GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 26, 2021, 03:54:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Favorite Band Listed Below
Jonas Brothers
All Time Low
Paramore
Lady Antebellum
Rascal Flatts
None of the above
What? These bands....crazy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl Talk  (Read 400529 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 05:53:47 pm »

Hey there! First off, let me say that this is not a place that many guys will want to visit. I have encountered many posts of girls having girl issues, and figured a place where we can all help each other is a good place to start. This idea was suggested by Pri on the Spree Thread.

We can talk about
1.) Relationship Questions
2.) Health Questions
3.) Other...

I would start, but I don't have many problems to talk about.

In additon, sorry if anyone doesn't like this thread or the mods delete it. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:57:29 am by Fantasy » Logged

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
minilorelai14
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:06:22 pm »

oh great idea! i like it!! Wink...since i have a little issue i guess i can talk about it here...my parents r fighting and i really think its my fault...they always mention my name and it makes me cry and i really dont know wht to do...k thats a long story short!
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:57:18 pm »

good idea for a thread...

oh great idea! i like it!! Wink...since i have a little issue i guess i can talk about it here...my parents r fighting and i really think its my fault...they always mention my name and it makes me cry and i really dont know wht to do...k thats a long story short!

ok...listen to me...

it is never....(well lets say 99% of the cases)..the childs fault....when parents fight
my parents also fight and i hate it.....
parents are not supposed to fight in front of their children
ok i do not know what more to say.
but try to believe me..it is not your fault....
they just need something to get fed up about and fight..
so i guess they fight about who takes better care of you?
or if you should be allowed to do something or not...?
well ok....lame advice...sorry

but remember...you are not at fault...
they could be having a real fight about anything..a car..or cereals..
unfortunately..they chose you..and they are fighting about you...which is very wrong..

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:23:12 am »

My parents would continulously fight, infront of my sister & i.. Our names would get mentioned most of the times, but we just didn't listen, we ended up going to our rooms, then after 26 years of marriage my mum walked out in denial and said she going to stay with a friend, it was 2weeks later that we found out the full story, mum had been cheating on dad for many months. Now they have divorced and still i hear dad argue about mum and vice versa.. Knowing that my parents split has been hard to connect to, it's been hard, because i don't have my mum  to talk to about our problems that dad won't understand.

I only see my mum like every 6 months if i'm lucky. My dad is getting married in august and mum says she is in july too.
sorry if this was ramble but it's a "girl talk" thread so i wrote my thoughts!

MINILORELAI14
If your parents keep fighting and mentioning you, maybe you should walk into their conversation and say "Hello, i'm right here, i don't like been talked about in ur fights" or if not, show them your upset about them argueing all the time.
Are there any other siblings in the house? You should talk to them if there is; and see what you can do.. Because if you think its your fault all the time then maybe you need to mention to your parents about this.

I've been in that situation before and i know how you feel.
Maybe give it a try!

Good luck hunny!  Smiley

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:35:09 am »

Fantasy - Thanks so much for starting this thread!  It's a brilliant idea -- even if it was Pri's. Smiley

minilorelai14 - I would love to help, but I don't really have any experience in this area. The advice you've gotten so far seems right on, though.  Good luck with everything!  *virtual hug*

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 08:53:20 am »

Good idea for a thread!

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
minilorelai14
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29:31 am »

thanks!..if ive tried talking them they weill yell at me well not my mom but my dad will..its just useless i just try to ignore it with loud music but it doesnt work..kk i cant talk long im in school...but thanks for the help!
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:38:34 am »

but my dad will..its just useless i just try to ignore it with loud music but it doesnt work

wow that is lousy of your dad....
and when you play really loud music..they just fight on? they do not ask you what is wrong with you..

ok this might sound annoying and you might think it will not help..because you already tried it..but next time they fight..

you could go between them and try to tell them how you feel about the situation..how much it depresses you and ask them if they do not care about your well being..
if that does not help...SHOUT..ok guys..you might say shouting is not good..one should never just scream at one another..
but if you maybe just shout as loud as you can..shout how badly you are feeling..shout how much they are hurting and influencing you..
maybe something in their minds will go click..and they will realise how much you are suffering..

ok this was not the best suggestions..but it was the last thing i would try to do..to stop..them..

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
minilorelai14
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 10:41:21 am »

ill try the shouting!...they were fighing this morning to but i didnt do anything...ya when i play loud music they just yell louder they dont ask whts wrong with me!! its like im not there!!

AHH!!!
[/size]
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 01:58:43 pm »

Yayyy. My idea got heard! Thanks Sarah!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 02:43:54 pm »

I would talk to my parents about it too.
Tell them it bothers you.
But yelling at them wouldn't do anything.
People often do not listen to yelling.
It only makes them angry.

And if that doesn't work, then keep cranking up the music.
You can't stop them.
Hopefully their rough patch will pass over.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
LitLover
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:06 am »

Okay, I don't want this thread to die, so I'll start a new subject.  Smiley  Has anyone ever referred to their crush in code?  (I really don't know where that came from.  It just sounded like something guys wouldn't want to talk about...LOL)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:17:18 am by LitLover » Logged

Reading is sexy!
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 07:37:18 am »

my friend had a phase when she did that..

but i have never done that..

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 08:06:43 am »

Haha I did. Sort of. Kinda. Well, there's this book, you've probably heard of it, it's called Seagull Jonathan Livingston. Something like that, anyway. So we were writing a pop quiz about it and there was a question that the teacher had already asked me before it was: Who does Jonathan remind you of? And a friend asked me what I had written, and I said, well, you know, because I thought she was listening before. And she was like: *insert name of crush(lol it's a weird name)*?? Good thing no one cares, because this guy is in high school, but the teacher used to teach him when he was in elementary and it was funny haha he looked at me like wtf??
So I call him Seagull (it sounds better in Croatian)

Then after a while we were writing some essays and one of the topics was (hm I'll try to translate but it'll sound stupid) The seagull in me  (it's about freedom and stuff, about the book) and I didn't even get it till my friend started laughing like crazy haha the seagull in you lol and I got it and couldn't stop laughing and the teacher was like....not in that way...haha...it was funny.
Hope you get it because it's not that funny translated
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:08:16 am by Seni » Logged

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
LitLover
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:24 am »

LMTO!  Well, if you mean in a dirty way...then I definitely got it! Grin  I have extraordinary talent like that.  If you didn't...well, I'm sorry you have to see this side of me.  Wink

To answer my own question, yep, I've done that.  In fact, I do that now.  His name's "Smiles" for a reason that no one but my best friend will ever know...LOL.  I know it's kinda stupid, but I have good reason!

The last guy I liked, I made the mistake of telling my mom, and my little sisters were there.  Not so bad, right?  Wrong.  'Cause a couple weeks later, one sister -- WITH her best friend, whom she had told -- went literally jumping up and down to my crush's parents and told them, while on the same night, my other sister actually told my crush...and the five or so people he was talking to at the moment -- who, in turn, spread it throughout my entire youth group within like a week.

And that's the story.  Smiley

Reading is sexy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: