GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 22, 2022, 09:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions Thread  (Read 215962 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 07:13:44 pm »

To prove that paragraph is on topic, here comes my [somewhat] unpopular opinion: I love Dani257's super-long, practically epic posts. I know it annoys some people, but those are probably the kind of people who buy the Cliffnotes instead of reading the book.

(I know that is a forum-related unpopular opinion, and not a show-related one, so if that isn't alright I'll edit it.)
I'm so with you, I normally post super long posts which go back and re-qoute everyone in great detail. It ALWAYS makes me mad when I can tell others just reply quickly and probably just skimmed my thread.  When I take out time and effort to try to write an entertaining and meaninful post....well it erks me.

Though I will be cliche and say how much I LOVE the idea for this thread.  I will go back when I have more time on my plate to comment on all of the 'unpopular' opinions that I agree with.  THANKS DANI![/color]

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Marian...
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 282

Biggest South American Fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 07:33:06 pm »

Great thread Dani!

I love Chirstopher. He's madure, good to Lorelai and they have so much in common.

I hate TJ. He annoys me... serieously.

Until season 6, I hated Jess. He was harsh on Rory and he showed up our of the blue... for bad. But then he wrote a book  Smiley.

Logan... too spoiled.

And Emily and Richard are the best characters right after Lorelai and Rory. Maybe even before Rory.

That felt so good!

Marian

A big hug to the ORG's signature fairy, Melissa(and her baby)Thanks for the amazing job you did on my sig!

Biggest south American Fan - 100% Spoilerless

Just say 'Yes M.A.M.M.'
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 10:32:36 pm »

Much as I love a little ego stroking *purrrrr* I'm thinking opinions about posters, even postive ones aren't the best thing here.  You know, just to keep it friendly.

And, no one has done anything wrong, but just a quick summary of the thread for any one who doesn't see the first post.  This is unpopular opinions (the opinions that you feel no one or only a few people will agree with) about Gilmore Girls, from the show itself, characters, writing, acting, and, even the Aeries (since I know people have opinions).  It's also not just big things.  If someone has an opinion about something that doesn't necessarily fit into an existing thread, but it's unpopular, then it can go here as well.

Like:  I don't care if an episode makes me laugh.  In fact, I can't remember any of my favorite episodes making me so much as chuckle, but I love them for reasons that have nothing to do with humor.

And, I said it in the episode thread, but since this is the safest place to put it, I won't hold back.  I think Lucy calling Marty "Boyfriend" is cute.  Cute, and adorable, I tell you!  But, then, I'm also a big fan of the unpopular (here and other boards as well) nickname "Ace"  I can't help it.

I'm not a L/L shipper, but the fact that Lorelai grew up rich and Luke owns a diner has nothing to do with that.  I also don't think Christopher is a better or worse fit because he has money or grew up in the same social world as Lorelai.  And, unpopular, just because almost everyone picks one side or another, I really don't ship either L/L or L/C.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
mhmm
Town Resident

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 10:52:25 pm »

Interesting thread, I'll join...

I thought Rory's behavior in seasons 3-the first part of season 5 (stringing boys along, acting nasty because Jess wouldn't wait around for her like a kicked puppy while she stayed with Dean, flirting with Jess in front of the whole town, getting mad anytime someone called her on her behavior, sleeping with a married man, and uttering the single brattiest line I've ever heard on this show "He was my boyfriend first!" was much more disturbing and unlikable than whether she reads as much.  So, Rory of seasons 6 and 7 is one of my favorite Rorys, right up there with season 1.

This might be against the rules of this thread, but I agree with what you said about Rory.

I hated the Jess/Rory relationship and actually felt sorry for Dean...until he married what's her face and cheated on her with Rory, but I still liked him better with Rory than Jess.
Jess annoyed me to no end when he was with Rory, but I liked his interaction with Luke and Liz (the little that there was).

I think I hated Tristan more than the Jess/Rory relationship and that's saying alot.

I like season 7, it has a different feel, but it's not all bad.

That's it for now...

melly2088
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 11:09:40 pm »

Interesting thread, I'll join...

I thought Rory's behavior in seasons 3-the first part of season 5 (stringing boys along, acting nasty because Jess wouldn't wait around for her like a kicked puppy while she stayed with Dean, flirting with Jess in front of the whole town, getting mad anytime someone called her on her behavior, sleeping with a married man, and uttering the single brattiest line I've ever heard on this show "He was my boyfriend first!" was much more disturbing and unlikable than whether she reads as much.  So, Rory of seasons 6 and 7 is one of my favorite Rorys, right up there with season 1.

This might be against the rules of this thread, but I agree with what you said about Rory.

I hated the Jess/Rory relationship and actually felt sorry for Dean...until he married what's her face and cheated on her with Rory, but I still liked him better with Rory than Jess.
Jess annoyed me to no end when he was with Rory, but I liked his interaction with Luke and Liz (the little that there was).

I think I hated Tristan more than the Jess/Rory relationship and that's saying alot.

I like season 7, it has a different feel, but it's not all bad.

That's it for now...

I completely agree there! I don't like Tristan, Logan is to much of alcoholic... I have a toss up between Jess & Dean!  Huh
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 11:38:09 pm »

Everyone seems to have this love affair with Taylor, and I just don't get it.

If he'd have been in my home town, he'd have been beat bloody a long time ago.  Not only for what he's done to Luke (which may be a fightin' word on this here thread...lol), with just one example being the "secret meeting" when Jess showed up in town, but to pretty much everyone who disagreed with anything he "wanted".  Being the head of every organization in town, he figures that he runs the place.

A swift kick in the ass is what Taylor needs.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 09:02:11 am »

I think Lorelai deserved what she got.
This is exactly the type of opinion that is perfect for this thread.  Unpopular, and no one is allowed to disagree -on this thread- or snark.  Regardless of my own feelings on the subject, this is just what the thread is for.  Bravo.

But, I'm still going to hang back a bit, since I already posted my list earlier and I do want to wait to see if anyone else finds the thread redundant. 

i agree with what you are saying but, i think by telling people that they are not allowed to snark you might be pushing some buttons...not mine but, someones. I personally never snark I don't like it and won't use it. *pretty stick*
urbanmonkey
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 10:16:21 am »

This is a cool thread!  I kinda like it!

~I hate Logan.  I prefer Jess so much more, and I think Logan is such a jerk.
~I lost a whole ton of respect for Rory after she slept with Dean. 
~Despite Marty being a jerk, I like him and wouldn't mind seeing a relationship between Rory and Marty.
~I'm not a big fan of the Lane/Zach relationship.  I liked Dave.
peaceful
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 86

^The ultimate pretty stick ~*~Tadd~*~

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:03 am »

~Despite Marty being a jerk, I like him and wouldn't mind seeing a relationship between Rory and Marty.
~I'm not a big fan of the Lane/Zach relationship.  I liked Dave.

I am there with you on both of these opinions.  I think Dave was much smarter and a better pic for lane.  Zach seems like such an airhead.

and marty is soooo good looking now

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 10:35:05 am »

Unfortunately, snarking can't be controlled.  You're not supposed to snark for opinions here (or anywhere on the site, but supposed to and what happens aren't always the same thing, as many of us know).  It would be nice if no one snarked and people took the thread as being a place where you can read opinions you might never have thought anyone could have and be on a thread with someone who thinks the complete opposite of you and still be on topic.

I think the relationship between Lorelai and Richard is much more difficult and bad (crappy word, can't think of a better oen) than the relationship between her and Emily.  The show sometimes throws in crazy situations to put Lorelai and Emily back at square one, but when they don't do that, I've seen genuine progress and an attempt at understanding on both sides.  I just don't see that with Richard.  I guess my other unpopular opinion is I think Richard is a worse parent than Emily.

eta:  I've seen both these episodes pop up on lists of favorite episodes, so I want to say here that I hate, with a burning fire of rage, Road Trip to Harvard and Friday Night's All Right For Fighting (with the exception of Logan and Rory getting the paper out). 

I have no problem with either Rory or Lorelai cooking or attempting to cook. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:40:54 am by Dani257 » Logged

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 11:51:48 am »

I hate Jess. Really, really hate him. Not because he's a bad boy, and not just because of his treatment of Rory. Bottom line: He's incredibly ugly, thus the previously mentioned flaws cannot be redeemed.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:02 am »

I hate Jess. Really, really hate him. Not because he's a bad boy, and not just because of his treatment of Rory. Bottom line: He's incredibly ugly, thus the previously mentioned flaws cannot be redeemed.

ROTFL  Coffee & props 2 u!

peaceful
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 86

^The ultimate pretty stick ~*~Tadd~*~

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2006, 11:58:17 am »

lol that was funny.  I actually think he is kindda cute.  I dont know I have this weird attraction where all he makes me want to do when I see him is jump him.  you can tell I have awkward taste

Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »

For a guy, I agree, he is pretty cute. I actually like him best with Rory -but only b'cause I hate every other guys she's "dated"!

I'm writing a ff where Jess is Luke's nephew actually... I like his half smirk thingie...

That was just Hi-larious!

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 12:02:59 pm »

Great thread! The snarkees finally have a place to call home.

Hmm, Green Ribbon ('nuff said, but that never stopped me before.) I love the show just the way it is, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Also, I am the lost Aerie. The latest installment wasn't up to par, but I remained impressed by these young women discussing our favorite show on national television. It gives me hope that women's lib will not make female expressionism obsolete.

Finally, Richard=Luke. Emotionally distant, vicious on the inside, won't talk to Lorelai when he's angry with her... they say girls marry their fathers, right?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: