GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 22, 2022, 10:41:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions Thread  (Read 215971 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 12:03:23 pm »

Ugh I hate it. He's so ugly, I don't find him the least bit attractive.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 02:16:05 pm »

Also, I am the lost Aerie. The latest installment wasn't up to par, but I remained impressed by these young women discussing our favorite show on national television. It gives me hope that women's lib will not make female expressionism obsolete.

Yes, I  added that Aerie opinions were welcome just for you.  I thought you'd have a reason for using them Grin

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
harvestmoon52
Diner Chef

Community Points: 89

So I'm back. What of it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 02:22:01 pm »

I absolutely hate, hate, hate HATE the newer seasons. What happened to days of old when Rory looked and acted like she had a halo, and it was just girls being girls? I think the real drama came when Rory met Jess. I thought he was a total screw-up and Rory was insane for liking him. Me? I would have pulled a Kill Bill and pulled out his eye. He annoys me that much, except where he grows up, gets a life, and writes a book.

And it woould have been a good idea to slip in a L/L romance in the beginning.

I made this. If you'd like me to make a sig, I'd be happy to do so.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 02:25:54 pm »

^ Hear, hear!! I don't like the new seasons. The whole pace changed once L & L got together, and I didn' tlike it

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
melly2088
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »

Hmm, Green Ribbon ('nuff said, but that never stopped me before.) I love the show just the way it is, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Was that pointed at me?  Huh Sorry just unsure, cos last night i voted the "green ribbon" hmmm... everyones points are different ay... it's amazing what everyone thinks.. but... its all good.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:04:18 pm by melly2088 » Logged
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »

I don't think the fact that Lunkhead never knew he had a dotter is entirely Anna's fault. While we guys are famous for shagging and skipping, it is indicated that he and she had an ongoing relationship, and that this was not just a one-time drunken grope at a party or something. When Lunkhead told Liz April's age, Liz knew immediately she was Anna Nardini's dotter. She makes a speech to the effect that Lunkhead was allus a one-girl-at-a-time guy.

If a woman I was dating suddenly left town without a word, I'd sure as hell make effort to find her and find out why. Others would know, and I'd find out. Plus which: They weren't high school kids like Lorelai and Christopher. Lunkhead is 40 and April is 13. He and Anna were adults when they made her. It also points up that two people that age ought to know more about birth control. Condoms are for high school kids. Grownups should know how to be more careful.

Given this: I don't buy that Lunkhead made no effort, or could not find out, why Anna suddenly dropped out of his life and disappeared.

In a way, this is just one more instance of ASP making her male characters losers. He is not only irresponsible, he a numbskull beyond belief.

Angry
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:29:16 pm by MikeinLA » Logged

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »

*edited to delete discussion*
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:58:50 pm by conradv » Logged

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 05:58:08 pm »

I hate Anna. What kind of person gets mad at someone for giving their kid a great birthday party?
What kind of person thinks it's ok to get attatched to some one once they're married (hello? The divorce rate is like 50% these days, marriage is not a surefire bet she's not goin anywhere), and what kind of person doens't tell someon ethey're a Daddy. That's just mean.

MiniPink
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 06:17:26 pm »

I'm not a L/L shipper, but the fact that Lorelai grew up rich and Luke owns a diner has nothing to do with that.  I also don't think Christopher is a better or worse fit because he has money or grew up in the same social world as Lorelai.  And, unpopular, just because almost everyone picks one side or another, I really don't ship either L/L or L/C.

This just reminds me... I never got to explain why I like Chirs and Lorelai together. I said they had things in common, such as they use the same refferences, they feel the same way about their parents, they both talk a lot (one of the things that upsetts me about Luke is that I feel like he can put words together in a sentence). This stuff may seem superficial, it simply shows that I don't believe in the ying and the yang. And they share a child.

Here's one: while watching the show, I don't care about the drama. I just enjoy the comedy. I still think the drama is the best part, but I don't think about it until I get to discuss it (usually with my mum  Grin).

I don't see how brining the characters back (several times) is unreasonable. It actually looks like real life, when people one's had a relationship -big or small- with doesn't just dissapear from one's life. Which leads me to my next unpopular opinion, I don't think Lorelai should quit Friday Night Dinners from once and for all. Lorelai's parents are her only close relatives. I don't believe in the 'blind and necessary' power of family, but I do  believe in trying to grow a relationship with the people you know are always going to be there for you. Richard and Emily would never walk out on Lorelai, all they ever do is try to get her back.

I have a lot of unpopular opinions in 'real life' too, so I'll keep thanking Dani for the thread. I'm still not sure how it's going to work though. 

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
MikeinLA
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 20

Lauren as VAMPIRE?!?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 06:20:25 pm »

I don't get how you could think that it was in any way Luke's fault that a girl he was involved with left town without telling him that she was pregnant.  I know that you have a thing for "Lunkhead", but that's quite a leap to say that it was Luke's fault that he was ignorant of the fact that he had a daughter.

Of COURSE it was partly his fault! It's a nuther facet of his lunkheadedness. How could he possibly not know or at least make effort to find out why she suddenly left town? They were NOT teenagers! He would certainly have had means to find out where she had gone and why.

And on that score: I kind of like Anna. It is believable that she sees Lunkhead as not ideal fatherhood material. The scene with Lunkhead and the attorney in 7.10 was very accurate and right on. The court would certainly award no custody to him, as he gives the appearance of being sloppy, short tempered, and antisocial. He does have an arrest record based on uncontrollable anger, and Christopher could have charged him with assault and battery. Twice, as it was Lunkhead who threw the first punch in that absurd looking "fight" in 7.10.

When Lorelai went to see Anna for the first time, I thought Anna was civil to her and very nice. And guess what, kiddies? Turned out Anna was right! Lorelai and Luke ARE irresponsible and not a solid, married couple.

Angry

Shameless plug for my book:  http://www.lulu.com/undeadlyspring
Marian...
Inn Concierge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:30 pm »

Hey, guys, would you mind labelling your season 7 talk with a big bold sign?  Smiley I'm a SPREE and I'm behind with the episodes, and I've been a little spoiled here.

Thank you  Kiss.

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 06:26:44 pm »

*edited to delete discussion*
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:59:37 pm by conradv » Logged

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
arockwell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 06:30:37 pm »

I like Christopher too - he's sarcastic, witty, and his sense of humor is right up my alley.  He and Lorelai should be together - look at all the history they've got.  They are cut from the same cloth - and I hope they work through their problems and find a way to stay together.  

Marian...
Inn Concierge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 06:39:04 pm »

I've got another one. Sometimes it bugs me that Lorelai and Rory don't make big thoughts on things. They have wit, but they never go for more. They never see (what I call) real movies, they just see silly ones to mock the actors. It sometimes feels like they think too much of theirselves and they are unable to admire anyone.

Marian

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:50 pm »

Yes, I  added that Aerie opinions were welcome just for you.  I thought you'd have a reason for using them Grin

Dani has got my number! No surprises there. How about this:

The way Richard protects Emily from the emotional consequences of her relationship with Lorelai is obscene. Of course he must choose his wife over his errant daughter, but if he is angry with Lorelai, he should confront her, not wait for her to cross Emily then open fire about his old resentments.

(See the "Over 50's" thread for context.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:45:34 pm by lessa » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: