GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 18, 2021, 08:08:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.21 - Unto the Breach  (Read 305199 times)
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2007, 07:04:59 pm »

Terrible episode! WOW is all I have to say. Emily ruiened the whole thing with her nagging and Rory and Logan. If the guy that I love for 3 years walked out of my life I would be a wreck!!! Terrible! just terrible!! I glad it is ending, another season like this and I would have died!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2007, 07:06:50 pm »

Well, frankly, if this really is the final season (God forbid) then they won't have time to work Jess back in and I don't think they would anyways.  This episode, well, it was definitly a good one.  As the graduation of Lorelai Leigh Gilmore should be.  However, one more episode just doesn't seem enough.  I really can't believe it...not even a little bit.  

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2007, 07:07:54 pm »

I wish they could've worked Jess in. That would have been my idea of an AMAZING series finale. =)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when the show came on I saw under Executive Producer(i think) ASP's name. Has it been there the whole season, and I just didn't notice, or did she really help with this episode?

August 6th! 
elocin
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

i'm 14:D

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2007, 07:08:21 pm »

i don't know what i'm going to do with out GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!
i'm mad that logan gave rory an ultimatium...even if i don't particurlary love logan i want her to be happy
AND didn't it seem somewhat out of character she wasn't more upset about it???
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggg. soooooo frusturated it's going to end!
<3 Nicole

Life's short. talk fast.

Lorelai: if you're not there, i'd have to get drunk and make out with the best man, who is Rory, so you can see all the very creepy remifications of your absense here.
LostInside1324
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2007, 07:10:30 pm »

I am so mad! My favourite TV couple does not end up together! Cry

They date for three years. They're in love. And Rory says no. After a very public marriage propose, she says no. Logan wanted it to be special, he wanted to show her how much he loved him. I understand that Rory would want to go out and see the world first, but come on! You don't have to get engaged and then married the next day! They could have waited a few years before setting a date!

And if the person I cared about most in the world didn't feel the same way, I'd be pretty mad too. What was Logan supposed to do, say, "It's okay" and give her a hug? He's a very emotional person; and his heart was just broken. Cut the poor boy some slack.

I would have preferred to see them tie up loose ends rather than open things up that way. You don't end a relationship like that before the series ends. Thank goodness there's hope for Luke and Lorelai; otherwise I'd take all my DVD's and throw them at my televison.  Wall Smash
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2007, 07:12:42 pm »

I would just like to point out that 120 guest are viewing this page  Grin Hello fellow fans! And they say ratings are down, puh-lease...

Anyway, someone brought up a good point...   an ultimatum, and making Rory move to CA to be with him doesn't sound like Logan "factoring HER in", now does it?  Logan may be many things, but doesn't seem like a hypocrite or one to go back on his word... just overexcited because of his job offer?? Ugh, the whole thing doesn't sit well with me; and no, not because I'm any sort of huge Logan/Rory shipper; and no, not because I got married at 22...

Luke and Lorelai conversation outside of the dinner was weeeirrrd as usual... when she was talking about Logan and Rory, at one point she said something like "She should know by now"... didn't it seem like she was yelling at him? and wasn't she really talking about herself?

And I think the banter between Richard, Emily, and Lorelai sitting, waiting for the graduation to start was the big "family bonding/resolution" we've all been hoping for... :Smiley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:18:25 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Rhiannon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2007, 07:13:12 pm »

More filler! Why is the second to last episode still wasting time repeating buildup of situations we've seen before? There is not enough time.
"...send-off the show deserves..." that is such a plastic PR waste of words. We get nothing. Even the parts where something actually happened: graduation, proposal, breakup... it was just a quick scene, then back to more filler. This whole season was almost all filler, and buildup... to what?

I think every relationship except for Rory & Lorelai and Paris & Doyle is being cheated. Poor Richard and Emily, they were a pivotal point and motivation for the entire show, and now they are what? Background fuddy duddy... they might as well be just another pair sitting at the Stars Hollow town meeting. I am not a fan of Christopher or Logan, but they've been part of the show for a long time... and that was their sendoff?

Luke and jewerly from Liz? That is what we get after all of these years and ups and downs? An old device that was lovely for a brand new couple... not a once engaged couple that have broken up twice and been through enormous pain. Weren't these last two episodes supposed to let us know that they've grown or turned a corner? No, it is like Rory and Jess walking to the diner door to talk, and then changing their mind back in season 3. From teenagers that behavior makes sense. What would Luke and Lorelai have to lose by saying something? Why did they tease us with that touching connection last week during her song just to jerk us back again?

How can there be time for a loving sendoff of mother and daughter when all of these plot holes still need filling?

And, yes, I had tears fill my eyes when the promo said "series finale" too. Not even just prick my eyes, but FILL them.

I just wish everyone (fans, cast, writers, the whole keboodle) had known that this was going to be the end at least by January.
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2007, 07:17:01 pm »

First, I have to admit that I didn't read the previous four pages. I am too excited and upbeat to sit here and read them at this moment.

I loved this episode for the most part. I have alot to say about Lorelai and Luke but first let me address the Rory and Logan situation.

I am not as invested in them as I am in L&L. I will admit that.

But I am very disappointed that once Rory understood it was 'all or nothing' with Logan that her love for him didn't win out. I would have loved for her to have said yes at that point. I think the writers could have shown him leaving for CA and then her staying behind to tie up loose ends and then showing her with her mom and the town in the last episode. I don't understand why she had to say no.

I think the writers could still have had their ending with Lorelai and Rory but with everyone knowing that she was off to start her adult life with Logan.

Now on to the Luke and Lorelai relationship.

Oh my !!! Oh my!!! Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry for those of my fellow viewers that disliked this episode or thought that the interaction between L&L was forced or too predictable but I was anxious, then disappointed, then elated with their conversations.

I really think that it was brilliant to show how both of them are trying to deal with their feelings while trying to figure how the other one feels with out actually asking. I liked this because in the beginning of the series, it was Luke who was smitten with Lorelai but she was in denial about his feelings for her.

Now they are both "all in" but are unsure of themselves and it seems that each of them is waiting for the other one to say or do something significant. I mean it is cute (in my humble opinion) that each of them sees an action of the other as a sign and then reciprocates.

Bring on next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I am still in denial that there is only one show left.

pantmusic
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2007, 07:17:35 pm »

I wish they could've worked Jess in. That would have been my idea of an AMAZING series finale. =)

ooooo that would be incredible!!

No, but seriously I fully realize that the chance of jess coming back is practically impossible (but a girl can always wish, right?)

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2007, 07:18:51 pm »

thanks again.... but i totally agree with you they need to like have a real converstaion... both of them arent that stupid they both knew they werent talkin about logen and rory they were talkin about themselves. i thought that was pretty good though how lorelai waslike wouldnt you know and luke was like wouldnt who know and then lorelai goes well rory. i have a question are you allowed to talk about other episodes on this like i mean can i ask somthing about the next episode... i am wantin to hear what people think but im not so sure where to put it??

Either the spoilers thread or the season 7 assorted previews for discussing the previews for the next Smiley

Well, it would be the height of stupid on the writers' part to imply in the last episode that Rory has gotten over the break up, since she said she was in love with Logan and wanted to try the long distance, so unless they really are morons, she'll have to have some sadness next week.  So, some ending.  And, they had Logan going on about how he knew everything would be okay if he had her, so he has to miserable.  Yep, it's going to be one pile of happiness in the finale for Rory.  What an ending.

Meanwhile on House, we have the usual screwed up characters doing screwed up things and almost killing people.  And, there's more happiness and laughter in that show than this one.  And, it's coming back next year!

Wall This is my new favorite emoticon.  Maybe after a little bit of banging my head against the wall I'll understand.

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2007, 07:20:42 pm »

ooooo that would be incredible!!

No, but seriously I fully realize that the chance of jess coming back is practically impossible (but a girl can always wish, right?)

As much as I love Jess, I knew he was over after The Real Paul Anka.  He had a great role on the show, and they left Jess fans with a lot but wanting more (myself included) which sometimes a better way.  He left the show well.  

I'm still sad, although my crying has subdued.  I loved the Pussycat Doll referance...but Lorelai and Chris were SO friendly considering the breakup...

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2007, 07:22:59 pm »

That's right! We're kind of setting outselves up for disappointment, but who cares?

Since I know everyone is eager to get their opinions out there, they don't always read the previous posts. And this question has been bothering me, so i'll just post it again, in hopes that some'll answer!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when the show came on I saw under Executive Producer(i think) ASP's name. Has it been there the whole season, and I just didn't notice, or did she really help with this episode?

August 6th! 
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2007, 07:24:47 pm »

It's been there the whole season; she's had nothing to do with the show since she left. It's some sort of technicality because she created the show.
(ASP is another one of those 'all or nothing' types)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:26:36 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
royalschick2910
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2007, 07:26:18 pm »

ugg I hate the ending of the series... Angry

It's my 16th birthday and they make the cute guy gets turned down.

Yeah i'm gonna tell him i love him and have loved him for 3 years and i'm going to let him walk right out of my life like that.

Kinda funny how Loralei did the same thing with Luke that Logan did to Rory....

now the series ends with a depressed Rory...

greeattt
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2007, 07:26:46 pm »

I would have preferred to see them tie up loose ends rather than open things up that way. You don't end a relationship like that before the series ends.

Have a drink.  I passed some around to the shippers in the spoiler thread, but unfortunately all you guys (not that I know if you read spoilers or not) who prefer to be surprised got ambushed.  And, silly one.  Of course you end a relationship like that, where both characters have envisioned a future together (recall early on in the season, Rory complaining about Bobbi calling her cute or something and saying that The Great Wall of China and the pyramids or whatever -things that last -like what she thought her relationship would be- weren't cute) in one episode.  You manufacture a proposal that wouldn't have existed if it wasn't the catalyst for a break up, completely go against prior characterization so that a perfectly plausible lets try long distance and maybe a long engagement (or even an "ask me again later") isn't an option, garnish and serve.  All the cool writers are doing it these days.

Seriously, have a drink.  And, your choice of mind numbing drugs.  Makes it easier to swallow the tale.

And, you people post a lot.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: