GilmoreGirls.org Forum
September 18, 2021, 12:48:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.08 - The Party's Over  (Read 64055 times)
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 06:04:27 pm »

I can't help but notice the similarities between this Rory/Dean breakup and the last...with Rory being in denial of the fact that things between her and Dean are getting stale and it's just time to move on...simple as that. The Rory/Dean relationship was never really based on that much, in my opinion. They seemed to get along really well, and he treats her incredibly well throughout the relationship, but they are on two different levels intellectually AND in regards to where each of their lives are heading. They talked earlier in the show about how Dean would stand around and wait on her to finish book shopping, rather than enjoying it. He complained the entire time they were preparing for the Debutante Ball where Rory was "coming out," and there are several other things throughout the various seasons during which they are dating that show they're just a temporary relationship, nothing more.

It was interesting to see her rebound from saying she wasn't going to be okay to getting drunk with Logan and Company. However, I think it was kinda cool of Logan to step in and try to make her feel better. Given the situation (Richard and Emily throwing that party and putting Rory in such an awkward position), I thought Rory made the absolute best of it. Although I am a huge fan of Jess, I do like Logan because I think he's just an awesome character addition to the show. Though he's a little on the spoiled side and I'm not buying the whole "My life is planned out for me and I hate where it's going, let me rebel and be totally irresponsible" act, I think he and Rory have a good relationship...excluding the fact that she drinks a LOT more when she's with Logan. I think it's just a good way to expose a rapidly growing-up Rory, different from the Rory we've seen in the past.

Happy 400th Post To Me! Celebrate

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2008, 06:56:28 pm »

Dean breaking up with rory is weird 2 me because he slept with her so he must of been in love big time! and then they get 2gether and then they aren't but it seems 2 me that dean didn't want 2 break up, but felt like he had 2 and that rory being 15 minutes late and then coming outside with a group of yale guys made him feel like he wasn't good enough 4 her and couldn't give her a fun time. but I also think he did it out of love 4 rory because he knew she needed someone who could give her more than he had 2 offer. i think dean will always love rory, but knows she won't love him ever again.

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:34 am »

i agree somewhat, and i do think that dean loves rory without a doubt, but just to be clear, i don't think that just because a guy sleeps with a girl means that he loves her. as a matter of fact, most guys are willing to sleep with a girl without loving her, just to get some action.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 03:53:07 pm »

"I Don't Belong Here."

The most TRUTHFUL statement to come from Dean's mouth in ages.

it's shame he wasn't riding shotgun with big bro in the Impala though.  He could've went in the trunk, pulled out the shotgun

loaded with rock salt.

Then blasted Logan and his little demonic cronies, before leaving.

especially that drunken tool Finn, what is the point of him?

This breakup was looooooooooooooooong overdue, but not with the INSIPID Billionaire Boys Club watching.

Hated how the Grandparents trotted Rory out like a show poodle at that party.

Was the final shot of her stumbling from that limo a preview of what's to come? Embarrassed
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:11 pm »

Unfortunately, yes.

BTW, Finn f*ckin' rocks!  He's hilarious! 

Yet, this is where Logan starts to pick off all of Rory's exes and those who pined for her and they go bye-bye.  Dean was Logan's first victim with help from his cronies.  Next is Marty and later on... Chachi. 
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 07:15:46 am »

Unfortunately, yes.

BTW, Finn f*ckin' rocks!  He's hilarious! 

Yet, this is where Logan starts to pick off all of Rory's exes and those who pined for her and they go bye-bye.  Dean was Logan's first victim with help from his cronies.  Next is Marty and later on... Chachi. 

Awwwwwwwwwwwww man, I like Naked Dude.
~*SailorMoonFan*~
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

We are not what you think we are, we are golden!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 05:30:30 pm »

it's shame he wasn't riding shotgun with big bro in the Impala though.  He could've went in the trunk, pulled out the shotgun

loaded with rock salt.

OMG!! Hah! That would be so epic!

Narco:Because I love you, you idiot!

~This one's for the girls~
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »

loaded with rock salt.

OMG!! Hah! That would be so epic!

Oh Yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: