GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 07, 2021, 07:05:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 463
  Print  
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 3183689 times)
singerchick
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: April 01, 2007, 08:19:08 am »

i love that idea!!!!! Cheesy
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 01, 2007, 08:34:57 am »

Thanks, Jennifer 11334
I just added my signature at that website. I hope more fans will try to contribute their ideas for story lines.
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 01, 2007, 08:42:25 am »

And I'm loving that we are famous! I'm considering sending an article to the newspaper where I live, I know a lot of people here love Gilmore Girls and would love to help out! So I'm gonna try that and see if it helps!
Lauren*

hey that's a great idea i think i might try it if i find a way!

Hey everybody! I just wrote a letter to Access Hollywood to get some media attention. I hope they will do a story and stalk, lol, the CW people for info, and so they understand WE WNAT GILMORE GRLS SEAOSN *. Here is the leter:

EDIT: I ALSO JUST SENT A SIMILAR ETTER TO GLOBAL TV WHO ALSO AIRES GG

Dear Access Hollywood,

I'm sure you have heard of the GREAT8MANDATE by GilmoreGirls.org Gilmore Grls.org is a fan base of people talking on a forum about Gilmore Girls and our life with/without Gilmore Girls. I think their is a huge story behind the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and you could do it on one of your shows. Many fans of Gilmoe Girls want another season, so season 8, however, all we can do is send endless letters to CW TV, their associates, and people who could possibly point us in the helpful direction. It cam to be recently we need the media involved, then CW and WB would understand what a HUGE impact cancelling the show would be on viewer. Thank you for your time! You may contact me by email at: [email protected] I am user aryan2003 on GilmoreGirls.org/forum. Thankyou for helping us get one step closer towards our goal of Gilmore Girls Season 8!

I dont care if their are typos, my hand are sore from voting, and my brain is sore of thinking. Im gonna go do some relaxation stuff.
Au Revoir.. KEEP GOING! WE CAN DO IT!!

wow good job that is some major dedication. *bows down*

how did you contact access hollywood, by the way? i want to write them a letter too! i think we should all write letters to shows like that so we can get some media attention. that would be soooo exciting!

I simply went to televison talk shows, etc. and went to teh contact us link at the very bottom of the site. Hope it helps!

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1788 on: April 01, 2007, 08:47:33 am »

For those who have sent an email to Ellen, are you just going to the Email Ellen on her webpage?

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 01, 2007, 08:49:03 am »

Wow guys! I was gone for half a day and ya added 5 pages!!! Smiley Keep up the voting! I feel in my heart that we are making a difference!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: April 01, 2007, 09:21:21 am »

I've been lazy lately. So today, since I am sick, I am going to get a bunch of letters ready, print out some signs, print out some pins, and try and talk my parents into letting me post my picture on here. Wish me luck. And remember: DO NOT GIVE UP. THIS IS POSSIBLE AND WE CAN DO IT.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 01, 2007, 09:37:07 am »

While I am a staunch supporter of having a season 8 and I agree with the buttons and banners and the letters, may I suggest one other idea that may help the creation of an 8th season?

I am sure many people out there want to see the show continue, but, remember, the original writers have left the building. With that in mind, imagine the burden on the person that is hired to continue writing the new shows.

Wouldn't it be a helpful thing if the fans started submitting some ideas to help out the writer, who must be feeling overwhelmed by the idea of continuing the Gilmore Girls story? It just so happens I have a thread, "Ideas for shows you wanted to see".

I'm not saying that submitting ideas for the show is the absolute answer but, hey, it couldn't hurt, could it?

Should I have posted this on a different thread?

well that is actually kind of what we're doing in our letters. we're sayin things that like we want to see next season which is why we don't want it to end in the first place. but i think that you are talking about writing the letters to the writers imparticular. am i right? well yea that is actually a good idea, because it will give the writers an idea of what we want to see, not just that we want an 8th season.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 01, 2007, 10:16:04 am »

Hi, Lauren Is My Idol
You are right. I was trying to drum up ideas for the show. But, since I didn't have any direct link to the writers themselves, I opted to start a thread right here in General Discussion called " Ideas for shows you wanted to see". If we could get the writer(s) to read what people are posting, it might be a tad easier than trying to slam a bunch of ideas directly into their emails.
I really like the enthusiasm I see on this site. You guys are great and your dedication is unquestionable.
Keep up the great work.
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 01, 2007, 10:17:28 am »

Good Morning Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who is voting/sending in pictures/letters/etc.!  We have made a huge impact allready and hopefully more of one to come! 
I few days ago I posted about a myspace group, and here is the link, if you have a myspace, please join!! 

groups.myspace.com/great8mandate

thanks!!

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 01, 2007, 10:24:18 am »

While I am a staunch supporter of having a season 8 and I agree with the buttons and banners and the letters, may I suggest one other idea that may help the creation of an 8th season?

I am sure many people out there want to see the show continue, but, remember, the original writers have left the building. With that in mind, imagine the burden on the person that is hired to continue writing the new shows.

Wouldn't it be a helpful thing if the fans started submitting some ideas to help out the writer, who must be feeling overwhelmed by the idea of continuing the Gilmore Girls story? It just so happens I have a thread, "Ideas for shows you wanted to see".

I'm not saying that submitting ideas for the show is the absolute answer but, hey, it couldn't hurt, could it?

Should I have posted this on a different thread?

Well even though I think this is a brilliant idea and I would love to submit ideas as well, I actually don't think they would be able to do anything with what we write them. I know someone who met one of the writers and asked her to read one of her fanfictions and she told her that she wasn't aloud since it would go against copyright infringment.

I'm guessing the same thing would apply here, even if we give them permission to use our ideas, they would still have to credit the person that gave the idea and I doubt they would wanna do that.

I could be wrong.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1795 on: April 01, 2007, 10:55:43 am »

Good Evening, Morning (or whatever time it is where you live lol),

I just found this video which shows an interview with Liza Weil. She was also asked about how she feels about a new season and further projects. Seems like she doesn't know if the show's going on either (no big surprise) .. well however, I thought maybe some of you would like to watch the video ..
http://cw11.trb.com/entertainment/network/gilmoregirls/stv-gilmoregirls-pkgmedia,0,6458734.special

.. I hope the link wasn't posted here before..

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:22 am »

lol I cantually watched those interviews yesterday! there's one with Edward Hermann (sp?) too. Edward said that he would like to come back if they asked him too. Liza said that she has been auditioning for some other things just in case.

Java Junkie Pleased
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 01, 2007, 12:13:40 pm »

Hey everyone! Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with the Great8Mandate. I'm kinda new to the forum, and I was wondering how you earn community points. If someone could clue me in that would be great.
Thanks

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1798 on: April 01, 2007, 12:21:46 pm »

Until today I didn't know that either  Embarrassed

but how I understand, you receive a community point, everytime a user hits the button pretty stick. You can hit this button as soon as you have posted 100times. You may use this pretty stick for helpful postings, pictures, and so on.

But you can also lose points if you write posts which are against the rules of the board.
You can read about this topic in the Community center, or you type community points / karma in the search field.

I hope I explained right, if not, please correct me  Wink

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:24:17 pm by divine » Logged

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 01, 2007, 12:23:54 pm »

you earn community points when someone prettysticks you, and you lose points when you get snarked. you can only prettystick/snark someone when you have reached 100 posts. any other questions you may have, you can ask them here:
http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6943.0

Java Junkie Pleased
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 463
  Print  

Jump to: