GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 26, 2022, 02:58:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.16 - Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?  (Read 173090 times)
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 06:39:47 pm »

This episode wasn't quite what I hoped. First of all, I wanted Lane to have the babies, not almost have them. She looks like she's about to pop! And when L/L were talking...I don't know, for a moment there I thought they would kiss, I really did. I mean, you had the doorway behind them (classic L/L hookup/reuinion Smiley) and, I don't know, it seemed like it. But then he said "Yeah, well, things change." I wanted her to say "Not always," and kiss him, but no. Sad Ah well, we'll just have to hope David Rosenthal actually WANTS them to be together and isn't just torturing us, otherwise I'm going to roast his head. Literally. Like, with a torch.

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 06:41:04 pm »

So I was wondering what Luke would look like in Disney World and....

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:42:40 pm by kamakazedeer » Logged

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 06:42:44 pm »

kamakazedeer that is a Hilarious picture. I love it, just how I picture he'd look!  Smiley

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
gilmoregirlfan4
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

Got a handful of barbie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 06:43:55 pm »

I think that this was one of the best episodes this season. Next weeks looks good too lol the look on Emily's face when Lorelai said something about a stripper.

Did Lulu look different to anyone esle or am I just crazy?

haha love the picture

You people post fast.

AGREED.

Thanks Laura for the sig!

-Oy with the poodles already!-

-Rory: Do somehting to make me hate you!
-Lorelai: Um...go Hitler?-

-Copperboom!-

-We have flying deer?
moves like silk
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 06:45:02 pm »

I need help. Trying to hear the audio spoiler from last week's episode where Lorelei reads the letter to Chris (? is that what happened??? I missed the episode) and can't find it on you tube. Anyone???

Thanks!

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 06:55:01 pm »

So I was wondering what Luke would look like in Disney World and....

LOL I love it!!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 06:56:14 pm »

When Logan explained what happened to Rory he was rambling off all of the people’s money he lost (including the coffee cart guy Cheesy) and Mitchum was one of the first few people he mentioned.  Logan might be able to keep it from him until the lawyers traced all of the minor investors down to serve them as well.  Explains why Mitchum was trying to get a hold of him so badly.  It depends, as it is TV land they could lose everything or next to nothing.  Realistically the Hunztberger company would suffer a hit but it wouldn’t incapacitate them.  Picture Wal-Mart being sued by another corporation (I don’t know what they would sue for but just to refer to the size of the company involved).  Seeing as though they stopped using the technology fairly quickly (I think a few weeks is quick) I would think that would soften the blow or at least keep from more law suits being heaped on the pile.  

Colin and Finn definitely seemed to be the issue as far as Rory was concerned.  But was it more that Rory was hesitant about going to Vegas with Colin & Finn.  I don’t know if she’d have that much of a problem with it if he were with his sister.  Or if he were just going to hang out on the town with Colin and Finn.  I thought it was the combination of those particular friends in Vegas.  Maybe it was just surprise that Colin and Finn were involved.  We haven’t seen Logan’s storyline aside from involvement with Rory but he hasn’t mentioned them at least in quite a while (that I remember anyway).  I don’t think (truly hope not at least) she expected him to cut them out of his life, just that they hadn’t been a big part of it recently.  I agree that he was just blowing off steam.  I like that Rory was so positive they’d handle whatever happens together.  It was a given for her.  
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 07:02:06 pm »

I adored this episode!! It was a nice balance of comedy and drama. There were pop culture references, nice moments between different characters and back and forth dialogue. It felt like GG of past seasons! As the season goes on, the episodes get better and better.

There's no complaints over here  Smiley

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 07:04:11 pm »

When Logan explained what happened to Rory he was rambling off all of the people’s money he lost (including the coffee cart guy Cheesy) and Mitchum was one of the first few people he mentioned.  Logan might be able to keep it from him until the lawyers traced all of the minor investors down to serve them as well.

That still seems to be different from what happened in earlier episodes.  At least from the way I understood it, Logan was going rogue with the company only putting up his money, his team's money, and money he gathered from investors outside Huntzberger Publications.  So, it just seems weird now to hear that Mitchum actually did put money up.  I meant Logan sounded like he was keeping the purchase of the company (I know it wasn't a company) itself from Mitchum not the trouble after it was bought.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 07:08:57 pm »

That was the impression I'd gotten originally too.  I'll watch it again sometime between now and tomorrow morning so I'll confirm, but I'm sure he said it.
LovesToRead
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 07:09:50 pm »

Well, I really liked this episode.  The part where Lane asked Rory to be her kid's "Lorelai Gilmore" was so sweet, so touching.  I thought it was beautiful. 

As far as the whole Logan thing goes, I feel bad for him but at the same time I'm slightly annoyed with him.  I mean, I know that he's flawed and that he's taken a huge blow but I just wish that he would have told Rory about what happened sooner.  At the same time, I can understand why he didn't.  He was embarassed and ashamed and completely disappointed in himself.  And he's worried about what's going to happen with Mitchum.  I'm so conflicted about his character right now, but I still love him.  He's falling but I hope that he can catch himself.  And the money thing's a little unclear to me.  If Logan bought it, they technically can't go after Mitchum (Logan's 25 and out of school so Mitch can't claim him as a dependent).  I think there's more to the story but Logan's so worked up that we didn't get all of it.

Oh, and I also liked Liz's little speech to Luke about their dad being stuck.  She's a little weird but she can be pretty darn insightful.
dejm1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 07:17:02 pm »

I think it just goes to show how immature Logan really is that he would run off with Colin and Finn after all that's happened - and that is exactly what Mitchum was thanking Rory for, for helping him settle down and focus - now he's just running off and acting like a spoiled kid again.  A typical Gilmore Girls male.   rory should just dump him - he's showing his true colors.  Just as Rory is ready to bloom, he's at the bottom.

I highly doubt the company is going to go bust over Logan's little deal unless there is something I don't know.  Plus I thought it was something he was doing on his own and that his father didn't even know about it - that he was going to read about in the Wall Street Journal.

Luke was perfect with Lorelai - it's on a low simmer and I like it - though I'm not sure why he wanted to go to Dinseyland - is it because he missed his daughter's childhood and wanted to do it over again?  Seems like the theme of the episode in a way...
LovesToRead
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 07:21:45 pm »

Yes, he's not reacting very well but can you really blame him?  He just lost millions of dollars.  Granted, running to Vegas with Colin and Finn probably isn't the best way to deal with it but he's not perfect.  He's flawed (yes, I'll admit it.  In fact it's one of the reasons that I like him) and he's having a hard time.  When you love someone, you don't leave just because they're having a hard time.  I mean, if Logan had left Rory after she dropped out of school, when she needed him most, everyone would have said he was a jerk.  He's been there for her when she needed him and she's there for him.  Sounds like a pretty good relationship to me (even if they are going through a hard time).
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 07:23:18 pm »

It felt to me like I was watching Gilmore Girls the way I used to. I found this episode to be my favorite of this season so far. Here's what I liked...

1. Lorelai's part in reconciling Lane with Mrs. Kim. Lorelai and Mrs. Kim going back and forth was hysterical especially the expressions on Lorelai's face.
2. Lorelai saying; "God knows how much my mother and I fought" and then Mrs. Kim adding: "Yes, God DOES know," and then Lorelai gives this priceless look. Then later when Lorelai fails to know about Joseph from the bible because she only knows Joesph from the Technicolor Dream Coat broadway play   Cheesy
3. Kirk a-hoy! Plenty of Kirk-goodness here! I espcially like him calling his newly acquired boat SS Kirlue  Cheesy
4. When April mentioned that thing about having to write a story about a person you know and turning them into a super hero and that she decided to use Kirk.   I hope that's BEFORE the boat accident  
5. Lorelai and Rory's teaser was interesting especially with the first pancake thing which I still don't get but I love pancakes and I found that funny so there  
6. Lane's trip around Stars Hollow in the bed was definately GG, great idea. Cheesy
7. Lane's baby shower was awesome! I love the Onesis drawing thing that is a very cool thing it looks like fun. I loved seeing Babbette, Miss Patty and Gypsy sitting together. Wink
8. Zach comparing him and Lane in the bed like John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Perfect reference there Cheesy
9. When Sookie and Jackson were arguing about all the gifts Sookie gave to Lane and then Sookie points to her stomach and asks: "Oh yeah, well who was it that gave this to me!" (somewhere along that line)
10. Luke and Liz's talk about Luke's father because I thought it was long over-due that they had a big discussion on it.
11. I never thought I would be relieved to see the old Logan start to creep out again. I just hope that's the extent of it I don't want him to be a jerk like he used to.
12. Rory's thing about waiting for the bald guy I think was cute
13. Luke did something really unexpected and as much as I hated what he DID, I give him credit for doing something spontaneous.
14. I was HOPING that Lorelai would run into Luke and talk with him about the boat situation and I was so glad to see it. I liked the little talk about Rory being little, how Luke is working to change and the way Lorelai stood there after Luke left with this far away look.  Hearts
15. Luke acted the way he used when what Liz said got to him. The jittery thing, doubting himself, talking to April in code with some weird hope that she would get what he was saying and act on it, and etc. It reminded me of when he bought the Twickham House and Lorelai brought up Mike Armstrong and Luke asked: "What about the kids?" then not too soon later he demanded to Taylor to rip his contract up to buy the housed. Or like when his uncle Louie died and everyone compared him to Louie, then he acted like a grump until finally he confessed to Lorelai about it and she had to reassure him it wasn't true.

Things I didn't like
1. There was a strand of Lauren's hair that strayed from the others and fell down to her eyes. I was hoping she'd brush it back or something but instead they used camera tricks and poof it was gone. Come on, couldn't they have spotted that stray hair and reshoot the scene? It looked very sloppy.
2. No Emily and Richard
3. LUKE SELLING HIS BOAT!!!!  Angry That was more than just his father's boat it was a connectiong between Lorelai and Luke! Lorelai bought that boat for him because she knew it meant so much to him!!!!! Cry Then he went off and replaced that boat with a newly bought one! The only good things that came from it I already mentioned above.
4. Rory's speech about Lane and Zach was lacking substance. I thought it could've had more and could've been better, not to mention Alexis seemed a little off on acting there. Sorry folks, that's what I think.
5. I couldn't hear what Rory was saying and she mumbled too fast.... Alexis was a little off in this episode  
6. We didn't get to actually see Colin and Finn!!! I love those two idiots! Are we EVER going to SEE them?   Cool

All in all I give this episode an A for effort and a B+ for follow-through.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:32:39 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
LovesToRead
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 07:27:02 pm »

6. We didn't get to actually see Colin and Finn!!! I love those two idiots! Are we EVER going to SEE them?   Cool

I know!  Finn has had some of the best lines ever.  I would have loved it if they brought him back if only to get to hear is obnoxious yet strangely hilarious comments.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: