GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 01:31:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 463
  Print  
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 3481770 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2007, 12:58:54 pm »

Hey, I live in New York City.  I can help with the delivery of Snapple cases.  In fact, if anyone knows at least where his building is, I will personally bring it to his door.

Hi GG602,

According to what I'm sure is a work address, his building is on Avenue of the Americas.  Is that near you? Smiley

Hey Heidi,
neither the stationary nor the flyer worked for me. When I clicked on them to bring it up, the flyer opened in a word document and then said that the graphics couldn't be brought up. And th Stationary, well that just kindof opened a window (I couldn't even tell what kind). I couldn't ex out of it, but it was slowing down my computer so I had to close it with the 'ctrl-alt-delet' thing..
I think it's just my computer, but I was TOLD to mention it.
-Angela

Hi Angela,

I don't know what to tell you.  I've tried opening the files on three different computers and none gave me any trouble.  Is anyone else having issues?  What version of Word do you have?

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:00:29 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2007, 01:26:28 pm »

only time i couldn't open them was when I was on a mac computer.

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2007, 01:39:17 pm »

Maybe that's my problem. My Word has been very touchy lately so it opened in.. Wordpad or something. I'll try opening them later downstairs on my mom's computer.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
jewgilmoregirl01
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

I will miss them all!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2007, 01:54:15 pm »

The first time I tried to open the stationary it gave me trouble. Then I closed it and tried it again. The second time it worked fine, but it did take a while to close. It looks great. I can't wait to use it! Thanks Heidi

Jenn
Summmmmmer '08!
LukeLoganLuver*8
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

xoxo 2 bway & GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2007, 02:43:32 pm »

Dubbed the Great8Mandate, GilmoreGirls.org wants to ensure another season of our favorite show, and by pooling our collective resources ... together, we can make it happen.  This thread will act has Great8Mandate headquarters for information on how fans can support and help promote season 8 of Gilmore Girls. 

For the next few weeks I'll be compiling a list of both snail mail and e-mail addresses for important contacts ('big wigs' at The CW, entertainment magazines, newspaper television critics, etc.)  It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers.  GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day.  If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate, it would be considered a success.

Great8Mandate Stationary: Use this if you'd like to include the Great8Mandate logo in the background of your letter.  Feel free to customize things as you see fit.

Great8Mandate Flyer:  If writing isn't your thing or if you're someone who's extremely busy, simply print this out and mail it to one of the addresses below.  It still gets the point across.

Contacts at The CW

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
3300 West Olive Ave.
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Other important contacts include:

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Kristine Glockler
Coordinator
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide:  [email protected]     

Kristin Veitch from E! Online:  [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com:  [email protected]

I would very much appreciate any help I could get for the Great8Mandate.  If there are a few Gilmore fans who want season 8 as much as I do and have a little bit of free time on their hands, please let me know.  No experience is required, just basic Internet skills and a love for the show.  (Additionally, if anyone knows reliable snail mail or e-mail address for media contacts, please post them here.)             

Thank you!

~Heidi

P.S. - Please feel free to use any of the images below (or make your own) and link them back to this thread (use them in forums, on MySpace, your personal site, wherever you see fit).

Gilmore Girls=life! i will do anything in my power to keep it going! <3s to the great mandate! xoxo

I Luv Broadway! I Luv Gilmore Girls! But most of all...I LUV BROADWAY AND GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!

"What about instead of 'La Boheme' we took our inspiration from 'RENT'? East Village! 1985! Rickety tables! Chipped glassware!" haha, Lorelai! =]=]=]=]

xoxo
EB
Lindsay
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2007, 05:06:17 pm »

I just e-mailed Kristen from E-online:

Dear Kristen,

I am writing on the behalf of the website www.gilmoregirls.org.
We have heard rumors that this could be the last season of Gilmore Girls and we are all hoping this isn't true.

Gilmoregirls.org is a fantastic site that so many people just like me get together to discuss all things Gilmore. We discuss each episode, our feelings about characters, as well as everything in between.
Currently a large part of our conversations cover the hopes of a season 8. To that end, we have created the Great 8 Mandate!

Our hope is that by contacting you, we may be able to show you how many love the show and that we are equally determined to see another season of our favorite characters, in our favorite little corner of the world. So please please pass the word on of The Great 8 Mandate!

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,
Lindsay

I've got my fingers crossed! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:46:04 am by Lindsay » Logged

Forever FFF #5

Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2007, 06:31:35 pm »

only time i couldn't open them was when I was on a mac computer.
Strange, since I composed the stationary on a mac!  Please PM me if you're having any more troubles with the stationary, I can always email it to you!

Oh and Lindsay just for safety, I'd take your last name off of the letter you posted here, just to be careful![/color]

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2007, 07:13:49 pm »

Hey, I live in New York City.  I can help with the delivery of Snapple cases.  In fact, if anyone knows at least where his building is, I will personally bring it to his door.

Weee! Even better!!
Hopefully we get our name (The gilmoregirls.org Great8Mandate) out their.

Mandate brings me back to an episode we had earlier in the season..damn those aerie girls. (though I did get some really cute things from there...:-P)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
GG602
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »

Hi GG602,

According to what I'm sure is a work address, his building is on Avenue of the Americas.  Is that near you? Smiley

~Heidi

It is close, and either way, anywhere is NYC is close enough.  I am not sure exactly what you guys want to do, but if someone can put a plan in action, I can follow through here.  I assume you want to just send him the Snapple and some letters, right?

One more thing, while I have no objection to walking in the building and leaving the package at the door of his office, many (if not most or all) of the buildings in NYC (and I am sure other cities) have certain security measures, where guests of the building have to be checked in by the office they are going, or at least confiremd by a telephone call.  I can research it, but I would need to know beforehand if someone off the street can be signed into this building to deliver soemthing.   If not, it would at least be cheaper for me to get it delivered than someone from out of state or city.

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2007, 07:45:53 pm »

Hi GG602,

~Heidi

It is close, and either way, anywhere is NYC is close enough.  I am not sure exactly what you guys want to do, but if someone can put a plan in action, I can follow through here.  I assume you want to just send him the Snapple and some letters, right?

One more thing, while I have no objection to walking in the building and leaving the package at the door of his office, many (if not most or all) of the buildings in NYC (and I am sure other cities) have certain security measures, where guests of the building have to be checked in by the office they are going, or at least confiremd by a telephone call.  I can research it, but I would need to know beforehand if someone off the street can be signed into this building to deliver soemthing.   If not, it would at least be cheaper for me to get it delivered than someone from out of state or city.

I'll definitely do some research as well.

I'd be perfectly happy if you could just drop off the Snapple at the front desk/reception.  If that's not possible, I could PayPal you money for the Snapple and shipping costs ... and you could mail everything (if that's alright with you, of course).  I think it's about $25.00 cheaper for you to mail things and for me to do it ... so it's pretty much worth it.

I'll be in touch soon.  Thank you.  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
GG602
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2007, 08:34:34 pm »

I don't know if he will respond, but I sent Ausiello an e-mail that firstly, mentions the Great 8 Mandate and what it is, and also asking for a mailing address to which I may personally deliver some correspondence and incentive.  I am sure others have e-mailed him about season 8, but I just did it again anyway, to keep the information about the great 8 mandate flowing to his inbox. 

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:32 pm »

I don't know if he will respond, but I sent Ausiello an e-mail that firstly, mentions the Great 8 Mandate and what it is, and also asking for a mailing address to which I may personally deliver some correspondence and incentive.  I am sure others have e-mailed him about season 8, but I just did it again anyway, to keep the information about the great 8 mandate flowing to his inbox. 

Excellent.  Thank you.

Keep us in the loop if you hear anything.  Good luck to us!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
yensid85
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2007, 11:51:45 pm »

Hi, I'm a big GG fan and I decided to sign up for an account here just so I could help out with the Great 8 Mandate. I've been spreading the word about it on another GG forum.  I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has been talked about. Do you think it would help to send letters to Lauren, Alexis, and Scott telling them how much we love the show and would love an eighth season?

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2007, 11:56:31 pm »

Hi, I'm a big GG fan and I decided to sign up for an account here just so I could help out with the Great 8 Mandate. I've been spreading the word about it on another GG forum.  I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has been talked about. Do you think it would help to send letters to Lauren, Alexis, and Scott telling them how much we love the show and would love an eighth season?

I definitely think that would help.  The more the merrier. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
laura_7561
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2007, 06:30:39 am »

Hey Heidi,
I would love to help with the great 8 mandate.  I can help wite,e-mail or even stuff envelopes.  Just let me know what I can do.  I have a ton of free time.
Thanks!
Laura

WE NEED SEASON 8!!!  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 463
  Print  

Jump to: