GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 18, 2021, 09:15:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 305209 times)
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2007, 07:26:52 pm »

I had tears in my eyes after the episode too.  I was talking to my 10 year old son and actually got all choked up and upset.  He was lookng at me like I was crazy crying over the ending of a tv show!  I am so glad when I come here to see that I am not alone.  I am so upset that everything was done as if this were a season finale. I am sure that the episodes would not have been wrapped up this way if they knew it was the end when it was filmed.  

I guess I am more upset about the Luke/Lorelai moments not because of the moments themselves, because it does make sense that they are awkward around each other right now.  I am only impatient because now I know that next week is it.  So there is no time for this awkwardness for them to get where I would like to think of them if this is the end of what we see.  Although part of me still sees that Luke and Lorelai still have communication issues as witnessed by their discussion of "Rory and Logan" when it should have been about "Lorelai and Luke".

Since I know everyone is eager to get their opinions out there, they don't always read the previous posts. And this question has been bothering me, so i'll just post it again, in hopes that some'll answer!
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when the show came on I saw under Executive Producer(i think) ASP's name. Has it been there the whole season, and I just didn't notice, or did she really help with this episode?

ASP has always been the producer.  I believe her name was always there because she created the show.  I don't think she had anything to do with this specific episode.

~KRISTIN~
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2007, 07:27:04 pm »

It's been there the whole season; she's had nothing to do with the show since she left. It's some sort of technicality because she created the show.
Oh, thanks for answering my question! I guess it was just some wishful thinking...

August 6th! 
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2007, 07:28:20 pm »

SERENADE! That's the word I was looking for all last week. Man, if the SAT board could see me now...

Emily and Richard are so cute together. That funny rhyming toast thing must run in the family. And I loved the way Richard was so random and interrupting. It's like they fast-forwarded over the hard parts of reconciling him with Lorelai and showed them having an incredible store of trivial observations together. Like father like daughter.

I really thought Rory was going to make faces on the walk. But Alexis played it with such a good nuance, I got the idea that she was going to, but couldn't for crying about the imminent separation. And Paris's hair was so pretty.

Paris and Doyle were just right. I liked the "I've got to work hard until I get a great residency, then I promise I'll cut back..." "I love you." They would make a great spinoff show.

Now, this is just my thinking, so you'll have to tell me if I'm crazy or in denial: Did that really look like the end of Rory and Logan to you people? I mean, she wants to hedge her bets, he wants to seal the deal, it could have been "Partings" all over again, only Logan was Lorelai and Rory was Luke. And the rejection was directly adjacent to Lorelai describing Luke as someone who might never be ready, even though we know he knows he made a mistake the night he said he couldn't take a leap with Lorelai. Not to mention the expression on her face when Lorelai was trying to console her. It looked just like Lorelai's the morning after her karaoke debut.

That, plus we know the spoilers are really foilers equals hope that it's all a massive fakeout.

Speaking of which, Lorelai said the SERENADE "didn't mean anything" to Miss Patty and Babbette. Luke was saying the exact same thing to Liz only hours before. He's thick, but it came in handy this time. They still hadn't had a conversation about the night they broke up (that wasn't about Lorelai's tramp-oline) and they probably wouldn't have if they hadn't chilled after her charged SERENADE.

It makes sense. Lorelai said she didn't know what she wanted - because she still hasn't forgiven Luke for making her wait and letting her worry about his feelings for her. Their discussion tonight may be all the closure we get on that, so I don't mind if the avenue was making Luke look as grouchy and closed off as the old Luke.

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2007, 07:30:18 pm »

So much happened in this one episode, I wish it was LONGER so we didn't have to wait until next week to find out.

Anyway, I liked Lorelai and Sookie's little banter in the teaser especially when Lorelai brought up Luke.

I loved how Lorelai had a feeling her singing got to Luke in a good way but not being sure how he REALLY took it... that's totally like Lorelai in "Raincoats and Recipes" where she didn't know how Luke really felt and it drove her crazy thinking about it.

I loved Luke's scene with Liz! The way Liz can narrow down what people are really thinking even when they deny it is cool. She could tell straight off that Lorelai's singing got to him and Luke was well... Luke not admitting it did but totally having it reflect in his actions. I liked it when Luke told Liz he knew Lorelai didn't mean anything about it because she was drunk at the time that IF she really DID then she would visit him at the diner. Then she visited him at the diner that day. I also liked how he trying to convince Liz he wasn't buying the necklace for Lorelai... when of course he did.

There were two times when I literally covered my eyes like watching a horror movie because it was too intense to see. One was when Luke came in as Lorelai told Sookie her song meant nothing to her. The other was when Logan proposed to Rory.

I can't believe Lorelai didn't have enough sense to figure out "Gee Luke is all of a sudden pissed off, I wonder if he heard me?" HELLO! She's not that dense!

Logan's proposal was okay but way less impactful as I thought. I thought there would be more to it than what he said and because there wasn't I didn't feel as bad when Rory wasn't sure.

I LOVED how Lorelai asked Luke what his opinion was on Rory's proposal because two things happened that I loved most in this episode. One- Luke was ranting about Lorelai and not Rory but Lorelai thought he was talking about Rory. His whole rant reminded me of when in "Raincoats and Recipes" where he was on a rant about Jason while leaving Lorelai confused on what he was saying. Also like his "What about the kids?!" rant. So it was definately like old times. Two- what Luke said is EXACTLY what Lorelai was thinking and told Rory at the end. It showed how the two of them really do connect.

The town meeting was a classic town meeting. I loved Kirk in a Box... I wonder if he's related to any Jacks? Ah anyway, I also LOVED when Kirk insisted Lulu should reenact Rory's part in the graduation ceremony! I cracked up so loud!

Richard and Emily singing... ah, so THIS is where Lorelai gets it from. So she's not too detached from their sort of antics. I thought Richard was a hoot in this whole episode. I loved how he was during the graduation too.

I loved how Rory called Lorelai after the proposal and they were in that horse-drawn carriage together. That was a cute scene and what Lorelai WANTED to say you can SEE in her face but she refused to tell Rory what she was really thinking.

Lorelai and Rory's "spackle" back and forth really fast was great to watch because it was like the old days.

Lorelai with Christopher sucked to watch but I did notice that HUGE arched doorway in the background when they first met up outside. I wonder what that represented.

When Lorelai stood up and cheered for Rory at her graduation, I was wondering why Emily and Richard didn't but I liked that. It shows how much Lorelai will always be cheering for her.

I am glad Rory said no and Logan unwilling to stay just the way they are, is a little sneak peak of WHY. She is right on how everything is either all or nothing with him and for someone like Rory who needs to plan out things and way her options, Logan would only push her to make an answer based on impulse. She still can't make her on decisions and it would suck to have him do that for her. She has to learn how to decide on the important things in life and just like Lorelai let her do.

Emily's Ray Charles's reference was hysterical and how focused she was on the whole wedding thing when Richard would change the conversation. I liked his ponderment the Fonze.

Paris and Doyle's scene at the apartment was so cute especially when Doyle just stood there grining at Paris.

As for next week's promotion... gee why not TELL us everything that happens with Lorelai and Luke I don't think we heard everything yet. See, THIS is why I have been so ticked off with the promotion department at the CW. It would've been nice just keeping the bit about Luke organizing the party and then Lorelai's reaction to hearing that... then swtich to a nice scene with Lorelai and Rory enjoying the last day together. Put a "Something happens between Lorelai and Luke which will forever change their relationship" narration or something instead of spoiling it all! We were all wrong on WHERE this kiss would take place, weren't we?

The only downside was no Lane, Zach and Jackson. Not to mention it was a little boring here and there.

I can't wait for the last episode and yet I can because it will definately be bittersweet to watch. I hate the fact that will be the last episode of Gilmore Girls EVER. It makes me so sad that it had to end this way... just when things were about to get good. I just hope they leave us with some sort of closure and with Gilmore Girls fashion.

BTW, there were some seriously spooky connections between THIS episode and my episode I wrote. I really didn't have any idea the Town Meeting would be close to what happened or that the: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" reference was going to be in there! I'm both freaked out and yet proud at the same time.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2007, 07:31:35 pm »

And, not only was Rory's graduation miserable (what is it with these writers and Rory's graduations?  Her Chilton one wasn't a ball of laughs either -did both ASP and DR have miserable graduations and they used Rory Gilmore as a pseudo therapeutic way of dealing with the pent up emotions?) but they didn't even show Kirk suffocating in the box!  At least seeing Kirk shuffle off the mortal coil or whatever would have raised the happiness quotient of the episode maybe 5%  More if not for the sheer gloom of the Rory/Logan break up which nothing can make good.

What are you people?  Speed typers?  I haven't posted a thing without reading that 1, 2, 5498 replies have been posted.

Oh yes.  And, I still feel bad for Logan, because not only did they build up how much he wanted to marry her but they wrote it so people could be angry at him for ending it and forgetting canon of how just a few episodes ago, he was saying to do what she wanted job-wise.  (Naturally, it's easier if you just believe that anything half way negative is the "true" Logan and not a contrivance and out of character writing)  And, I had some other sarcastic comment, but my mind just blanked.  Must be the drugs.  Or something. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:35:30 pm by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

Maybe Gilmore Girls is having a 7th Heaven Moment and will sign a deal this summer...last year at this time everyone thought it was the end for 7th heaven but it wasn't. Let's hope for the best and maybe we'll be given an angel
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2007, 07:36:21 pm »

Tell me about it. It's all I can do to read everything and process.

Here's the thing, though, Kirk will have been in the box for a week at Rory's grad party, right?

royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2007, 07:37:25 pm »

yeah next episode kirk suffocates lol
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2007, 07:38:02 pm »

Insert Quote
And, not only was Rory's graduation miserable (what is it with these writers and Rory's graduations?  Her Chilton one wasn't a ball of laughs either -did both ASP and DR have miserable graduations and they used Rory Gilmore as a pseudo therapeutic way of dealing with the pent up emotions?) but they didn't even show Kirk suffocating in the box!  At least seeing Kirk shuffle off the mortal coil or whatever would have raised the happiness quotient of the episode maybe 5%  More if not for the sheer gloom of the Rory/Logan break up which nothing can make good.

What are you people?  Speed typers?  I haven't posted a thing without reading that 1, 2, 5498 replies have been posted.

Oh yes.  And, I still feel bad for Logan, because not only did they build up how much he wanted to marry her but they wrote it so people could be angry at him for ending it and forgetting canon of how just a few episodes ago, he was saying to do what she wanted job-wise.  (Naturally, it's easier if you just believe that anything half way negative is the "true" Logan and not a contrivance and out of character writing)  And, I had some other sarcastic comment, but my mind just blanked.  Must be the drugs.  Or something.  

Believe me, it takes me about 2 minutes just to post something, because of all the "Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post." pop-ups. I noticed the sad graduations, too! Even with Lorelai's, her own daughter couldn't make it. Some seriously sad graduations in DR and ASP's past, I agree.

August 6th! 
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2007, 07:41:30 pm »

yeah next episode kirk suffocates lol

Well, in the spoiler thread, I suggested that they do a time skip to everyone's headstones and have voice overs of how their lives turned out.  Maybe next week they have someone briefly say that Kirk died, doing something stupid.  It'll be the most believable moment of the whole show.  Toss in a sight of the troubadour spontaneously combusting and  I might even call it the best series finale ever!

royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2007, 07:43:02 pm »

Thats a cute idea but headstones would be depressing...how bout just clips of them from season 1-7
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2007, 07:43:26 pm »

I'm actually laughing at visions of Kirk in that box after a week.  Cheesy Good stuff.  

IDK about R/L, all signs point to permanent.  “Goodbye Rory”.  And I’m choosing to believe it until I see otherwise and shortly after someone pops up on my screen and yells “syke!”
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2007, 07:45:39 pm »

It's just a theory.  Maybe there was a nuance malfunction in the last scene because they were daydreaming about peanut trees.

Anyone notice Micheal Winters's leg was broken?

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2007, 07:46:49 pm »

Yeah, as far as the relationship goes, I think they shot it, set it on fire, fed the ashes to Paul Anka, had him barf them up and sent them to space.  They killed it dead.  A convention of serial killers could take lessons from them.

And, if we don't have headstones, how will we ever know what Lorelai's great great great great great great grandchildren (from the Rory/poor pheremone victim line and the mythical twins with Luke line) were named and what careers they had? 

Anyone notice Micheal Winters's leg was broken?

Yes. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:47:56 pm by Dani257 » Logged

Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2007, 07:47:35 pm »

I think it is strange that after an ending like last week, we didn't get to see Lorelai and Logan's talk.  We just heard about it through Lorelai.  I think that would have been a great scene to see.

~KRISTIN~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: