GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 06:07:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 463
  Print  
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 3176462 times)
nicquii_AU
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2007, 03:09:05 am »

I am more than happy to help out here where i can ...what can i do?? what can i do? How what where?? how can i help get season 8 up and running? i havent seen season 7 yet, being in australia the networks are very slow but thank god i do own season 1-6 on dvd!!... bring season 7 to OZ.. maybe we could get some letter writing to the networks out here say channel 9 or ten or foxtel.. the more promotion the better!!... though it is on arena tv - www.arenatv.com.au
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2007, 05:20:12 am »

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share with you my try of "Viennese Stationary" (personal letter comes on reverse page) - please feel free to commend (keeping in mind that I'm "old" and not sooo good with computers...  Wink )

..... BUT I can't find the button to "browse" so I can't attach my file! HELP!!! (I already read the help-topic "attachment" but it's not really helping...)

I did tell you I'm not so good with computers, didn't I???  Huh

SORRY!

Billie

LoreleiG-fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2007, 05:52:59 am »

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to apologize for any writing errors you probably find in my posts, but my mother language is Dutch, because i'm from Belgium.
I know this forum since a long time, but now I really wanted to say something.
I really love what you are doing to keep the show alive. Here in Belgium, season 5 has just begun on television, but we can buy all seasons (untill season 6) on DVD. I'm addicted! I received season 6 begin january, and a week later, I saw all episodes!
I'm really looking forward to season 7. It would be very tragic if that's the last season!
I support you in this, and I've already signed the petition!

Keep up the good work,

Kiss Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:30:45 am by LoreleiG-fan » Logged
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2007, 08:36:10 am »

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share with you my try of "Viennese Stationary" (personal letter comes on reverse page) - please feel free to commend (keeping in mind that I'm "old" and not sooo good with computers...  Wink )

..... BUT I can't find the button to "browse" so I can't attach my file! HELP!!! (I already read the help-topic "attachment" but it's not really helping...)

I did tell you I'm not so good with computers, didn't I???  Huh

SORRY!

Hi Billie,

If you want to e-mail it to me, I'd be happy to post it.  Thanks!

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 08:38:26 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2007, 11:34:54 am »

I wrote a letter and I plan on sending it to someone at the CW!! Pleased

LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:38 am »

Loving all the work that is going into this Great8Mandate.

A thought... It seems that Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel will be the real deciding factor for a season 8. It's up to them to sign the contracts and if they don't sign, it won't matter if Peter Roth, Dawn Ostroff, or Les Moonves himself wants a season 8. So what about doing something to give AB and LG incentive to sign for another season? Nothing stalkery of course, but maybe a demonstration to show how much the fans appreciate them and would appreciate them if they came back for one more season? Veronica Mars fans flew an airplane over Dawn's office, Everwood fans placed a ferris wheel outside her office window. What if there was something done similar to that, but for LG/AB so that they can visually get the idea of how much fans want them to stay on for one more season? Does that make sense? Since it's more up to them and not just up to the network wanting the show back...
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2007, 12:00:29 pm »

LolaV-I LOVE THAT IDEA! AB is the main deciding factor at the point, or so I've heard. We should do something that takes ideas from the GG life and apply it to something big. (Make the worlds biggest pizza with Great8Mandate in pepperoni? Idk if we are up to that though. Maybe just take ideas from the show like that. Something that the actors could both relate to)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2007, 12:04:09 pm »

Well, this might not be as big as a ferris wheel, airplane or giant pizza but I sent AB and LG a pack of m&ms (along w/ a letter) and personalized them (you can put your own text on them), they say "Season 8 please" and "great8mandate" on them.

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:11 pm »

KAMAKAZEDEER THAT IS AMAZING!

I'm off to find something cool to do like that...

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2007, 12:14:25 pm »

I was thinking something like a billboard located on the street(s) near the studio in Burbank. Place the ad with the Great8Mandate logo along with a note to LG and AB. Since it seems to be a popular quote here lately "Please Luke...please, please please!" but change it to read "Please LG and AB.. please, please, please!" Or we could find another quote that has something to do about signing on the dotted line etc.

I've been looking at pricing and what not. It'd have to be a campaign and we'd obviously have to raise funds and raise them fast. I'm not sure what others think though.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2007, 12:55:06 pm »

I was thinking something like a billboard located on the street(s) near the studio in Burbank. Place the ad with the Great8Mandate logo along with a note to LG and AB. Since it seems to be a popular quote here lately "Please Luke...please, please please!" but change it to read "Please LG and AB.. please, please, please!" Or we could find another quote that has something to do about signing on the dotted line etc.

I've been looking at pricing and what not. It'd have to be a campaign and we'd obviously have to raise funds and raise them fast. I'm not sure what others think though.

I'd be interested to know the pricing.  If a billboard is out of our price range, maybe an ad in Variety or the Hollywood Reporter?  Just throwing ideas out there.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2007, 01:19:05 pm »

I'd be interested to know the pricing.  If a billboard is out of our price range, maybe an ad in Variety or the Hollywood Reporter?  Just throwing ideas out there.

~Heidi

That would be awesome! Even if we could only afford to have it up for a few days (if they do that?) it would still be great. What about singing telegrams? You'd have to have an inside connection to know when certain peeps are going to be around and then be able to get it to them. Even more affordable, how about home videos? Short clips done creatively and sent to the executives and AB and LG. How about dressing up like the characters and then reinacting a popular scene but changing it slightly to mention the need for season 8 and the Great8Mandate?

It could be fun and if done right, may, just may get someone's attention!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:24:48 pm by ckiddings » Logged

LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2007, 01:19:46 pm »

What would we consider out of range. There are different types of billboards. This is the company (http://billboardsource.com/products.php) I'm currently looking at.  The link goes to their different type of products. I emailed them to get a quote on the Billboard Bulletin, but we can always do something else.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:20:47 pm by LolaV » Logged
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2007, 01:31:53 pm »

Well, this might not be as big as a ferris wheel, airplane or giant pizza but I sent AB and LG a pack of m&ms (along w/ a letter) and personalized them (you can put your own text on them), they say "Season 8 please" and "great8mandate" on them.

Everyone is so creative! What a cool idea!  Cool That might be something we can do that isn't very expensive. Do you know How long does it take to get them sent?

GilmoreGuruGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

HIYA! COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2007, 02:01:40 pm »

Omg I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GILMORE GIRLS IS MY LIFE! Haha. Well not all my life. But certenly (sp?) A LOT of it!!!!!! Coffee is another part of it. I am kinda a funny person. Trying to make anything into a joke. I am a Lorelei clone. lol. On the shoutbox, you might see me, I'm Lorelei Clone. That's ME ALRIGHT!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 463
  Print  

Jump to: