GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 09:30:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Career Do You Think Logan Would Be Best At?
Politician - 23 (23%)
Newspaper Magnate - 24 (24%)
Actor - 8 (8%)
Photographer (to Rory's Journalist) - 14 (14%)
Stay at Home Husband/Father - 2 (2%)
Entrepreneur - 20 (20%)
Something Else (please specify in a post) - 9 (9%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37
  Print  
Author Topic: Logan Huntzberger / Matt Czuchry Appreciation  (Read 222384 times)
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 04, 2007, 10:46:00 am »

I kinda like Logan, I think he's cute and he and Rory are a good match. Compared to Dean, he's like heaven, but compared to Jess, he's just an average guy  Wink

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
loganluvr
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:12 am »

I really think that Logan is the best for Rory. he is way better than Dean and in my opinion way way way better than Jess

Oy with the poodles already
Monkey monkey underpants
"Take the Porsche home and keep planning Asia"-Logan
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:53 am »

No, not way way way better than Jess  Shocked  Wink He's ok  Grin

ursakatja
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 258

i was born to love you.....

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 10, 2007, 04:09:14 am »

i think its sooo sad that rory didnt want to get married to him. hes  such a nice boy!! but i still like him

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 10, 2007, 11:48:38 am »

i think its sooo sad that rory didnt want to get married to him. hes† such a nice boy!! but i still like him
I agree!!! I understand where she's coming from though, she didn't want to be held down when she just started her career, but still, I find it sad  Embarrassed

ursakatja
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 258

i was born to love you.....

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 11, 2007, 01:27:59 am »

OOO Miranda you are soooo right!!

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2007, 09:56:25 am »

Thanks  Grin

Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 24, 2007, 06:46:14 am »

I must mention that I love Logan. I think he is gorgeous, and he really loved Rory. I don't really like how they ended this season. It didn't make sense to me. They kept building Rory & Logan's relationship, and it got so strong, so why would she say no. I'm not saying I think they should have gotten married, but honestly I think that if they were going to break them up, they should have done it at the beginning of season 7. I wouldn't have liked that either, but it would make more sense --- boyfriend leaves country, is gone for extended amount of time, the relationship goes downhilll. Am I making any sense?? And like I said I wouldn't really want them broken up at all, but I just think that way would have made more sense.

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 24, 2007, 10:00:38 am »

I must mention that I love Logan. I think he is gorgeous, and he really loved Rory. I don't really like how they ended this season. It didn't make sense to me. They kept building Rory & Logan's relationship, and it got so strong, so why would she say no. I'm not saying I think they should have gotten married, but honestly I think that if they were going to break them up, they should have done it at the beginning of season 7. I wouldn't have liked that either, but it would make more sense --- boyfriend leaves country, is gone for extended amount of time, the relationship goes downhilll. Am I making any sense?? And like I said I wouldn't really want them broken up at all, but I just think that way would have made more sense.
I agree, it didn't feel right for Rory to turn him down  Huh

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2007, 11:05:55 am »

okay, so, Logan is my last stop on my journey of saying my thoughts on all of Rory's boyfriends. Not intentionally. Actually, I'm a big Literati, but if Rory couldn't be with Jess, Logan was the next best thing for me. I thought he was wonderful. I think it was great that Rory and Logan clicked even though they're raised differently. Okay, Rory got some of that rich high standard thing from her grandparents but it was still different. Anyway, Logan did have his uuugrh moments, but so did Jess and Dean. I think he really loved Rory, and proposing to her was very brave and a so non Logan thing to do and I loved it. I'm glad she said no, because I don't think it was good at the time, and I'm sad they broke up, but if they wanted different things, maybe it was for the best. I still like him though, great guy.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2007, 12:18:56 am »

Hi.  I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Rory's boyfriends.

I think one reason Logan and Rory clicked was a matter of timing.  Logan probably starting to be emotionally ready for someone like Rory - someone who wanted a real relationship- and they met when he could give her one.  I don't think he was completely ready at the beginning, but I think that was because he was a work in progress, and the audience was given a front row seat to him improving while on the show. 

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2007, 05:16:20 pm »

Bumping this up, because, why not?  There's so much to appreciate about Logan.  And, well, some people on another board were appreciating him and that just got me itching to do it here.  I think the writers wanted to write a likable character (and on my part, they succeeded greatly) but they didn't take any easy outs.  He was likable, he grew, but he was flawed -and most impressively, he remained flawed.  I thought it was wonderful that Logan handled his business failure badly.  Not wonderful for him, but wonderful in that it was real.  It was believable.  Some people might have found it more satisfactory and given them more reason to like him if he had bounced right back, but there's no way that would have flown with me. Forget what anyone else would have done or how they might have handled things.  Take into account that it was the first thing he did on his own in business, that he was excited, and he considered it the thing that would make Mitchum sit up and take notice.  Of course he's not going to handle it crashing and burning in any good fashion.  And, I'm not saying his actions didn't warrant criticism.  I'm saying they weren't some proof that his growth wasn't real or some tired rehashing of old plots.  It was simply real.  And, they allowed him to crash in character. But, it's not just that he was flawed and believably remained so.  Logan always gained something, some self awareness from his mistakes (his last episode excluded, but for me, his story ends in Hay, Bale, Maze).  Great writing is what I just went on and on about with the believability of his fall.  Great for his character was his ability to recognize that he was screwing up.  Sure, Mitchum and Rory both had to read him the riot act, but I can bet there are some people who wouldn't have accepted it even then.  I'd say probably harder than anything he went through was Logan having to admit that Mitchum was right.  It's part of many reasons why I wish they hadn't ended the story with him quitting.  I still believe the intent was to show him taking responsibility for his actions -essentially firing himself- but without a positive view of the character (and maybe even with one, for some people) it's easy to view as a running away.  And, I really wish we saw the scene with his dad.  But, anyway, I'm off track again.  My point is, it's not just that he was flawed (I can name two characters -not on Gilmore Girls- that are riddled with flaws, that I hate) but that he came out better for all his mistakes.  Again, not perfect, but with continued growth.

yes, double post.  Please check dates between posts, though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:33:34 pm by Dani257 » Logged

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2007, 10:06:49 am »

I like how effortlessly it seemed that Logan accepted change in himself too.† Of course, Iíve mentioned plenty of reasons in the R/L thread but since he was only on the show in relation to her it makes sense that we saw most of the changes as having something to do with her and their relationship.† Some of those are committing to Rory, moving in with her and continuing their relationship long distance.† He was very matter of fact about all three big steps.† As if they were the only logical choices when presented with the situations.† And he settled into each new role without much difficulty at all.† I particularly liked when he was sort of defending himself to Lorelai in Hale Bale Maze as having full knowledge of all that leaving the Huntzberger net meant.† He was on his own for the first time and while it seemed like he understood everything that went along with it he also seemed he was going overboard to prove it.† I loved his and Lorelaiís conversation near the end of the episode.† He finally humbled himself to her and was straight and made it clear he was aware, even if a little scared, of what was looming ahead of him and was ready to face it head on.†
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2007, 09:09:33 pm »

Yeah, Logan didn't do a lot of angsting, if any,  over a decision once he made it. Probably it came from knowing what he wanted (sometimes it might have taken him awhile to find what that was) and having the confidence to go after it without second guessing himself. 

And, one of the final good scenes was Logan's talk to Lorelai.  Bearding the lioness in her den (not to mention the cute getting dressed before he went into the kitchen).  He really didn't have to talk to her, since she was about to leave the kitchen then, but he called her back and asked her to tell him her concerns.  The fact that I thought they let Logan have dignity, even as he admitted that he wasn't as cavalier as he pretended to be, and that it wasn't all Lorelai "the righteous defender of Rory" and Logan the sinner finally learning from her good example, made it good.  Well, except for one line, but one annoying line out of a really good scene that was a good swan song for him (what other episodes?  That was his last one) isn't bad.

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2007, 09:33:41 am »

Here I am again  Grin
So...I was browsing through the unappreciation threads, and Imy said in the Logan one how she is beginning to like Logan, and well, I thought about it, and I don't know if it's because I'm watching season 5 at this very moment, or some other reason, but I've become very fond of Logan. I'll always be a total Literati, but still...watching this all again...Logan was such a refreshment, because I couldn't stand one more moment of that Dean nonsense...plus they really loved each other.

Just had an urge to type that. Smiley

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37
  Print  

Jump to: