GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 19, 2022, 09:04:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions Thread  (Read 203878 times)
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 06, 2008, 08:28:45 pm »

I didnt lik Dean he pissed me off i mean in the first season he was sweet but dang that boy could be a little ass face

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:17 am »

Dean was a good character in the first season.  Yet, as he progressed, he lacked any real depth in comparison to Jess and later on, Logan. 

In the second season, he was still this loveable boyfriend who finds himself competing with Jess and by the third, he lost Rory (for the second time).  He became some kind of stalker-esque kind of character by the third and I don't think he ever really loved Lindsay.  She was pretty much a rebound girl whom he enjoyed and decided to marry her hoping to get Rory out of his mind.  Yet in the fourth season, he got married and tried to be Rory's friend yet his feelings for Rory were way too strong to the point that he lied to Rory in order to sleep with her while he was still married.  Lorelai couldn't even look at him after what happened in the fourth season finale.

Then in Season 5, whatever intelligence his character had in the early years seemed to have fallen by the wayside.  I remember one scene in the episode The Party's Over where Rory asked for his opinion about the Life & Death Brigade article she wrote and he couldn't even come up with a simple answer.  It was clear to the audience and maybe in some ways, Dean himself that they were moving in very different worlds.  Their relationship at that point was kind of frowned upon.  Luke disapproved of the whole relationship over what he did to Lindsay and how he manipulated Rory.  The Gilmores definitely felt he wasn't good enough.  Plus, his family, with the exception of Clara, looked at Rory in a very different way.  They even had a hard time socializing.  Then came that party the Gilmores had for Rory and Rory, had a great time.  Dean realized he couldn't compete with the likes of Logan or that lifestyle and, I think he made the right move despite how much it hurt him.  For Rory, I don't think she understood at first and ended up getting a bit drunk and having a great time with Logan.

Then came Dean's final appearance in Live & Let Diorama where all of his frustrations of losing Rory and the fact that Luke is dating Lorelai came ahead.  He obviously despises Luke not just dating Lorelai.  I think he also hates him for bringing Jess to Stars Hollow and ruined whatever joy he had with Rory back in season 1.  What he did was put a lot of doubt into Luke that at first, didn't really happen until Season 6 and Season 7. 

To me, the GG story is still on through fan fiction.  I don't think it's really over until the fans say it is.  I've been a fan for a few months so far and I've been watching the re-runs through ABC Family and review each episode from the first 6 seasons. 

What did happen to Dean right in the end?  Is he still in Stars Hollow?  Did he leave?  Is he still pining for Rory?
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2008, 09:54:30 am »

Hmm thevoid99 wow i just totally luved ur opinion on that.  Ur right he did use Lindsay as a rebound girl and he took that to far when he went and married the poor chic. But then also ur right on the Dean and Rory had lik two whole different lives goin. He was baggin groceries and  she was goin to one of the best schools in the country and the differences in lifestyle obviously didint go well together.

Then came Dean's final appearance in Live & Let Diorama where all of his frustrations of losing Rory and the fact that Luke is dating Lorelai came ahead. He obviously despises Luke not just dating Lorelai. I think he also hates him for bringing Jess to Stars Hollow and ruined whatever joy he had with Rory back in season 1. What he did was put a lot of doubt into Luke that at first, didn't really happen until Season 6 and Season 7.

Ok u r also very right on this one  Smiley he did hate Luke for that and I think that couldve turned into more if they let it but who knows  :Smiley[/i]

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2008, 06:09:21 pm »

To me, the GG story is still on through fan fiction.  I don't think it's really over until the fans say it is.  I've been a fan for a few months so far and I've been watching the re-runs through ABC Family and review each episode from the first 6 seasons. 

What did happen to Dean right in the end?  Is he still in Stars Hollow?  Did he leave?  Is he still pining for Rory?

It won't continue if I write a piece of fan fiction in which everyone dies really horrifically. Let's see.... Dean after seeing Lorelai and Luke together in the last episode, snaps. He ties them both up and kills them. Somehow power tools are involved, hammers and circular saws, well he is a carpenter. He waits for Rory to come home, he knows she's back in town and kills her Jack the Ripper style including removing some of her organs. The Girls are dead. Emily stops by to check out plans for the Dragonfly Spa and is strangled using her pearls. Sookie as she is pregnant is spared being killed but spends the rest of her days in a pysch ward saying over and over again that she has "ennui".
Viola.
All I'm saying is that this was a show with several writers, creators, directors and actors. Only they should have the right to continue what they've started. It's their child, written for the fans not by the fans. Anything else doesn't count. Would you walk into a uni literature class and start debating the merits of a cliff notes version of Othello? I mean it's bascially the same thing right? It has the same characters, the prose is a little different but what's the real problem?
On that note which is the real fan fic cannon to discuss here? There's a thread on fanfiction.net discussing the merits of stories in which Lorelai and Rory are incestuous lesbian lovers. It's disgusting but I guess it's just as valid a direction to take as any other.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2008, 08:47:57 pm »

That's pretty f*cking gruesome.

I'm a writer though I admit, I lean towards nihilism.

If I want Dean to return.  It would take place years later as Luke & Lorelai had gotten married.  Got a couple of kids.  Living quite happily in Stars Hollow.  Rory lives in Hartford working at the Hartford Courant with a new boyfriend whom she's living with.  Jess is now married to another woman and just had a newborn son which Rory is the godmother.  Richard and Emily are also doing fine as well as the rest of the Gilmore-Danes clan.  April's in Yale like Rory doing well.  Liz & T.J. have also done well with their Rennaissance thing with their two kids. 

Dean's return would be to stir things up in his attempts to rekindle his love for Rory but it's too late. 
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2008, 05:16:50 pm »

Now why cant they make that episode for godness sakes! That sounds lik the best episode eva! U could totally write for tv shows! Cheesy haha but yes i luved ur little subtle * in f*CK  Wink

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2008, 10:28:41 am »

katie, why not make it an human interest story and kick it off with Dean suffering from PTSD after returning from Iraq?

My notion for Dean's fictional future was that, at a loose end, he served as an airplane mechanic for the USAF and returned to Stars Hollow to open a shop in Stars Hollow after Gypsy burns down Stars Hollow Mechanics and collects the insurance to retire in Rio. Dragonfly Motors quickly becomes a fixture in the town's backdrop, despite the owner's infamous grouchiness and insistence that the old Ice Cream Store sign remain in place above the door.

USUAggieBabe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

I Love House!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2008, 01:13:40 pm »

Hey guys--

I'm new...sortof.  I used to be on the board long time ago but have since rejoined.  Smiley

<3 Bree Anne <3

Gilmore Girls:
*Java Junkie*Literati*Reality Junkie*

House:
*Cameron/House*Wilson/Cuddy*

The Office:

*Jim/Pam*Dwight/Angela*
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 17, 2008, 02:38:35 pm »

Hey welcome back!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

USUAggieBabe
Stars Hollow Tourist

I Love House!

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 17, 2008, 05:19:56 pm »

Hey thanks! Cheesy

My unpopular opinions:

1.  I'm glad Lorelai and Chris got married.  Until they actually got married, Lorelai always had him in the back of her mind.  Because they got married, Lorelai realized that Chris was only just a "wonderful possibility for her." Thus leaving her to be all in for real with Luke.

2.  I like Digger.  I thought he was fun and I loved how well he could keep up with Lorelai.  They were a fun couple.  Odd, but fun. Smiley

3.  I liked Season 7 and Dave R.  I think he did a great job with what he was left with, and it had to have been tough coming up with a plausible storyline from where Amy left it.

4.  Through Seasons 5-7, I only watched for Lorelai's storylines.

5.  I think Rory and Marty would have been a great couple if Amy had let it develop.

<3 Bree Anne <3

Gilmore Girls:
*Java Junkie*Literati*Reality Junkie*

House:
*Cameron/House*Wilson/Cuddy*

The Office:

*Jim/Pam*Dwight/Angela*
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 17, 2008, 05:22:43 pm »

Ur welcome! OMG i totally agree with #s 5 and 3!

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Sock
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 18, 2008, 07:22:23 pm »

I really disliked Jess and was happy when he left.
I LOVE Logan!
I like Richard and Emily.
Kirk annoyed the hell out of me and i saw no reason for him to be in the show.
Taylor makes me go GRR.
And Miss Patty always p*ssed me off with the continuous sexual innuendos.
Sock
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 18, 2008, 07:40:06 pm »

Oh and also, Michele pissed me off so much. What a rude little man.
 He was hardly ever funny.
tennischic
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 18, 2008, 08:02:21 pm »

Hahah ur opinions make me smile sock  Cheesy

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 18, 2008, 09:44:15 pm »

I will probably make a lot of enemies, but I have to say that for the most part I really hated Emily and Richard.  If I had parents especailly a mother like that, I would have moved across the country not just half an hour away.  Granted Lorelai caused some of her own problems with them but if Emily was really so worried about Lorelai not continuing to come to FNDs, I would think that she would have treated Lorelai a lot better.  All that she really wanted was to get her gready little hands on Rory and take her to the dark side with them which they did succeed in doing.  But then Emily started treating Rory just like she did Lorelai.  The stupid woman didn't have a clue that she was so good at sending her family running away from her.  Fortunately Rory caught on and got out of there, too.  Yeah, she had a couple of semi-nice days but they were few and far between.  I see her as a selfish, self-centered, manipulitive, bitch.  I have to mute the TV when Emily gets going on some of her rants.  Especially the ones when she is putting down Luke.  That is just how I feel about mainly Emily.   Okay, hit me with your best shot.  I can so see it coming. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  

Jump to: