GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 02, 2021, 10:34:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 463
  Print  
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 3175207 times)
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2007, 11:21:40 am »

I watched last weeks episode of the Gilmore Girls and I have to say that was my last time
 To watch Gilmores. If Rosenthal has to kill Michele's dog for a storyline?...then I quit watching.
This show has officially gone to the DOGS.

Don't mean to be rude but did you miss the polite reminder on here about not posting spoilers?

That wasn't a spoiler, it had already happened.

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2007, 11:41:34 am »

Here is a copy of the letter I just sent to Michael Ausiello from the TV Guide.

Dear Mr. Ausiello,

I am writing this letter on behalf of Gilmore Girls fans everywhere and also on behalf of www.Gilmoregirls.org . We have heard the rumor of Gilmore Girls possible coming to an end after Season 7 and we cannot let that happen.

I have been watching Gilmore Girls since it first came on and I have been with these wonderful characters through everything. I was there when Max, Jason, Luke, and Chris were in the picture. I was with Rory when Dean, Jess, and now Logan have captured her heart. I have attended countless Friday Night Dinners and I have been to a number of Stars Hollowís crazy events. I was there when Taylor opened his Soda Shoppe, when Kirk had one of his twelve hundred jobs. Iíve been with these girls through everything and the thought of not having that excitement and anticipation of waiting for Tuesday to come around would crush me and so many viewers.

I realize that you have no control over whether the show returns for a glorious Eighth Season or not. But I do know you have connections. Iím not asking for a tour of the set or anything ridiculous. Iím just asking if youíd be kind enough to mention to someone from the CW, when you see them, that the Gilmore Girls Fans are pining for an Eighth Season. After all thatís happened we feel that everything that needs to be tied up would finished better if we had the time of another season to do it. We need to find out who Rory belongs with, (I, myself, am a Logan fan. But to each itís own.) And we need to make sure that Luke and Lorelai end up together the right way.  So please, Mr. Ausiello, help us save our beloved Gilmore Girls.

Thank you for your time.
                  Sincerely,
                  Lauren Thomas
                  LGLDandRGLH4evr
                  www.GilmoreGirls.org

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2007, 02:29:27 pm »

Hey Everyone!
I am having some trouble, okay a LOT of trouble writing this letter. I want, NEED to write it. It is killing me! Can anyone help me get a start? Or can you post your letters so I can feed off of them? Thank you so much!!
~Sarah

Here is a copy of the first emails/letters I mailed. I did change each of them a little to make them more appropriate, depending on who I was sending them too. Hopefully this will help you get started.† Cheesy

Below is what I have posted onto myspace as well as sent out in emails to friends and fellow Gilmore Girl fans. I borrowed pieces from different posts from all of you, consolidating important points in the hopes of making it easy for people to copy and pass along.

HELP SAVE THE GIRLS
CW is considering canceling the Girlmore Girls after this season (Season 7). If you have enjoyed watching Gilrmore Girls and would like them to be around for at least one more season, if not more, join us in the GREAT8MANDATE!

Please copy the letter below and e-mail it to the CW & TV executives also listed below. Be sure to follow up with a printed version that you mail in the snail mail. The more mail they receive the better. The next few days are the iimperative! Please Feel Free to add the graphics to your correspondence as well.

It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers. GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day. If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate , it would be considered a success.
Let's Get Busy and SAVE THE GIRLS!!!!!

Copy the letter and graphics below. Email, print and mail to the addresses listed! Don't delay, do it today! Your letter can make the difference!

Dear (Insert Name:)
I am one of the many Gilmore Girls Fans and also a member of www.GilmoreGirls.org
Sadly though, I come to the point of my letter which is to say that I have heard talk that season seven may be the last we see of the Girls.

I hope that this isnít true and that we will at least get to see the Gilmore Girls continue on for another season to help us see their and all of the town folk's stories come full circle.

Gilmoregirls.org is a fantastic site that so many people just like me get together to discuss all things Gilmore. We discuss each episode, our feelings about characters, as well as everything in between.

Currently a large part of our conversations cover the hopes of a season 8. To that end, we have created the Great 8 Mandate!

Our hope is that by contacting you, we may be able to show you how many love the show and that we are equally determined to see another season of our favorite characters, in our favorite little corner of the world.

So we ask that you let the Girls continue. Let them make us smile, laugh, cry and even some times yell hysterically at the TV. Let us follow there ups and downs, if only for one more season to give all the cast, characters, and story lines enough time to have the fantastic ending this wonderful show derseves.

Sincerely,
(Insert Your Name Here)

Contacts at The CW

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
3300 West Olive Ave.
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Other important contacts include:

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Kristine Glockler
Coordinator
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide: [email protected]

Kristin Veitch from E! Online: [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com: [email protected]<br><br>

Here are some Great8Mandate graphics you can add to your correspondence!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:31:09 pm by ckiddings » Logged

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »

I want to thank and pretty stick everyone who posted their letters.
I am going to start mine tomorrow, because I am off to go see Hanibal Rising. WOO!

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2007, 03:35:04 pm »

Hi friends,

GilmoreGirls.org has just made it a little easier to participate in The Great8Mandate

Great8Mandate Stationary: Use this if you'd like to include the Great8Mandate logo in the background of your letter.  Feel free to customize things as you see fit.

Great8Mandate Flyer:  If writing isn't your thing or if you're someone who's extremely busy, simply print this out and mail it to one of the addresses below.  It still gets the point across.

Remember, one piece of snail mail equals the views and opinions of 100 people.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
3300 West Olive Ave.
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Kristine Glockler
Coordinator
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

~Heidi

P.S. - Special thanks to Melissa for taking the time to create the stationary.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 03:42:55 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:37 pm »

The stationary and Flyer are both awesome!!! Great Job. Thanks so much.  High Five

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »

I'm thinking about physically sending Michael Ausiello of TV Guide some Diet Raspberry Snapple in hopes of getting his attention and hopefully promoting The Great8Mandate as a result.  (For those that aren't regular readers of his column, he's a big Snapple, Smurfs, and USC fan.)

Thoughts?

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2007, 08:00:25 pm »

I found this site: http://www.snapple.com/beststuffshop/index.html that I think has a few things that might be good for getting his attention. Whatcha think?

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2007, 08:05:31 pm »

I found this site: http://www.snapple.com/beststuffshop/index.html that I think has a few things that might be good for getting his attention. Whatcha think?

His favorite is supposedly Diet Raspberry Snapple.  It's cheap enough to buy, but shipping a 12-pack or a case is insane.  Can anyone find any deals?  Amazon wants to charge about $30 for shipping on a 12-pack and I found another place that sold a case, but wanted to charge over $100 for shipping.  That's madness; I can fly from LAX to PHL for $280.   

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2007, 08:09:06 pm »

Does Snapple have the single dry powder packets for your water bottles? I will see what I can come up with.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2007, 08:17:32 pm »

Does Snapple have the single dry powder packets for your water bottles? I will see what I can come up with.

According to USPS.com, it would cost $28.00 to mail a 12-pack (which is 20 lbs.) from me (in So. CA) to Michael (in NY).   Undecided

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2007, 04:21:20 am »

Heidi, I live in New York. It might be cheaper for me to do it. Perhaps you could just send me via email/snail mail whatever you wanted me to send him for the writing part, and then I could run out and by some Snapple (the powder packs if they have them...) and send it under your name? Let me know. Where exactly in New York does he live? I'm in upstate New York, just south of Albany. But the city shouldn't be too far away for mail.
Or we could all send like $2 to Heidi, or however much we figure out shipping/buying the Snapple is?
I don't know if you all want to do this but I figured I might as well through it out there that I will do anything for an 8th season.
 Hearts Sarah
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 04:24:28 am by Fantasy » Logged

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
gilmoregirllvr4eva
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 4

My Doggie Ginger!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2007, 06:36:16 am »

Thats sad...i'm sorry it does not work....maybe you will see it soon.

My Siggy Was Made By LukesGirl....She Is A Wonderful Siggy Maker....So If You Want A Siggy Made Ask Her...Thank You LukesGirl
GG602
Stars Hollow High Student

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2007, 10:40:30 am »

Heidi, I live in New York. It might be cheaper for me to do it. Perhaps you could just send me via email/snail mail whatever you wanted me to send him for the writing part, and then I could run out and by some Snapple (the powder packs if they have them...) and send it under your name? Let me know. Where exactly in New York does he live? I'm in upstate New York, just south of Albany. But the city shouldn't be too far away for mail.
Or we could all send like $2 to Heidi, or however much we figure out shipping/buying the Snapple is?
I don't know if you all want to do this but I figured I might as well through it out there that I will do anything for an 8th season.
 Hearts Sarah

† † †Hey, I live in New York City.† I can help with the delivery of Snapple cases.  In fact, if anyone knows at least where his building is, I will personally bring it to his door.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:42:20 am by GG602 » Logged

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2007, 11:20:59 am »

Hey Heidi,
neither the stationary nor the flyer worked for me. When I clicked on them to bring it up, the flyer opened in a word document and then said that the graphics couldn't be brought up. And th Stationary, well that just kindof opened a window (I couldn't even tell what kind). I couldn't ex out of it, but it was slowing down my computer so I had to close it with the 'ctrl-alt-delet' thing..
I think it's just my computer, but I was TOLD to mention it.
-Angela

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 463
  Print  

Jump to: