunday! Not as fun as yours! Tongue

MiniPink
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 16, 2007, 07:46:58 am »

Wow, Kate, busy weekend! So I already did this in the kiddies thread but,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMBER!!!

Check out your presents in the kiddies thread  Smiley

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 23, 2007, 06:25:13 pm »

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice. There is this girl that I have been friends with for about 4 years. We were really close, but lately she's changed so much. She is really really smart, but she started swearing all the time. In my opinion, swearing so much makes a person sound less educated than smart...but that might just be me.  I invited her to my party, but she said she couldnt but didnt give me a reason. She did that before and when I asked why she couldnt come she kept stumbling over her words until she said her aunt was coming into town. I called the day of to make sure she didnt change her mind and her mom said she went to her friends house! I was like whatever. Am I supposed to give her the benefit of the doubt and try to keep inviting her to my parties or when my friends and I go out, or can I stop? If i invite all my other friends but not her wont she be offended?

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 23, 2007, 09:12:54 pm »

Just let her be offended then... It's not like she wants to come apparently. Maybe you could just confront her with what you found out and see how she reacts?!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 23, 2007, 10:27:51 pm »

Kate- I hope you had fun!
Ines- Thanks!
Rory- If she's been as bad as you say, she's not a real friend. She wasn't there when you wanted her. She's been going around lying to you. Not being there for you. She's had a weird behavior. Does that sound like a real friend to you?
One thing that could be causing it is problems with parents or other friends. You should try to make her really talk to you, and find out what's going on in her head. If she needs help, help her. Everything should go back to normal. It most likely is something going on with her.
I hope everything turns out well!

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: November 23, 2007, 10:42:30 pm »

Definatly agree with Amber. Tehre may be something going on  you don't now about, try and get her to open up. She also may have just grown apart from you. Sometimes in friendships one person will grow differentlly (swearing all the time vs talking nicely, for example) from the other. Maybe the other friend who's house she went to, she finds she has more in common with.  She may have changed, and now she's more like other people than like you. Rent the movie 'Thirteen' for an example of this!!

MiniPink
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35:09 am »

Yeah, you should definitely talk to her. Right away, just sort it out. I made a mistake of not confronting on of my best friends when that happened, and we've just grown apart. We're still friends, but we're so different, it's very hard to keep close, she hardly ever tells me anything. Now we almost never see each other like we used to, and we're still in the same school. So you should just ask her, what's up...if the friendship means a lot to you, try to work it out, but if she's really changed a lot..well, it happens.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 24, 2007, 12:27:01 pm »

I thought she was just having a hard time adjusting to a new school, but she just keeps getting worse. I feel like if I try to talk to her to try to get her to open up she would feel as if I was invading her personal space. I only remember fighting with her once and it only lasted 5 minutes. It wasnt fun...She would probably just tell me I didnt know what I was doing and I was all wrong. Also, I don't expect people to get me birthday or chritmas presents. I actually wish nobody did that because it would save a lot of money. She made me feel obligated to get her a present by saying 'so what did you get me for my birthday?'. I then got her a small present, and didnt get a simple thank you. My birthday was a week ago, my party 2 weeks ago and she didnt even wish me a happy birthday. She just walked past me in the hall. 

Thanks for your advice everyone. I'll figure it out. I think Im just going to stop inviting her...maybe

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 24, 2007, 01:36:15 pm »

You REALLY need to talk to her. If she has the attitude about how you have no clue what you're talking about, you at least tried. you mostly likely won't be her friend if you do nothing. If you talk to her, or at least try to talk to her, you're at least trying to do something about it.
I'm in a really bad mood when I'm around certain people (John and sometimes my dad), so that could be something. She could just be changing, but that sounds like a big change. Ask her what's wrong, open up to her, and just see what happens. It's better than nothing. If something is wrong, she'll keep getting worst and worst, unless you talk to her.   

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 25, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »

I agree. I think that you should pull her aside and tell her that you feel like she's changing. Maybe she doesn't really realize it. For example, I needed poeple to tell me when I started to become more bitchier than before and ever since then I've realized it when I'm being like that. I think that she just needs someone to tell her how she's acting and she will realize what she is losing and turn around.
I think that stopping inviting her is a good thing because it may help her realize that you're not playing around and that you are done with the way she's acting.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: November 25, 2007, 07:54:46 pm »

Yeah. the best is to be straight with the person. She probably doesn't even realize it.

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: