GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 04:04:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: IF "Rory" was portrayed by Different Actress Would U Still Watch GG?  (Read 27795 times)
Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 10:21:52 pm »

i would probably watch it, but i wouldn't like it.

Yeah, that's how i feel. I'd watch it see what happened but i'd be pissed as hell about it.

Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:03 pm »

I guess I wouldn't ... I would try how it works with a different Rory, but if Alexis goes, Lauren goes ... that's what she said and if both of them are recasted, then it's just not the Gilmore Girls anymore.

I would like a season 8 and I support it, but if Alexis wants to leave and try something else then she should and we should not make her feel guilty about it. We had 7 great years (well, the last year wasn't that great, but ...).

lalaliz2005
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 07:48:46 am »

I honestly don't think the charisma would be there. And I don't believe anyone else can pull off the fast-talking, quick-witted comments as well. Lauren Graham is a natural at that. She seems to be like that in real-life and in every other movie. As for Alexis, she really has progressed. The show wouldn't be the same and I would boycot it to the fullest extent.
natasha
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 67

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 08:31:19 am »

i would watch it (becouse luke and lor) but it would be completely different... Undecided

HEAD_TURNER
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 12:52:55 pm »

NOOOOOO WAAAAAYYYY  Angry
UmustBe
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 01:36:04 pm »

Noooo wayyy!!!!!!!!!!!! It wouldnt be the same! Alexis or NOTHING!

ELIZABETH ♥
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 07:28:41 pm »

Wow!!!

I am really impressed with the level of feelings we GG fans have. We rock!!!

I would definitely be turned off.  It would not even be remotely recognizable as the show we have all come to know and love.

I would  much rather that AB make sporadic guest appearances than to have DR 'introduce' us to a new actress trying to portray Rory. And yes, as a diehard java junkie, I am much more invested in the L/L relationship but I just won't accept anything someone tries to get me accept.

That is why I applaude Heidi for beginning the Great 8 Mandate because we all would love one last season.

soxgrrl33
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 04:45:07 pm »

i would probably watch it, but i wouldn't like it.

Yeah, that's how i feel. I'd watch it see what happened but i'd be pissed as hell about it.

same here sort of like some of this season,but that would b even worse
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 07:43:14 am »

Does this thread make anybody else mad... I mean, not the thread itself.. but everytime I think about this subject I get very angry.... maybe its just me....

<3 ash

I get mad too.
I keep thinking about a Rory-less Gilmore Girls, and it depresses me.
And when I get depressed, I get mad at myself for being depressed.
But its soo hard to not think about it when the show's fate is in a couple of MONTHS.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 07:52:04 am »

Does this thread make anybody else mad... I mean, not the thread itself.. but everytime I think about this subject I get very angry.... maybe its just me....

<3 ash

I get mad too.
I keep thinking about a Rory-less Gilmore Girls, and it depresses me.
And when I get depressed, I get mad at myself for being depressed.
But its soo hard to not think about it when the show's fate is in a couple of MONTHS.

I'm with you on that!
A few months ago when rumours were flying about GG being Rory-less, I got so depressed and upset cause she is like my favorite character plus the Lorelai and Rory relationship is the only reason I watch the show but then when people started talking about the show possible not coming back at all, I just flipped. I think I want the show to end if Alexis leaves but its depressing to think of the show completely gone. At least if Alexis just goes, we will still see her during sweeps and stuff. I don't really know what I want really, this whole situation depresses me Cry I won't give up though!

I think I actually get more depressed then mad cause I have nothing to be mad about. Huh

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Lets Shall
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 39

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 08:08:07 am »

Lauren Graham said that she wouldn't be a part of the show anymore if Alexis Bledel left.  So I really don't think she'd be happy even with a Rory replacement.  I think it's an all Alexis -or- nothing type of thing.  Don't feel sad about having to watch a GG without Alexis Bledel because I doubt that would happen. But I'm with ya, I'll be sad if the show ends this season
jmaxwell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 08:35:39 am »

Yes, definitely!  Bledl (sp.) wants to walk, so they should let her. She doesn't legally own the role of "Rory". It would be real interesting to see how another actress would play it. I think that Linsay Lohan would be g-r-e-a-t as Rory, and she would be able to keep up the banter with Loralie,as well. Although people on this board say that they would stop watching, I doubt that that is true. They would watch and they would adapt. Sometimes you gotta think outside the box!
elocin

Community Points: 16

i'm 14:D

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 10:02:37 pm »

i would watch it to see what happened... i'd be insanely mad though because it wouldn't be the same! and if Lauren goes too i think i would just die... i'd try to watch it but i think about halfway through the first episode i would flip out and never be able to watch it... that would suck... i hope they do another season! but if Alexis doesn't wanna they shouldnt do one... it wouldn't be the same.

Life's short. talk fast.

Lorelai: if you're not there, i'd have to get drunk and make out with the best man, who is Rory, so you can see all the very creepy remifications of your absense here.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 08:28:37 pm »

i would watch it to see what happened... i'd be insanely mad though because it wouldn't be the same! and if Lauren goes too i think i would just die... i'd try to watch it but i think about halfway through the first episode i would flip out and never be able to watch it... that would suck... i hope they do another season! but if Alexis doesn't wanna they shouldnt do one... it wouldn't be the same.

My God, if Lauren went too?!!! I would be sooooo done with the show! No one can capture the Lorelai and Rory personality better then Lauren and Alexis!! I wouldn't even watch the new episodes just to see what it was like cause it would ruin the image of Lorelai and Rory for me!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
window lej
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »

I would still watch it but it just wouldn't be the same. YA KNOW?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: