GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 11:59:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 5.15 - Jews and Chinese Food  (Read 43353 times)
Nat
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 11:55:41 pm »

I love when Kirk is sitting with the kids and they're asked if they need to use the bathroom and he raises his hand.. very Kirk. Oh and the whole lesbian mother thing is hilarious aswell.

The27thGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 33

Mick Jagger! Where is that dratted bell?!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 12:19:26 pm »

I love when Kirk is sitting with the kids and they're asked if they need to use the bathroom and he raises his hand.. very Kirk. Oh and the whole lesbian mother thing is hilarious aswell.
I love those parts!
Actually, I have to say this is one of my tops. When I got the Fifth season a couple weeks ago, I was all excited because I could watch the "Fiddler On The Roof episode!"

Fingers crossed for the Gilmore movie!!
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 04:58:17 pm »

Good episode...Luke and Lorelai so want to be with each other.

But the Logan stuff, yuck. I don't like him, and I felt so bad for Marty when Rory rejected him. 

I was watching it with my friend, it was her first (ever) episode of Gilmore Girls...needless to say I got her hooked.  I feel so proud.  She loved the little boy and his comments...which was funny.

And Kirk was great in this one!   

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 06:19:20 am »

Poor Marty.  Rory is repeating the pattern, dropping the nice guy that would really be good to her for the a**hole.  Luke and Lorelai were killing me at the theater I was yelling at at the TV, "you love each other, enough already." 

Kirk Cheesy What can you say.  Sean Gunn is a genius.  The little girl that played Golda was really good too.
gilmoreatheart
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2007, 09:51:06 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can anyone help me? i'm sick so i'm watching my favorite episodes of gilmore girls (of course) but i can't find luke and lorili's first date! i don't even know the season let alone the episode!  Angry
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 07:41:56 pm »

i dont really see rory and marty as a relationship
maybe a couple dates but thats it
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 09:25:48 am »

plus marty is sweet but he's a great friend
and rory just isnt his type
ttyl
tranquilsquall
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 05:42:33 am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can anyone help me? i'm sick so i'm watching my favorite episodes of gilmore girls (of course) but i can't find luke and lorili's first date! i don't even know the season let alone the episode!  Angry

I can't give a concrete answer but I remember the season finale of season 4 is when rory loses her virginity to dean which is the weekend lorelai is hosting that trial run at the inn for people from stars hollow... and jason (who has only very recently broken up with lorelai) shows up and so does luke, and it's already obvious luke likes her at this point, but i'm pretty sure they hadn't dated yet. so i want to say i'm pretty sure their first date is in season 5. and very early in season 5 because i remember a double date with lorelai/luke & rory/dean pretty early in this season.

Okay I cheated, I have Season 4 and looked in the little book near the end episodes to try to ring some bells, in 4.21, I think that's the first time Luke asks Lorelai out, technically, but it's to his sister's wedding, and I think at this point it's unclear if it's a date because Lorelai suspects Luke might feel something by now but it's not out in the open. then I did a google search hehe and I think I found what you wanted, I think the date they had where they went to the restaurant which I believe was their first actual date was 5.03 - Written in the Stars.  http://cw11.trb.com/entertainment/network/gilmoregirls/stv-gilmoregirls-stars-episode,0,2451784.story
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 09:36:32 am »

Did anybody else have the urge to scream dirty when Luke and Lorelai were talking about Luke taking his boat out of Lorelai's garage, or am I just twisted, perverted, and otherwise?
  oh my gosh, I laughed for like 10 minutes when I read that.  Every other sentence of everything sounds dirty to me and my friends always say that I am the most perverted of our group (it's pretty much true).

I also thought it was a little weird with kirk (who's like 35 years old) singing that song w/a 3rd grader. 

I also noticed that every time Lorelai said her "special all-me alone place" she would kinda sigh and look sad as she said "alone."   Cry

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
Copperboom619
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 07:29:39 pm »

awesome episode... dole and the whole respect.... paris and her undefined sexual partner....that girl is simply amazing no other words to describe her....the little boy with his lesbian mom was great..... poor marty..... don't mind logan but rory and jess all the way... tons of "dirty"s in this episode.... kirk and his cart....poor lorelai in her alone spot... I think ASP is trying to show us that rory is becoming more adult and isn't completely inocent like before shes changing shes now going to bed its very clear when logan won't stay until rory says she wants him to.. SPOILER *i think ASP had the boat thing and break up between rory and lorelai planned and was setting everything up*.. luke was mean when he went over and said you have a whole house of alone space very unconsiderate.... PINK RIBBION still

Best part in this episode by far is when kirk is singing and lorelai and luke are backstage and lorelai is crying. ONce again an amazing performance from Lauren Graham... she is such a great, exceptional actress.. this backstage scene shows it, you feel that it is so real you can see the emotions on her face. 
I wonder what its like for them to go to work and maek out with ppl all the time like rory was in bed with logan
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:44:18 pm by Copperboom619 » Logged
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 08:24:12 pm »

Great episode.  It was funny and sad.  Doyle, being an unwelcomed guest in Rory and Paris' room as he eats and drinks Rory's things.

Doyle, trying to demand respect from Rory.  Yet, gets kicked out of her dorm, angering Paris.  Doyle must have sucky roommates. 

Paris and how she wanted to help Lorelei.  Funny and the dinner Lorelei and Rory had at Yale was great. 

Poor Marty.  Trying to get close to Rory but alas, Logan comes in inviting them to Chinese food and is completely awkward at the table while Rory had a good time.  I don't think it's Rory's fault since she considers Marty a friend and she can't betray her feelings for Logan.  She likes the guy.

Poor Luke/Lorelei... Luke taking his dad's boat out of the garage and Lorelei deciding to make it into her own emotional space.  The two are angry with each other as their forced to work on the school play.  Kirk was great in Fiddler on the Roof.  The kids were great though... Carrie was trying to flirt with Luke.  The kid who talked about lesbians was funny.  How Luke overreacted over a girl nearly tripping over her dress with Lorelei was kinda funny.  The scene where Kirk and a girl were talking about love and singing... the look in both Lorelei and Luke's faces... sad.  It was like they really, really, really, really want to be together... 

We'll just have to wait for the next episode where Luke loses it. 
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2008, 11:52:14 pm »

You know most of the time I skip right over "Say Something" straight to this episode because I feel like I don't even need to watch "Say Something" to watch this episode. Other than Lorelai's breakdown and Luke running to her house when she called him I pretty much think that episode was boring and worth missing. Sometimes I would even skip over this episode mostly out of anger of the L/L breakup to the "Good Talk" episode. But once I started going back and actually watching those episode I realized what I had missed when I skipped over this episode all those times.

This was a really well written episode. The beginning with the "Coffee, coffee, coffee" thing was so funny. It shows how much Luke gets Lorelai's quarks where everyone else just doesn't get it. Then the destruction of Rory and Marty's friendship while Rory and Logan connected closer together was interesting to see. Luke wanting to talk to Lorelai through most of the episode and waiting to see her... but of course he ends up blowing what could've been good moments because of his anger. The boys in Lulu's class...especially the one who kept on mentioning his Mom was a Lesbian (when I first heard that come out of his mouth my reaction was the same as Luke's) and when Luke asked for a Phillips screwdriver but the boys brought things that were definately not a screwdriver. Kirk really showing his Peter Pan "Never Gonna Grow Up" tendecies was so Kirk. Sitting with the others kids, saying his mother was away when he needed a permission slip signed, going to the bathroom when all the kids were, telling Luke the cart he made was TOO good and stuff like that is what really made this episode enjoyable to watch... otherwise I think it would've been too serious.

The best stuff was of course the "Do You You Love Me" scene. First that girl who sang was amazing... what a talented girl the actress is I bet she's professionally trained or something. Second the look on Lorelai and Luke's faces as the song went on... wanting to say what they were feeling but their own stubborness getting in the way. I felt bad for Luke in Wedding Bell Blues but I felt bad for Lorelai in this episode because Luke just made things between them worse (stealing the boat away and displaying it outside the diner and then blowing up at Lorelai in the garage).

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 05:43:45 pm »

Ha, I love when Marty and Rory are on the couch and Logan knocks on the door and Marty says, "God, I hope it's Paris.  Maybe she and Doyle had a fight.  That would be great..."

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:08 pm »

Can someone please clarify - did Logan come back early or did Rory double book? I remember at the very end of the previous episode that they (Rory/Logan) made plans for Saturday night and then she invites Marty over. Poor Marty. He really had no chance. I wish Rory had just finished the Movie Marathon with him (as friends only) and then met up with Logan the next day. She must've known that he didn't really want to go. And how bad was the dining table - 3 couples and Marty.
Whenever I get bored in this episode I always imagine that Jess walks in and he works there (because this is writer Jess, but not yet published Jess) and throws a cat among the pigeons. Who would he hate more: Logan - rich, blonde and rebellious, or Marty - who appears to be season 5's Dean since the writers have been dumbing Dean down since season 2 - tall, and definitely not a rule breaker.
Intriguing...... thoughts?

I forgot to add that did anyone else see Logan's face when Colin made the atm put down? That plus the "don't be an a$$ Colin" remark in Written in the Stars show that maybe his social conscience kicks in before his friends.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:19:43 pm by katie_lou » Logged
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 06:13:48 pm »

Came back early i think

the lesbain mother thing was SO funny!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: