GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 05:03:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keiko Agena in People's 100 Most Beautiful  (Read 6075 times)
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:05:17 pm »

I heard about this in The Moviezzz Blog and thought I'd share it with you all. It's not much, but, hey it's Loveable Lane Kim!

Magazine Review: People Magazine's Most Beautiful

People Magazine just published its 100 Most Beautiful People issue.

Isn’t this what is wrong with society? Should we be judging people by their looks? That is just so wrong.

Still, I read it.

Drew Barrymore made the cover. I guess that makes her the most beautiful person alive. Good for her. I always liked Drew. After her life, her “Little Girl Lost” days, you never would have thought she would recover. But she did. She went from those wild 90’s Guess magazine ads. Then, she started taking serious acting roles. And, not only that, she began producing her own films. Now, she is America’s Sweetheart, the Meg Ryan of the 21st Century.

They have a section on “Stars Without Makeup”. There is Rachel Bilson (THE O.C.), Jessica Biel (who is giving Alba a run for her money), Eva Longoria (anyone still watching DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES?), Jessica Alba (wish she would choose better films, the only time we see her is on lists like this now), Katharine McPhee (definitely deserving to be on this list, why hasn’t her album done better?), Rosario Dawson (who should stay away from Kevin Smith movies), Jessica Simpson (am I alone in only liking her on NEWLYWEDS? I don’t like her music or regular acting roles), Anne Hathaway (PRINCESS DIARIES, HAVOC), Rihanna (Who?) and…

Rashida Jones. Ok, I just forgot my name for a minute. Rashida is easily the most beautiful woman on TV today. There was a photo of her in Entertainment Weekly a few weeks ago that was stunning, and now this one. Can she take a bad picture? Do I have a chance with her?

Next comes a group that I guess wouldn’t pose without makeup. Matthew McConaughey (I know some people like to mock him, but I like the guy. Probably one of my favorite male celebs, and bongo players), Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry (I’ve never been much of a fan, but is it just me or is she getting more beautiful these days?), Scarlett Johannsson (a bit overexposed I think), Eric Bana (the Hulk), Patrick Dempsey (aka Ronald “Lawn Boy” Miller), Kerry Washington (RAY), Reese Witherspoon (I’m waiting for her to do more acting in films and less starring in films), Jennifer Garner (another fave), JLO (no), James Roday (who? Says he is on PSYCH? What’s that?), Pete Wentz (never heard of him, but he looks like Marilyn Manson and shows how to put on eyeliner. Who makes this list?), several more pages of people I’m not familiar with and finally Carrie Underwood (very beautiful and I think I may like her more than Kelly Clarkson these days,)

A section on celebs who are beautiful on the inside for helping out causes (Angelina, Oprah, etc). I'm glad People has this section. How else would, say, Tyra Banks make a most beautiful list? I'm sure her charity work was why she was in Sports Illustrated all those years.

There is a section called “Not So Ugly Betties”, about actresses who play geeky characters on TV. America Ferrera (UGLY BETTY, a show I have yet to see), Jenna Fischer (THE OFFICE, and I don’t think she plays a geeky character! Everyone loves her on the show), Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe on 24, who hasn’t had that great a season this year. And why isn’t 24’s Marisol Nichols on this list?), Keiko Agena (Lane from THE GILMORE GIRLS, who I wouldn’t have even recognized without her glasses), Tina Fey (and why isn’t SNL’s Kristen Wiig in this issue?)

And then there are several more sections, people with short hair, over 60, next generation stars, etc. etc, etc.

So, pick up the issue, and judge for yourself.

But again, let’s not judge celebs by their looks. Let’s judge them by their performances on screen, or what US Weekly or TMZ tells us they do in their personal lives.

There wasn't much in there about her, but I am so glad she was included! Keiko is so pretty! I can't believe she is over 30 years old!
But, where is Alexis in all those beautiful people? She's prettier than a lot of them in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 02:41:12 pm by Gilmorefan xx » Logged

August 6th! 
The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:35:01 pm »

And where is Lauren Graham, too? Anyways, high five Keiko!

And I absolutely love your siggy. It's awesome!

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »

It's an incomplete list without LG on it.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
GilmOre_fan4life
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:48:41 pm »

It's an incomplete list without LG on it.

I totally agree

Babbett: So this is goodbye ?
Lorelai: No this is more like a see ya later
BON VOYAGE
05.15.07 <3
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 04:37:45 pm »

I know I was suprised about Lauren not being on the list too but great job Keiko! I saw the 100 most beutiful people today and when I saw her I was like omg she looks so different and I knew she was pretty but she really pretty I just couldn't believe it was her. Also I had no idea she is 11 years older than Lane wow she does not look it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: